Is NCIS Treating or Toying With 'Tiva' Fans? Has McSteamy Not Moved On? And More Questions!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we are going to throw at you, from shows including NCIS, Parenthood, Happy Endings, Grey’s Anatomy and The Vampire Diaries!

1 | Do talent bookers (such as for Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve) realize that for all they know, beneath the masks and costumes, they didn’t actually get Lady Gaga? Meanwhile, was Megan Hilty belting out “Let Me Be Your Star” on NBC’s NYE special the best commercial for Smash ever?

2 | Hey ABC, ever think about turning Dick Clark’s mike off after he finishes the countdown? The sound of him macking away on his wife while the camera panned Times Square almost made us lose our champagne.

3 | Chuck‘s Sarah sure could crash a dinner party back in the day, huh?

4 | Is ABC Family’s promo guy determined to make The Lying Game sound like The Lion King? Or do we just need a hearing check?

5 | Are Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game sharing ‘A’ now? Did ABC Family get a one-for-two deal on anonymous harassers?

6 | Since 2 Broke Girls is based on the premise that Max makes a world-class cupcake, was anyone else frankly disappointed to learn she uses a boxed mix, and doesn’t even know how to bake from scratch? To that end, why did they make a fuss of Caroline learning to measure and bake a few weeks ago?

7 | Who else is skeptical about Lily’s dad waltzing back into her life on How I Met Your Mother? We sense a pregnancy board game ahead…

8 | Sandy Rivers is hilarious on How I Met Your Mother, and we were big fans of Buffy/Angel‘s fumbling Wesley (before he turned dark), so why doesn’t Alexis Denisof have his own sitcom yet?

9 | How pleasantly surprised were “Tiva” fans by this week’s NCIS featuring the return of E.J. Barrett (Sarah Jane Morris)? Who knew she was such a ‘shipper! (And yet how much are the same fans dreading next week’s C-I-Ray proposal…?)

10 | Anyone else spend the holiday break crushing hard on Income Property host Scott McGillivray?

11 | Monica Potter gets a lot of viewer love for her unheralded performance on Parenthood, but when will the truly unsung heroes of the show – Craig T. Nelson and Bonnie Bedelia – get their due?

12 | Was it really necessary to cram five people in one car, while only Haddie and Adam occupied another, for Parenthood‘s road trip?

13 | Was Unforgettable‘s Bad Guy of the Week the world’s dumbest criminal or what? The fact that he believed lithe Poppy Montgomery could push around a dolly loaded with 5,000 lbs. of cement….

14 | Where was Nolan’s bodyguard on Revenge when he needed him?! And did anyone else think that Daniel and Tyler were going to kiss this week?

15 | Penny and Dave on Happy Endings: Yay or nay?

16 | Is there a place online where we can watch Modern Family man Phil Dunphy’s complete game show appearance? If only for his hair? Speaking of the Family: Why can’t Cam and Mitchell be a bit nicer to each other?

17 | Did it strike any other Grey’s Anatomy viewer that Mark’s pretty, perky and talented new doctor girlfriend is basically Lexie II? Is that the message here, that he hasn’t really moved on?

18 | That was a terrific winter premiere, Vampire Diaries, but where was Caroline? We know every supporting character can’t be in every episode, but we can’t help missing the awesome blonde like crazy when she’s absent.

19 | Why are there so many weak links in the Project Runway: All-Stars cast? Isn’t the idea of such an edition to pick the best designers?

20 | Is anyone else watching Scouted on E!? Bueller?

1. Pao says:

People I think ZIVA will say NO cause she said that she came to the US for something permanent and TONY IS THE CLOSES THING TO PERMANET

SOOO GO TIVA FOREVER!!!! <3

2. Sara says:

Ziva better say NO! to Ray!!!!!!

3. meg says:

hell yes to #10! i’m so addicted to that show.
    and i had the same thought about “project runway: all stars” – huge question mark there…

4. Big pinch says:

U must ride the short yellow bus to work to think thAt cbs is about to cancel the #1 show on tv

5. jeff says:

This show’s writer’s have a dread fear of character development – has ANY character changed or grown in any way since their character was introduced? Tony still acts like an immature frat boy, and Wetherly’s getting a little long in the tooth to be playing that kind of part.
    It’s just so predictable and pathetic that the minute Ziva and Tony have the “conversation” that Ray COINCIDENTALLY calls – please!
    I’ve found with age I tend to fall asleep when a show is boring, and any more I can’t make it though an episode of NCIS.

6. Mris says:

I Adore Tive and the slow burn of their relationship is finally – hopefully – paying off. The moment between them was outstanding and I am curious, worried, super excited for the next episode! I think NCIS will break the moonlighting curse and Tiva will live on for a long time. They have done it right – moonlighting was too campy, too over the top. Tiva has hit the right mix and I believe in the NCIS writers they have delivered some exceptional TV!

7. Holly says:

JUST SAY NO ZIVA! Tony is your anti-drug!!!!

8. Rosie says:

Don’t forget to note that in the episode “Newborn King” when gibbs & tony are talking how gibbs told him that if he had a chance to find true love to go for it. It gives the hint gibbs would accept it. He has rule 51 for a reason & I think a lot of the animosity with ej was he didn’t trust her or like her. I would honestly believe that if gibbs believed they found true love then he would be happy for them. He loves both of them as a son & daughter so much that he would probably make an exception. He would want tony & ziva to have what he had with Shannon.

• Michael says:

But he not their dad he there BOSS and if they break the rules he has to fire one of them just like when secret service first kate back in season one which bring to what Gibbs told kate “You pull that crap at NCIS I won’t give you a chance to quit”

• Svenja says:

It’s not that simple. The team grew together. Yes, he is the boss, but he cannot fire them because they’d date. There isn’t any official rule against this. And he will never go through with it. They are a family, he IS their dad in a way and their boss. Tony treats Gibbs, Ziva, Abby and McGee as if they were his children. He told Ziva “you’re never alone when you got kids”. Season 1 was different. The teams hasn’t been together that long and hasn’t been through much in S1. Gibbs’ character has significantly changed over the years. He’s much softer now and still badass. But he let’s his team into his heart.

• Svenja says:

Just noticed that I got some things wrong. Of course it is GIBBS who treats the team as if they were his children. The TEAM hasn’t been together. God, I was very tired when I wrote this yesterday. But the message is clear (I think)

• Michael says:

There a rules for dating a coward worker and just because they made gibbs a pussy doe not change the fact he still their boss and if it does then he need to go

• Maria says:

He didn’t fire Tony or EJ when they broke rule #12…

• Michael says:

EJ was not on his team

• Julie says:

Rule 12 is not never date your partner or teammate, but never date a coworker, EJ was one, and Gibbs had a big problem with it and told Tony that.

• Nina says:

Actually, rule #12 says: Never date a CO-WORKER
            The word co-worker means everyone someone has to with while working…
            that also includes Ducky, Abby, Palmer etc.
            If it referred to only people in the team they’d use the word colleague.

What I think is the most important argument why Gibbs can’t fire people for breaking this rule: He broke it himself with Jenny!

• Stacey says:

It’s not a NCIS mandated rule. It’s a Gibbs personal rule. And even he admits and created a new one. “Sometimes you’re wrong” with #51. He has ten years of history with Tony. And seven with Ziva. He may not approve of it right away, but they won’t get fired unless they do something to make it, his only choice. Gibbs has been known to break his rules. I agree, he didn’t approve or trust EJ. And therefore he had more issues with that relationship. Ziva is very different situation. He may not like it at first, but as long as they are professional and do their jobs. I doubt he would fire them. He didn’t fire Tony for getting involved with EJ. He has no rights to fire EJ because she wasn’t his team member, but Tony…he acted like a disapproving father and let it go!

9. PCN says:

Pleasantly surprised re: NCIS is an understatement! It is just so wonderful to see this series getting better and better, hats off to the writers and cast. Happy to see CIA-Ray become MIA-Ray quite frankly, so that Tony and Ziva can continue that conversation we were left with :)

10. jambler says:

Love the latest episode of NCIs “Housekeeping”. It was a well written show (new writer) and every scene had memorable lines. Mainly, I admire the actors who play the main team members and what we get from the characters is largely the way the actors interpret them. Michael Weatherly is brilliant and probably the most handsome actor on TV (the last 9 years!) and Mark Harmon has a huge resume of successful roles. Then there is David McCallum beloved from his iconic role in “A Man From Uncle”.Pauley Perrette is a lovely quirky character actor who makes her “Abby” into such an original role, there is no comparison. And the rest of the cast is talented enough to round out the “team” dynamics which keeps the fans (international, by the way) tuning in every week to keep NCIS #1.

“Tiva” is fun and delightful, adding a touch of romance to the show. But lately a new theme has emerged. The importance of Family and its place in the work of crime solving.Can an agent do the work and have a family too> They damn well better – they are not superheroes they are human and deserve personal happiness. So, I think that this theme will be played out on the show much to the admiration of the fans wyo hope to enjoy a few more years of NCIS.

Sorry for the gush. I just can’t believe how good this show is!

11. vollisar says:

Oh yes NCIS TPTB are teasing us with Tiva. It’s time for Tiva. Subtle movement. Play on Michael and Cote’s smokin’ hot chemistry with a scene like the beautiful one in Housekeeping every few episodes. Take it slow, but let them move toward each other. They are both so dysfunctional that it will be a dramedy as they slowly realize it can happen for them.

12. Mary says:

I thought the Tuesday episode of NCIS was wonderful. LOVED the TIVA scene. And no I don’t think the writers are toying with the TIVA fans. I’ve been enjoying watching them get closer and closer all season long. I honestly was surprised with EJ. I couldn’t believe what she was saying to Tony about Ziva. Really enjoyed it. I thought they did a nice job with her exit. I’m not too worried about CI Ray next week. I don’t see her accepting and even on the small chance she does something will happen too stop it, like her finding out what he was doing in Tel Aviv. They’ll never get married. Proud TIVA supporter. GO TIVA!

13. Mandy says:

Yay! Penney + Dave!

14. Kat says:

Cote signed a new 2 year deal at the end of season 8 so she isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. There is no way she is going anywhere. All of the characters are under contract right now and honestly would you leave a show and kill off a character that adds to the chemistry of a show bringing in 20 million viewers, oh no way!!

15. Danielle says:

I loved basically everything about Vampire diaries this week (team Delena) but my one big issue was the lack of my favorite blonde vampires. Caroline is who knows where and Rebekah is daggered, then un-daggered, then dagered again. this needs to change ASAP!

16. MissKatie says:

Loved the NCIS episode. It was well done. Tony and Ziva scenes were amazing. All I can say is Ziva-just say NO!!!!

17. Summer says:

Oh!!!
    I thought you were being serious. I was about to get depressed. Good One!!!

18. lipsticksocialism says:

Bonnie Bedelia needs to get her due!!

19. Net says:

I’m sorry, I don’t want Tony and Ziva to get together. If they do it ends NCIS…we all know that’s what happens!! I hope the PTB will do like they did JAG, once they know it’s the last season, then get them together! Or bring back Jeanne…sorry loves her.

20. Stephanie says:

Definitely did not see EJ the Tiva Shipper coming. Not that I’m complaining. ;) Nearly 200 episodes and the writers still manage to surprise us. I love it. :)
    As for Ray popping the question next week, judging by the incredibly sweet moment Tony and Ziva shared at the end of Housekeeping, I can’t help but get the impression that the answer’s going to be no. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but as others have already said, at this point Ziva saying yes wouldn’t make much sense, not to mention it’s a classic soap opera move, and NCIS is NOT a soap opera.

21. Penny says:

I watched Scouted twice. It was underwhelming, and very formulaic.

I am also confused with the direction of the Lying Game.

22. Mitholas says:

I realise the grandparents in Parenthood aren’t the most talked-about characters, but the show treats them the same as all the other characters. They are beautifully worked out and they get their time in the limelight. This last episode was one of my favorite episodes so far, exactly because it shows the dynamic between those two so very well. I could sort of recognise my own parents in it. Zeek was on edge and irritable and Camille saw it and knew it was best not to say anything. Bonnie’s acting was spot on. She said so much with just looks in this episode.

Parenthood does not get the praise it really clearly deserves. I hope this show stays on air for decades. It’s probably the best, most realistic and touching family drama show I have ever seen. It’s beautiful and I don’t want to miss a single episode. Hope they keep up the good work.

23. Alicia says:

Ziva should say yes to Ray. I’m so excited to see Ray again. He’s so sweet and sexy! I love him!!!

24. Oh just go away..... says:

*Michael* or is it really Michelle? You are really a very annoying little troll. Save everyone’s sanity and slither away…..like ASAP.

25. tvaddict says:

2 Broke Girls: Max said she used box mix when she was too tired to do it homemade.

Happy Endings: YAY!!!!!

PLL/The Lying Game: If The Lying Game can make it as suspenseful as PLL, I am all for this new blackmailer!

26. tati says:

the new girlfriend Mark isn’t basically Lexie, is exactly Lexie….

27. Yeah,right..... says:

Sigh, sorry *Michelle*, but the only fan of NCIS that you are is in the deep recesses of your delusional mind. Read all of your inaccurate and hate filled remarks that you have been posting everywhere–nah, you aren’t a fan. You deal with the fact that most true NCIS fans recognize your rants and pouts as things a child would say–what’s next? Going to hold your breath? Please do….for about 6 hours.

28. michael says:

LOL thank you for proving my point

29. Chelle says:

Hold on TIVA fans. They just cast someone to play Wendy who is supposed to show up in the Feb 14 episode, just in time for Valentine’s Day and just in time to rattle Tony’s cage! Seriously, I wish the writers would stop toying with us and hook them up already. I think they are going to make us wait until the very LAST episode of the series before anything with Tiva will ever happen! SIGH!!!!

30. Whatever..... says:

Oh, wow, Michelle, I am mortally wounded to my soul with your keen, rapier wit. Uh, yeah. The only “point” I see, is the one emerging from your tiny little head. But hey, thanks for playing……..

31. Lisa says:

I would love to see more Alexis Denisof on my TV.

32. Lisa says:

Vamp Diaries was great! Finally, some Damon/Elena lip action :)