First Look: Erica Durance Transforms Into Wonder Woman for Harry's Law

Lois Lane is… Wonder Woman?

Not quite, but Erica Durance, who played Smallville‘s enterprising journalist, will be slipping into the superheroine’s duds when she guest-stars on Harry’s Law on Wednesday, Jan. 11 (NBC, 9/8c).

As TVLine previously reported, Durance plays a psychologically damaged woman who takes on the persona of the popular DC Comics character to exact vigilante-style justice. (Cue the Harry’s Lawyers.) Now, we have your first look at the brunette beauty in costume.

Haven Star Emily Rose Heads to Harry’s Law

As Smallville fans are well aware, Durance wore a lot of outfits during her time on the Superman-in-the-making series — including a Amazonian warrior princess get-up not too different from that of Diana Prince’s alter ego. But, she says, nothing compares to the “very surreal” experience of sporting the real thing.

“It was a lot of fun,” she shared during our visit to the Harry’s Law set. “I think any woman would be lying if she didn’t have a moment’s hesitation — you know, you’re jumping into some pretty tight clothes. But it’s so much more than that. It’s such an iconic character.”

Check out this first photo of ED as WW, then read on for more….

Speaking of crime-fighting couture, was Durance grateful to don the latest incarnation of the costume, which features pants versus skin-bearing, bathing suit-like bottoms — akin to a version worn by Adrianne Palicki for Harry’s Law creator David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman pilot?

“I will say this: There’s a whole difference to being ready to wear Underoos and being ready to wear a pair of pants that are slim-fitting,” she replies with a laugh. “I am grateful that I am wearing the pants. And I like the new costume.”

Here’s one more peek at the “super” Harry’s Law episode. Hit the comments with your approval.

1. Kara says:

Love her!!! Why hasn’t anyone given this woman a leading role yet????

2. woolanayu says:

Aaah! excited! she looks so fierce! Thanks for the update. X

3. Dave says:

I have never watched Harry’s Law but I will be tuning in for this episode. Love Erica!

4. Yamil says:

Can we record the WW pilot again with a new script and Erica as the lead?! Please!!! Never saw her as Wonder Woman (I blame my obsession with Bridget Regan for this) but she is perfect!

• Jem says:

That script was so….wrong I have doubts that Erica, as awesome as she is could make it right. BUT if anyone could, it’d be her. She’s awesome after all.

5. Jimmy says:

Now THAT is how Wonder Woman should look.

• Anna says:

If Erica had been chosen last year; Wonder Woman would have been a hit!

I’m also thrilled that we don’t have to wait for March to see Harry again!

6. javier says:

Wowww!!!! Beautifull. Is a Angel. She is WONDER WOMAN

7. Cynthia says:

Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see this episode!*_*

8. allie says:

Erica Durance deserves her own show like STAT.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

She has one, it’s just that it’s a new Canadian production (and has since been ordered to series): http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/smallville-erica-durance-saving-hope-pilot/ But maybe ABC or CBS will grab it for summer a la ROOKIE BLUE/FLASHPOINT.

• allie says:

Haha, I actually did know that (^fangirl, of Durance and TV Line), I guess what I meant, and should have articulated more clearly, was one that’s on the air currently. :D I really hope that “Saving Hope” gets picked up! Though am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that for all the times she had to play an unconscious Lois Lane in Smallville, her character in Saving Hope is a brain surgeon?

9. Jesse says:

Erica looks great!

10. Sarah says:

Best Lois Lane EVER.

11. Angela says:

Erica looks AMAZING! She totally should play WW in any future projects!

12. Jude says:

Wow. Is that the same costume from the failed Wonder Woman pilot? Looks a lot like it. On Adrienne P it looked borderline skantastic but on Erica it actually looks kinda cool. Let’s face it, Erica Durance would look like a goddess in anything she wears!

13. Jem says:

If there is a God, his name is Matt Mitovich…ok I’m over exaggerating but wow. Erica, wowza. She looks fabulous and this photo is made of win. And looks aside she is also pure gold. Can’t wait for the upcoming Harry’s Law episode.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

This scoop is all Vlada Gelman :) She’s based out of L.A. and was able to visit the set when ED was filming her episode.

14. Stefan says:

That is the exact same outfit they used for the unaired Wonder-Woman pilot, right? It looks exactly the same

• Carrie says:

It looks the same to me, too. It would make sense, since David E. Kelley was also the creator of that show. Erica Durance looks fantastic, of course.

15. Monique says:

I have a girl on Erica Durance. She’s so beautiful and talented.

16. OMG! i MISS SO MUCH ED *_________*
    diva!!!!!!!!!!
    so amazing (=
    we love u ED

17. Gabriela says:

Happy Birthday to me!! My favorite lady on the whole world as Wonder Woman the day of my Birthday. Just wow…thank you Universe

18. Bobby says:

Love this. Erica was probably the best Lois Lane since Margot Kidder and she’s be a perfect Wonder Woman.

19. James says:

Excited to see Erica on TV again!

20. What!? says:

Maybe if she was WW in the busted pilot them maybe it would have gone to series. I saw the pilot, and while it wasn’t great, it certainly wasn’t the train wreck that people said it was. Maybe a couple of reshoots and rotating cast could have saved it. Well, guess we’ll never know. Also I feel that this WW will give the same speech that Adrienne gave in the WW pilot.

But on another note…OMG this will be the best episode of Harry’s Law EVER!!!! Hope NBC advertises this episode during it’s NFL wild card games.

21. Vane says:

Erica Durance is a WONDER WOMAN so Beautiful :)

22. Summer says:

She definitely looks better in the suit than Adrianne Palicki did!

23. Joker says:

Looks awesome!

24. Psiqueue says:

HELLO New Computer Wallpaper!!!

Can’t wait to tune in…

25. Baron says:

Wow, she looks gorgeous. As if it wasn’t enough seeing Erica in a Amazon princess outfit in Smallville season 9 she goes ahead and wears a bonafide Wonder Woman costume! She looks amazing, beautiful, much better than Adrianne Palicki did and I can’t wait to see the episode!!

26. M says:

How nice that David E. Kelley is recycling a storyline from The Practice where someone thought he was Superman. I wonder if she’ll jump out a window too.

• Doug-H says:

That’s why I have a problem with Harry’s Law… I’ve seen it all before from DEK between Boston Legal and The Practice… But I will certainly tune in for this… Just enjoyed seeing the series ender of Smallville again that was shown on TNT in the middle of the night this week ( thank you DVR)…. How I miss that show on Friday nights…

27. Elizabeth says:

Erica Durance looks as stunning as always. I love watching her play beautiful and powerful women — first Lois Lane and now a pseudo Wonder Woman. The twist that her character, Annie, has gone too far in her quest for justice adds an interesting layer which I’m anxious to see play out. Thanks for continuing to kick ass, Erica, and thank you TV Line for the photos. They’re such a treat for this Durance fan who can’t wait to see Erica back on screen in this guest spot and, hopefully, in her new show SAVING HOPE. She’s simply a fantastic human being.

28. Luke says:

O_O

Thank you!! :)

Cannot wait to watch this episode, hope it’s advertised during NFL games. A nice treat before Erica brings us Saving Hope (hopefully on US network TV this summer)!

29. James says:

Wow she looks amazing even in the DEK WW costume. The tiara is awful and pants suck! But this actress could probably make anything look good, and I could believe her as WW. I will be excited to see this episode even though I normally don’t watch it. The pilot DEK WW script was hideous beyond belief. I only wish they had stayed close to the iconic WW and her iconic costume. DEK really effed up the pilot big time.

30. Sarah says:

Wow, great belated Christmas gift from Santa. Love, love Erica and will def tune in for the episode. How gorgeous does she look??

31. Susan says:

Erica Dirance is too fat and old for WW!

32. Mary says:

Erica is not a good actress!

33. tj says:

Can’t wait to see Erica Durance in Harry’s Law. She looks incredible, very sexy lady.

34. Kaibosh says:

Good to see that NBC was able to re use the costume from the failed pilot. At least they got SOME value out of it.

35. Mike says:

Yeah, Erica Durance looks way too fat in that tight latex and lycra…. Sorry I lost my train of thought….

36. FAMA says:

Waoo Bella is Erica Durance, not only the best Lois Lane in the last years but Wonder Woman is a SPECTACULAR. SUCCESS FOR HER FOREVER

37. Lol says:

Oh look, TWOP trolls! :)

38. kevin says:

She was without a doubt the hottest Lois Lane ever and way better than Teri Hatcher and I can’t wait for HARRY’S LAW when it returns on January 11th. Erica Durance may have been a great choice to be WONDER WOMAN not Adrianne Palicki in which NBC failed to picked up as a series for Fall or mid-season.

39. Richard says:

Wow! I was one of the folks who thought the WW costume looked horrible before but seeing it now being worn by this new actress really gives me a different perspective. It looks great to be honest.

40. Maddie says:

Erica Durance is made of so much win! I can’t wait to see the episode.

41. Karen says:

Fantastic! Can’t wait to see this episode. Ms Durance looks stunning in the new WW costume, she really does it justice.

42. Anthony says:

it sound nice and all. But she already played a role in the DCU in Smallville. That’d be kind of like, trying to play 2 characters at the same time.

But even if so, she should dye her hair black just to stay consistent because thats what WW’s hair color like in the comic. Oh! Not to mention keeping her traditional suit because the outfit with the pants looks ugly.

• Jude says:

So Anthony, what part of her playing a character who THINKS she’s Wonder Woman didn’t you understand? And playing two characters at the same time? Well she will be portraying a woman who retreats into the Wonder Woman persona to get away from her harsh reality. So that’s two characters at the same time right there. But of course you’re moaning about the fact that Erica Durance got to play Lois Lane AND an incarnation of Wonder Woman (twice even!); and suggesting that a working actor is not allowed to play more than one DCU character, EVAH. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at your reasoning skills. Seriously.

43. Tom says:

She looks hot. I’ve never see this show before and I had no idea Kathy Bates was starring in a TV show. I’ll definitely tune in for Erica Durance. I loved her on Smallville

44. Em says:

If only David Kelley and NBC can reboot Wonder Woman and cast Eica for the role.

45. godzilla's_foil says:

Looks fantastic as a fetish (yum!), but just about the same as Palicki for an actual (horrible) pilot episode. Get over yourselves!

46. Eliza says:

Thanks so much for the article and photo of Erica. She looks so beautiful. I really miss her and Smallville so much. ED and TW were the hottest Lois and Clark ever. I can’t wait to see this episode!!!!

47. Tha JackaL says:

She is awesome! I love Erica, and she is the one true Lois Lane of our generation…. She’s a great actress, and man she’s smoking hot in that outfit! :)

48. Darcy says:

Hopefully this will boost the show’s ratings as well.

49. Jem says:

In that case there is a god and her name is Vlada Gelman ha.

50. Fates3 says:

Woot!!!

Awesome shots of Erica! I don’t know that even the incredibly awesome and talented Erica could have saved that mess of a “Wonder Woman” pilot, but I think she would have come across as a much better Wonder Woman than AP did, at the very least!

I cannot wait to see this! And I really hope that her new show, “Saving Hope” gets picked up too! I need Erica back on my screen on a weekly basis!