Grey's Anatomy First Look Videos: Meredith Plays in Traffic, Widowed Teddy Thanks Cristina (?!)

How long is the surgery that Grey’s Anatomy‘s Dr. Teddy Altman is performing? Because we’re now going on seven weeks since Henry died, and still no one has told her?!

OK, technically, it’s only been that long since the ABC drama aired its fall finale, and when Season 8 resumes this Thursday at 9/8c, Teddy will still be in the O.R., oblivious to her husband’s tragic fate.

In the first of these three preview clips below, Owen flags down his already distraught wife, telling her that Teddy has requested her able hands to help finish up said surgery. Cristina, of course, already feels awful about losing Henry (albeit unwittingly) on her own table, so imagine the gut-punch she gets when Teddy says what she does in Clip No. 2.

TVLine’s 2012 Forecast: 10 Fearless predictions for Grey’s Anatomy, Glee and Other Shows

The third clip, meanwhile, follows Meredith, Alex and the aftermath of the SUV-ambulance collision. Though things looked grim for the oncoming vehicle’s passengers in the last episode, it turns out there are some survivors. But to save them, Mer finds herself chasing cars, fittingly. (Cue Snow Patrol!) Let’s hope the one barreling toward her has good brakes.

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Kiki says:

So totally contrived. Shonda made a mistake killing Henry. He really was the only thing that made Teddy interesting or bearable. Not to mention how cute Scott Foley is.

• Lucia says:

As much as I liked Scott Foley, I knew from the first day Henry showed up that he was going to die. He was a patient with a chronic disease and he was only a guest star. That spells doom in Shondaland. Don’t cry for Scott Foley. He will be in True Blood, as well as he already sold a script to CBS for a new series he and Rina Mimoun are developing.

• Ari says:

I’ve been calling Henry, Denny 2.0. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Henry, I think he made Teddy way way more interesting. Let’s get real though. He was going to die. I mean come on, Teddy was one L-Vad(LVAT?) wire away from being Izzie 5 years ago and Henry is so obviously a Denny duplicate. Patient with a heart of gold (and chronis illness), marries a doctor only to be die. Doctor falls apart, blah blah.

• Sarah says:

Totally agree with you that Henry was the only thing that made Teddy even remotely bearable.

• amberjj says:

while i agree with you that henry made teddy a whole lot more interesting, you must have been in denial if you thought henry would live. the guy had a terminal illness and this is greys anatomy…the show thrives off this kind of drama. Once Scott Foley got the gig on True Blood, i knew his days were numbered.

• Kiki says:

Don’t get me wrong, I knew Henry was a gonner from day one. I just think Shonda doesn’t always realize when she’s got something good. Seeing that she seemed to regret killing Denny, wouldn’t it be novel to actually let Henry live and see how that kind of story could play out. If she thinks it’s going to finally get people to like Teddy she’s mistaken. And dragging out the “who’s going to tell Teddy” storyline is just ridiculous.

• Amanda says:

Again, Scott Foley got another job. He has a major recurring role on True Blood now. HE CHOSE TO LEAVE. What else was she going to do?

• Amanda says:

Scott Foley got another job. He chose to leave Grey’s. What else were they going to do? I think this is way better then having him leave and break her heart.

• wildbynature says:

Teddy’s always been annoying – with or without Henry. I enjoyed the character, but his death? So twisted, and in a completely fascinating way to watch what with how others are affected. Great job, Shonda! :]

• Woottrain says:

Anyone else notice that Teddy’s first role as a young actress was in Silence of the Lamb’s as the Senator’s abducted daughter. Check out how much weight she lost between then and now it is unbelievable. Anyway I thought it was just freaky. Love Grey’s Anatomy Alex has always been the best and most interesting Character.

• Lindsay says:

That wasn’t Teddy’s first role. The lesbian doctor who played Callie’s first lover was the actress from ‘Silence of the Lambs.’

2. jordan202 says:

omg poor teddy… i can’t wait to see how this is going to end

3. Amy says:

Awwww..Thank you Mattt. Love it when new GA sneak peeks come up. I’m looking forward to Grey’s starting up again!

4. Cinders says:

Finally, some Greys sneak peeks. Thanks for posting. It looks to be an intense episode.

5. Hannah says:

Oh, screw you Owen. I can’t believe he’s manipulating Cristina like that.

6. Brock says:

Poor Cristina. After the abortion, there is really not going to be any down-time in her marriage is there? I like Teddy and LOVE Kim Raver, this is going to be devastating for her. I think people only hate her as she turned up and was in love with Owen, then seemingly kept Mark & Lexie apart. She’s so much more than that!

• cj says:

I totally agree with you Teddy is an awesome character! Too bad she came in as a threat to the Owen Cristina thingy. Come to think of it she’s the best mentor on GA history!

• fran says:

I totally agree with you to! Teddy is pure awesomeness, and I think people hate her just because the love triangle… and because she is so skinny… BUT in Kim Raver defense, I think that she has so many thing to do that she doesn’t have time to eat or sleep, i mean, have you seen the bags under her eyes… maybe i’m crazy but people should be more open to getting to know kim character a little more beyond the cristina and owen story line… just saying

7. Annwyn says:

Can’t wait to see this! Wonder if that is Derek coming to the rescue :)

8. Lala says:

I can’t see them on my iPhone :'(

9. Hanna says:

Poor poor Christina, I just wanted to hug her when she was standing in front of teddy in the OR.

Can´t wait for this episode though!! :D

10. Hanna says:

And THANK YOU TVLINE!!! For putting up videos available outisde US! :D

11. JJ says:

Ughhh Owen… I never liked him.

12. Alia says:

I’m tired of all the Teddy and Calzona drama. I want more MerDer, a biological baby for them, more Derek, Meredith back to neurosurgery and more Alex, and more Cristina but not Drama!Queen Cristina but hardcore Cristina, even some Derek and Mark friendship and Mark back with Lexie. I don’t care about Teddy, April or Jackson, let’s back to the true Greys’s Anatomy Shonda!!!!.

• flysafely says:

I am so with you, Alia!!

• Jessica says:

Where was there any Calzona? I didn’t see any in the clips. And I agree that the focus should be back on the originals, but you seem to forget that Callie has been around since season 2, so she’s more of an ‘original’ than Mark or Lexie

And a ‘biological’ baby? Why not Zola?

• Chloe says:

Amen to that! Why hate on Calzona for no reason at all? Apparently they don’t have to been in the scene or even talked about in the scene for people to irrationally complain about them. It’s really silly.

And I do hope the adoption still goes through.

• wildbynature says:

You sound like a whiny child. “And I want THIS, but only if it’s THIS WAY…! Oh and I don’t want OTHER couples to have that, no, JUST THEM!” My god. Considering all that your OTP has gotten, stop being so selfish; god forbid anyone else get any attention.

13. danielle says:

sandra oh is amazing. nuff said.

14. Sara says:

You’re so right!

15. kate says:

I love Kim Raver. Watched her from 3rd Watch, 24 and Lipstick Jungle. stoked to see this episode! This will be gut wrenching!!!!

16. Babygate says:

I wish Henry had survived, still, I love Kim Raver and how she portrays Teddy. I think she’s the best mentor Cristina has ever had and she’s funny and can rock any scene she’s given. That being said, I think its a travesty that Sandra Oh and Ellen Pompeo have not been awarded an Emmy. Even though I don’t particularly care too much about Meredith, still, EP is phenomenal and SO is just outstanding. I do miss Calzona and Slexie, they are my faves. We need more of them. The show looks too dated with the overemphasis on the same characters.

17. Anna says:

Henry :((((((((( i loved him and Scott Foley was so adorable. At first i didnt really care for Teddy because of the whole Christina Owen love triangle thing but now thats over i really love her character. I can’t wait to see what Kim Raver does with this.
    P.S. Sandra Oh is amazing. Are you listening emmy voters?

18. Jess N says:

I wish that the drama on this show was a little more like ER, focusing on a little bit of everyone, but not a whole season of just one story.

19. Emma says:

Screw you Owen. You should have died instead of Henry.

20. Amanda says:

Looks intense. I imagine at the end of the day Meredith and friends will be hitting Joe’s.

21. Julia says:

Am I the only one who can’t stand Grey’s Anatomy anymore?

• widespreadpanic says:

No, you’re not the only one. It started working on my nerves Season 4, now I barely tolerate it. Usually I put it on for background noise only these days.

22. Jenni says:

Sandra Oh is so awesome, and so is Kevin McKidd. I wish they hadn’t gotten stuck with this crappy miserable story line that everyone hates. Too bad Shonda can’t recognize magic when she’s got it. And it would be nice if they let Teddy make more friends and relationships so that the center of her existence doesn’t focus on being related to Cristina and Owen’s relationship. Might be nice to actually see just one happy, respectful, and functioning marriage on this show, too.

• wildbynature says:

Are we watching the same show? Calzona is one such example of a happy, respectful, and functioning marriage.