Exclusive

Hot Video: J.J. Abrams Invites You to Alcatraz

The premiere of Fox’s Alcatraz is still two weeks away — Jan. 16, to be precise. But already, we are trying to unravel the series’ mysteries.

Today, our sleuthing has taken the form of checking out the show’s spanking new website and watching (and rewatching) this exclusive interview with executive producer J.J. Abrams. (Hey, you never know what you’ll hear by listening between the lines!)

Wanna take a turn yourself by clicking below, then sharing what you learned — or think you did — in the comments section? Have at it!

Loading video...
TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Scoop, Video

1. Amber says:

Can’t wait. Looks awesome. Welcome back, Hurley!

2. Jake says:

It looks great. It sounds like they’re trying very hard to convince the slack-jawed idiot types who watch CBS procedurals to give it a try too. Good luck with that.

3. Ben Linus says:

If you don’t know, Jorge and Bethany are doing an Alcatraz podcast called Diego’s Soul Patch. It’s going to be great!

4. Luke says:

I like JJ but not everything he touches is gold… this will not be back next season!!!

5. Wayne says:

I’ll watch any show that Hurley is in. He was awesome in Lost, you go with your bad stuff big boy, lol.

• Kimberly Hart Scarpete says:

Believe it or Not, I’m the Youngest person left that has ever Lived on Alcatraz, My Profile Pic is my grandparents holding me, in 1964, When the highlight of my little day, was everyday Lew Hurley and the KGO Copter would fly over the Island and drop the Morning Paper…My grandpa was a prison Guard for 22 years,My Dad Grew up on Alcatraz, then when the Island shut down in 1963 the Govt hired him the be the caretaker of the island, and my dad as a night watch man, so I spent the first 5 years of my life living on Alcatraz, Just grandparents my dad and mom and sis and me….Cool Huh…..True Story…

6. trackerem says:

looks like another “lost” feel! cannot wait for this! love, love the music!!

7. SamIAm says:

Hey, Luke, it would be great if you gave the show a chance before judging it based on promotional material. There is enough garbage on TV these days to warrant wishing for something new and interesting. Let’s not wish the show ill before it even airs. I, for one, have followed Abrams since Alias and love his work. It is true that not everything is as wonderful as LOST but even LOST had a couple of rocky seasons. In the end, if you get attached to the characters and the story and you’re left wanting more every week that will go a lot farther than the stupid reality shows the dumbed down the greater audience loves to watch these days! What I worry about most is that it WILL be a great show and like many other really good shows it will get canceled because the dumbed down audience has lost the ability to recognize good programming, good writing, good acting and good directing.

8. meggo says:

I’ll be watching! But I hope it doesnt take away chances for Terra Nova. It seems Fox is just waiting to see how Alcatraz does, to decide whether they’ll cancle terra nova or not. please dont hate me for liking terra nova?! lol.

9. Kimberly Hart Scarpete says:

\

10. kevin says:

J.J. rules and willing to take chances. Can’t wait for the two – hour series premiere on January 16th but I’ll watch more episodes to come On Demand when the season or series is over.