House Admits FNL Alum Michael B. Jordan

Get More: Casting News, News

Michael B. Jordan is checking into House.

The Friday Night Lights alum will guest-star in Episode 14 of the Fox medical drama’s eighth season playing a blind patient, TVLine has confirmed.

TVLine’s 2012 Forecast:10 Fearless Predictions About House, Grey’s and Other Shows

Jordan — who most recently completed an arc on NBC’s Parenthood as a reformed troubled teen — first revealed the news Tuesday via Twitter, stating, “on my way to @FOXBroadcasting…time to put in work #House.” The actor quickly retracted the tweet — presumably after a hand-slap from higher-ups — saying with a laugh, “Now I know never to tweet before the studio approves hahha.”

Comments (13)

• So sad he’s done with PARENTHOOD but I really like to see on whether Michael B. Jordan will be back reprising his role as Vince Howard in the movie version of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS.

Comment by kevin – January 3, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • waste of talent he should have been brought in as a new member of house’s team

Comment by ggny – January 3, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He has grown up so much since his days on All My Children. He has turned into a handsome young man. Since House is just a guest role he needs to find his way back to Parenthood.

Comment by Cooper – January 3, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was a scene on Parenthood where he was talking about how he didn’t have anyone, he was alone. I ended up crying. I was so bummed when his storyline on the show ended. House is lucky to have him.

Comment by Cathy – January 3, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HE NEEDS TO GET BACK ON PARENTHOOD AND BE A SERIES REGULAR!! I absolutely adored him on that show! I felt like his storyline ended so abruptly. They could’ve done more with his character… The people at Tvline need to tell Jason Katims to get him back on Parenthood!

Comment by Fan – January 4, 2012 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah I was excited when I thought it was the Michael Jordan guest starring. It’d be hilarious if House treated an actual celebrity playing him or herself

Comment by Renato – January 3, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO SPOILERS in your headings please!!

Comment by Grace – January 4, 2012 02:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What kind of spoiler is that? I’m not jumping of joy…but I’m sure he will deliver a good performance like any others who guest star…
    Seriously,when will learn/or confirm that Donald Sutherland or Alan Alda,or even (my dream choice) Clint Eastwood been cast to play House’s real father, Now that’s a GIANT spoiler that will make me jumping up/down of craziness….

Comment by Jules – January 4, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love MBJ!!!! I stopped watching House after season 4, but I will tune in just to see MBJ!! From AMC to now he has really grown as an actor and I love him!! Would love to see him back on Parenthood again!

Comment by Lola – January 4, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor guy, he is an amazing actor but House season 8 stinks.

Comment by Morciel – January 4, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s just different, House is a buffoon now, it’s a sitcom but there are ppl who enjoy it, but not me :-(

Comment by JT – January 4, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael B Jordan is one of those actors that puts in good work where ever he goes but he needs to be on a show and stay there. It’s always the good ones that don’t get the work they deserve. I really liked him on “Parenthood”. His best acting yet. It was so sad to see him go. The episode with him saying goodbye to Monica Potter was so touching. I wish him the best in his career because he has truly crafted his gift.

Comment by Kevin – January 8, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think of him as Wallace from The Wire. I will watch anything he is in, for that reason!

Comment by Stringer Bell – January 22, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post