2012 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble?

TV’s uneasy season is upon us. From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows will be back next fall and which will be join Lie to Me, Brothers & Sisters and Ghost Whisperer over at the MIA Network. (For the last time, MIA is fictional people; stop scouring your on-screen channel guide now.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the bubble, we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet. We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so I strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. And for the record, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Getting Married, Dying, Breaking Up, Etc!

ABC
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Charlie’s Angels: Officially cancelled.
Cougar Town: Could go either way. Officially renewed… by TBS!
Dancing With the StarsA sure thing. Officially renewed!
Desperate Housewives: Officially cancelled; series finale aired May 13.
Don’t Trust That B—– in Apartment 23: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: Officially cancelled.
GCB: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Last Man Standing: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Man Up: Officially cancelled.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
MissingToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Pan Am: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Private Practice: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Revenge: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The RiverToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Scandal: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Shark TankA safe bet. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Work It: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.

CBS
2 Broke Girls: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Amazing Race
: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: Officially renewed.
Blue Bloods: A safe betOfficially renewed.
Criminal Minds: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: A safe bet. A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: Miami: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
CSI: NY: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially renewed.
A Gifted Man: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Good Wife: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Hawaii Five-0: A safe betOfficially renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: Officially renewed.
How to Be a Gentleman: Officially cancelled.
The Mentalist: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Mike & Molly: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: Los Angeles: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NYC 22: A long shot. Officially cancelled.
Person of Interest: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Rob: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Rules of Engagement: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed
SurvivorOfficially renewed.
Two and a Half Men: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Undercover Boss: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Unforgettable: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled. Plucked from the ashes and renewed!

FOX
Alcatraz: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Allen Gregory: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
American Dad: Officially renewed.
American Idol: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Bob’s Burgers: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Bones: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Breaking In: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Cleveland Show: Officially renewed.
Family Guy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Finder: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Fringe: A long-shot. Could go either way. A safe bet. A sure thing. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Glee: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
House: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
I Hate My Teenage Daughter: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Kitchen Nightmares: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Napoleon Dynamite: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
New Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Raising Hope: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Simpsons: Officially renewed.
Terra Nova: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Touch: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
The X Factor: Officially renewed.

NBC
30 Rock: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Are You There, Chelsea?: Too early to tell. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Awake: Could go either way. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Bent: A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Best Friends Forever: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Biggest Loser: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Celebrity Apprentice: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Chuck: Already canceled; two-hour series finale aired Jan. 27.
Community: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Fashion Star: Officially renewed.
Free Agents: Officially cancelled.
Grimm: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Harry’s Law: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Law & Order: SVU: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Office: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed
Parenthood: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Parks and Recreation: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Playboy Club: Officially cancelled.
Prime Suspect: Officially canceled.
Smash: Too early to tell. Officially renewed.
The Firm: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Up All Night: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Voice (Season 3): A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Whitney: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Who Do You Think You Are?: Officially cancelled.

THE CW
90210: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
America’s Next Top Model: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Gossip Girl: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
H8R: Officially cancelled.
Hart of Dixie: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Nikita: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Officially cancelled; series finale aired April 4.
Remodeled: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Ringer: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Secret Circle: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Supernatural: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

Comments (1,295)

• (N)othing (B)ut (C)rap take your reality shows and shove them where the sun don’t shine. My friends and I will not watch NBC. Oh by the way, my friends and I are in the age group from 13 yrs. all the to 60yrs. old. A lot of difference in age group and a good deal of spending money….

Comment by Gary D. Miller – June 2, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they cancelled my shows then I cancelled my cable…

Comment by lara – June 2, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sick of watching a good show and it getting cancelled. I am refusing to watch shows, especially on NBC because they never give it a chance. And ABC is right behind them.

Comment by kellyo74 – June 3, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok i am confussed. Heading statement said ghost whisperer would be mentioned in the list but cant find it. Anyone know why?

Comment by ashley bridle – June 3, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am furious over the idiocy of the network programmers! Have you noticed that the baby boomers are retiring, have money and more time for tv? Why would you take off the best tv shows that have been on in years – with big stars to really up the acting? Missing, Unforgettable, Harry’s Law (Kathy Bates has been awesome!), The Finder and one of the absolute best – The Firm! These were shows both my husband and I loved to watch – also A Gifted Man. We even got “The Hopper” from dish TV so we wouldn’t miss any of the great shows that were on – that hadn’t been a problem in years! It was a great problem to have and Dish has a great solution! But, I won’t worry about missing any of the Primetime shows with the new lineup – i’ll go to the cable channels who have the good sense to keep great shows on the air – like Covert Affairs, Homeland, Glades, Suits, White collar, Necessary Roughness, and so many more!

I hope Pan Am does come back – I thought that show was labeled nostalgic, which it is – but it also had intrigue and a good story line. You REALLY also need to bring back GCB – what a delightful change of pace! I loved it – a comedy that wasn’t absolutely stupid – like The office and 2Broke Girls and many others. Why all the weird and gory vampire and werewolf shows? I know you want to appeal to the younger viewers – but we’re not all teeny boppers!

PLEASE reconsider some of your horrible decisions!

Comment by Cheri Spence – June 4, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i only watch three shows on Fox and Alcatraz and Terra Nova are cancelled why do they keep getting rid of the good shows and coming out with these stupid comedy and reality tv shows. oh well at least they are not stupid enough to get rid of Bones.

Comment by April Michelle Miller – June 6, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every show I like was cancelled: The Firm, A Gifted Man, Missing, Awake and Alcatraz!!!! I am very unhappy and do not want to watch tv anymore! :(

Comment by Claudine – June 7, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the good shows get cancelled Missing great show must have cost too much filmed in Europe, Gifted Man and the Firm excellent, think all the money the network can save $$$
    for more REAlLITY mindless garbage shows, its about time all these Bullying shows where taken off the air, set an example.

Comment by Stephen Box – June 7, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Secret Circle and Ringer where cancelled both shows where so stupid! To bad they kept Nikita that stinks to, only thing worth watching on CW is Supernatural and Arrow…..

Comment by DestinyCreature (@DestinyCreature) – June 8, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they cancel so many good shows i don’t get why its not fair especially when they leave the shows with cliffhangers theses shows should be picked up by other networks but at least they left some of the other good shows

Comment by alejandra – June 9, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHITNEY, LAST MAN STANDING, UP ALL NIGHT, THE OFFICE, 30 ROCK!! YES!!!
    SUCKS that Man Up didnt make it, that was a really funny show. But I’m glad most of my fav shows are back!

Comment by Geo – June 13, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the GCB. Bring It BACK. I am a Black women who does like too many shows but I love the GCB. I cam in took my shower just to able to sit and enjoy the show, so that I would not miss and episode. They have even taken the past episodes off the comcast. I would have perfered they leave them. Past episodes are better than no episode. One again bring it back. The writes for that so are brilliant.

Comment by Jacqueline – June 13, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova! & Missing, Was Great

Comment by missy – June 14, 2012 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO MAD ABOUT TERRA NOVA!! I loved that show!

Comment by Jess – June 14, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy that Touch is returning — it’s an awesome series. Kudos to Kiefer Sutherland — another hit show!

Comment by Carol – June 14, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FOX should’ve kept “The Finder.”

Comment by Mac – June 14, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please bring back v I loved this show. At least give us an ending

Comment by Mo – June 15, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that I’ve watched csi Miami from the very becoming and now its gone without a proper ending…and I was loving gcb on Abc and now its gone! Thank goodness they kept once upon a time! And I’m glad I didn’t have to say goodbye to parenthood or grim…really ticked about csi Miami!!!

Comment by angela – June 16, 2012 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC is going to lose another bunch of viewers, my whole family, Young or Old, we Were BIG FANS of Harry’s Law. How dare you cancel that amazing show. My family (made up of all ages) will no longer be NBC viewers.

Comment by karen – June 16, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we agree with everyone about the firm and how nbc is one of the stupidest, clueless networks i have ever seen, starting with “outsourced” then “undercovers” . what was wrong with those shows, i will never know!!! We definately cannot understand cancelling “missing”, i mean c’mon, what an action packed, tension filled, on the edge of you seat kind of a program. we cant understand what the hell these stations are looking for!!!!

Comment by luann marchillo – June 18, 2012 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How are you suppost to get in to any shows when you have to worry about them being cancelled all the time? I had 5 of the shows I liked cancelled and 2 that had their season finale

Comment by Anthony – June 20, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Overall happy with my shows! My daughter and I are very disappointed at CW canceling Secret Circle, we had a ritual of watching Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle Thutsday nights and then online Mondays when my work schedule changed… Cancel 90210 and keep Secret Circle!

Comment by Nikki – June 20, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find myself watching not to much of the big 3 programs. Love NCIS, Person of Interest and Blue Bloods. I find myself watching Channels like History, Discovery and the USA Network has some great shows. Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, Psych just to name a few.

Comment by Steve – June 24, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not happy that the show the finder and missing are cancelled. I hope that they are pick up by another network

Comment by missy – June 27, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is dum cw dosent now what its doing they can let go of eny other show but the secret circle i was looking forward to it and now i hate cw except for tsome other shows i like still but you guys could of canceled nikita no one cares about that if you had a poll between nikita and the secret circle the secret circle would win i am now not looking forward to eny other new show you guys are going to have on on thursdays at 9…………………………

Comment by cassandra – July 2, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Firm and Missing were two of the best shows outside of CBS which cancelled Unforgettable. It is totally understandable why CBS kicks their butts every season. If it isn’t Vampires or Aliens, show have a rough time getting started. USA Networks is climbing the list of best shows.

Comment by Jack – July 3, 2012 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that sux GCB was cancelled i mean i am a reality junkie but how many more drama filled bachelors and bachelorette do we need on tv…we need some damn good comedy on tv

Comment by Kim – July 6, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed your canceling. Csi miami. So much better than so many shows keeping. Watching ncis. Ncis la. Csi ny. Castel hawaii50. Revenge. Smash body if proof glee the good wife. Private practice. Greys anatomy scandal. The bachelorette and blachelor. The apprenctice

Comment by ilvclyns – July 7, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you should bring back missing and the firm, because they were good shows,and take off those stupid reality shows.

Comment by susie – July 9, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on Lisa Kudrow’s “Who do you think you are”. It is a perfect early Friday night show.

Comment by Carol Lehan Kolinger – July 10, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HEY! Unforgettable was saved, it’s no longer officially cancelled!!!

Comment by Allie Osterloh – July 10, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looking at this final list, it really hits me: i hate NBC.

Comment by flutiefan – July 10, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do those people that make these cancellations really get paid….I cannot believe they cancelled Harry Law…. a great Satruday show….. But they leave Mike & Molly on????? This show is gross…. Not sure who wants to watch two 300. + people jiggle and try to look sexy…. Not me….. Watched it once….and that was enough!!!!

Comment by John A. San Philipo, P. E, – July 13, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable renewed 2013 summer. so glad

Comment by mamamia785 – July 14, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now if they would just renew Missing and Harry’s Law!

Comment by Cheri Spence – July 14, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s still at least to be RENEW, PRIME SUSPECT, THE RIVER, HARRY’S LAW, AND TERRA NOVA. LOVE THESE SHOWS.

Comment by mamamia785 – July 14, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew Whitney also!

Comment by mamamia785 – July 14, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I know is…. I’m extremely upset they took a great show like The Finder or Terra Nova or Harry’s Law off the air while keeping Dancing With The Non-Stars on !!!

Comment by Laurengary111 – July 17, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ghost whisperer should definately be renewed

Comment by mariah – July 23, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awake is not renewed!? Everytime I like a show, it gets cancelled! First “Lie to me” now this! Let’s keep the 500 other reality show crap but get rid of anything that has a “New” idea involved.

Comment by Jennie Johnson – July 24, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood and Up all night are the only 2 good shows left on NBC! Thank god they renewed The New Girl cause that is my new favorite show :)

Comment by Ashley – August 3, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really sad that Harry’s Law and The Gifted Man Have been cancelled. Both have good story lines and neither insults intelligence of the viewers. There are so few shows anymore that are not either degrading or full of nonsensical story lines.

Comment by Pat Clark – August 12, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • N B C sucks

Comment by jacqueline Fox – August 18, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sooo bummed that Fox ultimately canceled Alcatraz! This was such a great show! I hate these reality shows and believe they take up too much space in programing! Come on Networks what is wrong with catering to the older audience. We have great taste and even my children watch the shows that I love. I’m sad that Harry’s Law was taken off the air and The Firm, Finder, CSI Miami (which was put in a terrible time slot), and House! Just when the networks get some intelligent shows they cancel them before they even have a chance. I don’t think I will be watching any new shows this season. Why should I because they will be one season wonders.

Comment by Beth – August 20, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah my fav show that got cancelled was hawthorne with jada that was a great show was looking ao forward to.seeing more of her.

Comment by candy – August 20, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back the firm

Comment by Oudline – August 21, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why cancell The Secret Circle it was good damn show. They have to make a second season especially because it finished the season with a cliffhanger. They should of cancelled Hart of Dixie now that show wasnt intresting at all. Why cancell The River for me it was a great show it always kept me on the edge of my couch. Right now I’m just really mad about the decisions that were made.

Comment by Alex – August 23, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have look at the comments so far n u are right. All the networks look at ratings. But they have not learn that it is not always bout the ratings. Look at Firefly. 10 years ago took of the air after 12 eps. Yet it still going strong in other media n fans. Here is how they should judge the show: ask fans what do they want to see next season. Don’t worry one day they will learn cause cable shows are starting to kick their butts.

Comment by reggie – August 25, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You should be keeping The River, The Secret Circle, shows like this. Not shows like Bob’s Burgers….what are you people thinking???

Comment by becca – August 30, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just lettin’ CBS know, they STINK……..CSI Miami was an AWESOME show! Way better than the regular CSI, can’t believe you cancelled the best one!!! THANKS IDIOTS…….you could of cancelled something else, like A Gifted Man or even CSI, but NOOOO, you take off the best one!

Comment by Janell – August 31, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come GCB and the river were canceled that stinks? ! Is there any chance for GCB or is that the last straw?

Comment by Zavala – September 3, 2012 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just checked about The Firm’s date for it’s return….and discovered it’s been cancelled! Stupid, stupid NBC. It was one of my favorite shows! It was so well written and the actors/actresses were great! Sorry to hear it’s cancelled……………

Comment by Sandy – September 4, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post