Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Gossip Girl, Castle, Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Revenge and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: You promised me, Ausiello! Explode my Dair-loving heart, sir. —Elle
Ausiello: OK, just keep the EKG paddles handy! Dan is about to reveal his true feelings for Blair on Gossip Girlbut not in a way that actually lets her know that he has done so! Here’s how the whole thing goes down: Blair’s still on the fence about whether to take the plunge with Louis when she stumbles upon the incredibly heartfelt vows he penned for their wedding… vows which, in hopes of wowing his bride-to-be, he had (drumroll please… ) Dan ghostwrite. So although Dan finally fesses up, Blair doesn’t realize he has! Then again, this being Gossip Girl, his — and Louis’ — secret is bound to come out at some point, wouldn’t you think?

Question: How about we start the year right with some Castle spoilers? Got anything on the show’s upcoming “noir” episode? —Ivy
Ausiello: I can confirm that the episode features a kiss. I can’t, however, confirm the circumstances surrounding said smooch. Not yet, anyway.

Grey’s Anatomy First Look Video: Mer Plays in Traffic and Teddy Thanks [Spoiler]?!

Question: Any chance your latest Blind Item pertains to CSI‘s Nick Stokes? –Jack
Ausiello: Nah.

Question: I’ve got Revenge on the brain! Anything good coming up? —Carol
Ausiello: The Takedown of the Week is returning with a vengeance! Exec producer Mike Kelley reveals that the Jan. 11 episode will find Emily zeroing in on a fresh target. “We decided to do a pretty elaborate takedown… and we found a really strong way to introduce a villain we quite like,” teases the showrunner, referring to the pretentious journalist character played by Desperate Housewives‘ Roger Bart. “Emily ends up using what she knows of Amanda from juvie to help her in her quest to destroy [him]. This takedown just so happens to open up a whole new vein of intrigue and surprise and possibility that will have a great impact on Emily’s quest. It paints villains in a softer light and makes people you like seem a little darker.”

Question: I want some Vampire Diaries scoop! –Philip
Ausiello: Things get very heated between Damon, Stefan and Elena when the series returns on Thursday. Look for all three to have dramatic confrontations with each other — and one of the showdowns even ends with a slap. Elsewhere, keep a close eye on Alaric’s new love interest, Dr. Fell (played by Paul Wesley’s real-life wife/Tree Hill alum Torrey DeVitto). Something tells us this is one character that’s going to be a lot more important than first thought.

Question: Please tell me there’s some Caroline and Stefan scenes coming up on Vampire Diaries! I really miss their friendship! —Amy
Ausiello: Sadly, there’s nothing in this Thursday’s episode. Stefan’s a bit preoccupied with hiding coffins from Klaus. But I have to imagine he’ll find some time in his hectic schedule to wish Caroline a happy birthday next week.

Hot Fringe Video: “Not Everything Is As It Seems”

Question: Scoop on Vampire Diaries’ Bonnie, please! Any details about the reunion with her mother? —Alta
Ausiello: It’s not going to be “all Hallmark cards and cookies,” warns executive producer Julie Plec. “There’s a lot of tension there. There’s [also a] surprising explanation about why [her] mother felt like she needed to walk away and never come back to Mystic Falls.” Plec adds that Bonnie’s backstory will “play an interesting role in solving a present-day mythology puzzle.”

Question: Joseph Morgan recently mentioned that he’d like to see Klaus have a love interest on Vampire Diaries. Is this happening anytime soon? —Amy
Ausiello: Morgan is getting his wish! While Plec wouldn’t tell us if the lucky (or maybe not so lucky?) lady is someone we’ve met before, she did confirm “someone will catch Klaus’ eye very soon.” Hit the comments with your best guesses!

Question: What’s going on with Game of Thrones? Any big surprises coming in Season 2? —Melinda
Ausiello: There is what I would call a doozy of a surprise in the premiere, but the less said about that the better.

Question: I’ve been weeping ever since news broke that Ringer‘s return has been pushed back an additional three weeks. Perhaps a little scoop to dry my tears? —Jamie
Ausiello: I take back all of the mean things I said about Ringer‘s presumably hackneyed girl-who-cried-rape plot between Juliet and Jason Dohring’s snooze-inducing Mr. Carpenter. I now know where it’s going and it’s actually pretty inspired (if a wee bit contrived).

Question: I have been anxiously awaiting word on which of my new favorite shows are going to make it and which will be axed! When is your Renewal Scorecard going to debut? —Lindsey
Ausiello: It went live this morning, Linds. Someone was supposed to send you a memo. Apologies.

Revenge Hot Shots: Gay Kiss Twist!

Question: Any idea how Glee is going to explain Blaine’s absence while Darren Criss is away on Broadway? Is he going to miss any episodes or are they trying to shoot around his schedule? —Sam
Ausiello: Believe it or not he’ll only be sitting out one episode, so it’s unlikely any explanation will be needed. Speaking of which, look what I snapped on my way to work this morning!

Question: Anything on the second half of Glee‘s season? — Jodi
Ausiello: Based on the fact that the show is casting a bunch of middle-aged night school students, something tells me one of the kids is about to start matriculating after hours.

Question: I am dying for Downton Abbey spoilers to get me through this last week! I’ll take anything you can give me! —Lisa
Ausiello: I’ve screened almost all of the near-perfect second season (premiering Sunday on PBS) and I can tell you that a major couple will tie the knot, two recurring (yet pivotal) characters will be laid to rest, and a Downton staffer will be arrested for murder — and that’s all just in the penultimate episode!

Question: Regarding your latest Blind Item, can you rule out Derek from Grey’s Anatomy? —Sofia
Ausiello: Sure can!

Question: Any scoop on White Collar?! —Meg
Ausiello: Neal and Peter’s trust issues won’t be the only thing standing in the way of their partnership when the show returns on Jan. 17. Neal will get some news that could mean big changes for their working relationship — and soon!

2012 Forecast: Fearless Predictions About Grey’s Anatomy, Glee, GH, American Idol and More!

Question: It would make my new year if you could wrangle some spoilers for Grimm! I’d really like to know if we will meet any other Grimms this season or get any more backstory on Nick’s family. —Kiki
Ausiello: Yes, we’ll be learning a lot more about Nick’s family — about his parents as well as some new details about Aunt Marie’s (Kate Burton) past. As for meeting any future Grimms like Nick, my source would only offer a noncommittal “maybe.”

Question: Suburgatory‘s George is hot. Will he and Dallas ever get together? —Sabrina
Ausiello: Things are light on the George and Dallas front in this week’s episode, not that there isn’t romance brewing in the ‘burbs. After Tessa gets her driver’s license, Dalia hires her to drive her to a date with an old crush (Prom’s Thomas McDonell), but the hottie is more interested in Tessa the chauffeur. Game on!

Question: Any new scoops on The Good Wife? —Abz
Ausiello: Expect the very unexpected during Will’s grand jury trial for judicial bribery, the fallout from which will dramatically alter the status quo for the remainder of the season. Oh, and if you think you hate Monica Raymund’s Dana now, just you wait.

Question: Hey, guess what?  I totally saw you in an old episode of Veronica Mars. I can’t believe that I didn’t notice it before. I was wondering if you have any scoop on Kristen Bell’s new show House of Lies, I saw the premiere and it looks promising. —Jack
Ausiello: Around the midseason mark, Bell’s Jeannie will start dipping her pen in company ink in a big way.

Question: Everyone on The Big Bang Theory has had some romance, except Raj! Any chance he’ll be getting a love interest? —Sarah
Ausiello: Well, kinda. In an upcoming episode, a knockout named Siri starts whispering sweet nothings in his ear. Trouble is, we — and Raj — will only see Siri in a fantasy sequence: She’s the voice of his iPhone!

Glee First Look: [Spoiler] Pops the Question!

Question: I just watched Spartacus’ new trailer and I have to ask: Is someone pregnant? —Mariana
Ausiello: No comment.

Question: Got any Blue Bloods scoop? —Beth
Ausiello: The show will be channeling some past CBS procedurals when Danny and Jackie investigate a murder in which the daughter of the victim says that God told her that her stepfather is the killer.

Question: There has been a major shortage of Fringe scoop recently. Give me anything you have! —Emma
Ausiello: The show is getting ready to introduce one of its Biggest Bads yet. The “terrifying” character — who it’s worth noting will be covered in prosthetics — is doing unfathomable things to “serve his own bent logic.” The role is currently being cast.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Happy Holidays! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Meg Masters)

1. Amber says:

I can’t believe people have the audacity to call Dan pathetic… Yes as a Dair fan I believe he should let Blair know how he feels, but something that Chair fans can’t seem to comprehend apparently is the meaning of selfless love since they’re so use to their selfish love. Dan has shown time in time how much he cares about Blair, even in moments when Blair has been less than grateful towards him without expecting anything in return. I also have to state that I find it completely laughable how Chuck was fixed in like 3 episodes. It was more than obvious that this character had issues that should of been addressed since season 1 yet they went on for almost five seasons now. I know this is a fictional show, but your seriously going to tell me that all the bad stuff Chuck did gets erased with a couple of therapeutic consultations -___- REALLY!!?? I guess only time will tell whether Gossip Girl writers are more concerned with the “quantity” rather than the quality of the show.

2. shizzy says:

I really don’t understand why you guys think Dan is pathetic. This is how real love works. Most people don’t have the guts to confess their feelings to whom they love, especially when that person is getting married to a prince, and someone like Chuck is already one step ahead of you. There is a reason Gossip girl calls Dan an “outsider” because he is not like THEM Upper East Siders– conniving, mean and absolutely selfish. He is normal, like most people who watch the show. He is selfless, decent and composed about his feelings for Blair, and he wants her to be happy.

3. Angelica says:

Bravo GossipGirl Team. You are continuing to achieve so much attention from the Chair and Dair camps who continue their passionate rants about who Blair should be with more. It’s pretty annoying to read but it’s good for the show overall to get so much fan attention so well done!

4. Lola says:

Ausiello when will you decide to give me some spoiler between Chuck and Blair? I know you are a Dair shipper but come on …GIVE ME SOME CHAIR! ^^

5. Mary says:

Ok I’ll kill you Ausiello! I’ll kill you! You had build my excitement for that DAIR SCOOP sooooooooooooo much that I was expecting something HUGE! I had created scenarios in my head with the best one to be: Blair is about to leave the country(there are some rumors about a JFK Dair scene) and Dan follows her. And there they share the most fantastic kiss GG has ever seen! And I say “fantastic” because it would be the most emotional!!! But I’m not ungrateful, that too was a GREAT spoiler, but still Dan does something WONDERFUL and Blair has no idea!! I wanted it this time to be more REAL! But yes, I know at some point she’ll know, but when on earth will that point come??? GG don’t phunk with my heart!!!

6. Alwaysdair says:

The writers are actually keeping me intrigued because they are doing something with the relationship of Dair. It is funny how people call Dan pathetic but if it was Chuck.. God forbid !

I am sorry in the real world nobody would want Chuck. If he did half of those things to me the most I would be his friend ..maybe. The fans only cheer for Chair cause Chuck is the bad boy and Ed is handsome.. Other than that what do you have? Chair are boring and they do not compliment each other anymore. Let’s move on and I believe GG wants Dair.. Those are true opposites and if this was a movie we All know that Dan would be the winner.

7. Alwaysdair says:

I agree! Dan is what true love is about. Him and Blair are perfect and I have this feeling that Chuck is going to push them together. He is not even stopping the wedding.

8. Sara says:

Haha so true! Honestly I stopped watching the show. I can’t see how she could want to be with Damon when all he is going to be is a rebound.. Stefan and Damon need to find different women. Idk personally Elena being mad at Stefan won’t make sense after she finds out the truth of him and we all know she will feel guilty if she hooks up with Damon. In the end it will prolly be SE but man I wish the brothers leave town with different women.

Maybe klaus will like Bonne now that would be awesome.

I would like Elijah and Elena personally.

9. pc says:

eh, to be honest I’m all for this whole dair thing. chuck and blair pretty much lost their sparkle for me when he compared her to a horse, sold her to his rapist uncle, and tried to attack her. Dair seems cute though, and this spoiler is all kinds of awesome so I might jump onboard.

10. amy says:

Louis has NEVER had problems to express his feeling before, why the hell is he asking Dan, of all people, to write his feaking vows? It’s so contrived it hurts.

11. lalala says:

You Ausiello, are hilarious. You are living in your own perfect world where Chuck and particulary Serena doesn’t exist. Cute. lol

12. GGFan says:

Don’t forget about Serena, guys. I’m starting to think Derena is endgame.

13. Alina says:

I am fed up with this Dan loving Blair thing on Gossip Girl.. it truely bored me.. GG put everything and everyone aside for this Dan Blair crap..Can’t he just tell Blair his damn feelings so we can all get rid of this ridiculousness..Dan is tiresome and like a spoiled child, he wants all the girls around him to himself.. Someone (hopefull Blair) should teach this lame ass a life lesson and tell him he can’t have all the girls he wants. This show became unrealistic and totally BS.

14. Meg says:

Thanks for the White Collar scoop!!

15. bhm1304 says:

So, did Spartacus knock up Ilithyia? January 27 cannot get here soon enough.

16. T says:

17. T says:

Errrr….to all those comments abouts about dan not being a man, being a complete loser, whimp coz he can’t tell Blair his true feelings and how he’ll never be as good as chuck ……. Do u guys remember watching the first two seasons???? I believe it took him that long to tell her too.

18. Kat says:

No scoop on Finnchel, Supernatural or Hart of Dixie – BOO! This weeks column was a bust!

19. Melanie says:

PLEASE tell me your blind item isn’t Dr. House!!! That would just suck!!!!!! :(

20. 543 says:

So Chuck is man because he abuses Blair ! But Dan is pathetic since he loves her and want her to be happy ?? I quit !!

• Kendallf says:

You dair fans like to say bad things about chuck and the horrible things he done. Oh yea chuck doesn’t want her to be happy. That’s why he told her he wanted her to be happy in episode 3×01. That’s why he voted for Blair 150 times at the prom and smiled when he saw how happy she was when she got to be queen. That’s why he wanted Blair to be with louis so she can be happy even if its not with him.that’s why chuck got so happy in 1×10 when Nate said Blair seems happy . I guess it’s because he doesn’t want her to be happy(sarcasm).

Also Dan is not in love with Blair he is just crushing on her.

21. Leticia says:

Damn, poor Raj. Forever Alone.

22. Aidan says:

My biggest problem with season 3 is how they COMPLETELY DROPPED Caroline and Stefan’s friendship. Yeah im well aware he’s all evil now but THEY WERE FRIENDS LAST SEASON and now Caroline doesnt even care? has no opinions BESIDES episode 1 of season where shes all “you’re letting your life pass you by” to elena pretty much saying just get over stefan, cause she clearly had. There’s so much they could have done with that storyline but didnt. Its not ALL ABOUT TEH ROMANCES. The friendships are some of the most intruiguing storylines. CAROLINE AND STEFAN’S frienship better get back on track on her damn birthday.

23. GM says:

I am really looking forward to Downton Abby returning, I loved S1. Thanks to PBS for bringing us the type of drama that the British do so well. Also when is Sherlock coming back to our TV, I hear the S2 opener was amazingly great.

24. Benjamin Carr says:

I’m still hoping that FRINGE addresses that line Olivia gave a while back in the parallel universe/animated scene, where she looks at this creepy cartoon dude and says later, “I think that’s the man who’s going to kill me.”

25. bbking says:

what makes me laugh is the DAIR shippers that think that if Blair gets with Dan she will be a better person\different. she is a aggressive person ie : bandashing jenny etc. when she needs or what something she will step on people to get it. dan is a soft man. blair will eat him alive. one more thing the people that still talk about the IP OR HITTING blair .please let go….. CHAIR

26. BBKING says:

please rewatch season 3 of gossip girl because chuck did not whore out blair. she went to sleep with jack for chucks hotel. she had a contract for jack to sign and was never probably would have never told chuck. now chuck knew that blair was going to do it because basically there minds work the same. he let her go there. that was there mutual mistake not telling each other…

27. Maddie says:

I love Chair AND Dair.

Dan is pathetic? WHATEVER Chuck tried to rape Serena AND jenny and sold Blair. He tried to punch Blair. Or did we forget about that?

I still think he can redime himself. But that’s only season 6.

Dan – well I think after pairing every other character this only might actually be interesting since they are EQUALS.

serena and nate? PLEASE LEAVE you’re useless.

having said that enough with the arguments, GOD I’m so sick of having to read about GG.

28. Jake says:

Seriously 4 separate postings for TVD…Enough with this lame ass emo show…UGH…Not sure what people see in this except another teen soap opera about over done vampires. Ausiello, I have followed you forever, but your column as become very biased lately, you only seem to post about shows you have a personal interest in…

29. ... says:

Dair is probably the best thing to ever happen on this show, it’s literally the only reason i watch it. Dair is going to happen whether you like it or not. Why do you thing the wedding episode is called “G.G”… it was named after the movie “Gigi”. Which was about a platonic relationship that turned into something more… “DAN AND BLAIR”. If you think they’re pathetic, ok, you’re entitled to your own opinion, but most of us think that Dan and Blair are possibly the most entertaining and most intellectual couple to have ever been on the show. I know they’re are a lot of Chair fans but you’ll eventally see that chuck and blair do not belong with eachother. I Love chuck but i think he should be wiith someone else and actually be happy for once.

30. G says:

That Blair/Dan kiss photo makes me ill……..it’s like a brother and sister kissing!! Gahh!!! WHY AUSSI? WHY??!! LOL These two have zero romantic chemistry. Period. Love the friendship; hate the forced romance. And I like Dan! Just not with Blair.

31. Casey says:

Come on you guys it’s obvious Blair’s going to end up with Chuck. Gossip Girl
    ends after season 6, and Chuck still loves her after all these seasons. Dan has just
    realized he had feelings for her a season ago, so you tell me. Plus Chuck has changed,
    and he even admits that he can’t imagine a day that he won’t love her…

32. Eilis says:

Klaus LOVE interest.

Straight out I cannot see Bonnie or Caroline.
    Bonnie has a hard time accepting vampires at all, and definitely HATES Klaus because of what he did to Elena and Jenna and the mess he’s made to her town. Elena is her best friend, she wouldn’t hurt her. And I believe Bonnie is getting a love interest. I do think Bonnie will do something to the Originals though, to hijack Klaus’ plans.

Caroline, again, Elena is one of her best friends and she wouldn’t do that to her. Also because of what he did to Jenna. Klaus changed her boyfriend into a hybrid and ruined their almost perfect relationship. I actually hope Tyler gets back in her good books, they were a good couple.

Elena. Strangely, weirdly enough I see something. It would make interesting story lines if Klaus fell for her, because she’s the key to the hybrids. She’s not weak , fiesty and not afraid to voice her opinion. Klaus doesn’t like weaklings. And I definitely see chemistry, WEIRDLY enough :S! So I think it could be Miss Elena.

33. Anthony says:

Why are the comments always about Dair or Chair? Ugh. Anyway! I am super excited for Diaries, Revenge, and so many others!