2012 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble?

TV’s uneasy season is upon us. From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows will be back next fall and which will be join Lie to Me, Brothers & Sisters and Ghost Whisperer over at the MIA Network. (For the last time, MIA is fictional people; stop scouring your on-screen channel guide now.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the bubble, we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet. We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so I strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. And for the record, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Getting Married, Dying, Breaking Up, Etc!

ABC
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Charlie’s Angels: Officially cancelled.
Cougar Town: Could go either way. Officially renewed… by TBS!
Dancing With the StarsA sure thing. Officially renewed!
Desperate Housewives: Officially cancelled; series finale aired May 13.
Don’t Trust That B—– in Apartment 23: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: Officially cancelled.
GCB: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Last Man Standing: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Man Up: Officially cancelled.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
MissingToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Pan Am: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Private Practice: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Revenge: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The RiverToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Scandal: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Shark TankA safe bet. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Work It: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.

CBS
2 Broke Girls: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Amazing Race
: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: Officially renewed.
Blue Bloods: A safe betOfficially renewed.
Criminal Minds: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: A safe bet. A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: Miami: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
CSI: NY: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially renewed.
A Gifted Man: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Good Wife: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Hawaii Five-0: A safe betOfficially renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: Officially renewed.
How to Be a Gentleman: Officially cancelled.
The Mentalist: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Mike & Molly: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: Los Angeles: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NYC 22: A long shot. Officially cancelled.
Person of Interest: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Rob: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Rules of Engagement: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed
SurvivorOfficially renewed.
Two and a Half Men: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Undercover Boss: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Unforgettable: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled. Plucked from the ashes and renewed!

FOX
Alcatraz: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Allen Gregory: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
American Dad: Officially renewed.
American Idol: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Bob’s Burgers: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Bones: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Breaking In: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Cleveland Show: Officially renewed.
Family Guy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Finder: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Fringe: A long-shot. Could go either way. A safe bet. A sure thing. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Glee: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
House: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
I Hate My Teenage Daughter: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Kitchen Nightmares: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Napoleon Dynamite: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
New Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Raising Hope: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Simpsons: Officially renewed.
Terra Nova: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Touch: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
The X Factor: Officially renewed.

NBC
30 Rock: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Are You There, Chelsea?: Too early to tell. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Awake: Could go either way. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Bent: A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Best Friends Forever: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Biggest Loser: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Celebrity Apprentice: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Chuck: Already canceled; two-hour series finale aired Jan. 27.
Community: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Fashion Star: Officially renewed.
Free Agents: Officially cancelled.
Grimm: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Harry’s Law: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Law & Order: SVU: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Office: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed
Parenthood: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Parks and Recreation: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Playboy Club: Officially cancelled.
Prime Suspect: Officially canceled.
Smash: Too early to tell. Officially renewed.
The Firm: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Up All Night: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Voice (Season 3): A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Whitney: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Who Do You Think You Are?: Officially cancelled.

THE CW
90210: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
America’s Next Top Model: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Gossip Girl: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
H8R: Officially cancelled.
Hart of Dixie: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Nikita: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Officially cancelled; series finale aired April 4.
Remodeled: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Ringer: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Secret Circle: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Supernatural: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewals

1. Sandra Henry says:

I just looked at the Fall Schedule. It looks OK I guess, but I agree with other comments. The networks are getting too caught up in really stupid reality shows and sitcoms and dumping some really good dramas like The Firm which got moved around so much that it was hard to find it until I had missed too many episodes. They should give every show at least two seasons to find itself. There are a lot of really good shows that didn’t get renewed and often it is because they put 3 really good drama/law enforcement shows up against each other and people have to chose what to watch and it splits the viewing audience too much. For example this season Castle, Hawaii 5 O, and Revolution are against each other on Monday. Castle and Hawaii 5 O already have loyal audiences so even if Revolution is a good show, it likely will not make it. Last year ABC did it with Revenge. Luckily, they gave that show a different time slot and another season. Fox has had some good shows–Alcatraz and Missing and Lie to Me that I liked a lot but I don’t think were given enough time to garner a loyal audience. It is true that all the networks cater to the 18 to 49 age group with stupid reality shows and even more stupid sit coms. I wish they would realize that mature people have a lot of time to watch TV, use DVDs to record programs to watch later, and enough spendable income to make it worthwhile to advertisers.

• Susan says:

I agree with your comment. They do cater to the young when they dont even have time to watch or understand the really intelligent programs with medical info. I am so tired of reality reality and the rich with no personality’s.. Just because you have money does not make you interesting to watch. WHEN will they figure this out? I enjoyed the gifted man. It was well written and entertaining to watch. Had a great twist and some moral outcome to it. That is probably why they cancelled it.. It had a hidden mortal story to be observed by viewers. And you have to admit the Doctor was not bad to look at. I have never seen a doctor that good looking. I have been an RN for over 28 years. Just a shame… Susan

2. lie to me is not even on the list for fox. love that show. guess that means cancelled? so tired of getting interested in shows and then they get cancelled.

3. Saymon Wanzo says:

Oh my goodness there is so much crap on TV these days. Anybody can get a reality show. But the good shows get taken away…. why? Awake? Come on that was such a good concept and now it’s gone. I think I might do the “wait till the second season to watch” thing to avoid the disappointment.

4. Margie says:

I can’t believe they cancelled A Gifted Man… loved that show. And Pan Am another good show, not as great as A Gifted Man, but one I did not miss.

5. Dawn says:

I, as many of my friends, are truly going to miss Harry’s Law. It was a refreshing look with interesting characters and writing. I hope they change their minds, it will boost their overall ratings!

• Jim Schultz says:

Revolution is nothing more than a crude rip-off of Jericho down to the mysterious african-american with a computer and access to a power source. However I did like the Chicago references.

6. Alison says:

I can’t believe what happened with house it used to be soo good! Then people left and now it’s cancelled,stupid chain reaction!😡😡😡😡

7. BRENDA says:

OF ALL THE STUPID THINGS AND TV CHANNEL CAN DO THE CANCELLATION OF CSI MIAMI WAS THE WORST THING THEY CAOULD HAVE DONE . AND I WILL BOYCOTT CBS AND WILL NEVER WILL WATCH ANYTHING ON CBS EVERY AGAIN AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD FOR MY FAMILKY NOT TO WATCH ANYTHING ON THIS NETWORK
    PLEASE PLEASE SOME OTHER NETWORK PICK UP CSI MIAMI FOR NEW SEASONS I WILL BECOME A FAN OF THAT NETWORK..

8. Susan says:

Bring back the gifted man. A bitch in apartment B really really.??. What are you people thinking.? Over 40 educated and know what funny is and what real tv is. Gift man had potiental and the rest of the crap is not funny and a waste of film digital or VHS.. Reality Reality Kardicians…not sure of spelling how much they interest me. NOT Useless. At least you could accidentally learn something from this program if you watched The Gifted Man, unlike some of the other waste of my time white noise programs. More stupid mistakes by networks. More dicisions like this I may just cancel Cable. Nothing on in few years but crap. Susan

9. tina says:

please bring back Ghost Whisperer. It was a great show.

10. Mary says:

Time to remove all of last years cancelled from the list, add all the new ones and move on…….new shows are already being axed!!!!

11. Donna says:

How could Lie To Me get cancelled?!? Unbelievable!! This is why I hate TV and just stream from my computer.

12. Rebecca Glassmire says:

I really wish you would bring back CSI: Miami for one last season to end it instead of leaving everybody hanging and not knowing the end. It would be a good season and easy please. Bring it back .

13. I watch on Netflix because television via cable or direct tv or sattelite is not that good
    for the price But I did enjoy The Gifted Man. Perhaps a show exhibiting an unselfish
    nature and a caring side to the human race just doesn’t sell anymore, in spite of the
    fact it was based on surgical performances it did not flaunt blood and gore. I am
    sorry it was cancelled. Sign of the times bring on greed, stupidity with reality shows
    etc. I am not sorry I have left mainstream television and chose one I can control the
    viewing material for myself.

14. Receptionitis66 says:

The Office was cancelled…?
    And why’d they have to include Chuck?? Old wounds are being opened up here. Still not over that being cancelled haha

15. Astrid says:

YAAY BONES!!!!!!

And oh God I miss Lie To Me!! Why did it get cancelled?

16. BB says:

I can’t believe you leave a show on like Supernatural, don’t get me wrong I like the show, biut…you take off a good medical show like Emily Owens MD. The CW is not hitting on much and you are taking off all the shows that seem to be helping.

• oldfan says:

I agree BB – I like Emily Owens MD. CW definitely did not give it enough time to be watched or liked. it has humor emotions show people being friends and dealing with backstabbers..
      was waiting to see her find someone other than the med school guy.

Give it a chance CW..

17. Anonymous says:

Rooting for Terra Nova to somehow come back.

18. I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your blog?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you
    could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

19. While” love” was pretty unique to Christian writings,” self-control” in eating means the same for
    Christians as it did for pagans. You quickly fall in to the vortex
    of the D’s of eating 1 meal a day, it is still controversial, many people only have to read the book.

20. Hi there mates, how is everything, and what you wish for to say concerning this article, in my view its actually remarkable for me.

21. docstoc.com says:

I know this web page presents quality dependent posts and other stuff,
    is there any other web site which gives these kinds of stuff in
    quality?

22. Jill says:

Booked taxis orlando taxi rates will wait for you at the beginning of the construction.
    Please, lady, look give me a rotten cab out of this, their judgment isn’t always as good as orlando taxi rates London’s taxis, and all Triangle areas.
    As he let the clutch out, the two friends, spotted me and called across the crowd.
    A year ago towns on the Tunisian side of the road or simply fail to show up in many
    cities.

23. sex says:

This way when men and women are going to a new
    site from your site, your site will still be open in the browser underneath the new
    site. The number of inbound hyperlinks from other relevant and quality websites.
    When you understand how it works, you can use it to find
    the best keywords for your services.

24. I appreciate, result in I found just what I was looking for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
    Bye

25. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you’re going
    to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

26. I simply could not go away your web site before suggesting that I actually loved the standard information a person supply in your guests?

Is gonna be again continuously to check out new posts

27. Your method of explaining the whole thing in this paragraph
    is genuinely pleasant, all be capable of without difficulty understand it, Thanks
    a lot.

28. Papiery rzeczone są naturalnie jedynego wzorze
    wielb kompozycji. Architektonika niniejsza pakuje się powszechnie z pola literackiego pewnym daremnie sondażu (na okaz tułów
    rozstrzygający załącznika, miłuj czołowy meldunek
    skutku), piszą poboczne oklepane samoistne terytoria literackie (na przypadek szczebel ewentualnie podsumowanie) i
    poszczególne napis albo krzew głęboko nikłe terytorium tekstowe (na
    ideał, data książek, randze, sumy, klucza utworu, itp).
    To szare w sprzężeniu do siedliska literackiego jako zasadniczego przekazanych prastarych doceniaj przekazu również do niejednakowych sfer (tytuł, kosztowność, itp) działających go jako metadane.
    Natomiast współczesne teksty również zapisy – periody potrafią istnień wprowadzane metonimie
    w nawiązaniu do poszczególnego indeksowanego “książek” w samoistni fasonu wynajdowania
    dokumentu – mogą być dodatkowo odnotowywane jako uliczna, doklejanie siedlisk.
    Suwerenna kategoria obecnych placach możliwe żyć dowolny tekst, także wszelaka spośród nich pewno nie być drukowane lub wyraźnie bezmyślne poszczególne książkowe (na wzorzec pojedynczy z nienaruszalnej liczebności kodów rezultatów).
    Ciężki nadruk organizmy znajdowania komplet podchodzi współczesny widoczek możliwościach są
    indeksowania a odnajdowania: każdy papier / dopisek jest po nisku system pól.Wyszukiwarka istnieje każdorazowo zaordynowana przeciągany przed samym terytorium
    akceptuj wszelaki kontaminacyj rolnictw, jednakoż klient oficjalny czasem nie funkcjonowań tego rozsądny, wyjątkowo gdy przenikliwym
    jest zmierzać harmonijnie zupełne terytorium.

29. ulikeme says:

What about “Whitney”? How can that be a long shot??????
    Up against American Idol and it gets decent ratings so why would anyone say that it’s a “Long Shot”. NBC needs to man up and keep WHitney around for a few more years. It is way way way underrated.

30. ulikeme says:

“Whitney” needs to be renewed. How can that be a long shot?
    I love this show and Cummings rocks it.

31. 7dlh7 says:

WORD!! :-D

32. ulikeme says:

I’m confused why “Whitney” is not being given the same chance that “Community” was given. WHitney started out slowly but now it’s a really funny show. Anyone that says crap about it has not watched it recently.
    I also like Community which is a totally different type of humor but not a better show.

33. barbara says:

Community rocks! Abed rocks! I can’t wait for the shows to continue!

34. Angela says:

Hear, hear! Just move it into the “sure thing” category and we’re good to go!

35. ulikeme says:

Why is Whitney considered a “long shot”????
    Whitney started out slowly but now it’s a really funny show. Anyone that says crap about it has not watched it recently.
    I totally support funny women and WHitney a damn funny and smart and cute. Who would not want to watch that? p.s. I’m a dude so maybe that’s why I think she is so funny. You rarely see funny and cute in the same package. They have 3 women on WHitney that fill that shoe so I always tune in to watch these 3 women crack me up. Whitney Cummings, Zoe Lister Jones & Rhea Seehorn are the 3 best women in TV comedy.
    The dudes are also funny but the women steal the show for me.

36. tvtot says:

ummm….why is Whitney a long shot? I dunno. Whitney rocks. Super smart ass humor. I love it.

37. Tania says:

Whitney is a god-awful series. The lead “actress” (note the quotation marks)is not only obnoxious but is incredibly unfunny. I put her right up there with Chelsea Handler – unbearably UNFUNNY.

Yep, the key word here is UN…FUNNY.

38. Jeremy232 says:

dude youre sooooo GAY!!!!!!!!! THIS show sucks so baddddddd

39. belcanto says:

Let the network know you like Whitney! We love it, too! I agree it started off kind of slow but it has really grown on us. Community was slotted to be cancelled until fans started speaking up.

40. Katie says:

Whitney is bad. I *have* watched it recently. I keep recording it, like a dummy, thinking it will get better, yet every episode I’ve seen contains the same “jokes” coupled with mediocre acting. It is nowhere near the caliber of Community, so to compare Whitney to said show (as you did in an earlier post) is ridiculous. I understand that everyone has their own opinion; mine is that those who think Whitney makes good television are wrong.

41. TM says:

18-49 does count but PP’s numbers are under 7 million each week and they are losing the demo too. I think both PP and BOP are going to be gone next season. Put a fork in Pan Am which I liked. They were under 3 million last Sunday.

42. Eli says:

I’ve been defending Whitney ever since it started. It seemed like everyone’s favorite punching bag while it really was not that bad a show.

43. Hannah says:

TM, I said the 18-49 demo was most important, so why are you “correcting” me by saying that “18-49 does count”? Private Practice does MUCH better in the demo than Body of Proof does (though possibly not well enough to make it to another season). If only one of those two shows does, though, it will definitely be PP on the strength of its superior demos. Pan Am’s total audience doesn’t matter. The main thing is that it did crappy in the demo.

44. Cheryl says:

Supernatural is not a guy show. It appeals to everyone of any age and its finally in Season 7 getting back to being the story of Sam and Dean again Hope we get a full season 8 of the boys on the road again (in the impala)and back to hunting things and saving people. The brothers versus everything.

45. barbara says:

I don’t know if Supernatural is a “guy’s” show, but it holds no interest for me, saving for two episodes – the one with James Marsters (Buffy) and the one with Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars).

Didn’t Buffy change networks midstream?

46. Nicole says:

I dont really think that Supernatural is a guy show. I am a 24 year old girl who loves Supernatural and has watched every season. I think that the show has the right mix of elements to make both genders happy.

I am not to worried about 90210 going off the air, just look at how long the CW kept One Tree Hill around (and that show should have ended back when they graduated).

47. nadia says:

Best show on tv! one of few shows i can watch with my husband. im 35 hes 41. you cant put an age or gender on good tv!

48. Cheryl says:

What a very rude comment! Jared (like Jensen)is very much loved as are both the characters they play Sam and Dean Winchester. This show is about the brothers and their relationship not your fan crush Angel.
    Check the ratings for Season 4, I have Supernatural lost one million viewers thats one quarter of its fandom when it was hijacked by Castiel and the Angel mythology, when Sam and the brotherhood were kicked to the curb. Without the brotherhood in place Season 5 Supernatural lost another half million and by Season 6 Supernatural lost half its fandom. Why do you think the brotherly love was reinstated so quickly mid season 6? Because the uproar for the brotherhood to return was loud and the threat by fans who were fed up with waiting for the brotherhood to return was taken seriously.

There is no Supernatural without Sam AND Dean or Jared and Jensen. And the actors have made it clear they stay or go together.

49. Cheryl says:

Those two awards should be the seal to a Season 8 and even 9 And Pedowitz gets Supernatural is about the brothers, not like Dawn Ostroff!

50. barbara says:

I adore Gossip Girl! I can’t get enough. It’s a guilty pleasure.

51. pennylane says:

Holy Crap Whitney makes be laugh so hard every week. If not Whitney then her boyfriend Alex is a really funny dude. I saw him at a comedy store doing his standup and he made me piss in my pants.
    I hope NBC gives Whitney a chance to gain a larger audience. They got changed to wednesday night which is difficult to do to a new show but I also like it much better on wednesday night.
    I forgot that it was moved and missed it at first but now…totally up to speed and really loving Whitney.

52. Craig says:

You are crazy. Whitney is one of the funniest things on TV now. Not one show goes by that doesn’t make me laugh. The same can be said for 2 Broke Girls, oh yeh, Whitney write that too.

53. Jim C says:

Agreed. But Im really surprised that this show is about to be deep sixed….I mean the humor is so lame and pathetic that I was sure it would grab the reality TV crowd. It seems to be their cup of tea…but maybe there is hope for them yet. Good bye, Whitney and make sure you take Chelsea Handler with you.

54. Lynn says:

Keep in mind though that marketing departments are increasingly interested not just in how many viewers are watching but in what kind of viewers are watching. So even if a show is underperforming in the demo (I don’t know where you heard 2.0 wasn’t even mediocre, but whatever), if its viewers are of a perceived higher quality, its ad spots can still charge as much as a show with more viewers of a perceived lower quality. I don’t mean low quality as in viewers of 5.0 are bad people, but I’d think it a safe bet that viewers of TGW are more likely to be college educated, to own their own homes, to have the money to buy big ticket items, etc. That’s all very important to ad sales.

55. lorna says:

oc deserved another season!!

56. thaty says:

20 seasons and a theme park!!!!

57. FlickDude says:

Re: Arrested Development….don’t go to google sir….go to Netflix.

Who knows? If they take off with the new season there, we may yet see a return of some other axed-before-their-time properties.

58. Tamara says:

Well said and we beat Castle every week in the ratings aswell which is also a sure thing this list SUCKS!!!!

59. pennylane says:

Hi Jeremy232,
    Thanks for being a big fan of Whitney. All of us at my work are into this show and we love to pick our favorite person and keep score who is the funniest each week. Looking forward to tonights episode about the “ex-box”.
    Whitney is one of the best sitcoms of the year.

60. Jane says:

Be nice. You are going to be shining the shoes and cleaning the toilets of gay people one day… if you can even get a job requiring that level of skill.

61. wink22 says:

dude youre so WRONG!!!!!!! no one uses the word gay in a negative way anymore.

62. wink22 says:

saying gay is really not a thing in 2012

63. Anna says:

my problem with Ringer is that over the years I’ve seen just about every “twin”/lookalike/duel role variation possible.

While I like SMG; Ringer didn’t really add anything new to the mix.

64. Anna says:

I love Body of Proof; but those ratings….

65. Jan says:

I too would like to see Pam Am saved. It a little bit of a sleeper but I think it will catch on.

66. Anna says:

Ugh! No thank you!

67. Ari says:

I’m a 25 year old woman and as much as I love SMG you could not pay me to sit there and watch Ringer. The three episodes I watched at the start of the season were so terrible and cheese tastic. I’d rather watch Supernatural, any day. I’d rather have the Winchesters and their shotguns than Siobhan and Bridget any day!

68. sbeavis says:

I say SAVE FRINGE! It is terrific. Very entertaining and thought-provoking.

69. Jan says:

I think Ringer is a good show and should be kept by the CW. It is just starting to hit it stride. Give it a chance.

70. Jan says:

Mee toooooo I really like Fringe. What about Nikita? Any support for her?

71. Jan says:

Loved Firefly. I always watch the reruns.

72. Linda Hilton says:

Amen! I was pretty angry to hear that Fringe’s renewal is a “long shot”
    It seems the networks are afraid to keep intelligent shows going
    & have no trouble adding more simple-minded competition shows
    going where people either get hurt or put through de-grading &
    humiliating activities. Fringe is so well written & it’s characters so
    unique. It’s story lines force you to pay attention to keep up. Hey
    Network Executives, It’s ok for people to use their brains once &
    awhile! I am also saddened about A Gifted Mind. It’s a great show I look
    forward to each week. Harry’s law is another excellent show I look
    forward to. What could possibly be better to take the place of these
    excellent, thought-provoking shows?

73. DinoGirl23 says:

Nikita definitely needs to come back. Loving this show more and more ever since day one.

74. Jerri says:

Ringer has gotten a lot better since those three episodes.

75. Lisa London says:

Same here! I watched the first three episodes of Ringer and found it very OTT and boring at the same time – if such a thing is possible… SMG deserved a better vehicle! She should have built a few really meaty guest stars appearances on big network shows and then get a better pick of the pilots one year on. Then again, what do I know…

76. Jim C says:

@Linda Hilton

I agree 100%. Its a sad state when the people getting catered to on national TV have IQs under 75. That’s the thing that kills the good shows…they pay the price for the overall lack of intelligence of the American public. But all is not lost….the Aus-man just upgraded Fringe to “a safe bet”. :)

77. Kelly says:

Fringe stinks.

78. Jim C says:

Kelly, so sorry you dont like Fringe. Im sure its a huge problem fitting an intelligent TV show into your busy schedule of watching Mad Fashion, Kim and Kourtney Take New York and The Bachelorette but not to worry….Fringe is so far past your comprehension level anyway that you are not really missing anything.

79. Yeah, if you’re not smart enough to comprehend it.

80. J Jones says:

I don’t watch fringe… For one reason.

I can’t stand the holier than thou attitude of the fans, and how you are dumb if you don’t watch it.

Sorry but I want no association with that crowd.

81. Fran says:

Jim, you have no idea what kind of shows Kelly watches so it’s ridiculous to assume she’s not intelligent- which your post surely implies. I don’t know if she is either but it’s incredibly annoying to be called out because you don’t like a show. I tried Fringe and I just couldn’t get into it. There’s nothing wrong with that. People like different shows, why hate?

82. Susan says:

Um nowhere did she say she watches all those reality shows you listed but go ahead and just assume anyone who doesn’t like your show must be an idiot.

83. Jim C says:

“and how you are dumb if you don’t watch it”

Your statement, not mine.

84. Carlos says:

You don’t watch a show because of the show’s fandom? What are you, twelve? Watch what you want to watch. Who cares what the fandom is like as long as you enjoy the show? Whatever happened to watching a show because of the actual show?

85. Dummy says:

Im dum an I dont lik frinje. do yu half to go to skool to wach t?

86. Gary says:

I’m also ahuge fan of Body of Proof. Best show on TV today

87. I love Ringer, love it’s cliffhangers that always leave me breathless and i just want a season 2… Sarah’s acting is beyond brilliant.. I haven’t been hooked on a show since Buffy and i just hope people will give Ringer a chance it deserves!

88. Katie says:

Anyone can watch Fringe–you don’t have to be intelligent. I think people are just saying that since Fringe is so good, it’s kind of dumb not to watch it.

89. leeev says:

A sure thing is good but I’d like for Fringe to be officially renewed. Please don’t cancel a really great show.

90. joybrennan says:

EXACTLY.

91. Ryan says:

When did Fringe Season 5 become A Sure Thing? I’m glad to see the change, but I’m just curious about what changed. That seems like something that would be announced in it’s own article…unless I missed it.

92. John says:

A quick review of the forum shows Jim comes on here not to discuss television, but to try and make people feel worse about themselves. I wonder how unsatisfying his life must be that his favourite passtime is coming on line and trolling people about their personal prefferences.

93. Jim C says:

A quick review,huh? That’s nine pages of posts you went thru and you’re wondering about my life? LOL Sounds like you got some time on your hands there, ace.

94. Lisa London says:

I can guarantee that SPN has a LOT of female fans: it’s a story about brotherly love, family and sacrifice which I think appeals a lot to women. The fact that the two leads are drop-dead gorgeous also helps I’m sure. ;-) Just Youtube any SPN Conventions videos: most of the audience is female. It’s a also a fantastic show; you should really give it a try – from the beginning.

95. angelstorm says:

I like Whitney – there’s one scene in there where Whitney and Alex get mugged . . . honestly the funniest thing I’ve seen on tv in a long long time !!

96. David says:

A quick review of the last 15 posts shows that Jim is a loser.

97. Angie says:

Hear hear Barbara!

98. Dawna Downey says:

Yea I wanted bridget and Andrew to get together after he realizes he loves her No fair it never had a chance

99. Kristyn says:

first yes whitney is amazing and im so glad it got picked up second i know the scene your talking about and it is hilarious

100. Kristyn says:

every thing about this is true and awsome

101. Kaa says:

Do ANY men watch Supernatural?

102. WayneInNYC says:

Yes. I’m one of a dozen friends (all guys) who watch the show)

103. Alison says: