NCIS Exclusive First Look: Tony. E.J. Bed. What?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

While Tony and Ziva of CBS’ NCIS will always have Paris (and whatever went down there), Agent DiNozzo and his former peer and paramour, E.J. Barrett (played by Sarah Jane Morris), are about to make memories of their own in a cozy safe house — and TVLine has a first look at the sure-to-be-intense reunion in close confines.

NCIS‘ Tony Wins TVLine’s Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament

When TV’s most-watched drama series resumes Season 9 on Tuesday, Jan. 3, the investigation into the murder of a Navy Commander will lead Gibbs’ team to E.J. Barrett’s whereabouts. Shortly thereafter, Tony (Michael Weatherly) will find himself playing guard as E.J. lays low in the aforementioned safe house (ergo the episode’s title, “Housekeeping”).

Looking at that lumpy sofa bed, a whole lotta sleeping’s not gonna be going on, so you can probably count on much awkward banter as E.J. tries to account for her disappearing act in the season opener.

NCIS‘ Ziva Wins TVLine’s Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament

Click the first look photo below to enlarge, then share your speculation on what will (or will not) happen when Tony and E.J. spend what looks to be a very long night together.

Comments (224)

• Please nothing happens O_o Tony should be with Ziva <3

Comment by HoldOn2Smallville – December 29, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that

Comment by estefania – December 29, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^this!

Comment by Rach – December 29, 2011 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. What is this mess?? http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkwc3a8kqM1qd12lxo1_500.jpg

Comment by Saint Alicia – December 29, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony deserves way better than Ziva. He and EJ are obviously over, which is a shame because they seemed to click. But, he sure as heck deserves someone who values him and treats him with love and respect.

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So sad. It’s a Tiva hater…dude, you might as well hate unicorns and leprechauns. Or any imaginary thing really.

Tiva shippers, I feel your pain but not your delusion. That scene where Tony and Ziva had to sweat it up in the sheets was fantastic but that’s as close as you’re ever going to come to them together.

Comment by Ducky – December 29, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When he stops acting like a hyper 14 year old, maybe he’s get more obvious “Love and Respect” Think about it even after all this time he is still makeing fun of those he works with, still behaving very juvenile even though those moments are a little less now.

Comment by Nonnaru – December 29, 2011 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ROTFL! Yes, the writers have occasionally gone over the top with Tony – a complaint the fans have been making for the past few years. Smarter not harder Tony is much more fun.
          Saying that, he’s very rarely crossed the line and, if he’s so unworthy, then why whine that he should be paired with Ziva? I see the same rhetoric again and again that Tony pretty much sucks, Ziva is awesomesauce and they should be together. Uh…… WHAT?! *shakes head*
          (it’s pretty creepy how Ziva shoving a gun in his chest and such is supposed to be forgiven but his minor jibes are constantly shoved to the forefront as examples why he isn’t worthy of her)

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – January 1, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tina is great an they have to get together or seriously I know this sounds stupid but I’ll never get to sleep properly again I mean it

Comment by Adz – November 16, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i look forward to that !

Comment by shirik1 – December 29, 2011 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOTHING. I want nothing to happen between them. I want her to get the hell out of town and never come back. I want her to leave Tony alone.
    Tony should be with Ziva. I’m so tired of EJ and Ray. These characters are so lame. I want my Tiva back! What are they trying to do? Kill their show with these characters?

Comment by Cindy – December 29, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show seems to be doing just fine without Tiva. So, no, they are not ruining the show. They’re just being true to what NCIS is about – solving crimes with some lightheartedness thrown in from the quirky characters. The Tiva stuff is soap opera. And if you’ve noticed the soap operas are a dying breed on TV.

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If the “soap opera stuff” is a dying breed as you claim….then you are neither a savvy NCIS fan, nor do you actually WATCH dramatic television. Also, you clearly have no clue as to what makes the show “Castle” so popular with its own set of fans (and you quite obviously missed ALL the NCIS vs. Castle comments in the big showdown this week).

NCIS is a procedural crime drama indeed, but as the the cast members themselves(Sean, Mark, Cote, Mike, Abby, etc.) have publicly stated numerous times: this show is set apart from all others BECAUSE it is primarily CHARACTER-DRIVEN. The people who tune in WANT to see what is happening with the relationships of the characters on the show.

All procedure/solving crimes and no “drama” would make NCIS just another ordinary show on television, and 20 million people would not give a rat’s rear end about tuning in every Tuesday.

Comment by Surprised by Your Blindness – December 29, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well I would point out that I was an NCIS fan long before ‘Tiva’ even became an issue. NCIS is an amazing show, even more so because the writing, acting and production have grown stronger with each passing year. This is true regardless of the fact that two love characters are not together.
          I stand firmly in the camp that opposes Tony and Ziva getting together and that does NOT make me less of a fan. It just makes me a fan that doesn’t want the show to lose focus and become as embarrassingly mediocre a show like Bones has since it has gone down this road.

Comment by Shane – December 29, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The show will never lose focus. Even IF Ziva happens, the writers won’t do what other shows do.
            Besides, GG is as “soapy” (I think the word soap opera is always wrong in the context of NCIS… ) as SB (they both aren’t). The empty-ring box and Ray do have soapy elements. But just tiny elements.
            NCIS will never be embarrassingly mediocre. No matter what the writers do. I have a lot of faith in their abilities (despite some weird plotholes, but I can live with it).

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 09:52 AM PDT
        • And I’m surprised by all the vitriol in your attack on me. Why so angry? Did my comments actually strike such a big nerve in you? Why? And you’re bringing up Castle because…? NCIS is not Castle.
          And, yes, I did bring up NCIS’ quirky characters as something important to the NCIS formula. Yes, NCIS is character-driven. I know that, and I’ve loved that about the show since its beginning. But what it means to you and what it means to me are two different things, apparently. I love it when they look inside each character’s life – what they’ve been through, what they’re going through, and how they are changed by their experiences. Other procedurals do not do that at all or very well.
          But it sounds like what you are saying is that Character Driven (thanks for yelling at me about that by the way)means what’s happening with the characters in their relationships to each other only.
          I find more drama in my view of character driven than in yours, because, quite frankly, who’s zoomin’ who on the team is of no interest to me at all. If it is with you, that’s cool. After all, what do I know? Right?

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I can’t stand to watch ‘Castle’. The ratings are not that great this year and NCIS wipes the floor with castle. NCIS’ new shows get around 20 million each week. I don’t know what Castle pulls in, but not that much.
          NCIS does not need Tiva.

Comment by carol – December 29, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well since American Idol wipes the floor with NCIS I guess that’s a better show too.
            And come to think of it the SuperBowl will get three or four times an NCIS audience right? So I guess the SuperBowl scrapes NCIS off its shoe.
            So yeah, it’s really relevant how many people watch a show.

Comment by carol's mom – December 29, 2011 06:20 PM PDT
      • Way do u no b quiet n let us enjoy tiva

Comment by Adz – November 16, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony should not be with E J or Ziva. Have a nice young lady come in a sweep Tony off his feet. Let them get married and then divorced, make him more like Gibbs.

Comment by carol – December 29, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, no! I hope he doesn’t become more like Gibbs. The show has already pointed out in the past that Gibbs was once like Tony. The show has already commented about “two paths…and I could not choose both” with regards to Tony. I want Tony to choose a different path than Gibbs so that he doesn’t end up alone in a ‘basement, bourbon, boat’ life. I want Tony to be a great team leader with a family life (remember the episode ‘Family’, where Tony is standing in the baby’s room and his reaction to being in that room?).

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gibbs also said “don’t be like me” in the latest episode. I hope Tony won’t. He should get married by the end of the show (hopefully to Ziva…but that is my wish here)

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s stupid gibbs is gibbs

Comment by Adz – November 16, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about EJ. It’s not even about Tiva, I just dont give a frak about her. Can she, Ray, and those barely-there agents of hers just disappear? Whyyyyy are the writers dragging this out? This whole P2P/EJ plot is cringe-worthy. Remember when NCIS had good arcs? Sigh.

Comment by Sharon Agathon – December 29, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember when NCIS use to be about the team and not about Ziva sleeping with every man she see I remember when NCIS was about Tony and Gibb and Not Tiva.

I am glad EJ back because she treat Tony like a person I still can’t get over Ziva telling Tony he worthless and he should kill himself

Comment by Michael – December 29, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When did that happen, I missed that.

Comment by sael34 – December 29, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ziva did call him worthless (out of anger. He just killed her boyfriend.. so I can forgive her saying that), but she never told him he should kill himself.
        Ziva has slept with 3 or 4 men (we don’t know what happend in Paris or undercovers…that’s why I am saying 3 or 4) on the show. How is that sleeping around? o.0

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ziva also told him she couldn’t imagine how any woman could like him as well as other nasty comments [we'll disregard the whole gun to the chest thing for now] both before and after Rivkin [and even after he SAVED HER LIFE] so I can’t forgive her and, if Tony forgives her or not, that is never a good basis for forgetting and going into a relationship with her. A character with a heart of gold forgiving the unforgivable and going into a relationship with someone who has regularly abused and disrespected them is two very separate things!

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Omg I love ncis to bits but they r acting so stop taking it so swriously

Comment by Adz – November 16, 2012 10:46 PM PDT
      • Ziva told Tony to kill himself? And yet another episode of NCIS I must have missed !

Comment by Mel – December 29, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Seriously…I have seen every single episode multiple times and I must have missed it as well. Tivaistoxic seems like a slightly obsessed tony dinozzo fan that I have a feeling thinks that tony and Ziva are real people.

Comment by Jules – December 29, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re quoting the wrong person – Mel was referring to Michael’s comment, not mine. You might want to try getting that straight. Then try getting straight what the various characters have done. ;)
            I know they aren’t real people, unfortunately, too many other fans don’t recognize that fact. If you don’t believe me, check out the comments in the female crushable polls [Ziva vs. ___] fascinating stuff!

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 04:20 PM PDT
      • Seriously Michael?? You again! Is this the same Michael that has been vomiting lies all over the whole Crushable poll??!!(Like the whole Ziva raping Tony BS and the Ziva trying to replace Gibbs Crap) In Alliyah Ziva never actually called Tony worthless. She was a B*** but who wouldn’t be to someone who killed your boyfriend. Ziva never NEVER told Tony to kill himself. In Reunion she did, with her tail between her legs, apoligize for her dumb behavior. Which, for someone like Ziva took a lot. You really need to actually watch the show before you decide to spew out lies, so far you have yet to say anything with truth in it. If you don’t like Tiva, fine, your allowed that. However don’t go trying to convince other people to not like them with lies. At least use the truth. {Or continue with the lies, this will only make people want to watch the show to see if what you say is true. Either way you lose} Have a wonderful Day :)

Comment by Get a LIFE!! – December 29, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, he had it coming to him didn’t he? I mean, he only killed Rivkin in SELF-DEFENSE afterall. LOL! Tunnel vision much? Where was the apology? The concession that he always had her back was only that, no “Geez, Tony, I am sorry for all the crap I have subjected you to. The gun to the chest, tackling you to the ground with known injuries including a broken bone, trying to get you thrown off the team, accusing you of murder, etc, etc, etc.” Get a Life = irony much?! LOL

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I never said he had it coming. Ziva handled the situation all wrong. Reason why I said she acted like a B***. However, we can’t completly blame it all on her. My opinnion is that of Abby’s in Reunion. I was pissed about the way she behaved, but I understand it at the same time. Tunnel vision is where you only see on side, I see both. You seem to only see the fault that Ziva committed, instead of both hers and Tony’s. So you my dear have tunnel vision, not I. “Where was the apology?” May I turn your attention to Reunion, in the bathroom scene, where Tony says “I am sorry Ziva” and Ziva says”No, it is I who am sorry” And if your comment is because “Tiva is TOXIC” then I cannot completly disagree with that point. I want Tiva to happen because of all of the hints the writers have given, but I would perfer it to be towards the end and in the background. BOTH Tony and Ziva have more growing to do before they can be together because BOTH have their faults and their shortcomings. My “Get a LIFE” was directed to the person who has been going around and telling lies about NCIS. I love this show, and if lies were directed toward any of the characters I would still set the record straight. So No, I don’t see the irony :)

Comment by Get a LIFE!! – December 29, 2011 05:06 PM PDT
          • I only see Ziva’s fault in this relationship because I don’t see where Tony went wrong except to try to give his partner the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove she didn’t commit acts against the US before the case went any further. That it went south after that was Rivkin’s fault, not Tony’s. He acted in self-defense. His only mistake was in thinking Ziva was on his/the US’ side and not calling for back-up (but how many times has Gibbs had him do something w/o back-up before?)
            Abby may have voiced the possible rationale (another major character disruption thanks to SB – previous Abby would have left no forensic evidence) but there are *reasons* and there are *excuses* and those are two very different things.
            The writers and their Tiva anvils disrupt the story flow, irrevocably alter characters for the worse and don’t face the reality they have created. Ziva has continued to be an abusive individual. I prefer liking her, but the writers have made her barely tolerable. Only this season has she begun to be palatable to me again and I see the same sentiment on many boards. I will never embrace ‘Tiva’ due to the events in Seasons 6 – 8 alone. Abuse victims and their tormentors don’t give me anything but the creeps.
            This season has been stronger in main part because the Tiva anvils have been mostly left out. Ziva is a cartoon character but, played/written well, one we can enjoy. That doesn’t mean we need to pair her up with the pretty arm candy. Let’s face it, most Tiva fans are all about Ziva and not so much for Tony. Which really makes me scratch my head why they want their perfect ninja princess woobie paired up with him!

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 05:23 PM PDT
          • In reply to your “December 29, 2011 05:23 PM PST” comment, my computer won’t let me reply to it there, so I am doing it here.
            Tony went to talk to ZIVA, arresting Rivkin was a spur of the moment decision. Tony’s “evidence” at the moment was circumstantial, he had no real ground. When he presented the handcuffs and gun, he kept them really low (againts protocal) He saw Rivkin was drunk, by walking away he could have avoided the whole thing. When they fought, he did what he had to do to survive. Then with the argument he had with Ziva he kept pushing her. The “Go ahead! Do it!!” pushed Ziva off the edge. Tony is not an idiot, he knows her temper and he knew her emotional state. He was pushing to get a reaction. If he had let her cool off, she would have probably gone back with them. Sadly that is not how the writers wanted it. It did give us a good finale. Tony has messed up throughout their “relationship” just like Ziva. You cannot focus on just one season ending. You must take all episodes into account. As for “Tiva” a pairing requires you to like both characters around the same level. If people mostly liked Ziva, then they can argue that Tony doesn’t deserve her (Which there are some anti-tivas with this view)Just like people can argue that Ziva doesn’t deserve Tony. When you have an OTP, it is because you believe they belong together. If you like just one character then it goes from a “They belong together” to a “aww their cute” It is safe to assume we will continue to disagee about the blame to but on Ziva and whether Tiva is a good thing or not. Which is perfectly okay. That is what is so great about the NCIS Fandom, there are so many different oppinions that are seen, and without insults, can lead to interesting conversations. However, I ask this from you, when you are not a Tiva fan, do not asume to know what the “majority” believe. Just like I will not assume to know what the Anti-Ziva/Tiva people believe :) (My “Get a LIFE!!” is still not directed toward you, it is just to late to change it)

Comment by Get a LIFE!! – December 29, 2011 06:12 PM PDT
          • Arresting Rivkin made sense – leaving and coming back later would have made no sense since the man was a spy operating on US soil. He could have disappeared and turned up to cause more trouble elsewhere. Michael Rivkin created the situation, Tony only reacted to the circumstances as a special agent should. Rivkin was repeatedly told to leave the US by more than one person with authority. Computer transmissions linked to a terrorist were seen coming from Ziva’s address and, when Tony went to give his partner the benefit of the doubt, this rogue agent answered the door. Probable cause.
            As for the handcuffs being too low – ROTFL!!!!! Ok….
            I base my comments on Tiva fans only based on all the vitriol I’ve seen spewed by them against Tony in any forum I’ve tried to find some decent dialogue. It’s always the same. Perhaps the silent Tiva majority doesn’t feel this way, but it’s worryingly impressive how many Tiva fen make so much noise about Tony’s worthlessness and how he owes Ziva apologies and so on and so forth. It goes beyond reason by any measure you wish to use.
            For such a subset of the NCIS fandom, the insistent divisiveness is impressive.

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – January 1, 2012 11:54 AM PDT
        • It is totally the same MICHAEL. he spouts hate for Ziva ON EVERY site.

He is a total fool and no ever pays any attention to him….

Comment by editor ncis – December 29, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh Michael…you forgot to mention that Ziva killed Kate.
        Your lies are not what they used to be buddy….

Comment by editorncis – December 29, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haters gonna hate.

EJ haters get out of here! Leave the place to REAL NCIS fans! Why do you watch if you don’t like the plots and the characters?

Comment by haters – December 29, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because, oh, I don’t know, having an opinion is still legal for most of us? And we don’t have to be sheep that happily follow with a smile wherever tptb lead us? Just a thought.

Comment by Ashley – December 29, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I believe that “haters” is slyly commenting on the legion of people who respond with “Haters gonna hate” and “You’re not a REAL NCIS fan” and “Why do you watch if…” when anybody expresses their negative opinion of Ziva.

Your response is absolutely correct, and is very much the point. But it does apply to ALL of the characters, including Ziva, and not just E.J.

That being said, some people go way over the top in expressing their disdain for Ziva. But still, that doesn’t mean that every single person who says they don’t care for Ziva should be attacked for their personal opinion.

Comment by Mcat – December 29, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed! ‘hater’ was making a point, because every one of those responses (s)he made with regard to EJ have been made by those who want Tiva toward most everyone who says they do not like or want Tiva. If you don’t like Tiva for any reason, you’re not a real NCIS fan, or a savvy NCIS fan, etc., and you should just stop complaining or watching the show because Tiva is going to happen, etc. And now there’s the added, “Haters gonna hate” not to mention the newest thing if you say you don’t like Tiva. You now get accused of being part of some anti-group and told to leave and go back to your group. It apparently doesn’t matter if you like Ziva and Tony separately but not together. You are branded as a hater, etc. And really, it’s just a few people who do what I’m talking about (I hope) but they do it often, and its ugly, and hateful (the very thing they claim to be against!

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 01:34 PM PDT
    • Sharon – I couldn’t agree more. The sad part is the “used to” part regarding good arcs, like you just mentioned. But to be fair, many NCIS fans agreed that the PTPK arc was just soooo badly done (Jonas Cobb was a JOKE; Barney the Dinosaur would have been more menacing and “scarier” than him).

So I suppose it’s not entirely EJ & Ray’s fault. It’s the simple fact that the majority of NCIS fans are just not THAT “into” these two side characters that can’t go away fast enough.

Sorry writing staff, but EJ bores me, as a viewing audience member. I find her & Ray Cruz very, very boring. The potted plant on my windowsill is more exciting chemistry-wise than those two. As far as Ray is concerned with his Empty Cracker Jack box…no SANE woman in her right mind would squeal with glee if a man “semi-proposed” to her in a such a way.

He can STAY in Tel-Aviv (or wherever the heck he was) with Mr. “One-eyed” Kort for all I care. >:(

Comment by Nubie – December 29, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The build-up of the P2P arc was excellent.But the climax was disappointing.
        I hope EJ and Ray will come to an end this season (and no.. I don’t want the to die, just disappear from the show)

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually to me, the buildup of the PTPK Arc was equally disappointing. As you mentioned, there were “wierd plotholes” that were never plugged. The audience came out of it badly scathed, from the all the unresolved background of Vance’s collaboration with Cobb & Kort, talking baby dolls on sidewalks, monkeys, victims whose MO’s did not clearly match the movitation for any serial killer wanting to target them, etc. I won’t even bother going into all the secrecy regarding that microchip; we all know how that worked out for Ms. Barret and her now deceased team. I hated the whole, entire kit & kaboodle. But that’s JMO of course.

Comment by Nubie – December 29, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Every NCIS fan I talk to Loved the P2P storyline in fact we( NCIS fan) like it a lot more then the mexico storyline

Comment by Tom – December 29, 2011 02:06 PM PDT
          • To Tom:

I would strongly encourage you to broaden your research and see what endless scores of NCIS fans online and in written format have had to say about the PTPK arc. It was everything but the kitchen sink – no real focus on just one storyline thread. That made it very difficult to follow. You didn’t know where to focus your attention, there were so many holes in the story. Jonas was the LAMEST villian I’ve seen in ages on television: many NCIS fans thought the same thing.

Forget the Reynosa siblings: this arc took the cake for stupdity.

Comment by PTPK Arc was truly a Disaster – December 29, 2011 03:13 PM PDT
          • The PTPK has a lot of potential. When Tony found the eyeball in his glass – I hoped for something exciting. It ended up as somthing like the year before – the Gibbs finale that I can barely remember. Both years were bad. I don’t think they’ll ever top Twilight.

Comment by vicki – December 30, 2011 07:06 AM PDT
        • YES…I TOTALLY AGEEE WITH YOU !!!
          Well said !

Comment by editorncis – December 29, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its not about TIVA for me either Sharon. I just want rid of the endless parade of recurring characters that I don’t care about. Ditch the romances all together and get back to the main stars solving crimes and trading insults.

To be honest the only recurring charcter I have ever liked on NCIS is Fornell. They could add him as regular and I’d be happy. The rest they can send to Timbucktu or Zanzabar.

Comment by Linda – December 29, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Paula Cassidy was also an amazing recurring character, in my opinion. So sad they killed her off.

Comment by Mcat – December 29, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Paula Cassidy was awesome! She would have been fantastic as Kate’s replacement (and it would have made far more sense in the NCIS ‘verse) Jessica Steen is a wonderful actress and her chemistry with the entire team would have been a huge plus! I was devastated when they killed her off.
          Cassie Yates is another agent who was lots of fun with the entire team. Bones has her now, but she was really great in SWAK. =)

Comment by srsly – January 1, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This isn’t about P2P; this is about finishing that mission Tony was on earlier this season. I want to know what happened in that alley that night and what happened to EJ. Looking forward to the episode since it seems there’ll be action in it.

Can’t say I feel the love between these two in this photo.

Comment by NCISfan – December 29, 2011 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why tony has a ring in his left handa as if he was married?

Comment by Maida – December 29, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The ring? I wouldn’t read too much into it. The name of the ep is “Housekeeping” and if they are hiding, it could very well be their cover.

As for the shipper stuff – meh. We all know the biggest ship of all is Gibbs/DiNozzo.

Comment by znachki – December 29, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else notice Tony is wearing a wedding ring? Hmm……

Comment by Nicole – December 29, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL weird. I doubt he got married. Maybe Michael just forgot to take off his wedding ring during the scene. These kinda things happen on TV (a lot)

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I took a look at the other promo photos for this episode. I guess I was right. Tony doesn’t wear the ring in the photo in the safe house in daylight (the one where he looks at Ziva). Probably just forgot to remove the ring.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is MICHAEL wearing his wedding ring and pictures were likely taken at rehearsal…..not while they filmed the show….

Comment by editor ncis – December 29, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved Tony’s growth throughout this arc, so whether EJ ends up being good/bad alive/dead I’m looking forward to seeing how this episode plays out. Looks like a different sort of an episode too…I hope Tony sees some action! ;)

Comment by Sam – December 29, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like EJ. Do I want him to be with Ziva? No. I can do without all of the relationship nonsense. Give me a case, solve it and move on to the next case.

Comment by Lee – December 29, 2011 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t care about Tony’s love life, I want Abby and McGee together.

Comment by Stormy – December 29, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I used to want Abby and McGee to get back together but the past few scenes between them that suggested a pairing were just so awkward it was painful. While Abby still is a bit passive aggressive when McGee seems to have other relationships, she has been clear to him on more than one occasion that they were over. If there MUST be a pairing on the show, the only one which makes sense is Tim and Ziva – they are actually nice and respectful to each other and seem to care for each other. Of course, I’d be happiest with mere subtext at the absolute max.

Comment by srsly – December 29, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. Abby has regressed to a two-year-old having a constant temper tantrum. I love the subtle chemistry between McGee and Ziva. Of course I’d be happy with anything that gave him more screen time.

Comment by Em – December 29, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • To see a 43 year old woman doing Turkey dance wearing ridiclous costume and makeup is just too much.

Comment by Jimmy – December 30, 2011 11:01 PM PDT
  • So glad to see EJ back! I wish they’d keep her on, or, if they’re not going to get Tony and Wendy back together, at least have Tony and EJ back together off screen. Just no romance in the team.

Comment by Becca – December 29, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve given up on Tony/Ziva a long time ago, and while I can accept them with other people I cannot stand EJ and Ray at all. I can’t even explain it. I’d rather Tony with Jeanne Benoit more than EJ at this point, and she accused him of murder.

Comment by meeko – December 29, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^this. I totally agree! EJ was annoying.

Comment by flutterby – December 29, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ej is way more than annoying
        she is one rotten agent
        happy to see the end of her
        AND this will be the end of her

Comment by editor ncis – December 29, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like E.J.’s character either. As far as Tony and Ziva exploring their feelings….I think that would be enjoyable to watch mixed in with the crime solving. I think it would be nice to see McGee & Abby take a step farther as well. And please…can Gibbs have a love interest? I know it is not a popular opinion but I really liked and felt the chemistry between him and M. Allison Hart. :)

Comment by Kim R – December 29, 2011 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh god no. She, by far, was my absolute least favorite recurring character on this show. Not a diss to Rena Sofer. I’ve liked her in other roles but this was just horrendous. As an attorney, I was offended by the complete disregard for the law in these episodes – I can deal with creative liberties but the amount taken with her arc were offensive. She was offensive all around. Awful, awful character. And I wanted to punch her in the face everything she called him “Mr. Gibbs.”

Comment by Jules – December 29, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far we haven’t had to watch the two of them hug, kiss, or touch each other in any way…let’s hope it stays that way. I don’t care whether Tony ends up with Ziva or not…I just don’t want him with EJ. I am curious about the microchip removed from Levin’s arm, though…

Comment by Maria – December 29, 2011 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The mircoship thing has already been explained. EJ wanted to get it to a certain person involved in Levin’s mission. He promised Levin to do that, but apparently Stratton stole the chip from her when he took Tony, Cade and EJ down in the alley (Nature of the Beast)

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I realize that. What I meant was, I would like to see what happened after the “gentlemen, let’s start the bidding…” line at the end of Nature of the Beast.

Comment by Maria – December 29, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh I want to know what’s up with that, too. Have been wondering for a long time. :)

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do not like EJ that much.
    But it doesn’t look cozy at all.
    Rather weird.
    She’s laying there all worried and Tony’s sitting there with his gun.
    I doubt anything but talking will happen.
    It would be kinda inappropriate and unprofessional in such a situation.
    I am sure there will be Tiva once the whole EJ and Ray thing is over. NCIS producers won’t permanently hook them up with other people.
    Of that, I am sure.
    You could explore a Tiva relationship without ruining the show and dynamics. I believe the writers will do such a thing eventually and I am looking forward to it.

I am also looking forward to this episode. Not because of EJ and not because of Tony and EJ (these two won’t get back together anyway). But the whole Phantom 8-Stratton and EJ surviving thingy is interesting. The preview looks explosive. I love action, intrigue and twists. I hope this episode will deliver big way :)

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t be too sure that they wouldn’t hook them up permanently with other people, Svenja. I’m pretty positive that Ziva is going to accept Ray’s proposal next week.
      And I disagree with you that the writers could explore a Tiva relationship without ruining the dynamics – of course it would.

Comment by Sam – December 29, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She might accept the proposal, but she won’t end up marrying him. As you might have noticed, the writers like to fool around with Tony and Ziva. It’s their little toy. They tease it, then they don’t do any scenes for a longer period of time, then they throw wrenches. It’s a little game. Because of the anti-pro movements it is a hot topic that heats up discussions. That’s why they will never resolve it and hook them up with other people permanently. It’s also the reason why Ziva and Tony constantly end up having love interests while McGee, Abby, Gibbs and Ducky just occasionally end up having someone. And even if one of the other characters actually has a love interest, it isn’t as promoted as when it’s Ziva or Tony.
        This whole article proves it again. They pick a photo that isn’t juicy at all and write some lines that pros and antis immediately pick up on. Why introducing the article with a statement about Tony and Ziva? Because it’s what gets to people in a certain manner. Some people of it passionately, others hate it with passion. It’s clever promotion.

As for the “exploring Tiva without ruining dynamics” I still disagree. But we won’t end up having the same attitude anyway ;)

I guess we will just have to wait and see what the writers are up to.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree she probably won’t end up marrying him, but if she does accept his proposal (which I think they’ve been setting up and heading in that direction since the beginning of S8) then it will probably go through to S10 to allow time to show growth in Ziva’s character and open up new storylines for her.
          I don’t really think that Tony & Ziva are the only ones who constantly end up having the love interests though. Tony and Gibbs both did together in S4 but then Tony didn’t have another until the end of S8. Ziva had Rivken, but he was pretty much an invisible love interest for her and didn’t give the same opportunity to show her dealing with juggling work and romance until the two collided.

Comment by Sam – December 29, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, Gibbs had Hollis and Allison, but these weren’t as promoted as the love interests that Tony and Ziva have.
            I’m not saying the other characters don’t have love interests, but they do not have them in a bigger fashion. Ziva’s love interests left huge marks, although they didn’t have much on-screen time. They have been mentioned a lot and therefore it created a heavy presence (it’s hard to explain). Also the “aftermath” of Ziva’s romances or the effect and threat they represent is heavily discussed.
            It’s always different with Tony, Ziva and their love interests.

Well, IF she accepts (I think it’s possible) it doesn’t necessarily has to go through S10. We still have Ray and his weird Tel Aviv mission. I suspect this could come up before the end of the season and cause the final break-up.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 11:54 AM PDT
    • I’m sure there won’t be any Tiva after the whole EJ and Ray thing is over.

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sure there won’t be either. This season has been great so far so I can’t see them returning to the Tiva tease again.
        I think Tony will probably be left to deal with this while Ziva will start to move forward and accept Ray’s ring. She DID seem more interested than I would have guessed in that ring box.

Comment by Sam – December 29, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think with SB now gone, the producers have realised that the winning formula is the TEAM with no distracting anvils.
          I actually liked EJ at first because she and Tony seemed to have an adult relationship. They clicked and enjoyed each other’s company. Now the relationship is over, I don’t feel one way or the other towards her aside from sad for Tony that it didn’t work out.
          Ray just leaves me cold and every time an article makes comments about the sizzling relationship, I reach for my thesaurus. LOL! There is no chemistry between Ray and Ziva and, for a character looking for stability and permanence, the last thing she needs is to date a CIA operative.

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They look like they’re on a case undercover, that’s it.

Comment by xav – December 29, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They probably aren’t even undercover. They are hiding from Stratton and maybe even waiting for him to come to them to kill them. Nothing cozy there. They look worried and scared (everyone would be worried and scared if some badass villain were hunting them).
      Probably they will talk about the past and what went wrong with them. That’s my theory.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I am tired of all these guest stars taking time away from the regular cast, I hope they use this opportunity to finally tie up all those loose ends left hanging at the end of the premiere. And I sincerely hope that Tony confronts EJ about being left in the alley,and her overall lack of trust in him, especially when both he and Gibbs tried to help her in the premiere. Michael Weatherly is such a talented, layered actor, I’m curious to see him handle this complicated situation with EJ, as well as the oily Sec Nav .And hopefully the entire team will be working together here. Then, please, bye bye EJ! (And, really, I love angry-Tony, so bring it on!).

Comment by Mel – December 29, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Tony didn’t confront Ziva over her lack of trust in him and not only throwing him onto the floor when he had a broken arm but also leaving him there, so I doubt he’ll raise it with EJ, either. The show has made him into a totally spineless loser which is a shame because he wasn’t like that in the beginning.

Comment by Sandra – December 29, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, Tony does bring the topic “leaving him laying there” up in the preview. It will be a topic, but I doubt he will yell at her or something. Just emphasize that he didn’t like it. MW predicted that they won’t go back to the lovey-dovey plot and I think he was right.
        But it’s good that the writers will probably have them talk about everything. I hate unfinished buisness. This episode probably won’t be focusing on Tony and EJ and their relationship. It will be about the case and the danger. Of course that kind of includes the past of these characters, but it won’t be the main focus.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The promo does show a ticked off Tony addressing EJ leaving him for dead in the alley. I’m glad they are addressing it. Because I really don’t want to see the spineless Tony that never addressed what Ziva did to him in Israel (in fact, that Tony apologized to Ziva for everything and apparently didn’t mind at all that Ziva described him as worthless and had to ponder whether she wished he’d died or not). In the promo for Housekeeping, Tony is standing up for himself concerning what he believes EJ did and saying it’s not okay. At least the show isn’t glossing over it like the last time someone he cares about treated him horribly.

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t see Tony as spineless, I see him as a very forgiving person. That’s always been part of his character’s MO. Look at how Gibbs has treated him at times, especially when he came back after his hiatus and unceremoniously dumped Tony’s things back on his desk without a word. Tony never confronted Gibbs, just forgave him and moved on. To me,that just makes Tony the better person.

Comment by Mel – December 29, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed. It’s part of the reason I don’t believe he will be yelling at EJ. He will say something about it and that’s it.
            He’s not the kinda person that is incapable of forgiving. I doubt he will get back together with EJ, but he won’t end up hating her either. I am still kinda mad that they didn’t show the team looking for EJ (or at least Tony). I don’t want EJ and Tony to get back together, but Tony would have tried to look for the body of his ex-girlfriend, wouldn’t he? They could have mentioned something like that during the episodes. Would have been appropriate.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 12:25 PM PDT
  • Nothing will happen. Because Tony isn’t unprofessional. He wouldn’t do the horizontal tango with anyone, even his ex-squeeze, while he’s ON THE CLOCK.

Seriously. This is going to be a complete non-event. All I can hope for is that EJ will be gone for good after this episode. I really can’t stand the character, and there’s absolutely no spark between her and Tony. But at least it looks as if Tony’s over her, judging by the promo trailer. Good for him.

(And just for the record: I’m anti-Tiva as well. So this isn’t a Tiva fan raging against EJ–or Ray–because they get “in the way” of their OTP. I’d just like my NCIS without romantic nonsense, is all.)

Comment by Gaby – December 29, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you! No Tiva, No EJTony, No Gabby, NoMcAbby. But seriously, for me, that episode sounds boring. I hope it’s best than it sounds.

Comment by feel – December 29, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ^^^ me too!!! Abby & McGee need to hook up as a couple!!! Especially now that he is in better shape ;-)

Comment by Nae – December 29, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see Vance telling Tony to Watch EJ and keep her safe because the Phtoam 8 have her Uncle the first sec navl and they go to that House where EJ and Tony share a couple of strong moments and we find out more about Wendy.

I think Tony will forgive EJ I mean big deal its not as bad as what Ziva did to tony season 3 throw 8 at least EJ REPECTED Tony as team leader.

Comment by Michael – December 29, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The comments on this page are funny and really quite pathetic. What are you guys twelve year old little girls? “Why don’t Tony and Ziva just get together already? Wah Wah!” …. ridiculous! Don’t you guys know ANYTHING about drama? There is such a thing as STORY TELLING. Let the writers do their thing. Seriously. Bunch of silly little girls. I shake may head.

Comment by Kaibosh – December 29, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely agree! I never liked EJ and Ray!

Comment by Teresa – December 29, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they’ve come back to this storyline. I liked the growth in Tony that happened through EJ and the way they interact. I hope they never return to any aspect of Tiva. It was one of the most infantile and tedious elements of the show with Super Ziva snaking and smirking all the time and Tony behaving like a mentally retarded buffoon

Comment by Elana – December 29, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with your post Elana!

Comment by Sandra – December 29, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the P2P storyline more then the Mexcio storyline or the saving Ziva and then Ziva blame her gibbs and Tony for her issue storyline

Comment by Michael – December 29, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually liked Ray before the whole empty box, empty promise thing. But him and EJ are overused, their storylines are wierd and dragged on. They should have ended with the port to port killer. Don’t involve EJ in another major storyline and don’t, for heavens sake send Ray to Tel Aviv! That was such an obvious move to create tension!
    And on another note, IS GARY GLASBERG BLIND?!?!
    Who just won the law enforcement tournaments?
    Someone please sen him a link! That should open his eyes for what we want! MORE TIVA! I don’t want them together yet but just give us SOMETHING! I’m still living on the idea that the lack of Tiva is because of something HUGE coming!

Comment by Allie – December 29, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more. Ray was ok until the empty box. I liked EJ in her first episode. But that changed in Two-Faced. But I am kinda curious when it comes to this storyline. The Stratton thing sounds interesting. I love major conspiracies (when they make sense).
      I bet Gary Glasberg already knows.
      He has a big plan and that involved Ray and EJ. I do trust GG when it comes to Tiva because his writing for them has been good.
      The lack of Tiva is because there is something coming. They did that in S6 as well. It’s what they always do. Give us nothing and then suddenly knocking our socks off with something.
      Also Ray and EJ showing up back to back is kinda suspicious. Just saying..

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What does winning a contest have to do with Tiva? I don’t see the correlation. So she’s crushable and he’s crushable. Why does that mean we now have to have more Tiva?

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How does the two of them winning the competition have anything to do with them pairing up? Especially when one of the winners’ wins was extremely suspect [40% increase in 80 seconds????]
      Have you watched NCIS the past 5 years? Explain what is cool about an abuse victim pairing up with his abuser?
      Do you think Tony should forgive and get back with EJ after she left him behind in the alley (even if she was running for her life) If not, then how does it follow that he should forgive Ziva for everything she’s done to him over the course of the past few seasons and shack up with her???

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The 40% increase in 80 seconds is a lie. It took more than just a few minutes.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Is it a lie? Hrmmm… Plenty of people saw it happen. Unfortunately, no one could do anything about it and TVLine doesn’t really care. It just cheapens the silly poll and the ultimate win.

That aside, if we paired people up because of their ‘crushability’ [no matter how questionable a two-faced operative is crushable], the world would be an impressively boring place with lots more unhappy people within it.

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What I find funny is how you and Tiva supporters on this board in general respond to things like the poll debacle but never address the subject of Ziva’s behaviour. If it is appropriate for a victim to ever have a relationship with their abuser.
          Or respond to the call for votes for the People’s Choice Award for the SHOW. If Cote was nominated, would you vote for her? (my guess is a resounding yes) How about MW??? I voted for NCIS several hundred times, how about you?

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, I’ve said enough about Alyiah.
            Not gonna go there again because I’ve had this discussion a lot with you guys.

Yes, I voted about 100 times for NCIS (if not more) for the People’s Choice Awards. Most of die-hard NCIS fans did.
            I posted the Twitter-link a lot etc.
            I would vote for every actor on the show because I support them.

Besides, I was here two when the “jump” happened. It took several minutes. I would bet my right arm on it or my eyes played me.

Comment by Svenja – December 30, 2011 12:31 AM PDT
          • So, if Ziva knocks an injured Tony down, puts a gun to his chest and tells him she wished he was dead before trying to get him thrown off the team, it’s ok but if EJ runs for her life from a gunman, they should never be together? Just checking your logic here.
            Until there’s a truly redemptive arc [which will be never because, really] Aliyah will always be the watershed moment in a ‘relationship’ which never really was more than an occasional, ill advised tease.

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – January 1, 2012 12:06 PM PDT
      • You act like it’s been one sided. Both Tony and Ziva have done things to each other. He did kill her boyfriend after all. It’s like people don’t even realize where Ziva came from. She was trained to be a heartless killer and if it wasn’t for Gibbs, Abby, Tony, McGee, & Ducky she would still be that way. Don’t forget when she first came to NCIS she genuinely wanted to believe Ari was innocent. Obviously he wasn’t and he betrayed her. Then we have Rivkin who she trusted and he betrayed that trust. Not to mention father who has been anything but a father to her. The same guy who left her to be tortured and killed. Yet people wonder why she had a problem trusting/believing Tony. If you watched the episode Reunion, Ziva said the same thing. She didn’t now who she could trust. Then she saw not only what Tony did for her but Gibbs & McGee too and realized she was wrong for not trusting them and she apologized for it. Her character has grown a lot since that happened. Tony forgave her so I don’t know why people have to harp on that every single time.

Comment by herewegoagain – December 29, 2011 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • EJ doesn’t respect Gibbs or his rules. And how is Ziva abusive and by that standard if she is abusive to Tony than isn’t Tony abusive to McGee, and then considering that isn’t Gibbs abusive to the whole team besides Abby (non of which is true). I don’t believe that you are generally the kind of person who over looks facts like this, I just think that you are still hung up and Kate and are mad at Ziva because Kate is gone. Either that or you are just a person who is against one thing but not for something and still doesn’t actually notice the flaws in their plan. Yes Ziva has said hurtful things to Tony but so has any other girl to any other guy and vice versa. I mean when you look at it from where she stood and not the place that’s like “oh no she just hurt Tony’s feelings” then you could understand. Michael was simply her childhood sweetheart and her friend since she was younger. Then Tony a guy she’s known for less than 3 years kills him. I mean I think that she could have handled it better and thought about her choices more. Though when you look at her past as years where she had been lied to by her father and countless other people you should understand. Whereas EJ just stands there like she is better than everyone and I dunno maybe I would like her if she wasn’t with Tony. But she doesn’t respect Gibbs or even try to.

Comment by K – December 30, 2011 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • preach!

Comment by Steph – December 30, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m signing your post K.
          Of course, what she did in Tel Aviv was wrong, but she was a mess and had some sort of breakdown. She questioned everyone and mistrusted everyone, too.
          Besides, Ziva got captured and abused in Somalia. She has suffered enough.
          EJ generally doesn’t trust people. She said the only men she trusted were the man on her team.
          Basically, she has it in common with Gibbs.
          Ziva trusts everyone on the team.

Comment by Svenja – December 31, 2011 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Good job making my point for me on several counts.
          These are the same excuses people make all the time in the court system.
          They are also the same excuses abusers make for why they abuse. “It’s my upbringing, someone didn’t love me enough”
          For the record, I liked Kate, but she had flaws just like any other character. She did understand being a partner when on the job, however. She also understood the chain of command. She would never have even JOKED about turning off surveillance and would never have put a gun to anyone’s chest in anger, as a joke, to make a point or anything else.
          I’m still scratching my head how Ziva’s captivity in Somalia gives her a bye on anything. We don’t know what happened aside from the initial beating. We can assume whatever makes us happy but you know what happens when we assume….

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – January 1, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason I don’t like all those random love intrests for the character are that they have no cemistry compared to the main cast AT ALL!! I like Tony and Ziva (and McGee and Abby) Because Michael, Cote, Sean and Pauley have a whole lot of cemistry! I don’t find Cote and Enrique’s cemistry convincing, and Tony and EJ have no spark at all!(I have nothing against the actors, they’re all very good!)
    It’ almost a repeat of M. Allison Heart and Gibbs, it seems forced. And if Gibbs should be with someone I vote for Abigail Borin!
    But on the whole Tiva front, I agree with what Cote said on the season 6 DVD. Alot of times you build something up and it becomes a big deal, but then when it’s finally resolved you kind of think “Was that it?” What they did on Bones turned out great, but it could have been the death of the show! But NCIS can’t go to having a family storyline about Tony and Ziva because they would end up being really out of character. I like the banter and the fighting, the flirting and tension, that is what their relationship is build on.

Comment by Sam – December 29, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she’s back to close that chapter and leave that storyline way behind us, the same goes for Ray because this whole thing of Ziva and Tony being with a lot of people except each other is getting a little bit tiring I mean I do love the sexual they have every time they are on screen together but can we get at least ONE real kiss seriously is it too much to ask after six almost seven years???

Comment by lulu – December 29, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not too much to ask. I could see a kiss happening this season. It doesn’t have to, but there is a possibilty with all of the trouble coming up.

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think anything will happen. He’s pretty angry at her, and he has a right to be.

Comment by Olivia – December 29, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed! after all she did leave him to die. If anything lovey dovey happens I’ll be very annoyed. He should be pissed off at her.

Comment by Steph – December 29, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And if he forgave her like he has already done when someone else in his life who he cared about hurt him, then would it be okay to hope for lovey dovey between he and EJ?

Comment by Tony and EJ – December 29, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • you can’t compare Tony/Ziva’s relationship with Tony/EJ. Tony & Ziva have been close for years. EJ’s only been around a couple months.

Comment by Steph – December 29, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sure I can!

Comment by Tony and EJ – December 29, 2011 03:30 PM PDT
        • Tony – don’t turn your back on ej will you ?

she can’t be trusted – you will really die this time !!!

Comment by editor ncis – December 29, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She can’t be trusted, but she also doesn’t trust NCIS and the team. It’s a web of mistrust.
            I hope she won’t die. Just leave town in peace in the end. They’ve killed enough female NCIS agents on the show.

Comment by Svenja – December 30, 2011 12:28 AM PDT
  • The only reason I’m interested in this episode at all is so that EJ and the whole very disappointing storyline from the end of last season can just die a natural death (figuratively speaking, of course, because if yet another female character gets killed off, we’ll just have more moping around for an episode before she gets utterly forgotten…as happened at the beginning of this season). This arc has been poorly-thought-out and poorly-executed. While EJ isn’t as bad as MAllison, I found nothing believable or appealing about her.

…and I don’t want ANY romantic pairings on the show. The only ones I’ve enjoyed are the Vances and Jimmy and Breena. With everyone else, the writers seem bent on making these characters inexplicably unable to have a normal relationship. So I’d rather leave the romance to the fanfic writers.

Comment by E Fish – December 29, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Tony and EJ get together – keep it offscreen. Not a Tiva/Ziva fan, so I’d love to see Tiva disappear. I use to like Ziva – wish they’d get back to her original character – just not 2 guns shooting/beating up people who she could never beat up. None of the characters are realistic but she goes way beyond reality.

Comment by vicki – December 29, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO. just no. i hate EJ. Im not a shipper of any kind so it isnt that. but NO. I just do not want EJ coming back on the show.

Comment by EJ hater – December 29, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeez, she’s like mold in the walls, isn’t she? She just won’t go away. And before the idiots pile on me: No, I’m not some sophomoric, twu wuv must pwevail, die for our ship Tiva nut. EJ is just annoying, period.

Comment by Ashley – December 29, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “mold in the walls” .. Ashley may I use that? I will quote you of course.. SHE IS, …. flipping classic metaphor.

NCIS WRITERS ATTENTION ATTENTION are you listening???

Comment by RachelW – December 29, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone help me here. I have watched and rewatched the “Paris” episode a bunch of times, and I’m clearly missing something about the supposed action between Tony and Ziva. What is it that happens exactly that everyone keeps referring back to the “thye’ll always have Paris” moment? WHAT moment? Where did I miss it???????

Comment by Liana in San Diego – December 29, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Paris thing is complicated. Something (god knows what) happened off-screen. Tony and Ziva shared a hotel room and a bed (they just talked about it. They didn’t show it). Tony said “we will always have Paris” at the end of the episode. They never discussed what happened in the hotel room, but the TPTB of NCIS have dropped a few hints here and there that the topic might be dealt with some time in the future

Comment by Svenja – December 29, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony doesn’t look to be in a very forgiving mood there, THANK GOD. EJ just needs to get the hell out. Tony belongs with ZIVA. (Luckily, other pictures show him smiling at Ziva and her smiling back! There are none like that with him and EJ, haaa)

If anything happens between EJ and Tony this episode besides them saying goodbye… Ugh. Just no. Please no.

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – December 29, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need this episode, the Ray episode and the 200th episode (if what spoilers I’ve read about it are correct) to be over so they can just focus on the team again.

Comment by Clarissa – December 29, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hes probully thinking,if I make a play for her,will Gibbs whack me again?Wants a pizza too at this time,wheres mcgee and whats abby up to?Zeva outside watching the door,across the street.

Comment by Roym – December 29, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s funny! We need a little humor in here.

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MEH I just can’t wait to see EJ and Ray gone forever. Bring on the Tiva and stop with this insipid love interest nonsense, please.

Comment by JD – December 29, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BRAVO!!!!!

Comment by RachelW – December 29, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DITTO

ej is a pain and so annoying

she is really starting to ruin NCIS and all around her I think

Hopefully this is her very final appearance !!!!

Comment by editor ncis – December 29, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony/Ziva. ’nuff said.

Comment by ~NCIS lover~ – December 29, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well I doubt anything would happen since it was pretty obvious that they had no contact after the season finale and the 9 opener. im sure it will be awkward.. can’t wait!

Comment by sima – December 29, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to see this episode because I want to know what happened with Tony in that alley. And I really wish that EJ and Ray leave after this episode! Anyways I don’t think Ziva’s relationship with Ray will last long because haven’t u noticed that whenever Ziva falls in love with someone, something always happens to that person! And With Tony, it’s the same , something always happens with his girlfriends! And yes EJ does treat him nice, but Ziva and Tony have always had each others back!! And Tony said it himself that he can’t live without Ziva! ( btw he couldnt have lied because he was given truth syrum or something that’s makes u tell the truth). I really wish that EJ and Ray leave NCIS for GOOD!! Tiva all the way!!!

Comment by Tiva fan – December 29, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And yet Tony lied repeatedly to Salim and to Ziva (remember the rescue plan? He obviously knew that Gibbs was going to snipe Salim, but he told Ziva some story about helicopters turning sand into glass and a rescue that could take days). So much for truth serum. And as all the courtroom dramas say ‘were you lying then or are you lying now?’ With Tony, for everything he said, which things were lies and which things were true?

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol, no. Tony was on truth serum and couldn’t lie. After talking to Vance, Tony asked Gibbs “Do you have a plan?”. Gibbs only smiled and said “It’s better if you don’t know.” So, no, Tony didn’t spilled the rescue details to Saleem because he didn’t knew them.

Comment by Gibbs_coffee – December 29, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Tony knew Salim was going to die in 30 seconds. He said it. It happened. He was not lying then. And yet, he told Ziva something else. Please do some research on truth serum. It really can’t make you tell the truth, though it may make it much harder for you to tell a lie because of its effect on your brain.

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There is a difference between withholding information and lying.
          Tony said “you’re gonna be dead soon” to Saleem very early in the episode. He knew the plan and he didn’t lie to Saleem. Tony was very honest (because the chemical effects in his brain were giving him a hard time. You can fight the serum, but it takes training etc)throughout the whole “interrogation”. d

Comment by Svenja – December 30, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tony said “F16 raptors that will turn sand into glass” — he did not lie, he never finished telling her.. and if you see what he was doing he was half out of it at the time , and stalling as best that he could.

This “tony lies” stuff is tedious, with respect and a very old debate.

We know dialogue .. we for one hour a week (and USA marathons) get to live through some great characters.. I would hate to see the writers begin to ‘do their own thing’ instead of following the path so clearly laid. If they screw this up with TIVA.. it will be a primal cry TV has not heard in a long time.

Comment by RachelW – December 29, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you knew dialogue, you wouldn’t be fighting facts. LOL!
          Tony was lying quite a bit, actually what he mainly was doing was deflecting and quoting movies, but he was also lying pretty readily. He left out some details but gave enough of an answer to relieve the symptoms. His motor mouth and his ability to deflect is what worked so well with the truth serum loosening his tongue. While he may not have had all the details, Tony knew Gibbs was going to snipe Saleem – he told Saleem immediately before he was killed! His job was simply to keep himself and McGee alive long enough to not get dead. Keep talking so Gibbs could kill Saleem.

Comment by Tiva is TOXIC – December 29, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I want to see the writers remain creative and tell the stories they want to tell, not the story that some fans want to tell. Writing a show based on the wishes of some fans (be it for Tiva or against) is not being true to the series or the writers’ creative talents. Do they hope you’ll like their work? Yes, who wouldn’t want someone to appreciate the work they’ve created. But they have to fulfill their vision, not ours. That’s what it means to be creative. I would hate to see what the Mona Lisa would look like if drawn by a committee. I would hate to read a Gone With The Wind that was written by comittee. So here’s to writers being creative and not writing to cater to the fans, because if they go that route they will succeed only making a few happy and losing the rest.

Comment by NCISRocks – December 29, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How much more clear can we be NCIS? HELL to the H to the N to the NO! We do not , I repeat do not LIKE EJ, we do not want EJ near our Tony , period. Dot. End. The entire time we watch, we are hoping that CIRAY and EJ run away into the sun.. (notice I said INTO the sun) … yet they string this out to make us nuts. TIVA OR BUST BABY.. and we mean that.

Comment by RachelW – December 29, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am just happy that were finally getting a team storyline instead of Ziva storyline

Comment by Michael – December 29, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • mmh nope, this is not a team storyline either.. It is obviously a Tony storyline.

Comment by debb1 – December 29, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amen to that!! When I saw the pic and read the inferred comments from the writer I got to my stomach. I’m hoping this is the last time we ever see EJ. I am so sick of her. She is so dang annoying. Tiva all the way!! And another tidbit, Tony’s bucket list had “tell her” at the bottom and “discuss Paris”. Have a feeling the tell her person isn’t exactly EJ so I wish they would get rid of her permanently.

Comment by Kat – December 29, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Tell her” is far more likely Jeanne, or maybe Wendy or some other woman in Tony’s life.
      “Discuss Paris” could just as easily be ‘hey, cool it with suggesting we did something when we didn’t’ or ‘hey, I know we both got a little drunk and we shouldn’t have gone there so please don’t read anything further into it’ or plenty of other scenarios.
      The whole ‘Tiva’ thing is so awkward and destructive to the teaminess of the show and the characters, it’s ridiculous. Several of the characters have been damaged by SB’s need to elevate Ziva: Ziva, Gibbs and Tony especially. It’s the shark circling in the water.

Comment by srsly – December 29, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could go either way on Tiva. I used to root for them more back several seasons ago but now the whole “will they or won’t they” or “have they or haven’t they” has gotten a little tired. If it does happen, I don’t think it will until the end of the show’s run anyway. That being said, characters like Jeanne, EJ, Ray, etc don’t bother me ( I actually liked Jeanne) because I know thas not what this show is about. This show is about the core team: Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, Tim, Abby, Ducky and to a lesser extent Palmer and Vance. I personally have never understood all of the Ziva ( and Kate when she was on) hate.

Comment by Julie – December 29, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tiva – we have been teased long enough, its time for it to happen. If they keep it in the subtext everything will be fine. The world and the show will not end because of a ship, get real.

Comment by Inevitable_shipper – December 29, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We are real and we seen it before

CSI
      the list go on

Comment by Michael – December 29, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • .. really? L O L

Comment by omg – December 29, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Power Ranger? LOL

Comment by Svenja – December 30, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony/Ziva, partners, soulmates, endgame. everyone else is just a bump on the road ^-^

Comment by /\_/\ashl/\_/\ – December 29, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it keeps building towards Tony/Ziva, I don’t care about EJ. I just hope she doesn’t die, because knowing Tony he will blame himself for it and I don’t want to see him suffer :(

Comment by Gaara – December 29, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will always support the underdogs(Tony EJ Gibbs and every other character on NCIS) so if the show does get rename Tiva and become more about Ziva then we the fan lose

Comment by Michael – December 29, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since when are Tony and Gibbs underdogs?
      They get most of the screentime and are the most popular characters.

Comment by Svenja – December 30, 2011 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony is so far from being an underdog, they might as well re-name the show “Tony’s NCIS”. There were six Tony-centric episodes last year and three more this year starting with the season opener which was all about Tony and his amnesia. And how much longer are we going to have to go through Tony’s growing-up arc, something that started more than a year ago as he again and again re-learns that he wants to be more grown up. Once upon a time this used to be a group show; now it’s all Tony, Tony, Tony (tm Jan Brady).

Comment by Kate – December 31, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I kinda agree with you here Kate.
        Don’t get me wrong, I love Tony and Michael Weatherly is probably my fav male actor out there, but I kinda miss the team-focus. It’s very focused on Tony these days. How about giving McGee a bigger arc? I would love to see that. To me, he is the underdog. I don’t know why the focus is so heavy on Tony lately. Maybe because it’s the only character where Pro and Anti Zivas are in agreement. Both sides love him. Plus he is part of one of the most discussed topics (concerning NCIS) on the internet and very popular.
        But the show should focus a little more on the team as a whole or maybe McGee for a certain time. I want to see more of McGee and them to explore more facettes of the character.

Comment by Svenja – January 1, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like the sound of that – “Tony’s NCIS”. Tony is not working on growing up, he’s working on getting the life he wants, and I could watch that process forever. Considering that the show presented Tony as The Clown for over two years then tried to reinforce that concept by having Ziva tell Tony straight up that he is the class clown, I think they’ve had to work extra hard to redeem what they themselves almost destroyed about the character. And considering that even here, people are still calling Tony immature and silly, means the show has more work to do. So I’m all for Tony, Tony, Tony.

Comment by All Tony All The Time! – January 1, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope this is EJ’s last appearance. All she does is take screen time away from the majority of the cast barring Tony. She’s been way too central to this arc instead of just a small part of it. I don’t even care about Tony/EJ, it’s the EJ character itself I’m done with.

Comment by nas – December 29, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obviously the romance between Tony & EJ is over but hoping they keep her coming back for a couple of eps a year like Borin. I like what she started out as (before SB shredded her)& she reminds me a bit of Paula. Plus I like the Tony we see with her.
    As far as all the cries, whines, demands for more tiva – that just needs to die – if it isn’t dead already. Ziva & Ray in an off-screen relationship works well. Tony with either someone like Paula or maybe Wendy in, again, an off-screen relationship – showing he’s found a way to balance the 2 cups.
    Tiva is beyond TOXIC for the show & the team.

Comment by as – December 29, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, Tony has a ring on, but he’s also loading his weapon. So, hopefully he’s ending that “marriage” with a bullet.

Comment by jmf76 – December 29, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yep, just like he did in Undercovers with ziva….

Comment by as – December 30, 2011 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony doesn’t wear it in another promo photo of the episode. I think the photo has been shot during rehersals. Michael always wears his wedding ring during rehersals. It has nothing to do with the episode. They aren’t undercover. They are hiding in a safe house

Comment by Svenja – December 30, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post