As we first reported, Ricky Martin will play a Spanish teacher on Fox’s hit musical this spring, and when he finally hit the set this week, the cast went TwitPic cray-zay. See for yourselves here and here and here.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Comedy icon Carl Reiner will play a Godfather-type character on an upcoming episode of Parks and Recreation, TV Guide Magazine reports. The story finds Leslie campaigning at a Pawnee senior center and needing the endorsement of Reiner’s character to lock in votes. (You can read more about the episode in Matt’s Inside Line.)
• Dukes of Hazzard alumna Catherine “Daisy” Bach has booked a juicy role on daytime staple The Young and the Restless, EW.com reports. Beginning Feb. 7, she’ll play the “scheming mother” of Melissa Claire Egan’s troublemaker, Chelsea.
• The ageless wonder that is Bianca Lawson (she played a high-schooler on both Buffy and Pretty Little Liars!) has booked a multi-episode arc in Season 2 of Teen Wolf, per E! Online. This time around she’ll actually play an adult — Beacon Hills high school’s guidance counselor.
• Elisabeth Rohm will recur on Lifetime’s series adaptation of The Client List. Per Deadline, the Law & Order alumna is set to play a “rich and judgmental” Texas socialite who rubs Jennifer Love Hewitt the wrong way.
• Awkward mom Nikki Deloach has landed a recurring gig on The CW’s Ringer, TVGuide.com reports, playing the oft-mentioned stripper whose murder Bridget witnessed.
• NBC’s futuristic drama pilot, Beautiful People, has cast Frances Conroy (American Horror Story) as its leading lady, Deadline reports. She’ll play a woman whose husband founded the firm that manufactures human-esque androids.
• Martin Sheen, Marisa Tomei, Reba McEntire, Rob Lowe, Helen Hunt, Edie Falco, Rashida Jones and Jason Sudeikis are among the latest batch of celebs to delve into their respective family histories during Season 3 of NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are?, premiering Friday, Feb. 3.
• TBS has greenlit the new buddy comedy series Men at Work, starring Danny Masterson (That ‘70s Show), James Lesure (Las Vegas), Michael Cassidy (The O.C.) and Adam Busch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and set at a magazine. TNT meanwhile has ordered its first-ever reality competition series: The Great Escape, which counts Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Bertram van Munster (The Amazing Race) among its exec producers. Set to premiere this summer, the series will “drop teams of ordinary people into the middle of their own epic action/adventure movie,” asking them to escape such locations as a seven-story castle, a sinking ship or a maximum security prison.
• The Style Network has ordered a fifth season of docu-series Giuliana & Bill, to premiere Monday, April 2.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?