2012 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble?

TV’s uneasy season is upon us. From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows will be back next fall and which will be join Lie to Me, Brothers & Sisters and Ghost Whisperer over at the MIA Network. (For the last time, MIA is fictional people; stop scouring your on-screen channel guide now.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the bubble, we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet. We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so I strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. And for the record, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Getting Married, Dying, Breaking Up, Etc!

ABC
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Charlie’s Angels: Officially cancelled.
Cougar Town: Could go either way. Officially renewed… by TBS!
Dancing With the StarsA sure thing. Officially renewed!
Desperate Housewives: Officially cancelled; series finale aired May 13.
Don’t Trust That B—– in Apartment 23: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: Officially cancelled.
GCB: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Last Man Standing: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Man Up: Officially cancelled.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
MissingToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Pan Am: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Private Practice: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Revenge: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The RiverToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Scandal: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Shark TankA safe bet. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Work It: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.

CBS
2 Broke Girls: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Amazing Race
: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: Officially renewed.
Blue Bloods: A safe betOfficially renewed.
Criminal Minds: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: A safe bet. A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: Miami: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
CSI: NY: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially renewed.
A Gifted Man: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Good Wife: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Hawaii Five-0: A safe betOfficially renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: Officially renewed.
How to Be a Gentleman: Officially cancelled.
The Mentalist: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Mike & Molly: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: Los Angeles: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NYC 22: A long shot. Officially cancelled.
Person of Interest: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Rob: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Rules of Engagement: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed
SurvivorOfficially renewed.
Two and a Half Men: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Undercover Boss: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Unforgettable: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled. Plucked from the ashes and renewed!

FOX
Alcatraz: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Allen Gregory: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
American Dad: Officially renewed.
American Idol: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Bob’s Burgers: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Bones: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Breaking In: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Cleveland Show: Officially renewed.
Family Guy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Finder: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Glee: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
House: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
I Hate My Teenage Daughter: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Kitchen Nightmares: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Napoleon Dynamite: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
New Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Raising Hope: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Simpsons: Officially renewed.
Terra Nova: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Touch: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
The X Factor: Officially renewed.

NBC
30 Rock: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Are You There, Chelsea?: Too early to tell. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Awake: Could go either way. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Bent: A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Best Friends Forever: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Biggest Loser: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Celebrity Apprentice: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Chuck: Already canceled; two-hour series finale aired Jan. 27.
Community: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Fashion Star: Officially renewed.
Free Agents: Officially cancelled.
Grimm: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Harry’s Law: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Law & Order: SVU: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Office: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed
Parenthood: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Parks and Recreation: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Playboy Club: Officially cancelled.
Prime Suspect: Officially canceled.
Smash: Too early to tell. Officially renewed.
The Firm: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Up All Night: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Voice (Season 3): A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Whitney: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Who Do You Think You Are?: Officially cancelled.

THE CW
90210: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
America’s Next Top Model: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Gossip Girl: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
H8R: Officially cancelled.
Hart of Dixie: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Nikita: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Officially cancelled; series finale aired April 4.
Remodeled: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Ringer: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Secret Circle: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Supernatural: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewals

1. Nikita is one of those shows that catch the eye of the viewer. Many of the people who I show this tv show to seem to want more. They want to see what happens & it appeals to both women & man. Women for the female stength shown & man for the beautiful women who can work a gun. I can see this show being on for at least 6-8 seasons.

2. Anya DeGarcia says:

I agree Nikita is like one of the best shows on The CW hell on TV. I wish they never cancel this show.

3. matt says:

NBC should at least give Harry’s Law 11-13 eps. You know they will need a show to replace all the junk they have backed so far!

4. is a gifted man canceled?

5. Laurie S. says:

Wow…NBC cancelled Awake and Whitney? What the hell are they smoking over there!

6. xoxojm says:

Glad we’ll be getting another season of Hart of Dixie but kind of upset that The Secret Circle was cancelled. I’ll definitely be missing Phoebe Tonkin as Faye though. Maybe she can do a guest role on The Vampire Diaries with her Aussie BFFL, Claire Holt!

7. Eddie says:

Freakin mindless reality shows. Anything that takes hald a brain to understand gets cancelled and the commercialized CRAP gets cancelled. I loved The River!

8. Coach G says:

nbc: no brain company-Harry’s Law was one of the best written,talent laden shows on any network. But then again, you would have to have GREY Matter to understand and comprehend. Keep feeding the mass of moronic minds that REALITY BS.Who runs this disaster of a network anyway?! Kathy, we hope someone picks you up so we can keep following the tangled web of legalese that you weave-WE LOVE YOU!

9. lori says:

so what about that “closer” on late hrs? Like it alot good show in spite of her makeup.
    Wasn’t there something called “Finder? ” also good. What is deal with Sunny in Philadelphia? Great when not annoying so addictive!

10. Astrid says:

I’m pretty sure they cancelled A Gifted Man and renewed Two and A Half Man now!

11. “Fringe: A long-shot. Could go either way. A safe bet. A sure thing. A safe bet. Officially renewed.”

Quite the rollercoaster ride for Fringe’s chances this year wasn’t it.

12. Steven says:

Please Update This As “The Office” Has Been Renewed.

13. becks says:

Well how odd. That ‘safe bet’ Unforgettable done and dusted. It might have had over twelve million viewers but it had dire demo ratings. This should finally show that demo ratings count way more than viewers and you should plan your renewal scorecard more on these lines next year. Otherwise I have to spend half my time at work explaining to fans of ‘hit’shows why they’ve been canceled.

14. Joy says:

I remember many years ago, the first season of JAG was on NBC and then they cancelled it. CBS was smart enough to pick it up. I believe it had a 10 year run and now NCIS is a spin off from that..
    I’m wondering if any of the cancelled shows will be picked up by others.
    My personal picks would be to see GCB—-that show is so darned funny (IMO) and Unforgettable. I’m sorry to be losing these two.

15. GFS says:

Sad about losing GCB and The Finder. VERY happy Grimm made the cut.

16. SUSAN BOYLE says:

i protest!!! harry’s law is one of the most entertaining shows ever…what a shame that they didn’t give it another chance. it would have picked up…i have to say that it was a highlight of my week.
    it dealt with serious subjects but had enough laughs in it to lighten anybody’s mood. so sorry!
    also with csi miami and the good wife on sundays, they get messed up by the football games. i have to watch csi miami on my computer and the good wife in the miami slot…so crazy…..s. boyle, tampa, fl

17. wendy says:

I can’t believe they cancelled Harry’s Law!! I so love this show!!!

18. Demonata X says:

CBS you suck unforgettable is the bomb, CW you stink The Ringer and The Secret Circle are way better than that crap Hart of Dixie. THE RINGER AND THE SECRET CIRCLE RULE and it actually has action not counrty crap.
    Maybe you shouldn’t start awesome show if your gonna replace them with crap YOU’LL SUCK S@#$ B#%@%@%

19. Kriszta says:

Thank you CBS! CS:NY rules! :)

20. Retired Navy says:

Im betting that we will be unduated with crappy reality tv shows that no one gives a darn about.. i understand that writers can not write anymore and that all they do is rehash old shows and movies.. but give us a break NO REALITY TV SHOWS they are for the feeble minded and have no purpose..

21. Watcher says:

OTH shouldn’t have “Cancelled” next to it, it got renewed one last time and ended on it’s own terms.

22. Scott says:

SAVE THE SECRET CIRCLE. WE ALREADY HAVE OVER 10,00O SIGNATURES. WE NEED A LOT MORE PEOPLE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TRY TO SAVE THIS SHOW OR GET ANOTHER NETWORK INTERESTED IN BUYING IT. SIGN THIS NOW! http://twitition.com/6m2vl

23. Janice says:

Unbelievable! They get rid of Missing, GCB and PanAm and keep shows like The Bachelor and Bachelorette. Reality shows are disgusting. First of all it is all scripted.

24. Anna Karina says:

Any word about the cable shows?

25. Diane says:

Really Who do I contact to get GCB back !!!!!!! WHY I loved this show!!!!!!

26. angelstorm says:

What happened with Unforgettable !! It went from Safe bet to canelled :(
    That makes me sad. I liked that show !

27. Carrie says:

not Harry’s Law! I loved that show!!! And I like Whitney although I see a bunch of yall dont. I love her sense of humor. We also love Parenthood, NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii Five O, Blue Bloods, How i met your mother, Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, The Voice, The Client List, The Killing, Breakout Kings, Against the Wall (will it be back???),

28. Christina Belville says:

I was just about to watch the season finale of The Secret Circle on Hulu… I am sad/

29. Emaegf says:

So how many renewals and how many cancellations for the season where there?

30. Restmom says:

Sad about The Finder.So charming and smartly acted and written

31. uzxc55I4 says:

Every single one of these networks SUCKS.. every single person on the network board needs to be fired.

32. Cassie says:

I can’t believe they’re cancelling GCB!!! It’s a great show with an amazing cast.I always look forward to GCB and Once Upon a Time. I’m extremely disappointed that such a great show was canceled so early. I’m a HUGE fan of Annie Potts, Leslie Bibb and Kristin Chenoweth. Seriously sad. Big mistake ABC, you really need to reconsider…

• Dawn says:

I absolutely agree. It was well acted and good show to watch. Extremely disappointed that ABC didnt give them a better chance.

33. judith says:

Harrys Law was one of my favorites, along with Desperate Housewives. Hate to see them both go. but the one I say farewell to is CSI Miami, that red headed man and that blonde woman need to go back to acting school.

34. RP says:

REALLY Disappointed that THE FINDER didn’t make it. I thought the episode of BONES was great and then the show came out!! It was hilarious!! Like Psych only with more emotion and depth, and a few good values added to the funny. They always leave on the brainless fake reality shows like bachelor, etc. I’m sorry but if you want to watch a man date 20 women to see which one is “suppose to be his true love” watch day time soaps. At least the acting is better.

35. Dawn says:

Cant believe the CW cancelled Ringer!! Why. It was smartly written, i thought. I hate gettin invested in shows because of this.

36. mehreeen says:

The Firm definitely deserved a second season. Love the show. Much better than many that have been renewed.

37. Chelsea says:

I can honestly say, aside from The River and Gifted Man getting canceled, I’m extremely pleased with the renewals this year.

Except Fringe. Fringe got really stupid when they started dealing with the alternate universe and I quickly lost interest in it- I’m hoping since they were renewed that they’ll dive back the cases.

38. Mary Anne says:

Can not believe that NBC CANCELED my 2 favorite SHOWS !! AWAKE & HARRYS LAW !!! What is wrong with NBC !!! Very disappointed VIEWER !!

39. Yash says:

Really liked AWAKE and ALCATRAZ…. Wish they had been renewd…. It really hurts when you are left with an unfinished story….. :(

40. Good boss says:

I will “miss” Missing. In the old days, TV execs used to give shows a little more time before they dropped them. Missing is well written, very suspenseful, and like good action shows, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. The acting is very good – especially Ashley Judd, the guy who plays her friend/love interest (Interpol agent), and the guy that plays her son.
    Maybe America’s t-v watching public are just into the sleeze, don’t use your brain type of stuff, or (and this is most likely the situation) management at the networks sucks like a lot of businesses in the country these days. It seems like the least qualified rise to the ranks of upper management in business because they’re the ones who least threaten anyone with talent! Doesn’t anyone have the balls anymore to hire talent that might be better than themselves? That’s why all the good shows go so quickly, no one has a sense of what might be good if you hang in there.

41. Carm says:

The Firm, Harry’s Law and Unforgettable should get picked up by another network!!
    I loved those shows. They had great mystery, Drama and comedy.
    NBC and CBS you made a mistake!! Hope ALL your NEW SHOWS FLOP!!!

42. patricia says:

I can’t believe that they are renewing two and a half men. Ashton Kutcher sucks he can’t act his way out of a paper. They should just leave Berta, Evelyn, Allan , Rose, Jake who I feel is not as a good actor when he was little, he is ok.I think the show would be still funny.

43. Leah says:

Omg Terra Nova has been cancelled!!! Fox needs to bring it back, it was so good!!!

44. Laetitia says:

What the hell were they thinking cancelling GCB?!?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously what were they thinking. Oops, sorry they were not thinking. My bad.

45. Christy says:

Really going to miss GCB!

46. I like the outcome of the list except for the cancellation of UNFORGETTABLE, ARE YOU THERE CHELSEA? and ROB. Mainly UNFORGETTABLE. I loved that show. Maybe another network will pick it up like they did with COUGAR TOWN….

47. Unknown.. says:

I can’t beleive their getting rid of TSC, Awake.. Alcatraz! .. Pissed me off when they cancelled terra nova.. They’ll being in new shows and cancel them to bring in stupid reality shows.. How many bachelor shows did the couples stay together in the end? NONE.. Friggin pointless.. Just stupid show drama n bitchy girls wanting a man who is an idiot?…. I like shows like vampire diaries, revenge, supernatural, THE FIRM, OUAT, person of interest ETC… Then they bring is reality shows that are waste of time..

Awake I thought was an interesting show! Makes u think what’s goin on, who is after him, how’d he get to this 2 reality worlds..

The secret circle… Ends with diana leaving with a guy with no history of who he is, who he works for.. Cassie is getting stronger, Adam takes the skull.. Probly becomes drk power hungry,. Faye is power hungry n jealous of Cassie.. These 4 balcoin kids at the end of the show.. Like it is possible to do a second season.. …

They kept smallville on for 7 seasons??.. I stopped watching it at 3-4 ?? It became stupid.. Killed most off. Storyline wasn’t the same anymore..

I wish they would keep shows that are interesting then renewing GG , 90210( it was hip when it first came out in the 90’s)….

48. C says:

I am annoyed that CSI Miami got the axe and the other two CSI series are gonna continue on NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR at all. I cry Foul…….

49. Kelly says:

ove Once upon a time, the big bang theory, and was just getting into The Finder. I used to love two and a half men when charlie was still on the show….I hafe it now!!! I think fringe is a really odd show. The finale of desperate housewives was pretty good. Now I am looking forward to the NCIS season finale.

50. Ang says:

I am so sad that The Finder, Secret Circle and The Ringer have all been cancelled….those were the majority of great new shows that had started this year and now after only one season they cancel them!! :( And CSI: Miami was the better of the 3 CSI shows, WTH! Those first three shows I named ended making you want more and to know what happened, why end a show like that if you are cancelling it, ERRRR!!!