The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

Get More: Lists, Premieres, TVLine-Ups

On TV this first Tuesday of ’12: NCIS stumbles upon a “missing” person of interest, the Switched girls continue to clash, Prison Break‘s Sucre dons a wig, the Bravermans hit the road and more. Here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | The investigation into the murder of a Navy commander leads the team to E.J. Barrett (guest star Sarah Jane Morris), who has been mysteriously “MIA” since the season opener. (Get an exclusive first look!)

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Season 1.5 premiere: Tensions are high between Daphne and Bay as they clash over Emmett (again). When Bay insists on seeing Angelo again, John asks Regina to chaperone their meeting. Kathryn schemes to try to win the lawsuit against the hospital. (Read preview here.)

8 pm The Biggest Loser (NBC) | Season 13 starts with a shocker: the arriving teams of two will not only be split up, but they will also be competing against the person they came with.

8 pm Last Man Standing (ABC) | Vanessa wonders if Mike is feeling tied down now that he spends more time at home; Kristin and Eve debate Mandy’s veganism.

8:30 pm Work It (ABC) | Series premiere/first free pass: Ben Koldyke (How I Met Your Mother) and Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break) play unemployed best buds — bosom buddies, you might say — who pose as women to land jobs. Among the gents’ new coworkers are Lost beauty Rebecca Mader, which is at least one reason to watch; there might be a spontaneous nosebleed!

Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres, Returns and Finales Calendar

9 pm Jane by Design (ABC Family) | Series premiere: Jane Quimby (played by Erica Dasher) is the assistant to a high-powered fashion exec (Andie McDowell) — all while trying to keep secret the fact she’s just a high school student. Nicholas Roux (Lemonade Mouth) is Jane’s bestie who helps her pull off the ruse. (When we spoke to Dasher/Roux, they likened it to “Ugly Betty meets The Devil Wears Prada.”)

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | When a researcher with the Department of Defense is found dead, Nell must put her high IQ to the test when she goes undercover as his replacement; Hetty’s ability to lead the team is questioned by the new NCIS Assistant Director (Miguel Ferrer).

9 pm Celebrity Wife Swap (ABC) | Time slot premiere: If Monday’s preview wasn’t enough, here you get to see Gary Busey’s better half switch places with the wife of Ted Haggard, the Evangelical pastor infamous for a 2006 sex scandal.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on a Parenthood Tearjerker, 90210 and More!

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | When Zeek forces the family into a road trip to please his mother (The Closer‘s Frances Sternhagen) on her birthday, Adam connects with Haddie, Sarah confronts an embarrassing issue with Drew, Julia learns to appreciate Crosby’s odd personality, and Kristina struggles to enforce a harsh punishment she gave to Max.

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | After a bride plummets to her death on her wedding day, everyone from the angry ex-boyfriend to her over-bearing father is a suspect. Brendan Hines (Lie to Me) guest-stars.

10 pm Unforgettable (CBS) | A construction worker with a promising future is murdered, causing Carrie and Al to wonder if his ties to the mob were the cause of his death or an unrelated coincidence.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? Also, hit the Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own.

Comments (31)

• I´m so happy Parenthood is back:)

Comment by Lana – January 3, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at birth…yay!!!!
    Parenthood!!!!! super!!!
    Body of Proof!!!! AMazing!!!

Comment by Z-H – January 3, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for NCIS!!

Comment by chase – January 3, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to NCIS, but really hope this is the last of EJ; that albatross needs to scram.

Comment by Saint Alicia – January 3, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Jane´s bestie gay?

Comment by Russel – January 3, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, in fact he’s secretly dating Jane’s high school nemesis, Lulu.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 3, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to give Jane By Design a chance tonight and then i’m watching my girl Dana Delany on Body Of Proof, and DVR Parenthood.

Comment by fernando – January 3, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s going to be a CBS night for me. Yeah for new episodes! I’ll watch Body of Proof on Hulu tomorrow.

Comment by Chatty – January 3, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Parks and Recreation even though it’s not on tonight. why? cuz I can! (and want to)

Comment by Linda – January 3, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a great birthday gift Brand New NCIS the return of EJ and possible the last season of Ziva

Comment by Michael – January 3, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stop spreading false rumors, it’s so pathetic. CdP renewed her contract for 2 years, that means Ziva is here to stay.

Comment by Gaara – January 3, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will have to catch Jane by Design later because I’ll be watching Michigan win the Sugar Bowl! I know, a contradiction of shows, I’m eclectic :)

Comment by Nicole – January 3, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll be watching the Hokies win the Sugar Bowl and probably DVR Jane by Design.

Comment by Liz – January 3, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane by Design

Comment by Brandy – January 3, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD is on my Tuesday night fix and tonight’s episode is one of the best in the series.

Comment by kevin – January 3, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All CBS for me tonight: NCIS, NCIS: LA, and Unforgettable.

Comment by Justin – January 3, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane by Design reminds me so much of the Christina Appelgate movie Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead. I’ll be on the lookout for Jane to revamp school uniforms in a fashion show in her backyard!

Comment by Erika – January 3, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Try to never miss NICS–It’s the best!!

Comment by Susan Boyog – January 3, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be a Breaking Bad night for me…rewatching from season 1 on nights nothing interests me.

Comment by jj – January 3, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s see, I have scheduled to record:
    What Not to Wear
    Jane by Design
    Chopped
    Tori & Dean
    Body of Proof
    Unforgettable

And…Neil Patrick Harris on The Price Is Right tomorrow.

Comment by Richard – January 3, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Body of Proof. I’m recording Parenthood.

Comment by Bella – January 3, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s pretty slim pickings for me tonight. I guess it will be a Netflix streaming night for me. Man, the reviews for Work It have been HORRIBLE.

Comment by Bad Breaker – January 3, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday’s wide-open for me until White Collar returns (counting the days!). I’ll either watch BBT repeats on TBS, something on DVD, or (gasp) read a book.

Comment by JP – January 3, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agreed. Can’t wait for Neal and Peter to get back. Tonight? Feels like a Law & Order on DVD night to me.

Comment by Emgee – January 3, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t agree with u more tere. Hopefully this whole safe house experience will show tony that Ziva is the one for him!

Comment by Lillian – January 3, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agreed …tony and ziva get toewther

Comment by estefania – January 3, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be the one person checking out Work It on my DVR. Don’t judge.

Comment by oDanielle H – January 3, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post