Bravo Buzz: Kathy Griffin Lands Weekly Talk Show, Glee Cast Goes Inside the Actors Studio

Get More: Glee, News, Series Orders

If you’re a pop culture junkie and Kathy Griffin floats your boat, Bravo is about to claim an hour of your time each week.

The cabler announced at its Television Critics Association winter press tour session that the red-headed comedienne will this spring launch Kathy, a weekly talk show that promises to deliver “Griffin’s thoughts on everything pop culture as she rants on the week’s biggest headlines and tabloid gossip.” The talker will also feature stand-up routines, celebrity interviews and taped segments.

In addition, Griffin is on board to perform this year her 14th and 15th stand-up specials for Bravo.

Bravo Sets Season 7 Premiere for Real Housewives of Orange County

Other Bravo bits:

* Inside the Actors Studio will kick off its next run with George Clooney on Jan. 31, while the cast and creators of Glee are set to be profiled later in the year.

* Among Bravo’s brand-new offerings for 2012, Curtis Stone and Cat Cora are confirmed to host Around The World in 80 Plates, a competition series that follows 12 chefs competing in a culinary race across 10 countries in 44 days. That debuts in May.

* The network has greenlit Pregnant in Heels Season 2, The Millionaire Matchmaker Season 6 and Million Dollar Listing: L.A. Season 5.

Comments (11)

• HAHAH, I <3 her. Might actually tune in even though I no longer watch Bravo.

Comment by Danielle H – January 7, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good to me! I thought her last 2 stand up specials weren’t as funny. I like her in a more conversational setting.

Comment by Troma – January 7, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as she doesn’t drone on about The Real Housewives, I’m down with this! I hope she reverts to the tone of her older, more spontaneous specials rather than the carefully laid out mediocrity she’s been putting out lately.

Comment by Sam – January 7, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kathy glad to have her back at weekly basis.

Comment by Megan – January 7, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a good format for Kathy Griffin!

The problem w/her last few specials is that by the time they aired a lot of the jokes were dated. Her act is based on current pop culture happenings which this show will allow her to do.

Comment by George – January 7, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll try it, but I’m not optimistic.

Comment by Templar – January 7, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss D-List terribly. I’m not the biggest fan of her standup(it’s funny, but I’m not a big fan of standup period.), but I loved having a glimpse of her “real” world. I think that she’s funnier when she is talking off-the-cuff.

Comment by Michael – January 7, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god for more Kathy! Although a weekly show may be too much (her voice!), it certainly makes up for no more Life on the D-List and is 100% better than another Bravo show featuring horrible people [which I watch to make myself feel better, I swear!].

Comment by Mal – January 7, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cracks me up how you are reporting that glee actor will be on Actors studio when most of the fandom know they already filmed that 3 weeks ago.

Comment by scoop – January 7, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • George Clooney’s ITAS is filming tonight!

Comment by J – January 9, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post