Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Gossip Girl, Castle, Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Revenge and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: You promised me, Ausiello! Explode my Dair-loving heart, sir. —Elle
Ausiello: OK, just keep the EKG paddles handy! Dan is about to reveal his true feelings for Blair on Gossip Girlbut not in a way that actually lets her know that he has done so! Here’s how the whole thing goes down: Blair’s still on the fence about whether to take the plunge with Louis when she stumbles upon the incredibly heartfelt vows he penned for their wedding… vows which, in hopes of wowing his bride-to-be, he had (drumroll please… ) Dan ghostwrite. So although Dan finally fesses up, Blair doesn’t realize he has! Then again, this being Gossip Girl, his — and Louis’ — secret is bound to come out at some point, wouldn’t you think?

Question: How about we start the year right with some Castle spoilers? Got anything on the show’s upcoming “noir” episode? —Ivy
Ausiello: I can confirm that the episode features a kiss. I can’t, however, confirm the circumstances surrounding said smooch. Not yet, anyway.

Grey’s Anatomy First Look Video: Mer Plays in Traffic and Teddy Thanks [Spoiler]?!

Question: Any chance your latest Blind Item pertains to CSI‘s Nick Stokes? –Jack
Ausiello: Nah.

Question: I’ve got Revenge on the brain! Anything good coming up? —Carol
Ausiello: The Takedown of the Week is returning with a vengeance! Exec producer Mike Kelley reveals that the Jan. 11 episode will find Emily zeroing in on a fresh target. “We decided to do a pretty elaborate takedown… and we found a really strong way to introduce a villain we quite like,” teases the showrunner, referring to the pretentious journalist character played by Desperate Housewives‘ Roger Bart. “Emily ends up using what she knows of Amanda from juvie to help her in her quest to destroy [him]. This takedown just so happens to open up a whole new vein of intrigue and surprise and possibility that will have a great impact on Emily’s quest. It paints villains in a softer light and makes people you like seem a little darker.”

Question: I want some Vampire Diaries scoop! –Philip
Ausiello: Things get very heated between Damon, Stefan and Elena when the series returns on Thursday. Look for all three to have dramatic confrontations with each other — and one of the showdowns even ends with a slap. Elsewhere, keep a close eye on Alaric’s new love interest, Dr. Fell (played by Paul Wesley’s real-life wife/Tree Hill alum Torrey DeVitto). Something tells us this is one character that’s going to be a lot more important than first thought.

Question: Please tell me there’s some Caroline and Stefan scenes coming up on Vampire Diaries! I really miss their friendship! —Amy
Ausiello: Sadly, there’s nothing in this Thursday’s episode. Stefan’s a bit preoccupied with hiding coffins from Klaus. But I have to imagine he’ll find some time in his hectic schedule to wish Caroline a happy birthday next week.

Hot Fringe Video: “Not Everything Is As It Seems”

Question: Scoop on Vampire Diaries’ Bonnie, please! Any details about the reunion with her mother? —Alta
Ausiello: It’s not going to be “all Hallmark cards and cookies,” warns executive producer Julie Plec. “There’s a lot of tension there. There’s [also a] surprising explanation about why [her] mother felt like she needed to walk away and never come back to Mystic Falls.” Plec adds that Bonnie’s backstory will “play an interesting role in solving a present-day mythology puzzle.”

Question: Joseph Morgan recently mentioned that he’d like to see Klaus have a love interest on Vampire Diaries. Is this happening anytime soon? —Amy
Ausiello: Morgan is getting his wish! While Plec wouldn’t tell us if the lucky (or maybe not so lucky?) lady is someone we’ve met before, she did confirm “someone will catch Klaus’ eye very soon.” Hit the comments with your best guesses!

Question: What’s going on with Game of Thrones? Any big surprises coming in Season 2? —Melinda
Ausiello: There is what I would call a doozy of a surprise in the premiere, but the less said about that the better.

Question: I’ve been weeping ever since news broke that Ringer‘s return has been pushed back an additional three weeks. Perhaps a little scoop to dry my tears? —Jamie
Ausiello: I take back all of the mean things I said about Ringer‘s presumably hackneyed girl-who-cried-rape plot between Juliet and Jason Dohring’s snooze-inducing Mr. Carpenter. I now know where it’s going and it’s actually pretty inspired (if a wee bit contrived).

Question: I have been anxiously awaiting word on which of my new favorite shows are going to make it and which will be axed! When is your Renewal Scorecard going to debut? —Lindsey
Ausiello: It went live this morning, Linds. Someone was supposed to send you a memo. Apologies.

Revenge Hot Shots: Gay Kiss Twist!

Question: Any idea how Glee is going to explain Blaine’s absence while Darren Criss is away on Broadway? Is he going to miss any episodes or are they trying to shoot around his schedule? —Sam
Ausiello: Believe it or not he’ll only be sitting out one episode, so it’s unlikely any explanation will be needed. Speaking of which, look what I snapped on my way to work this morning!

Question: Anything on the second half of Glee‘s season? — Jodi
Ausiello: Based on the fact that the show is casting a bunch of middle-aged night school students, something tells me one of the kids is about to start matriculating after hours.

Question: I am dying for Downton Abbey spoilers to get me through this last week! I’ll take anything you can give me! —Lisa
Ausiello: I’ve screened almost all of the near-perfect second season (premiering Sunday on PBS) and I can tell you that a major couple will tie the knot, two recurring (yet pivotal) characters will be laid to rest, and a Downton staffer will be arrested for murder — and that’s all just in the penultimate episode!

Question: Regarding your latest Blind Item, can you rule out Derek from Grey’s Anatomy? —Sofia
Ausiello: Sure can!

Question: Any scoop on White Collar?! —Meg
Ausiello: Neal and Peter’s trust issues won’t be the only thing standing in the way of their partnership when the show returns on Jan. 17. Neal will get some news that could mean big changes for their working relationship — and soon!

2012 Forecast: Fearless Predictions About Grey’s Anatomy, Glee, GH, American Idol and More!

Question: It would make my new year if you could wrangle some spoilers for Grimm! I’d really like to know if we will meet any other Grimms this season or get any more backstory on Nick’s family. —Kiki
Ausiello: Yes, we’ll be learning a lot more about Nick’s family — about his parents as well as some new details about Aunt Marie’s (Kate Burton) past. As for meeting any future Grimms like Nick, my source would only offer a noncommittal “maybe.”

Question: Suburgatory‘s George is hot. Will he and Dallas ever get together? —Sabrina
Ausiello: Things are light on the George and Dallas front in this week’s episode, not that there isn’t romance brewing in the ‘burbs. After Tessa gets her driver’s license, Dalia hires her to drive her to a date with an old crush (Prom’s Thomas McDonell), but the hottie is more interested in Tessa the chauffeur. Game on!

Question: Any new scoops on The Good Wife? —Abz
Ausiello: Expect the very unexpected during Will’s grand jury trial for judicial bribery, the fallout from which will dramatically alter the status quo for the remainder of the season. Oh, and if you think you hate Monica Raymund’s Dana now, just you wait.

Question: Hey, guess what?  I totally saw you in an old episode of Veronica Mars. I can’t believe that I didn’t notice it before. I was wondering if you have any scoop on Kristen Bell’s new show House of Lies, I saw the premiere and it looks promising. —Jack
Ausiello: Around the midseason mark, Bell’s Jeannie will start dipping her pen in company ink in a big way.

Question: Everyone on The Big Bang Theory has had some romance, except Raj! Any chance he’ll be getting a love interest? —Sarah
Ausiello: Well, kinda. In an upcoming episode, a knockout named Siri starts whispering sweet nothings in his ear. Trouble is, we — and Raj — will only see Siri in a fantasy sequence: She’s the voice of his iPhone!

Glee First Look: [Spoiler] Pops the Question!

Question: I just watched Spartacus’ new trailer and I have to ask: Is someone pregnant? —Mariana
Ausiello: No comment.

Question: Got any Blue Bloods scoop? —Beth
Ausiello: The show will be channeling some past CBS procedurals when Danny and Jackie investigate a murder in which the daughter of the victim says that God told her that her stepfather is the killer.

Question: There has been a major shortage of Fringe scoop recently. Give me anything you have! —Emma
Ausiello: The show is getting ready to introduce one of its Biggest Bads yet. The “terrifying” character — who it’s worth noting will be covered in prosthetics — is doing unfathomable things to “serve his own bent logic.” The role is currently being cast.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Happy Holidays! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Meg Masters)

1. snowysnow says:

You hyped that Dair spoiler pretty good, and you didn’t disappoint. <3 Dair <3

2. Luis says:

I couldn’t hate a character played by Monica Raymund if you paid me!

3. Fran says:

OMG at this rate there will be a gossip girl season 7 before Dan actually verbalizes his feelings. This is not OTH people speed up your plots already!

I don’t know really what to say anymore. I personally do not enjoy DB. I am sure others do everyones taste is different however I judge people who like the Prince.

What is unfortunate is that for CB and SB fans it feels like we have very little to look forward to and while I thought 510 was awesome knowing that Blair married Louis took away from that. I understand that this may offend some DB fans but CB and SB have been around a lot longer and the fact that those relationships have been abandoned for the 100th episode is really sad.

4. Allie says:

Can we maybe get a GG spoiler about anyone besides Blair? Serena, maybe, or Chuck, or even Nate? I’m getting incredibly tired of the Everybody Loves Blair sitcom. She used to be my favorite character, but they’re just ruining her this season.

5. alex says:

Blind item: John Noble (Walter) on Fringe?

6. Sara says:

Lmao at those people criticizing Dan’s “inability” to tell Blair his feelings. Were you sleeping during the last episode? Did you not watch him get close to telling her his feelings and then decide not to because it would further complicate things? I’m pretty sure Chair fans were ecstatic last episode when he decided not to tell Blair his feelings and then help her reunite with Chuck instead. Smh at the stupidity of some people.

• Allie says:

He didn’t decide not to tell her because it would “complicate” things, he did it because he realized she loved Chuck and his attempt to insert himself into their love story was a suicide mission. And actually, I wanted him to tell her in that episode, so she could shoot him down and get it over with. Also, as nice as it was of him to put them in a room together, it was going to happen with or without his help, since Chuck was already looking for her, so…

7. Kiki says:

Thank you so much for answering my question about Grimm! I can’t wait to find out more about Aunt Marie and Nick’s parents.

8. Bee says:

OMG. derek isn’t dying on grey’s. THANK GOODNESS! i still have a little fear that it’s gonna be chuck on gossip girl who dies.
    can’t wait for the next revenge takedown.

9. Someone says:

Agreed, that’s the only way I’ll except a Klaus love interest, is if she’s as crazy as him. If he falls for a human, I’ll lose it.

10. Wendy says:

Ugh, how much longer is GG gonna drag out this Dan’s feelings storyline? It’s been like a year. If they’re going to make them actually hookup, just do it already so I can quit the show for good.

• raven says:

Pretty sure it will be in the finale. The premiere = the finale.

Dan couldn’t say ILY in the premiere
      Dan didn’t want to say ILY in the midseason finale
      Dan will say ILY in the finale

It’s actually similar to Chair story from Sseason 2. But this one is based on friendship and not just sex, so it’s easier to believe in it.

• florence says:

It would be incredibly stupid for them to drag out the “Dan loves Blair” storyline for the rest of the season, it would be even more stupid for them to do a finale revolving around it.

• mae says:

How original indeed LoL. But I wouldn’t be surprised, those writers can’t come up with new ideas anymore. They have to take the receipe of the most AMAZING sl they ever did. CHAIR. But hey, that’s fine, I will wait until DB be ruined like pretty much EVERY relationship on this lame show. And since when Chuck and Blair are all about sex?!ROFL.

11. Else says:

Could Klaus’ Love interest be Catherine?

12. Donna says:

#GG i am so bored of this ” everybody loves blair” and royal crapytale! What about other characters?? where is Chuck, Serena and Nate…I want to know whats the deal with Diane and Jack? Dan is worse character ever! Just go pine somewhere else!!! Enough already! Loser makes prince boredom to stay further! Ugghhhh

#GoT exiting but not surprising!

# BBT sounds fun!

• Ana Muller says:

Dan has always been a boring uninteresting character to me, but I never really considered him annoying (like I consider Serena for example) until he decided out of nowhere that he “loved” Blair, that’s when i started noticing he has a pattern of falling in love with every girl that hangs out with him. It’s like “We watched a movie together once, so… I love you now hm’kay?”. And don’t even get me started on the royal wedding crapfest! After the mid-season finale I don’t see how it would ever make sense for Blair to marry this guy. Seriously, gossip girl, get some new writers!

13. Vicky says:

Can all you GG fans quiet down about the love triangle for two seconds to laugh at how Louis has now officially become a complete idiot, seeing as he can’t even write his own wedding vows! Why are we supposed to believe Blair would actually marry him?

• Jeremy says:

It’s all because Louis is the prince and Dan is the pauper. I think Dan will be the true prince, it will be really unexpected.

• cathy says:

the guy can’t even speak english! it would surprise me if he could write coherent sentences.

• Fran says:

YES!!! This is the big issue. Why would Blair every marry this guy. I hate Dair and love Chair but I hate how to avoid dealing with that we are stuck with Louis. Why does Blair have to get married at all. She is 21 and it is not the 1400’s. This is the dumbest plot and that is coming from a show where a whole fake cancer plot fell apart after someone binged “Cancer”

14. Helen says:

Er, yeah, I have to say, I don’t really get the “spoilers” for Downton Abbey. It’s already screened in the UK, NZ and Australia. You can just look up what’s happened on Wikipedia. Or order the DVD set from Amazon.co.uk.

15. Elizabeth says:

I think that Dan votes can do that Blair of account of which it loves Chuck so it is not possible to marry Louis

16. Ana Muller says:

Gossip Girl is so confusing, I don’t get how Blair is still marrying this guy. Or the fact that none of the spoilers seem to touch on the events of the mid-season finale…

17. Sophia says:

Klaus will have a love interest! FINALLY! <3 Kathrine. HAHAHAH just kidding. I have no clue! ;)

18. Sarah says:

When Blair kissed Dan it realized that it wanted to be with Chuck. Maybe when Blair reads these votes of it will realize that his twin soul is Chuck

19. Beth says:

I think that the votes that Dan wrote will do that Blair of account of which his twin soul is Chuck

20. Nicole says:

Only I hope that the votes that Dan wrote serve Blair to realize that his twin soul and Chuck and that cannot was escaping of this reality

21. polly says:

DAIR!!!!!!

22. samantha says:

Yeah… Dan is pretty lame, and didn’t he randomly decide to “sacrifice” his feelings, because he believed Blair should be with Chuck in the mid-season finale? How is he now writing the votes for Louis? Did he suddenly decided that her fate is to be with yet another guy who isn’t him? Or is he just too much of a wuss to reveal his real feelings probably because Blair hasn’t demonstrated to be slightly interested in what they may be!

• samantha says:

decide*

• Nina says:

Yeah, makes no sense.
        Let’t see:

– Dan has feelings for Blair.
        – Chuck and Blair love each other. They had feelings for each other since season 1.
        – Blair is engaged to Prince Boring. Pregnant with his royal baby too.
        – Dan realizes Blair really does love Chuck and decides to play Cupid to make her happy.
        – Chuck realizes he will love Baby Boring just like he loves Blair.
        – Blair decides to break it off with Boring and make her baby Baby Bass because he’s all she ever wanted, loves him, loves every part of him, he’s the one she never wants to leave.
        – Chuck almost dies but survives. Blair loses the baby. (?)
        – Blair decides to marry Boring because she promised God (?) (WTF?) if He saved Chuck.
        – Dan decides to play Cupid again, this time not helping Chuck who almost died. This time is all about Boring and his nice pretty vows. (WTF?)
        – Then, Blair who was so in love with Chuck that she even promised God she’d marry a guy (who would still be with her even if he caught Blair and Chuck having sex on top of his limo, btw. Good God, Boring, you’re so… aghhh!) just to save his life hooks up (?) with Cupid Humphrey? WTF GG writers? WTF!

^^ I seriously hope this is not how season 5 turns out to be.

23. K says:

DAIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR :D Thanks Ausiello. <3 Dan

24. Eva says:

I am bored of Blair and Dan and of the fans of Blair and Dan

25. Paris says:

Blair remains with Dan and I stop seeing Gossip Girl

26. L says:

Jesus chair fans, give it a rest with the spamming. You’re embarrassing the entire fandom. Stop watching it it’s bothering you so much.

• rachel says:

yeah as if Dair fans didn’t spam comment sections… okay.

• Sam says:

So, Gossip Girl fans who don’t share your views are spamming and embarrassing the entire fandom? Not every single fan is going to like every single character and every single plotline. I bet you don’t.
      I like Dan, I love Chuck, I love Blair. I like friendship Dair and love romantic Chair. Why am I still watching? Because I’m a GG fan. I like these characters and I’m interested to see how it turns out. And I quite liked the last episode. It’s not like Chair is a thing of the past and Chair fans should quit the show, since we had some beautiful scenes in 5X10. You don’t know how this is going to end just like I don’t. And, for your information, there’s other characters to enjoy too, like Serena, Nate, Lily, Rufus and Georgina.

• L says:

When did I ever say that I found it embarrassing because they didn’t share my opinion? I also never said that I was a dair fan. You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions. I happen to ship Blair and Serena (as friends) and hope they they both finish the series alone. And for that reason I could never ship Dair because it would ruin SB. What does embarrass me however are the chair fans who constantly attack anything that could potentially disrupt chair over these kinds of sites and call Ausiello unprofessional for having an opinion, or the ones that hurl abuse at the writers over Twitter. I have seen a couple of DB fans do it too, but in comparison it seems like nothing. Like you said, there are other parts of this show…but to me the chair fans seem to have the belief that the writers are writing the show for them. The writers obviously want dair as well and that is completely their right. They write the show, they can do whatever they want.

27. Paloma says:

If there is something of what I am bored it belongs to Blair and Dan Blair
    Blair and Dan they are the worse thing are silly and boring I Think that I am not going to see the Gossip Girl’s second part

28. James says:

Would the surprise in the Game of Thrones premiere be a surprise even for people who have read the books or is it just for people who haven’t?

29. chestal says:

Everything is Dair and nothing hurtssssssssssssssss

30. Bk says:

I love it when Dair gets great news and Chair fans are as BUTTHURT as ever! LOVES IT! lol

• Cassie says:

Dair YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :)

I really excited.
      Honestly, I think it’s like the perfect situation for his feelings to finally come out. Yes, I know Blair dosen’t realize it at first, but I’m sure she will eventually. And then I’m like imagining the scene where she finds out that he actually wrote the vows for her. Cause like he tried to tell her beforhand, but she was all like worried about something about the wedding and/or Chuck (arrrg). But then when she is actually at the altar and Louis is stumbling over the words of the vow, it will go to voice over and then she will look around and find Dan’s eyes as he’s leaving the church and then she will realize how much she hates all the tricks and games Louis (and Chuck) has played with her and in that moment she will realize that she wants nothing more then a honest man who loves her to pieces and her mind will flash to Dan. So then she’ll run out and find a cab; just to drive her anywhere so she can make sense of her life. And then she’ll really have to think about her future; about how all the other men in her life have used schemes to try to win her, but Dan hasn’t used any kind of tricks, he honestly just cares about her and wants more than anything for her to be happy. So she will get off at the airport, hoping to get a plane to far away when she sees a phone and decides to tell Dan what she is meaning to do. And then she’ll be like “where are you?” and he’s like “right behind you” and she’ll turn and look at him like she’s never looked at him before.

31. Manu says:

I cannot wait for GG to go full on Dair, it’s seriously been an insanely huge amount of time waiting, and considering all that’s been happening, I think the pay off will be more than worth for it!

They are truly the heart of the show, and THE most amazing couple that they ever produced! I just can’t wait for everything that’s to do with them!

32. Jemima Bessa says:

OH MY DAIR.
    Here’s the thing, Dan writing the vows is something out of a dream. It’s everything Blair has ever wanted; its her fairy tale, her happy ending, her pure and simple love. Yet we have the constant shoving of Chair down our throats. The fact that she will still go through with this wedding and that the writers will keep her ignorant until the breaking point. At this point I’m hanging onto WHATEVER we get. I’m so serious. Even if Dair aren’t endgame (ALTHOUGH I PRAY TO THE TV GODS THAT THEY ARE ENDGAME) I still want them to happen. Even if its for a short while, Blair will come out of their relationship with a new perspective. That not all love has to be as dark as hers and Chuck’s was.

DAIR FOR LIFE! Dare to Dair!

• EE says:

Excellent post. I agree with your thought, even if they aren’t endgame I am just so thankful for any scraps we are thrown.

33. Ruby says:

Gee, let me guess: Klaus falls for Elena. Like every other male on this show.

I’d be happy to be wrong.

34. Jenn says:

YESS DAIR!!! <3 Please just let them get together soon!! They are the best thing about Gossip Girl!

35. DX says:

Dair =. Best tv couple in history just wait…

36. Elena says:

Wow the Gossip Girl fandom look as bad as all that Twilight stuff. Some will like Dair (me for many many reasons) and some will like Chair (which I don’t get) but there’s no need to act like your life depends on it. Watch the damn show and enjoy the individual characters, not just the couple they happen to be in.

37. Meg says:

But see, here’s the thing about Downton Abbey spoilers…THE WHOLE THING ALREADY AIRED IN ENGLAND SO SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE ON TUMBLR.

Also, two couples get married, not one.

38. Patricia says:

Ohh Gossip Girl is just so bad I can’t quite just quit it yet but it just gets worse and worse. How is Louis a freaking prince still trying to marry Blair?, she ran away with Chuck how long are they going to drag this out and Dan and Blair could have been good but the writers just keep making him so pathetic it’s so frustrating

39. Juliet says:

The only interesting character of Gossip Girl is Chuck
    All the other characters of Gossip Girl are boring
    Enclosed Blair who always is the protagonist and the victim of the history

40. Ivy says:

I am bored of Dan and Blair
    Dan and Blair are the worse thing

41. Kate says:

Dan and Blair have destroyed Gossip Girl

42. Eva says:

Blair is a whore
    So one deserves to be with the stupid of Dan

43. Sam says:

The awkward fact that the “explosive” Dair spoiler was that he does something to help prop her relationship with a jerk

44. Prada says:

Chairleaders, where’s your chill pills? ♥ From my point of view the only cockblocker left between Chair is GOD. Good luck, Dan…

45. Kay says:

Thanks for the Grimm spoiler – it’s a good one too!

Also, the Ringer spoiler sounds good.

I was sure the Blind Item referred to Nick Stokes. It’s getting very interesting now!

46. Jenny says:

Congrats Dan Humphrey! You’ve just subjected over a million viewers to more Louis. Prepare to be the most hated character in Gossip Girl history

47. Lindy says:

The fact that there has been nothing CB/SB related promoted for the 100th is sad. Those relationships built

48. Violeta says:

“Blair I started to like you when you were vulnerable and you being powerful terrifies me because I can’t handle strong woman. Marry me!”
    Stupid Dan

• kendallf says:

Exactly.

dan only likes blair when she is weak. real men(chuck)love independent,strong women.Dan is not a man. he’s a weak little boy and will always want blair to be weak if he was dating her so he can have the power.

• BK says:

OMG Your RIGHT!!! Real men whore the women they love for hotels. CHAIR FAN. LOL

• Kendallf says:

Don’t judge because that’s one of the reason why i always hated Dan.

And FYI chuck from season 1 to 4×21 he was not a real man but the “new” chuck from 4×22 to right now is becoming a better man(real man) than Dan will ever be. Dan is the worst guy on this show to date. I admit that chuck was worse guy from season 1,2,3 and 4(because he was selfish and to self destructive) but now his love for Blair is changing. So like I said “don’t judge” and also it’s kind of sad that you are still bringing the hotel thing because you don’t have anything bad to say about him in season 5 so you use the bad things chuck done in the past to define how horrible of a person he is but don’t realize that people can change and can become a better person.

• Carol says:

WTF? Dan is not this way.

The Chair fans are so crazy, just it. LOL FOREVER.

49. Betty says:

Blair, I have loved you since the first time I saw you when I actually hated you and was in love with your best friend.
    I hate Dan

50. Rachel says:

So basically its Dan’s fault we get more Louis. Just when I think I can’t like Dan less