Once Upon a Time: Watch This Week's First 8 Minutes, Check Out New Cast Photos

ABC’s Once Upon a Time resumes its freshman run this Sunday at 8/7c, and to whet your appetite here’s a look at the hour’s first eight minutes (season-recapping intro included).

Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: A Heartbreaking Wedding Nears, Sexy Red Is Revealed

The clip kicks off in the fairytale land that was, as Rumplestiltskin frets that his soon-to-be-14-year-old son will be drafted against his will into the ogre wars. That flashback also offers a glimpse at a mysterious character referred to as “The Dark One” — how might he factor into Rumple’s transition from meek farmer to power player?

We then cut to Storybrooke, where Mr. Gold, weeks after Graham’s passing, shares his condolences with Emma — and then nudges her to assume a promotion to sheriff. But as you will see, Regina is so not on board with that bump up the ladder.

Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: Hansel and Gretel Visit Emma Caulfield’s Creepy Blind Witch

Also, below this clip you will find a few new cast photos of Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas and others.

1. TinCan says:

No picture of the sheriff / the Hunter!!! I hope he was not really killed off.

2. bamalam says:

Ginnifer Goodwin’s short hair style fits her character of Mary Margaret…but it just doesn’t fit her personally. I don’t think it looks good at all. Hopefully things will change. She looks so much better with longer hair.

3. Kiki says:

Darn it !!! can’t watch the video :( sucks :P guess i’ll have to wait till tomorrow :(

4. Justine says:

I’m still convinced the queen gave her that haircut in the alternate reality so that she wouldn’t be the fairest one of all. The queen was always jealous of her beauty and that haircut is really really ugly.

5. Jill says:

Please don’t tell me that the Sheriff/Hunter isn’t really dead!? Can that be an AA question?

6. xav says:

I love Ginny’s short hair. It’s super cute on her. And it matches Henry’s.

7. Emily says:

Please tell me good starts winning soon . . . LOVE this show but I’m getting tired of Regina always beating Emma.

8. JDHetherington says:

That Rumplestiltskin pic is creepy. I love it! :D

9. Toto says:

Absolutely the best show on TV. Superb casting. Can’t wait.

10. Alicia L. says:

The only thing I don’t understand is if she is the acting Sheriff or even the Deputy why doesn’t she have a gun?

11. RjrtistBrittickjrBrittickjrBritt says:

When Eion Bailey shows up in another week as The Stranger all the women will be saying Graham who?

12. lolo says:

“We’re sorry, currently our video blahblahblahblah..”
    seriously :(

13. FairyTaleLover says:

Stop bitching about the hair cut people. There isn’t much you can do to Ginnifer to make her look ugly and that hair cut isn’t one of them. She looks great either way. Relax.

14. John says:

I love post-hiatus during the first year of a show, since it’s the first break in production and usually comes back with tweaks, growth, and new direction. For example, the clip already proves that the production values are going up in fairy tale land (or they’re getting better at stylizing the look), and the writing appears to be stepping up as well (an Espenson script doesn’t hurt, either). Looking forward to watching this one grow.

15. Leo says:

Where’s the picture of Emma? o.o I thought she’s the face of this show. Lol.
    And I just love Ginnifer Goodwin. She’s my favorite actrees and no, she doesn’t look ugly in that haircut!

16. Toto says:

Have fun with the Led Zeppelin “easter egg”.

17. Sweet pi says:

OMG!! I love this show!! I wish this was on every day!! Who is that stranger at the end of episode 9 and in episode 10