Nikita Hot Shots: Michael and Owen Team Up to Take Down Percy's Guardians!

Nikita‘s second season resumes with a vengeance on Jan. 6, and as you can see via the following first look photo gallery, the oft at-odds Michael and Owen team up — sans Nikita — to take out the bad guys.

With Nikita on an out-of-town mission with onetime protégé Alex, the frenemies are left to hunt down Percy’s remaining Guardians on their own. More importantly, it gives Michael and Owen a chance to bond over a (teensy) cup of joe!

View all of the pics below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: How excited are you for the CW thriller’s 2012 kickoff?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Photo Gallery, Previews

1. RichieOnTV says:

If Nikita doesn’t get renewed for season 3, I will find everybody responsible and cancel them! ALL OF THEM!

2. January says:

So so so excited for this show to return. Miss Nikita so much!!

3. Peter B says:

Can’t see this show getting renewed even on the CW. They’ve gone through about 6 seasons of plot twists already and the show this season is borderline absurd. Last few episodes were better but I have no issue letting this show stack on the DVR for weeks.

This is coming from a HUGE season 1 fan.. Watched it every week and from a fan of the original Nikita series on USA + La Femme Nikita + Point of No Return. This show just isn’t that good anymore, sad to say. IMO they ruined the show by rushing through so much last year. In their defense I don’t blame them because they are fighting for a 2nd season on day 1 but still.

• Emily says:

Have to agree. I loved season 1, there were so many good twists and storylines. But I really haven’t warmed to this season. There’s been one or two good episodes but overall, it’s nowhere near season 1.

4. MeMe says:

Maybe if CW actually promoted the show, it could get higher ratings/make money and actually stand a chance? CW has been a total fail for this series. I would rather see the stunts be cut then see this show be cancelled.

5. Jamie says:

Cosigned.

6. Sabrina says:

Nikita is a good show with solid production and writing behind it. The cast is talented, gorgeous and full of chemistry. The 10 million people who watch Castle is who should be watching Nikita but do those ten million even know the show exists? No they do not. Poor marketing and sloppy promotion is killing this series.

• Audrey says:

Castle and Nikita have little in common– mostly, both targets women demographics. Other than that I don’t see how they are related to say one audience should also watch another. For one, they are on different networks, one different nights. Another diffetence, Castle is drama-comedy “precedural” that can have stand-alone episodes, whereas Nikita is really serialized. How do both share the same audience?

One thing to blame for its low rating is because it is on a network that is always in last place. Oh, and CW’s PR team.

• Sabrina says:

Both Castle and Nikita have strong female lead characters and high profile romances.its not a stretch to say the two shows could share an audience.

• Sue says:

I’m a fan of both Castle and Nikita so, yes, I do know that Nikita exists and I enjoy it very much.

7. Michelle says:

Nikita is the best series now! It has the best actors, a good story and everything that a series needs to succeed! It needs to be renewed for third season! The series Nikita and the fans a good series needs this! I Love Nikita! She Have Grand fans in Brazil! I am one!! Nikita Is Forever!!

8. Anna says:

I wish the CW knows how to truly valuable Nikita is to its fans!! I would rejoice if it is given another season!!

9. Emma says:

This is the best action show on TV right now, even more so in its 2nd season. The storyline is incredibly fast, challenging and the writers change it up all the time. That’s what I’m loving about the show. So the idea that its getting more ludicrous? Don’t buy that for the second. In fact, the writers are very adept and pulling together seemingly disparate storylines early in the season and tying it up unexpectedly at the end. That’s what they did Season 1 to my surprise, so I don’t doubt its going to be even more clever and entertaining by the end of season 2. People need to watch it. If you like H50 or Person of Interest, you need to check out Nikita because the story arc is very clever and the action sequences are top notch, esp. for such a tiny show on a budget.

10. Audrey says:

It’s sad that Nikita doesn’t get the ratings it deserves because this is such a well written show. :(

11. mh says:

Nikita is such a great show it deserves many more seasons. If people dnt watch it bcause the CW dnt spend the money to promote it more. Nikita has it all outstanding writing, drama, romance n even comedy. It deserves the best. If the CW dares 2 cancel my favorite. I no longer will have a reason to watch that network

12. stephen says:

I only have over-the-air tv, so I can’t always watch things when there is more than one show on at the same time. I figured I’d watch Nikita online and record the other show. But then I read that the CW was going to be shoving the same amount of commercial time in the online version as the broadcast version. Well, to quote my favorite tv clown, Homey dont play that game. Do you think I am going to sit through 4- and 5-minute breaks online? No way.
    Well, Nikita finally came to Netflix streaming, so I got to watch all 22 episodes without the breaks and onscreen text & logo. But, yeah, they really did hit all the plot twists and whatnot pretty quick. I will wait for season 2 to hit Netflix and then I will watch the show.

I think all networks really need to learn about the concept that there isn’t always room for one more when it comes to commercial break frequency and length of those breaks. 20 minutes of ads and promos is way too many.
    Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

13. LJ says:

Michael’s back. Finally. Can’t wait to see where they go from here.

14. sheri says:

I concur! If that happens, I am with you!

15. Heather says:

Nikita is the best show EVER! It has to get renewed 4 another season!!! However I get see that happening, so many people don’t even know about it :( I get that CW is a low tv channel but they have done a horrible job of promotion. Not to metion Friday night at eigth, WTF!!!!! I would rather see the show be cancell and pick up by another network. Because every single preson I know have only heard about Nikita from me. Been a fan of the show since the first epsiode aired, but still hopeful for a renewal somewhere please!!!!!! Mikita or Oikita I’m good either way ;)

16. veggiedude says:

Nikita is great on so many levels. I thought the first season was so superb, I thought I was sure to be let down in season two, but that is not the case. The writing is clever, and keeps being clever with the twists and turns. And its nice to have a vegan hero on TV – the last show to have one was David Carradine in Kung Fu back in the early seventies!

17. Lore says:

OMG!!! that is a episode i cant wait to see!!! two of the most hottest guys in tv together!! ahhh love this show!

18. Sasha says:

I just need to blow one of those pictures on Shane West and have it in front of me 24/7.

Good lord he’s hot.

• Sue says:

I’m assuming you meant blow UP one of the pictures. LOL Why not set one of them as your desktop background? Then you could always look at it.

19. Michael says:

If Shane West would shave that horrid goatee, they’d probably pick up a few more viewers.

20. Captain says:

Cannot wait! Especially for an Alex/Nikita reunion!

21. Sally says:

Hellllooooo there, new wallpaper!

22. Mary says:

Nikita is the best TV show ever! Best action series. One of the only few TV shows I watch on my business schedule. Can hardly wait until January 6. Hopefully it will get renew for a third season.

23. Brian says:

Nikita’s 1st season is so amazing that it made a second season a tough act to follow on so many levels. Season 2 has yet to catch up but the last 2 episodes gave me hope, especially the episode where Nikita had to save “Nerd” from the hands of Amanda. It was so touching to see the two interact at the end. Also, the return of Owen and the possible re-teaming of Nikita and Alex makes me excited for its return on January 6th.

With that said, Nikita is still one of the best shows on television and deserves an audience – and a 3rd season.

24. Aly says: