Exclusive

Exclusive: The Good Wife Cues Up Glee's Jonathan Groff for Guest Gig

The Good Wife is taking Jesse St. James to court!

Recurring Glee star Jonathan Groff has landed a guest stint on the CBS drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Groff will appear in this season’s 15th episode as Jimmy, a plaintiff suing a software company after his sister disappears during a peaceful protest in Syria.

The episode is slated to air in late January.

As previously reported, Groff is set to return to Glee later this season — this time as the coach of New Directions’ rival choir Vocal Adrenaline.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Kendal says:

This excites me greatly. Love me some Jon Groff and The Good Wife is amazing.

2. Jesse says:

I loved Jonathan Groff in Spring Awakening on Bway, but I had a hard time buying him on Glee (either as Rachel Berry’s boyfriend or as a credible villain). Here’s hoping The Good Wife uses him better.

3. Katie says:

Love, love, LOVE JG. Such a talented performer! Can’t wait for him to be on The Good Wife. Another great casting choice by that show!! Now if JG could only get his OWN TV show. That, would be super, super exciting. For now this and Glee will have to do….

4. Babygate says:

No!!!! I don’t like him at all. At least, not his character. I was hoping that he would stay away from Glee and now he’s doing Good Wife? Argh! At least its only one epi.

• Olivia says:

You realise he wont be playing Jesse in the Good Wife? The writing in Glee is terrible whereas the Good Wife is a show with talented writers and actors.

5. shizzy says:

Wow the good wife is grabbing hoards of famous guest stars. The show is getting better and better.

6. Amanda says:

Love Jonathan Groff! With him, Christine Baranski and Alan Cummings, Good Wife needs to do a musical episode!

• Deena says:

IF ONLY! I mean, there’s no way it would work but we could dream. Maybe that’s it–maybe Alicia has some odd dream & they are all singing in it…

7. Celita says:

Yay! I’m so happy for this!, the more Jonathan Groff in my TV the better.

8. Love it! Wasn’t a huge fan on Glee, but that was mostly because it seemed like they didn’t know what to do with him.

Agree with Amanda that they should do a musical episode. How amusing would that be?

9. CJ says:

Jonathan Groff may be wonderfully talented, and The Good Wife is certainly a terrific show, but I doubt there’s much point connecting it to Glee. The two shows couldn’t be more different (or have more mutually exclusive audiences). The two or three people who chime in to “prove me wrong” by insisting they watch and love both shows are probably the only overlap between the two.

• Deena says:

I’m not trying to prove you wrong but just want to point out that a lot of the older fans of Glee (and when I say older, I mean 30s and over) are also fans of The Good Wife, myself included. I knew of Jonathan Groff before Glee but did not realize how talented he was until I saw him on Glee. Now that I’ve seen him in other projects where he is not singing, I look forward to watching him in shows I love that are much different than Glee such as The Good Wife.

10. Eileen says:

Teal Wicks plays the sister.