Hot Video: Watch the First 2 Minutes of One Tree Hill's Final Season Now!

If you were one of the lucky few to attend Thursday’s “An Evening with One Tree Hill” event (moderated by yours truly), the following footage is old news. But for fans still craving a taste of the long-running soap’s ninth and final season premiere, we’ve got the first two minutes right here, right now.

While we can’t reveal much about the jaw-dropping goings-on in the clip, we can say that it kicks off the episode and sets the tone for what promises to be a dark, gritty year for the Tree Hill gang.

Press PLAY below to see the beginning of the end for Brooke Davis and Co., and then, if you’re so inclined, keep scrolling down and check out a photo gallery from last night’s celebratory event.

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Photo Gallery, Premieres, Previews, Video, Winter TV Preview

1. mandy says:

What the heck!!!!! I am so excited now!!!! That is some crazy stuff!

• lorna says:

as a former die hard fan, thank goodness it is finally ending. now people will think of the show like they do with 7th heaven- went on for wayyyyy too long. i am excited for full time chris keller and dan scott. mouth and millie have long outlived their usefulness.

2. Layla says:

This is probably a stupid question, but is Sophia Bush pregnant?

And Nathan better not be dead…

3. ggny says:

im guessing the rumor are true about James Lafferty hating pretty much everyone on the cast i mean Tyler Hilton was even there why wasnt the main character? Sucks though James always seemed like a good guy

• ggny says:

also no Skills…i always felt like he was the most undervalued character on the cast the guy always brought in the few scenes he had and he was there from the start he should have been there for this

• Captain says:

I don’t think he hates everyone. There are clips online from the panel and Sophia talks about how she was talking to James on the last day about how the two of them (and Joy) are the final three originals standing and that they’re like a family. He’s got his own things going on. I think he was ready to move on a few seasons ago and lost interest in the series but I don’t think he hates everyone.

• Nicole says:

Julian is also not in the picture…

4. rod says:

is Jana Kramer out of the show ??? She never felt like an organic fit for the show, but i enjoyed her last season

• Educator80 says:

From all i’ve been reading, i think Kramer is only in the first 2 episodes and then she leaves (Alex goes on tour).

5. Ashley says:

OMG! Yes Jana is in the first half of the season & then goes on music tour, (in real life & on the show) & I was thinking the same thing Sophia Bush looks pregnant! Bethany lost so much weight! & I want to know who died! I know Nathan goes missing in Europe on the show….but I don’t think they would kill him off….

6. Jack says:

Id say it’s either Nathan skills or Mia who’s dead because it was said it is an old character who has added toIthe plot

• Tom says:

It was a caucasian person’s nose that we saw. Clearly not Skills. Definitely not Mia because, let’s be serious, who cares? The only viable person it could be is Nathan. I bet this is going to be a season that all leads up to these moments for these characters but doesn’t start out this way. That’s the way I see it at least. Which is actually a very interesting way to go for the show.

• Laura says:

I agree this whole season is going to be a lead up to these 2 minutes. Also if it was Mouth it wouldn’t be Haley going to id the body it would be Brooke, Nathan, Skills, or Milly, Skills and Haley were close but nothing like those guys. This is just how they hook us into watching the whole season.

• jb says:

pause it at 1:49, and look in the corner, you can see a white nose.

• Rob says:

The diner that Brooke was destroying was not Karen’s Cafe, it was the Diner that Sam’s mother worked at. I’m going to totally guess that it is Sam who is dead. We haven’t heard from her in quite a while and it was something they said we’d have brought up again.

• lorna says:

im guessing one of haleys sisters. maybe taylor????

7. Maida says:

is this the blind item that ausiello talked about?

8. Sara says:

Couldn’t it be Lucas? I thought I heard he was coming back for an episode or two… so it could be him that’s dead, or he comes back for Nathan’s funeral….
    I will be PISSED if it’s Nathan.

• julie says:

it isn’t lucas. the editors already said lucas comes back for his one episode to help haley through a very difficult time. (probably because nathen died:/ )

9. Tom says:

I predict that this is going to be a season that all leads up to these moments for these characters but doesn’t start out this way. That’s the way I see it at least. Which is actually a very interesting way to go for the show’s final season. Seeing as how Lucas is returning but Peyton isn’t, I doubt it’s going to be him unless it just ends with Lucas’ death to complete the circle of the boy losing his uncle (like he lost Keith)

10. Susan says:

Ok does anyone else find Chris Keller and Dan working together on something funny?

11. Michelle says:

AHHH what the hell is going on D: Seriously got goosebumps. And it sounds like Dan’s the one beating Julian up?

Need. OTH. to. start. now.

• Hali says:

So I don’t really have a clue what’s going on since I stopped watching at season 7, but could someone be kind enough to give me a summary (considering watching this season to see how it ends)?

12. Brock says:

Yep, agree, it will lead up to this spot, but I reckon it’ll be a halfway point. They have to organically work Kellar and Dan back into the series and it’ll build to that moment, then the aftermath will follow, resulting in a positive finale. :)

13. AcE says:

No Peyton, No interest.

• Dana says:

No Peyton, much happiness.

Let’s make a poem.

• Miranda says:

Right there with you.

To be fair, I think I made it half way through season 7’s first episode, only to stop watching because I missed Peyton and Lucas. They were my favourite, and the main reason I watched the fifth and sixth season. Otherwise, I would have stopped at season 4.

14. Jake says:

To think that the plot of this show was about two very different brothers who hated each other but just wanted to play basketball.

15. Melanie says:

I don’t think it’s Nathan, at least I hope not.

I definitely think those first two minutes, are really from the final episodes and the rest of the season will be leading up to them. I hope this isn’t another “L Word” though.

16. Josh says:

Wow a horrible show, haha. I still can’t believe this continued while Everwood and Veronica Mars were canceled. Scary stuff…

17. Winston Mize says:

as a long time fan of the show, I really hope like The O.C. they go off on-top. meaning I expect some good/bad stuff happening. I mean this two minute preview was intense and almost felt forced, but then again, like everyone else, I think they will work us into this. though Mark does like time jumps….Maybe Julian dies because I mean, when has Brooke truly ever been able to be happy?

• Tom says:

In what universe did The OC go out on top? They killed marissa, became a joke, and got cancelled in February of that year. Not exactly “on top”

• Elizabeth says:

Exactly.

• Winston Mize says:

Did you actually watch the show? Critics and fans(that I know or heard from) found season four more enjoyable than the dreck that was season three. Losing Marissa may have killed the ratings, but gaining Taylor Townsend, seth and summer’s engagement and maybe baby, Julie Cooper with ryan’s dad and the bullit? Was a good quality move. The show had heart. In my opinion it went out on top of it’s game story wise.

• ggny says:

wth show where you watching? the ratings tanked because people got sick of Marissa and pretty much every critic+fans thought season 4 was The OC 2nd best season after the 1st…Season 4 of The OC was what 2nd and 3rd should have been

• lorna says:

season 4 was great. i liked marissa but i liked s4, way better than crappy s3.

18. Lexie says:

Honestly, One Tree Hill kind of died for me after season 5. I tried to watch, and I’ve seen episodes from the later seasons but it’s merely a shadow of what it once was. I just don’t enjoy watching it. So I’m glad it’s finally ending.
    Maybe it’s Peyton who died? Haha, since they couldn’t get the actress to return. Plot twist?
    As for The O.C., I have to disagree. While I was very sad Marissa died, I actually really enjoyed the 4th and final season. I thought it was fresh and fun again, as opposed to how it had gone stale and lost some of the magic during the 3rd season.

• But says:

That body definitely looked male or at least a very flat very broad chested female.

• lorna says:

Agreed with everything, Lexie. OTH became waterered down and a family/kids show. Who the heck cares this much about Chuck? Really!? He gets more storylines than some of the cast.

19. TayMads says:

So. Does anyone know the name of the song playing the background? I really liked it and if anyone can tell me it would be greatly appreciated.

I stopped watching One Tree Hill after season 6 so I haven’t tuned in for the last two seasons. I saw the season 8 finale but I think it isn’t as good as it used to be. As fan of the show however, I would like to see how it all ends and will tune in to the last season. As to who dies I have no idea. I guess we will have to wait and see.

20. Tyler says:

i think that the person thats dead is Sam as well. its been said that the man who attacked Brooke is returning so i’m guessing he gets out of jail and kills Sam.
    i agree that probably half the season is going to lead up to these 2 minutes.
    i hope they make the show happy in the end though because i miss how happy tree hill used to be!!!

21. Naomi says:

I think it’s Whitey. That’s the only while male that makes any sense, imo.

22. kimi2321 says:

I think it’s Nathan, and maybe they are going to spend the season going through flashbacks as to how he ended up dying.

23. Amy says:

Could the dead body not be Dan? Because if it is Nathan, I’m going to lose it.

24. heather says:

Maybe when Nathan is missing they have Hailey come in to ID a body that they think is him, but then it isn’t him or anyone else we know…..she could react that way because he isn’t dead also.

25. ahaynes says:

@TayMads – It’s “The Sun” by The Naked and Famous. :)

26. kristin says:

How much do you wanna bet that scene where the sheet is lifted and Haley has that reaction, is the very last scence of OTH and it ends there. Nathan goes missing, they find a body, Haley goes to identify, and it ends there! Boom! We never find out if it’s Nathan or not.!??!
    Oh, and can someone refresh my memory on who Sam is?? Is that the teenager that Brooke tried to adopt?

27. Melissa says:

I think that it is julian that is dead??? and who is getting punched ? that looks like julian a little…
    i need to know why clay and quinn are fighting and why brooke lashes out on her new diner?

28. Kimberly says:

OMG! I want to know who was on the table, julian??!!!! I can’t wait to see the LAST season ever, it’s gunna go out with a bang! :O

29. Merit says:

I‘ll be so pissed if its lucas

30. julie says:

why would it be sam? wouldn’t brooke be identifying the body if it was sam? i think its nathen. and it happens mid-season (nathen is only a part-time actor in this season) and lucas comes back to help haley during the difficult time. you see lucas going to hug jamie at his school, and also a quick image of nathen standing there with lucas (who looks like a ghost) looking at him. probably a scene right before nathen dies. just my thoughts!

31. Kaay says:

I think it’s Dan who dies. He killed his brother, everyone hates him. Haley I.d.s him because nathan is in Europe or doesn’t want to because he hates his dad. Haley is upset because Jamie lost his grandpa, someone that he loves spending time with and also because Nathan and Dan never made up and now they never will. This season is going to lead up to that moment.

32. Miffy says:

A ridiculous show for brain-dead morons who would be better off spending some more time watching that idiot Palin on Fox News.

33. Gena says:

Maybe Hayley’s just imagining the worse while Nathan is missing n no one is really dead.

34. Tina says:

I don’t think it’s Nathan. And the Reason Lucas comes back is because Nathan gets kidnapped. Killing Nathan off would be a really crappy way to end the show. It would probably make every fan upset. If this is the previous blind item then it could be dan. Because it says the person that dies does it as a hero. And it was also stated that there will be a wedding in the finale and that Nathan would be present for it. So I dunno.