TVLine Items: Horror Story Season 2 Scoop, Guiding Light Exhumed on DVD and More!

American Horror Story‘s inaugural season has come and gone, but an unsolved mystery lingers.

Elaborating on a hint he dropped to reporters last week, AHS boss Ryan Murphy says a major clue regarding where Season 2 will take place and who might take part can be found in the penultimate Season 1 episode titled “Birth.”

“Go through it frame by frame,” Murphy challenged fans in an interview with EW.com. “I planted it in there.”

Thankfully, the folks over at TheInsider.com did just that and came away with five possible Season 2 settings, including Florida (where Vivien’s sister resides) and London (where Vivien’s doctor is located).

Meanwhile, if you missed Horror Story‘s finale the first time around, TVLine has learned that FX will air an encore on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 4 am.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Guiding Light fans, rejoice! WeLoveSoaps.com reports that a “Classics” DVD set will hit shelves in mid-January, featuring 20 memorable episodes from the late sudser.

• A slew of celebs are coming on down to The Price Is Right to battle it out for a good cause. Beginning Monday, Jan. 2, Snoop Dogg, Jenny McCarthy, Neil Patrick Harris, Chris Daughtry and Heidi Klum will compete for charity on CBS’ long-running game show.

Disney’s Jake and the Never Land Pirates will air a primetime special on Monday, Feb. 13, with Season 2 of the animated series officially launching Feb. 20 at 8:30 am.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (50)

• That picture of Connie from the show makes it look like a zany romantic comedy.

Comment by DryedMangoez – December 29, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As for the new location of AHS, my guess is Roanoke, Virginia.

Comment by Bad Breaker – December 29, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How exactly is it going to be an American Horror Story if it takes place in London?

Comment by Dean – December 29, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. Unless they want to set it at the US Embassy, which I believe is American soil, London doesn’t seem like a great choice for American Horror Story.

Comment by Jessica – December 29, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, the US Embassy in London is not on American Soil. It’s due to a grudge that goes back to the Revolutionary War.

I know this because I used to live there.

Comment by Matt – January 6, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What a mong

Comment by Chris – January 7, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could be Americans being in London……

Comment by ScottB – December 29, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because there are no Americans in London at all. Ever.

Comment by Jacob – December 29, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well the show isn’t called “An American Horror Story”…it’s “American Horror story”. My first thought was also how dumb it would be to have a season take place in London – and not in America.

Comment by davey – December 30, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the theory about season 2 focusing on the sister in Florida, it’s the most likely of them all.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 29, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I think it’s going to be Florida (not only the location of Vivan’s sister, but also Ryan Murphy has previous experience with setting shows down there) or Boston. There is something overtly creepy about the idea of setting it in Boston durring the winter, especially if the rumors are true that it would be taking place on a college campus.

Comment by Tommy – December 29, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHS can be watched on Cable DVR Demand anytime. I have, several times, actually.

Comment by nitemar – December 29, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should do a Mexican Horror Story, it be very creepy

Comment by fernando – December 29, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It could, they have enough stories to tell with those mummies down in Guanajuato. Creepy is an understatement! :(

Comment by tahina – December 29, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to know where they came up with London. Florida was talked about a lot but since Murphy talks about going through “frame by frame” that would suggest a visual clue. Either way, can’t wait until season 2.

Comment by Nov – December 29, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They got the London idea because the last two names of Vivian’s doctors are a place in London, but that could be a complete coincidence. I’d assume it’s a visual clue as well, might just re-watch it tomorrow and try to find it!

Comment by Charlotte – February 1, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Viv comes back from the hospital, they pull up in a car with Massachusetts plates. I think it will be in Mass, maybe Salem? That would be great.

Comment by Christopher – December 29, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I noticed that too. Does an Oct. tag with number 14ZQ83 mean anything :)

Comment by Nov – December 29, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quick question, why are they just now putting soap operas on DVD after they are cancelled? I ask because they could of been a way for the shows to gain extra revenue to help stay on the air. I know that my aunts would love a dvd of Luke & Laura or Erica Kane.

Comment by Katie – December 29, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing – had the networks given any of the now cancelled soaps a chance, dvd sales could’ve been a way to help off set costs and plenty of fans would love to get their hands on old shows since there is no chance to rewatch them like regular shows that get put into syndication. Quite obvious that when it comes to the idea of helping the soaps stay afloat, networks would just rather claim they are not viable rather than actually look for ways to keep them going.
      Still, the release of Guiding Light shows onto dvd gives me some hope that maybe, just maybe, ABC would be kind enough to pull that alternate ending for All My Children out of their vaults and put that on dvd for us devoted fans to get a real ending since the Prospect Park rescue isn’t happening…

Comment by Tess – December 29, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How can you say that shows that have been on for decades weren’t “given a chance?” Sorry, but they aren’t that popular anymore. It makes no business sense to keep producing something that isn’t making money or pulling in the ratings. It is what it is.

Comment by Kim – December 29, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Networks don’t put out dvd’s, production studios do. Often they’re affiliated, that’s true, but the revenue of the dvd’s doesn’t necessarily go to the same company. So unless the production company decides to start putting out dvds and uses the extra income to lower the production price per episode, this plan wouldn’t work. Considering the added risk of the dvd’s not selling well (enough), I don’t think a lot of production companies would be quick to do that.

Comment by Mitholas – December 30, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The secret might not have anything to do with the location… Ryan didn’t say that. The EW article says ‘Ryan Murphy told the media last week that season 2 would be a complete reboot of the show with a new location and new cast. He also teased that the secret to next season could be found’ with no mention of the location being ‘the secret’.

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – December 29, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t there a hint a while ago about a show relocating to new york?

Comment by Tom – December 29, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure that was Revenge.

Comment by davey – December 30, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am wondering dose season 2 envolve the harmon family and the langdon at all cause if it dosnt im gonna bitch someone out!

Comment by violet – December 29, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It involves Constance but I don’t think it involves the Harmons much at all :( god dammit!!!

Comment by Lils89 – December 29, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I loved the Harmons. Specifically Britton and Farmiga’s characters. Plus, I have a weird crush on the deranged Tate, and I really want to see more of him.

Comment by Miranda – December 29, 2011 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It doesn’t involve any of them. He’s even said that the same actors might be returning as different characters, which completely rules out any chance of any of the old characters returning.

Comment by Melanie – December 31, 2011 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan Murphy said that next season would not involve any of the same characters…some of the same actors, perhaps, but you can safely say that the Langdons and the Harmons are gone, for now at least.

I love this…it feels like a 13 hour long episode of the Twilight Zone. It feels like this has become an anthology series. I think that is brilliant and certainly worthy of Murphy’s talents.

Comment by Lee – December 29, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it takes place in a prison, couldn’t involve Larry, who went to Colorado for the murder of Constance’s boy toy?

Comment by JDub – December 29, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Larry went to Illinois…not to Colorado!

Comment by Eve – December 30, 2011 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t go frame-by-frame but my personal guess is an old-timey amusement park. A ferris wheel toy in the attic(?) was included in several shots with Tate.

Comment by Liz – December 30, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like this theory. That could be fun. Seems less obvious than an asylum or a prison.

Comment by Mitholas – December 30, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the theory that it will take place in a prison or asylum. Didn’t Ryan Murphy specify that it would NOT be in a single family dwelling this time? An asylum or prison would fit that clue and think of the possibilities for ghosts who met cruel ends.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – December 30, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • was it in this episode (birth) that the medium was explaining how trauma attracts darkness, or something like that. she was talking about the house and how it attracts bad things and makes bad things happen because so many bad things did happened there. and then she said something about prisons, and peoples truama’s there. i think were on to something.

Comment by gab – January 13, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can’t be something that the characters said. It has to be an image or an actual name because Murphy said to go through frame by frame not scene by scene.

Comment by Badabing – January 4, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come nobody thinks it’s the newhart show? Its the perfect setup! An old inn located in a town filled with weirdos in vermont… soooo perfect. Hell, he could flesh most of the season’s plot by stealing half of the weird crap that happened in newhart! Not to mention…. the bob newhart show…. where he plays a psychologist…. and then…. the reality altering endings to both shows….. it just makes too much sense….. its newhart…. the secret is newhart!

Comment by me – January 4, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I TOTALLY agree with “Comment by me”! The opening scene in “Birth” episode is of Bob Newhart in ’84. That show took place at an inn in Vermont! Seemed like an obscure sitcom to use for 1984 since you had “Cheers” and “Cosby” etc…, anyways…,I Can’t freakin’ wait!!!

Comment by joe – January 4, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do wish they would continue the antichrist storyline…. I mean, what’s more ultimate than that? They started the end of the world scenario… they should finish it. They can’t just move on without addressing it in some way. The only way I see getting around it is having the next season take place in the 80′s…. like newhart. A prequel season! Prequels are cop outs. I hate prequels. I prefer moving forward… in order.

Comment by me – January 6, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The clue is in the opening moments of “Birth”. Three black and white pictures flash quickly. They occur on top of the little box that young tate slides under the table that Constance’s bank notices are on. You must pause or go frame by frame to see them. You can tell that they are deliberately put there. Although, I cannot yet tell what they are of or the meaning, but I just found it tonight.

Comment by Austin Hicks – January 11, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The clue is in the opening moments of “Birth”. It occurs with three black and white pictures flashing quickly. You must pause or go frame by frame to see them. They appear on top of the box that young tate slides under the table that Constance’s mail from the bank is on. I haven’t figured out what they are or mean yet. I have theories but not certain as i just discovered this.

Comment by Austin – January 12, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when the medium chick is explaining the darkness of the house to violet, she says “you’ll see it all the time in places like prisons or asylums, negative energy feeds on things like truama and pain”.
    I think this is the clue Murphy is talking about. It makes sense, i mean, there was no real motive or reason for the medium chick to even mention prisons or asylums, she could have made her point just fine without mentioning them. i think it was purposefully put in there in order to give us the clue. season 2 will be set in either a prison or an asylum.

Comment by gab – January 13, 2012 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring ahs to Joplin mo. Are town is a wiped out ghost town. A lil Erie around here, might film something you would wanna see

Comment by jeff – January 15, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the great post about the next season of American Horror Story. I’m looking forward to reading a lot more of your site in the future.

Comment by american horror story season 1 dvd – January 18, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post