Secret Circle Boss Previews Cassie's Dark Side, Ethan's Awakening and Jake's Return

The Secret Circle returns tonight (The CW, 9/8c) after a fall finale full of cliffhangers. Foremost among them: Cassie found out about her dark past, while Jake left town… after finding out that the blonde isn’t the only child of Blackwell in the circle. What’s next? TVLine asks executive producer Andrew Miller exactly that.

Secret Circle Hot Shots: Faye Finds a Dangerous New Boy Toy in FNL‘s Grey Damon

SO ABOUT THAT OTHER BLACKWELL OFFSPRING…  | Miller is keeping mum as to the identity of the second Blackwell child, and we can’t blame him. But how about a hint, pretty please? “We are staying away from incest, so that can help limit some people,” he allows. We then ran two theories by him: 1.) It’s obviously bad girl Faye, and 2.) Faye’s too obvious, so it has to be Diana. “Those are both good choices,” he replies. “But there are also other good choices in the circle.” Hmm… like Melissa?

HOW BLACK WILL CASSIE’S MAGIC GET? | Cassie will experience the dark side big time in the next episode. “It’s so incredibly powerful,” teases Miller. “It’s just watching a character transform from a teen to an adult, and similarly the actress.” Might she decide that she prefers being naughty to being nice? “This black magic is a tricky thing, because it’s part of her, and it’s bad,” acknowledges Miller. “And yet, there is something about being bad that can feel extremely good. She is going to get a taste of that.”

The Secret Circle Hot Shots: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner!

WILL ETHAN GET SOMETHING TO DO? | You bet! Adam’s often drunk dad will find himself caught up in Charles and Dawn’s drama when it turns out the trio have quite the past together. “Those [old] dynamics will make their way into the present,” teases Miller. After “hiding from the past and himself for 16 years in a bottle of booze,” Miller hopes to see “[Ethan] climb out of the bottle and take responsibility for what he’s done and then get his strength back.” And when he does, Charles and Dawn had better watch out. “He’s going to become a formidable opponent for [both of them] in very different ways.”

ADAM’S GONNA GO FOR IT | With Diana pushing him away, and Jake out of town, “it’s a good time if [you're Adam and] you were going to make a move on Cassie,” says Miller. With the stars aligning in his favor, the hunk will have to ask himself, “If he and Cassie are destined in the stars, what does that mean? And can he really keep avoiding it?” Look for Adam to “make some choices” post-contemplation which may not necessarily match up with his history of loving Diana. “He will always be a good guy,” continues Miller, “but he has to start standing up for what he wants, and he is going to.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Secret Circle and More!

A LOVE TRIANGLE WITHIN THE CIRCLE? | The bad boy will reappear “soon,” and for a good reason, adds Miller. “There’s not many people in Chance Harbor who want to see him again. When he comes back, it will be because of his heart and because of the safety of the circle.” Having now fallen for Cassie, Jake will try to make amends with the blonde upon his return. “Who wouldn’t want to be on Cassie’s good side, especially now that she has dark magic?” muses Miller. “But I don’t know how successful he will be.”

Secret Circle fans, which storyline are you looking forward to most?

1. Smallville 4ever says:

I want Nick back! Bring him back! One of the things I loved most was Nick and Melissas’ relationship.

• Lauren says:

I totally agree! Nick and Melissa were my favourite part of the show and Nick was my favourite character. I stopped watching once he died, but I have been catching up again. I’m not enjoying it as much without him. I like Jake, but I want Nick back as well. I really don’t understand why they killed him off, please bring him back!

• Russ says:

Honestly I kinda tired of reading about people wanting Nick back, he’s not coming back. He was in five episodes, and was only the main focus for about 1 or 2 episodes plus he wasn’t that interesting. The Cassie having dark magic and the other Blackwell child is a lot more interesting and a better storyline.

2. Anon says:

REALLY looking forward to this second half of the season. With all the interviews about what is to come this new year, it sounds like it’s going to be a wild ride for viewers and the Circle! I’m especially looking forward to the 12th episode that will air in a couple of weeks, because we get our first look into the past and learn about what happened 16 years ago. I’m hooked on the show, and it keeps on getting better, and if it’s anything like TVD’s first season (which I might say it’s even better), I’m sure we can expect a pretty big finale at the end of all of this!

Can’t wait to see the new episode TONIGHT!

3. Lynda says:

I want to see Cassie with Adam – can’t wait to see them get closer :)

4. Trend It says:

Lets make sure to get “Secret Circle” and “Dark Cassie” trending Worldwide on twitter today! I know we can do it.

5. Amor says:

I’m freaking excited for this half of the season, thanks for the scoop!

6. Meh says:

I’m hoping for more Cassie/Jake. Cassie/Adam is boring and he looks bloated.

7. mare says:

From the beging I’m saying that Mel is the other Balcoin! :D she must be it, and this rough patch she is going(and acording to some spoiler will keep on going) will make her even more approchable to the dark side!
    Ethan is quite nice and I want him go on his bad side and show he isn’t a joke for Charles and Dawn! !
    Adam can go for it when they change the actor via spell possible!

8. Antoinette says:

In the books I think that Faye is cassies sister but who knows if it will stay true to the book!

• JJ says:

No, Faye is not Cassie’s sister in the books. The tv series has shown it’s not following the exact same storyline (i.e. death of nick).

I’m all for creating new ones, esp. if there is Fayana! Outside of Jake/Cassie, they have probably the best chemistry.

9. Emily says:

I love Cassie and Jake together! Way more chemistry than her and Adam. I also like Adam and Diana a lot; their love is very convincing.

10. sarah says:

I thought Diana would be Cassie’s sister but I like the idea of it possibly being Melissa
    Nick was my fave guy so I miss him
    I really like Adam’s dad. I know all the non teenage girls (like myself) that watch the show really like Gale Harold BUT I like Adam Harrington (Ethan)

11. Katy says:

Faye is NOT Cassie’s sister in the books! They are no relation. Faye and Diana are first cousins in teh books and at teh end it is revealed/hinted that Faye and Diana share one soul that is split between the two of them, as they were born at teh exact same time. This show does not hold a candle to the book and is no where near as good as tvd show.

12. Nikki H. says:

Yes! More Jake :) I’m glad that Chris Zylka has been promoted to a series regular, I think he added some spice to the show! I’m also glad that Ethan is going to come out of the rut he’s been in. I’m curious to find out more about his back story.

13. Alex says:

Sounds intriguing. But I agree with the person who stated their favorite part was Nick and Melissa’s relationship. I think that was the stupidest move for such a new show, to kill one of the main cast members. They had such electricity together and I think that’s the show’s biggest strength right now. The cast is (almost) pitch perfect. I hope the second part of the season really pumps up the volume, because it’s place after thrill-a-minute Vampire Diaries is really hurting Secret Circle. I can’t remember the last time I was bored with VD, but I’ve been quite bored with Secret Circle first crop of episodes. Again, the only reason I’m still around is that delectable group of actors!

14. Judit says:

I totally agree! A relationship between Jake and Cassie will be a great win for the show! The actors really know how to portray an obvious chemistry between them!

15. D says:

boo!

Cake is better. Cassie and Jake are such a better couple on screen. In the books, Adam and Cassie, without a doubt, were meant to be. But in the series, on screen… Adam just isn’t doing it for me, at all… Let’s have some more Cake action, please!

16. Nat says:

i love the story between adam and cassie, i dont get what every one is saying because it wouldnt of worked out between cassie and jake because of the difference and also jake betrayed them from the start but i would like to see some more between them, but in eipisode 10 she has a dream about killing him?

17. Anthony says:

I believe Adam could be a great character but they made a huge mistake casting Thomas Dekker. He’s great in his other projects but he is not doing Adam very well.

18. K says:

Not very interested in the Adam/ Cassie/ Jake triangle tbh. Faye/ Diana please.