24 Movie Update: How Much Time Will Have Passed? Who's In It?

Get More: News

Kiefer Sutherland, during and after the Television Critics Association winter tour presentation of his new Fox series, Touch, updated reporters on 24‘s long-rumored trip to the big screen.

For one, Sutherland said that the hope is for the 24 movie to start filming “at the end of April, beginning of May.”

He later added that in terms of time passed since the 24 series finale — at the end of which Jack Bauer went off the grid and bid farewell to Chloe and the CTU team — the movie will be “relatively a direct continuation. We’re talking maybe six months from the end of that episode.”

Kiefer Sutherland Calls Touch an ‘Unabashedly Emotional’ Procedural With One Jack Bauer Tie-In

Sutherland confirmed for TVLine that in keeping with the action drama’s inherent premise, the feature will cover a 24-hour crisis period, though obviously not in real time but over the course of its two-hour (or however long) running time.

As for which familiar faces will take part in the project beyond Sutherland himself, 24 series/film producer Howard Gordon told TV Guide Magazine this week that Mary Lynn Rajskub’s Chloe, for one, will be involved.

Are you a 24 fan “counting the seconds” until the movie becomes a reality?

Comments (65)

• OMG thank goodness! I was worried Chloe wouldn’t be involved since she got arrested in that epilogue on the DVD extras. I don’t think I would have gone to see the movie if Chloe wouldn’t have been in the film.

Comment by bamalam – January 8, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What extra are you referring to?

Comment by Emgee – January 8, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can find it online too if you look hard enough. It’s called Chloe’s Arrest.

Comment by bamalam – January 9, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s about time Bauer came back, and on the big screen! Its gonna be freaking awesome!

Go Jack Go!

Comment by Dan – April 12, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I CANNOT WAIT to see Jack Bauer on my screen again!

Just one thing. I hope they get Carlos Bernard/Tony back for this film. His character was last seen alive in prison, so it’s possible. The thing is, he’s one of the only characters left that was around from the very beginning. He was a REALLY important part of the show, especially his romance with Michelle. I don’t really agree with what they did to his character in season seven, so if they could bring him back somehow and give his character some much needed closure, that would be amazing.

Comment by Shauna – January 8, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes they need Tony in the movie too! Give his character closure.

Comment by Z – January 8, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I for one will not watch unless Tony returns to his old self..

Comment by becki – January 19, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree…does anybody know how to make this happen? Sign a petition or something to get Tony back in the movie?

Comment by karina – August 15, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish UPN/WB were as open to an idea of a Gilmore girls movie or Veronica Mars movie as Fox is of a 24 and Arrested development movie
    for once fox (who’s always canceling their shows prematurely) is doing something right.

Comment by t.t – January 8, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY CHLOE

Comment by Clarissa – January 8, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was n avid 24 fan but I can’t say I’m all that excited about a 24 movie. The 24 hour conceit was had its good and bad season but cramming that into a two or two-and-a-half hour movie seems questionable.

Comment by Jimmy – January 8, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carlos Bernard (aka Tony Almeida) I Feel he needs to be in it!

Comment by Bauer – January 8, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSS. I agree though, please bring Carlos Bernard back and give Tony some redemption. He’s one of the only original cast members who’s character is still alive.

Comment by Camille – January 8, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least this way Jack will get to have toilet breaks.

Comment by Sourabh – January 8, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Chloe will be in it. But it wouldn’t feel like 24 without Tony. It’s time to give him the redemption he deserves!

Comment by AT – January 8, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping Jack and Audrey can get together again, so that Jack can finally have a happy ending. Kim Raver is probably busy shooting Grey’s, but still…. Jack deserves it :)

Comment by Mick – January 8, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never know Grey’s would be getting close to finishing up filming for season 8 by end of April start May. So possible that Kim Raver could be available. Would love to see Jack and Audrey reunite.

Comment by aussie – January 8, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Chloe is involved it will be awesome!

Comment by Babygate – January 8, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Tony, a’right?

And Michelle, David Palmer, Edgar, Mason, and Bill… Ahh good old memories :’)

Comment by Rose – January 8, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! I can’t wait.

Comment by Kimm – January 8, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care how they do it, just bring RENEE WALKER back in the movie.

Comment by Anom – January 8, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! They brought Tony back from the dead, they can bring back Renee too. She was better for Jack than Audrey ever was.

Comment by You Know Who – January 9, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, really. I was livid as hell after what happened to Renee and Jack in the final parts of season 8. I even stopped watching 24 as a result of it and I won’t be seeing that 24 movie unless they bring Renee back from the dead like they did with Tony.

Comment by Brendan – January 9, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me either! After the last 2 seasons I just can’t believe in Audrey… The Renee thing was so much more intense and they fit together. I wont see it if Audrey is in it. Renee dying sadly I actually teared up over a tv show! She was best thing to happen to 24

Comment by Ashley – June 18, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Tony!!!!!!!!

Comment by maggie – January 8, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Yes, Yes! Bring Tony back!

Comment by kathy – January 9, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, please Bring back Tony! I love seeing him on the screen! Somehow, maybe now Jack will be able to understand him, and they can be friends again!

Comment by karina – August 15, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Kim Bauer in this. Elisha Cuthbert is awesome, and Kim has always been my fave.

Comment by Snapy – January 8, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding. She is the most annoying character in TV history.

Comment by Shane – January 12, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge 24 fan since the beginning. Can’t wait for the big screen version but not sure on when it will be released.

Comment by kevin – January 8, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope tony is in it and michelle turns out to be alive all along.

Comment by Chris – January 8, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if Chloe CAN come back from Gail….she may be too far gone, LOL

Comment by Pat D. – January 8, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! for Chloe! now we need Tony and Audrey back!!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – January 8, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t bring that terrorist called Tony Almeida and offer a redemption gift to him. He should rot in prison.
    Also I don’t want to see Audrey only after six months of Renee Walker’s cheap death.

Comment by ozgulker – January 9, 2012 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t want to see that whining and pathetic Audrey back on that 24 movie.

Comment by Brendan – January 9, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife, and neighbors cant wait, we had 24 withdraw, so we have 24 partys And watch the tapes. We hope jack comes back.

Comment by stan – January 9, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Jack Bauer & company on the big screen, regardless of how or if they adhere to the 24 hour concept.

I do wonder if someone will ever take on the 24 concept on television again. After the first season, I considered that they could use that conceit with other lines of work, or even make an anthology series with a new 24 hour cast each season…

Comment by John Berggren – January 9, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will not see that 24 movie, not after what they did to Renee when they unacceptably killed her off (unless they bring her back from the dead).

Comment by Brendan – January 9, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You never know. Tony was killed and came back. The way I see it…anyone could come back. Jack’s come back how many times?!?! ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – January 10, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Although I would love to see A father & daughter reunion, as well as an Audrey & Jack. And let’s not forget Tony & Michelle. ;) :D Can’t wait for it to come out. ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – January 10, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • President Palmer where are you – we need you NOW

Comment by buster300 – January 11, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please bring Kim raver back, love her character and hope she and jack end up together, could never stand renee walker

Comment by Jesse – January 11, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i tooooooootally agree! jack and Audrey were perfect. She fulfilled his hard, stern, rough character by being kind, gentle, and submissive. I think, if anything, bringing Audrey and Jack back together would be the best decision for the movie. Finally there would be one woman whom Jack loves that has remained alive. Tony’s character needs to be finalized (bad or good ending doesn’t matter). Jack’s character needs to concluded as well, unless they plan to continue the show, and it needs to be a positive ending for all the fans.
      Thank you. -Kayla

Comment by kayla – April 12, 2013 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to bring back curtis manning. He was the most realistic person on the show. Kim Bauer does not need to come back. In a two hour movie lets stick to the action. There is no reason for mushy family side notes that they needed to fill out a 24 epidsode series.

Comment by Shane – January 12, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back audrey and tony. jack and renee knows eachother like what one and a half days? jack never said that he loves renee but he said many time how much he loves audrey. they have history and deserve to end up together.

Comment by suj – January 12, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea but look at what he shared with Renee. Also what he did for her- actions louder than words

Comment by Ashley – June 18, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see Tony back in action but not as a bad guy. I want to know if Wayne Palmer died before the end of the 6th season because his VP was the president during redemption and the beginning of the 7th season. Also i would like to know if Curtis is really dead or not because Jack shot him in a spot that wasn’t vital and i don’t see how he could’ve died from that. I don’t want to see Kim cause all she ever did was complain and blame her father for everything. everytime she got into trouble she would be the first one to call Jack…smh! Lastly it was said Charles Logan survived. He killed the Russians and Logan somehow didn’t and i would like for Jack to finish him off for good. Aaron Pierce is a good agent and i would like to see him as well as David Palmer.

Comment by Loco – January 17, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David Palmer is DEAD, people! (But lives on in The Unit syndication and insurance commercials). He was shot in the head by an assassin at the start of one of the early seasons, remember? Kinda hard to survive a head shot from a high-powered rifle, unless you want him back as a serious head trauma victim! Too bad they can’t have moron daughter Kim shot in the head and returning as someone with half a brain, which is more than she had the first time around! Talk about a hot looking character with the most annoying of personalities! I can’t wait for the movie. I think Jimmy Kimmel had the right idea: have the movie actually last 24 hours, so it’s still in real-time, and you have to sit through a whole day of edge-of-your-seat terrorism just around the corner. Of course, you’d hope they’d have a few intermissions for popcorn, drinks and bathroom breaks! Then again, if Jack doesn’t have time to pee, why should we?? lol

Comment by Steve – January 23, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited about the movie coming out. I hope they bring back some characters from the beginning who helped make the show what it was.

Comment by stephanie – January 31, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im lookin 4ward to the new 24 movie and they shud bring bk mr hastings to run ctu and tony, chloe, wayne palmer, pierce, kim bauer, renee walker shud come bk with tonys help, jack shud kill logan for gud thats for definate.

Comment by Andrew bertie – February 17, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I reckon they should bring Ryan Chapelle back ;)

Comment by Danie – February 19, 2012 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What great news 24 the movie is on its way cant wate i have all the dvds this will finish my collection. I hope Tony an chloe are in it it would not be 24 with out them I hope they all find happynes but god love Jack i bet he dos not. Then we can have 24 two an so on i bet all fans wish them well in makeing the flim cant wate to see it xx

Comment by maria bailey – March 5, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow cant wait to see this movie when will it be out?

Comment by Israel Imagbedion – March 11, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God that 24 has not end. I cannot wait to see jack bawer,tony almeida chloe and audrey get together again in ther nex season 9

Comment by Prince douglas adeyi – March 19, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! AMEN 4 Chloe! I really hope to see familiar faces in the movie. I actually have this crazy idea that Nina Myers could resurrect from the dead, and actually become the main antagonist. I feel like she was perfect because she was personally connected to Jack, and was ruthless and cunning. If Tony can come back from the dead, so could Nina. Especially since she could’ve been wearing a bullet-proof vest and if she had survived, it would have been hidden from Jack anyways because he clearly intended to kill her. I don’t know, that probably won’t happen, and it’s probably a bad idea, but i wasn’t satisfied with her death at all, i mean she killed Terri! Thats huge! I’m really excited for the film, 24 is the best!

Comment by Heather Follette (@HeatherFollette) – April 16, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Tony back for the Movie! He is awesome, bring him back as his old self, though. I love his quiet “all rights”. I don’t think his character got closure after all he had been through losing his wife. He truly loved her their love was beautiful, it was bad enough they killed her off like that! BRING TONY BACK!

Comment by Kari – July 24, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope EVERYONE who’s ever played an important role in 24 will be in the movie- Jack, Teri, Kim, Audrey, the Palmers, Renee, Chloe, Tony, Michelle…. Bring everyone in it and make the movie so long it takes up 24 hours times eight cuz tht’s how many seasons there r of 24! (big 24 fan, own all the seasons and watch them all in the summer)

Comment by Mia – July 26, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That way nobody will not watch it or be disappointed cuz there fave characters r there. Hope ur reading this, director of 24 The Movie! :p

Comment by Mia – July 26, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i lov jark bauer nd i lov seeing him in anoda sweat movie.jark more grip 2 ur elbow.

Comment by osikoya adegboyega taylor – September 19, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have you all forgot the awesome Bill Buchanan

Comment by jj – September 24, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i do not know about the bird-brains that want all the dead people to come back, let me inform you: dead means dead unless ulyou didnt actually see them die (aka Tony). Few things I know for sure: Pres. Wayne palmers’s character needs to be concluded so does Tony’s, Kim’s, Chloe’s, Pres. Logan, Pierce’s, and Jack’s. But Jack’s finalization needs to be the most important, and positive, because if its not, the audience will not be happy with the outcome, and you wont get the money you all want. Do the right thing-reunite Audry with Jack, she was the best woman for him, and we all know that.

Comment by kayla – April 12, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its stupid how they treat jack, I mean he saved so many people and all he gets in return is being hunted by his own government, they should just give him a medal already lol

Comment by Anna – June 17, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David palmer was actually shot in the neck not in the head

Comment by Andrew bertie – February 17, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post