2012 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble?

TV’s uneasy season is upon us. From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows will be back next fall and which will be join Lie to Me, Brothers & Sisters and Ghost Whisperer over at the MIA Network. (For the last time, MIA is fictional people; stop scouring your on-screen channel guide now.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the bubble, we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet. We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so I strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. And for the record, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Getting Married, Dying, Breaking Up, Etc!

ABC
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Charlie’s Angels: Officially cancelled.
Cougar Town: Could go either way. Officially renewed… by TBS!
Dancing With the StarsA sure thing. Officially renewed!
Desperate Housewives: Officially cancelled; series finale aired May 13.
Don’t Trust That B—– in Apartment 23: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: Officially cancelled.
GCB: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Last Man Standing: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Man Up: Officially cancelled.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
MissingToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Pan Am: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Private Practice: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Revenge: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The RiverToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Scandal: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Shark TankA safe bet. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Work It: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.

CBS
2 Broke Girls: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Amazing Race
: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: Officially renewed.
Blue Bloods: A safe betOfficially renewed.
Criminal Minds: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: A safe bet. A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: Miami: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
CSI: NY: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially renewed.
A Gifted Man: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Good Wife: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Hawaii Five-0: A safe betOfficially renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: Officially renewed.
How to Be a Gentleman: Officially cancelled.
The Mentalist: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Mike & Molly: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: Los Angeles: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NYC 22: A long shot. Officially cancelled.
Person of Interest: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Rob: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Rules of Engagement: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed
SurvivorOfficially renewed.
Two and a Half Men: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Undercover Boss: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Unforgettable: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled. Plucked from the ashes and renewed!

FOX
Alcatraz: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Allen Gregory: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
American Dad: Officially renewed.
American Idol: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Bob’s Burgers: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Bones: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Breaking In: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Cleveland Show: Officially renewed.
Family Guy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Finder: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Fringe: A long-shot. Could go either way. A safe bet. A sure thing. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Glee: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
House: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
I Hate My Teenage Daughter: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Kitchen Nightmares: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Napoleon Dynamite: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
New Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Raising Hope: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Simpsons: Officially renewed.
Terra Nova: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Touch: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
The X Factor: Officially renewed.

NBC
30 Rock: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Are You There, Chelsea?: Too early to tell. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Awake: Could go either way. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Bent: A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Best Friends Forever: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Biggest Loser: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Celebrity Apprentice: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Chuck: Already canceled; two-hour series finale aired Jan. 27.
Community: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Fashion Star: Officially renewed.
Free Agents: Officially cancelled.
Grimm: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Harry’s Law: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Law & Order: SVU: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Office: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed
Parenthood: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Parks and Recreation: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Playboy Club: Officially cancelled.
Prime Suspect: Officially canceled.
Smash: Too early to tell. Officially renewed.
The Firm: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Up All Night: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Voice (Season 3): A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Whitney: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Who Do You Think You Are?: Officially cancelled.

THE CW
90210: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
America’s Next Top Model: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Gossip Girl: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
H8R: Officially cancelled.
Hart of Dixie: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Nikita: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Officially cancelled; series finale aired April 4.
Remodeled: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Ringer: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Secret Circle: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Supernatural: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

Comments (1,295)

• Oh thank god CSI: [insert city here] is still on. O_o

Comment by michaelb – May 9, 2012 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh, update this list with the LA Complex! I want to know if it’s coming back. I know we’re only 3 episodes in but I am totally hooked. Hopefully even if it doesn’t stay on the CW it’ll stay on in Canada and I can find it online somewhere.

Comment by Christy – May 9, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “The LA Complex” was already renewed for a second season in Canada. Question remains: Will The CW air it, too?

Comment by Lambsilencer – May 12, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on NYC22? I notice it’s not even on the list. I really like that show, surprisingly (not a big fan of cop shows).

Comment by Murph – May 9, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Community doesn’t get renewed I will pull a Star-Burns and get myself killed in a meth lab explosion…stolen lab equipment and all!

Comment by Angie – May 9, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ughh I originally said the CW should cancel Ringer,Nikita, and that I though ANTM was over kill by now..But Ive just spent the last two days watching Ringer and I love this show..I follow it till about the 3rd episode and lost faith but decided I should give it another shot..It could go on so much longer from here.. Bridget deserves to be happy with Andrew and Juliet..Henry well their’s really no reason for him anymore along with the dective, well no he could search for Malcom.. Bridget still need tos confrot her sister and those baby girl need to be with their real father and Julit and briget.. Praying for a second season, and hope it gets it..If not a full order but a half to close the story line for the fans like they did for Life Unexpected and One Tree Hill

Comment by Amber – May 9, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Justified, any news on that? It’s not listed anywhere above.

Comment by Dean – May 10, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s cable TV, not broadcast. But rest easy, it’s already renewed for a fourth season.

Comment by Lambsilencer – May 12, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will say the guy who plays Mac Taylor on Csi NY. It’s ashamed he won’t have a job as much as he does for our troops and helps them pray for them thanks please renew !!!!

Comment by jibjabjer – May 10, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougar Town got renewed! On a different network, but still!

Comment by madhatter360 – May 10, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would like to see TBS pickup Bent also…Cougar town and Bent would be a good combo.

Comment by quar jackson – May 10, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep Pan Am!

Comment by Marvin – May 10, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK CHUCK.

Comment by Becks – May 10, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate it that Alcatraz is ending. I love Body of Proof. I really hate watching ANYTHING new b/c u hate to invest time in it when they are only going to cancel it the following May. Instead of coming up w/ 15000 more shows in development, work on making better the ones that are good & dont pull in the larger numbers. Thats just IMHO.

Comment by Glo – May 11, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks, I really enjoyed the finder. Oh well, just goes to show with the shows that FOX are cancelling this year and the ones they decided to keep, that they are really scraping the bottom (except for Bones & Fringe). Some people want to be entertained, but I guess the powers that be at FOX don’t care

Comment by Gina Stendardo – May 11, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok… just waiting to hear from The CW now… *biting nails waiting to hear about Nikita and Ringer (and to a slightly lesser degree, The Secret Circle– I liked it, but won’t be devastated if it isn’t renewed)* (And my husband & I both watch Supernatural, so I’d say it appeals to both sexes)

Comment by Moryssa – May 11, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything about Enlightened?

Comment by countingtheyears – May 11, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so pissed! 2 of my favorites cancelled!! Harrys Law & Ringer!! If they cancel PP I will only watch USA.

Comment by Karen – May 11, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE that Cougar Town now says “officially renewed.” So happy about the TBS news!

Comment by Liz – May 11, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want The Secret Circle !!! I love it! <3
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Antoniya Hristova Mihneva – May 11, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The secret circle should have another season!!! Cancel dancing with the stars, who cares about people dancing round week after week!

Comment by Reana – May 11, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really the finder is cancled? Really? That is like the best show ever… err i feel like i could cry right now.

Comment by sara – May 11, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t get why ABC leaves reality shows like the bachelor and bachelorette?? instead of good shows like Pan Am or GCB they leave reality trash like that!!the only good show they have left is Revenge!

Comment by gina – May 11, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I’m confused, in the email I got it says “The CW has renewed Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle. Ringer, meanwhile, has been cancelled.” but here it says that The Secret Circle is canceled. Which it is?

Comment by Staci – May 11, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I look up the wiki because your comment made me concern cause I love secret circle but it does say as of today it has been cancel =(

Comment by Amber – May 11, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I luvd terra nova n GCB… I’m mad dey r cancelld. Its hard to enjoy a show bcuz u neva knw if dey r gnna get pckd bck up…

Comment by mad vicky – May 11, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe I got in to alcatraz and then they can it.. and gcb… how the hell can they end the show with amanad kissing the pastor and then axe the show.. not cool.

Comment by kleigh – May 11, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know pastor Tudor and Amanda kissing, I knew he liked her 2 episodes ago, never get to see what happens next, maybe please please it gets picked up by another station, tbs,TNT whatever that T station is that picked up cougar town.

Comment by dawna – May 11, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Y’all suck donkey dicks for canceling The Finder. My husband and I LOVE that show. You cancel The Finder yet keep all those stupid reality shows. I just don’t understand. *smh*

Comment by Christy Hudson Cooper – May 11, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REALLY, Ringer and Missing cancelled…Get rid of all the CSI and NCIS crap. How many different cities do they need to make???

Comment by s – May 11, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHy are my favorites getting canceled? Pan Am was great! So was GCB! I enjoy Grey’s, Scandle, Castle, Body of Proof, Charlie’s Angels, Suburbatory and many others! Thay cants just get rid of them! And dont even get me started on when Lie to Me and Brothers & Sisters were cancelled! I was furious!

Comment by Katherine – May 11, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so out raged that the secret circle is canclled that show was so much very put togeather then other shows well you can bet alot of people will be disapointed just as much as i am

Comment by crystal – May 11, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that they are cancelling Ringer and that HOUSE will end. I like GBC too, great escapism, fun, lighthearted. Oh well, more time on the internet I guess.

Comment by Watcher – May 11, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about American Horror Story?

Comment by Sarah – May 11, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Secret Circle… Really!?!?!

Comment by Vanya – May 11, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so mad right now I really was hoping The Secret Circle would come back on me and my family would get together and watch it all together and also we would then play a family game together…it has helped us become closer and being to all watch a tv show we all like.

Comment by Yalisse – May 12, 2012 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy about Nikita still I might explode…long live Nikita & great job everyone who believes in this amazing show!

Comment by ndavika – May 12, 2012 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on ‘Sanctuary’ from SyFy Channel?

Comment by Annie93 – May 12, 2012 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not yet, but to be honest, I wouldn’t hold my breath. Slim chance of renewal.

Comment by Lambsilencer – May 12, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so pissed at the CW for cancelling Ringer and The Secret Circle and are keeping thw dumb show like the Top Model. ugghh I also really wish that they would stop canceling them without giving them a proper send off. CW you suck, the ratings for each of these shows weren’t that bad and were actually picking up. One season isn’t enough of a guage IMO!!!

Comment by Claire – May 12, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday needs GCB!!

Comment by Laura – May 12, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA, FX and TNT have the best shows on tv. ABC once again has let me down by cancelling Missing. But they kept The B in Apt. 23? Are you kidding me? I don’t watch CBS shows or too many NBC shows. I heard Alcatraz was canceled too. That’s a damn shame. Alcatraz was very interesting.

Comment by Kaiser – May 12, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney over bent? Not cool nbc

Comment by Andy – May 12, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what? Ringer Officialy Canceled? this is just plain stupid.

Comment by Elizabeth. – May 12, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there a way to save GCB? I read a few of the comments, and from what I’ve read the show had devoted viewers. I am no network planner, I do not make any scientific predictions of Nielsen ratings, I do not understand nor care who likes which show why and when, so I am not trying to start a war between different shows lovers. All I am saying is that I liked GCB and I would like to know if there is a way to save GCB. And if there is any official from the network out there polite enough to answer, why the show was cancelled. Was it all because of the ratings or was it partly the Network being a coward, sorry make that being cautious due to the intolerant waves from the Christian “authorities”?

Comment by Lilly – May 12, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they let Prime Suspect go! That was an amazing show! Poor poor choice! How can Whitney make it back when quaility shows like Awake and PS get cancelled?????

Comment by Robin – May 12, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hurt by Alcatraz and The River…. WAHHH

Comment by Shaniqua – May 12, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so disappointed to hear that GCB got canceled. I loved that show and had lots of laughs at the tongue in cheek humour. With so much trash on tv it was refreshing to see something different. Now that both it and Desperate Housewives got axed I guess I’ll be watching less TV.

Comment by Gayle – May 12, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what in the world are you people thinking, don’t cancel Missing, Prime Suspect and please confirm CSI NY is coming back. Come on!

Comment by Susie Gretzinger – May 12, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are the networks (notworks) going to wise up — they keep the FIXED Disgusting Bachelor, Bachelorette and Dancing (stumbling) with the Stars, Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice,,etc nonsense but cancel GCB (hysterical), Harry’s Law, The Firm, A Gifted Man, Secret Circle and possibly CSI NY which are 100% better than non-reality even on a mediocre day.. I will not watch any of the reality shows they are horrible and fixed before it even starts shooting…

Comment by WakeupNetworks – May 12, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It might have to do w/money. Reality shows are much cheaper to make plus if it’s a big hit then stars need tons of dough; yet sometimes they forego that.

Comment by lori – May 13, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Ringer, Missing and Secret Circle was amongst some of my favorite shows, very dissapointed to see them go…..

Comment by Lexi – May 12, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the secet circle and GCB needs a second season people on facebook is already protesting for secret circle to be given a second season help them by going on there and likeing it

Comment by mark – May 12, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do u have a link to secret circle petiton on facebook..or is it just the secret circle page it self

Comment by Amber – May 12, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay so you cancel Ringer and The Secret Circle without endings to make us what? At least do a one time movie to let us know what happens! I love these shows and get so angry when you cancel them after one season. At least give them two seasons so you can give them an ending.

Comment by Joyce – May 12, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is really sad that the networks don’t show respect for actors or viewers that are not in their 18-49 demographic. Harry’s Law and Missing in Action featured actresses who are either just inside or just outside the top end of that group (18-49). We need role models of all shapes, sizes, and ages; and some of us just plainly enjoyed watching Kathy Bates match wits with everyone, and watching Ashley Judd outwit and outfight everyone each week. Then you want to take CSI New York off? CBS I am so disappointed in you. Again, you are taking a terrific team out of commission-one of the ultimate examples of teamwork in television drama today. Finally, there’s PAN AM. If you lived your early teen and teen years in the 1960′s, you had an opportunity each week to remember what made that time so diverse and interesting. We had so many changes in the world, in our culture as a country, and though they were not always good, they formed the backbone of many of our experiences and our opinions. Certainly I am glad that so many of my favorites will be back such as the NCIS crews, Blue Bloods, Body of Proof, and so on. But without “Harry,” “Becca,” “Mac,” and those beautiful crews in blue, my weekend (when I watch my DVR) will be a little less fun and entertaining. Get with it, networks-television isn’t only watched by the 18-49 crew!!!!

Comment by Colleen Arnowitz – May 12, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love your up to date scorecard, for me some shockers, but again I have given up trying to think I get the networks. A lot of shows I love renewed, and some are history, and waiting for CSI NY, basically know it’s history, but still loved last nights episode.

Comment by Loves Her TV – May 12, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post