USA Network Books Friday for In Plain Sight's Final Season and Fairly Legal's Sophomore Run

USA Network is bringing scripted programming back to its Friday slate, setting both the fifth and final season premiere of In Plain Sight and the sophomore opener of Fairly Legal for Friday, March 16.

Fairly Legal, which this season has added Aussie actor Ryan Johnson (Home and Away), sans accent, as a hustling, up-and-coming trial attorney who will present Kate (Sarah Shahi) with new conflict – and potential hot romance! — will unspool its 13 episodes at 9/8c, while In Plain Sight‘s eight-episode swan song, announced in August, will follow at 10/9c.

USA Network’s Psych Sets Its Midseason Premiere Date

Elaborating further on Johnson’s character, Ben Grogan, USA’s press release says, “Hired by managing partner Lauren Reed to save the firm on the verge of collapse, Ben’s presence adds fuel to Kate’s already at-odds relationship with her same-aged stepmother and puts pressure on her relationship with her soon-to-be-ex-husband, Justin Patrick. While Ben’s ambulance chasing ways represent everything Kate hates about lawyers, their sexual tension and chemistry is undeniable.”

Fairly Legal‘s Sarah Shahi on Rumored Season 2 Fixes: There Are Things We Could Do Better

In Plain Sight‘s farewell tour, meanwhile, promises to “keep viewers on the edge of their seats with heart-pounding storylines building to an unforgettable finale.  Can Mary balance motherhood with a demanding profession or will she put her baby up for adoption?   Will Marshall finally be truthful about his feelings for Mary, or can he make his relationship with Abigail (Rachel Boston) work?  What will come of Brandi and Peter?  After opening up her heart to only a few men in the past, will Mary ever fall in love again?  And the question that has haunted Mary her entire life — where is the father that abandoned her?”

Dang, that’s a lot of questions to answer in eight weeks.

Which of these two USA premieres are you most looking forward to?

1. Summer says:

Love IPS, can’t wait for Mary and Marshall to be on my TV screen again!

Never got in to Fairly Legal, and I went out of my way to check it out after seeing Michael Trucco in the promos ;) But I could never get past wishing someone would Gibbs-smack Kate out what seemed to be a sugar-induced manic phase.

• Marie says:

I so agree with everything you said about Fairly Legal, especially about Gibbs-smacking Kate! After watching 2 episodes, I gave up on it/her.

• marlie says:

Love IPS, sorry it’s the last season. I agree on Fairly Legal. I’m so tired of these “look at me, I’m so adorkable” characters – Fairly Legal, New Girl – that after 5 minutes, I’m out.

• Sarah Smith says:

OMG Adorkable is my new Favorite word! Seriously though Kate has her moments but it is still just a backup show when nothing else is on. ( Id watch NCIS reruns iv seen 1000 times first)
        In Plain Site deserves a better send off and this 8 episode BS final send off is an insult. A new company owns USA and I believe these already rich people get no royalties or whatever from the USA veteran shows. In Plain site has a steady fan base but one low enough they can get away with giving it a cheap rushed send off. I wish they would stop saying “see how it ends for Mary” It just annoys the crap out of me, Also Gibbs slaps should be applied to SO MANY characters. That would be so fun. Just drop Gibbs into random shows for that purpose.

2. Lola says:

Excited for ISP!!! SO sad it’s only getting 8 episodes in it’s final season. I’m also hoping M&M finally get together!

3. Marty says:

In plain sight, definitely! Did not realize this was going to be the final season

4. Sandy says:

I love IPS – why is it ending? It seems like every time I really like a show — get into the characters and all — it’s either cancelled or it ends. IPS was really exceptional. I will sadly miss it.

5. Michael says:

In Plain Sight’s a other great show detory by the two star hooking up

• EMM says:

When did Marshal and Mary “hook up”? As far as I can remember they have never kissed or anything, they are just partners.

• itts_mee says:

micheal u hatE on every post ur just likke a virus you can NEver get rid of and u always have ur facts wrong like when u said that ziva was a skaNK cuz she slept with all the men she laid her eyes on and that she shot kate i mean WTF where the hell u been living

6. Doris says:

I love Michael Trucco and will stop watching if Justin doesn’t get back together with her. And to think he could have been Robin Scherbatsky’s love interest on How I Met Your Mother. Seriously, I’m bummed about her getting a new love interest.

7. Bella says:

I love In Plain Sight and am sorry it is ending, but I’m glad USA gave them enough notice that the show runners can come up with a proper ending, whatever that may be. I like Marshall and Abigail’s relationship, and while I was rooting for a Marshall-Mary hook-up at one time, I don’t know how equal a relationship that would turn out to be. I do hope Brandi and Peter end up getting married, though. He was great for her and never wanted her to be more than she was – it was Brandi who put their pressure on herself. And she was so happy for a change. I’d like to see Mary happy like that at the end, whoever she ends up with or even if she ends up alone.

8. intelliwoman says:

IPS is one of the best dramas around for people who like character and plot driven shows and not violence driven drivel. It is well written, and well acted and I am sorry its ending this season

9. Todd says:

While I enjoyed IPS, it never really seemed to find its groove. I always thought they could have beefed up the supporting characters a bit more.

Fairly Legal was terrible. I tried watching the first two episodes but it was such a chore. I truly disliked the character of Kate. She was grating and quite annoying. She ruined the show for me.

10. socalgal says:

Loved the first seasons of IPS, but last season, as much I wanted to like it, I thought it was terrible. The charisma among characters was gone–they talked at each other instead of with each other. Hope the final season brings back the heart. Oh, my bet is that Mary’s dad is a protected witness himself.

11. Jenna V says:

we’re gonna get an answer about Mary’s dad?!? YES!!!! I am SO excited for the return of IPS. I wish it got 13 episodes as its final season, not 8, but i’ll take what i can get. As for Fairly Legal, they may have “revamped” it, but I still have no interest in watching it.

12. CosimaB says:

Luv FLegal and when I hear the words ” fix it” I know that means RUIN it. Always happens. Why can’t they ever leave a good show alone????? They “fixed Human Target” and now it’s gone. Can assume same result here. Sad.

13. s says:

That’s a lot to happen in just 8 weeks. I’m pretty sure that much doesn’t happen in my life in 8 weeks. This is so sad.

14. Justin says:

I’m sorry IPS is ending this season. I really like that show. I really like Fairly Legal, too. I’m usually not into legal dramas or dramedies, but this one has my attention big-time, like pretty much all of USA network’s shows.

15. Cass says:

So excited for IN PLAIN SIGHT!

16. Ashley says:

I’m looking forward to the return of “In Plain Sight” – although boo for it being its last season – but I won’t be watching “Fairly Legal” again. I watched all of the first season, but I could never get beyond the urge to shake some sense into Kate.

17. rachael says:

Yay!! I missed I have missed In plain sight a lot and i’m really glad it’s coming back soon. Can’t wait for the answers about mary’s dad but i’m sad its ending

18. Carol C says:

So excited about IPS even though it won’t air in Canada until the summer. Sad that this will be its last year. I loved the character Sarah Shahi played in “Life” but not her latest show – too smiley.

19. Nedme says:

IPS was best in seasons 2 & 3. Mary is a terrific character, but they reduced her to a pregnant crank last season. Marshall is fabulous – a subtle and fully realized personality. Brandi was much more interesting as a slut/petty criminal. Cleaning her up has been very boring. Probably time to wrap this one up anyway.

As for Fairly Legal – you gotta give it more than an episode or two. It’s not an obvious premise and Kate had to recognize where her support was before she could be more appealing. Too smiley? What a lame reason not to watch. The mysteries with her brother and with her father’s pal and the conflict with her boss/stepmother are great tv. I also liker her assistant. As for the exes who still sometimes sleep together – haven’t we seen this before? Adding another point for a love triangle may be just what that part needs.

20. Linda says:

excited to have IPS return, sorry it is last season. will be interesting to see how they bring it all together…..

21. Taj says:

I watched the whole season of FL with an open mind. I couldn’t stand it. Sarah Shahi can do so much better. So can Michael Trucco. I wish he had been able to stay on HIMYM, because then I could have been like “ha ha, Robin’s dating Anders!” But alas, it was not to be :'(
    Remember when Friday nights on USA were Monk nights? Me too <3

22. Lynn says:

USA is going to drive itself into the ground the way it handles it’s shows. Sure, they have good shows now and again, but they always seem to botch it when it comes to keep or throw. They keep crap and throw away good stuff. IPS I think was JUST starting to get fans and they cancelled it. I’ve already stopped watching USA and have already convinced almost everyone I know to agree with me. IPS was a great show. I think if the actors are still keen on doing it then they should have kept going whether they had to move to a new location or not. You could easily do that with a show like theirs. Anyway…babbling now. Good luck to all the people involved with IPS–you’re all a pretty amazing group of people.

23. Lorraine says:

I think that Marshal and Mary should get together… You can tell he loves her.. Please do not end this like so may show ending with a stupid ending…

24. Patricia Conta says:

I truly am sorry In PLain Sight isnt going to on after the next two episodes this story has to be one of USA’s best programs.we are said to lose such a show.commented by Patricia April 26,2012

25. Where can I find IPS now? It didn’t run on Global out here in Vancouver like the other seasons did. I kept searching for it thru the Shaw system to no avail, from about January 2012.