First Look: Erica Durance Transforms Into Wonder Woman for Harry's Law

Get More: First Look, Previews, Scoop

Lois Lane is… Wonder Woman?

Not quite, but Erica Durance, who played Smallville‘s enterprising journalist, will be slipping into the superheroine’s duds when she guest-stars on Harry’s Law on Wednesday, Jan. 11 (NBC, 9/8c).

As TVLine previously reported, Durance plays a psychologically damaged woman who takes on the persona of the popular DC Comics character to exact vigilante-style justice. (Cue the Harry’s Lawyers.) Now, we have your first look at the brunette beauty in costume.

Haven Star Emily Rose Heads to Harry’s Law

As Smallville fans are well aware, Durance wore a lot of outfits during her time on the Superman-in-the-making series — including a Amazonian warrior princess get-up not too different from that of Diana Prince’s alter ego. But, she says, nothing compares to the “very surreal” experience of sporting the real thing.

“It was a lot of fun,” she shared during our visit to the Harry’s Law set. “I think any woman would be lying if she didn’t have a moment’s hesitation — you know, you’re jumping into some pretty tight clothes. But it’s so much more than that. It’s such an iconic character.”

Check out this first photo of ED as WW, then read on for more….

Speaking of crime-fighting couture, was Durance grateful to don the latest incarnation of the costume, which features pants versus skin-bearing, bathing suit-like bottoms — akin to a version worn by Adrianne Palicki for Harry’s Law creator David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman pilot?

“I will say this: There’s a whole difference to being ready to wear Underoos and being ready to wear a pair of pants that are slim-fitting,” she replies with a laugh. “I am grateful that I am wearing the pants. And I like the new costume.”

Here’s one more peek at the “super” Harry’s Law episode. Hit the comments with your approval.

Comments (137)

• Love her!!! Why hasn’t anyone given this woman a leading role yet????

Comment by Kara – December 29, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has one; it’s called Saving Hope and will be airing in Canada in 2012.

Comment by Khorrie – December 29, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nobody is going to see that but Canadians and they don’t count for anything.

Comment by Robert – December 29, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Really? I hope you’re enjoying all the shows that WE created, WE broadcast, and then WE send down to you. See if you can figure out which ones they are, ignorant American.

Comment by BRETT – December 29, 2011 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Also… Come up with some original Canadian jokes, will ya?

Comment by BRETT – December 29, 2011 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The classics always ring true. Canadians don’t count, and likewise Canadian shows don’t count.

Comment by John Harmon – December 30, 2011 07:58 AM PDT
          • I wish you Canadians would send down ReGenesis Season 4 to Hulu, been waiting a good five years for that. Feels like five years at least. And send more stuff with Callum Keith Rennie, Tyron Leitso and Hugh Dillon. And more Kids in the Hall. I’ve never even seeng Being Erica, and finding Durham County was hard.

You know what, just send everything, thank you!

Comment by Plum – January 3, 2012 07:57 AM PDT
        • You’d be surprised to find out how many Canadian actors are in American TV shows and how many American TV shows are actually filmed in Canada ;)

Comment by Matt – December 30, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • …except curing cancer and AIDS

Comment by Davison – January 2, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is why no one likes Americans, get over yourself, the US is not the center of the world.

Comment by Captain Awesome – January 2, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because every American is an arrogant ass, right Captain Awesome?

Comment by Rye_ – January 2, 2012 10:01 PM PDT
        • She’s .. um .. a Canadian, right?

Comment by sumdewd – January 18, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And with Michael Shanks (best known as Daniel Jackson in SG-1) too, who played Hawkman in Smallville and shared some great scenes with Erica.

Comment by timotey – December 30, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I loves me some Michael Shanks!

Comment by Anna – December 31, 2011 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aaah! excited! she looks so fierce! Thanks for the update. X

Comment by woolanayu – December 29, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never watched Harry’s Law but I will be tuning in for this episode. Love Erica!

Comment by Dave – December 29, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we record the WW pilot again with a new script and Erica as the lead?! Please!!! Never saw her as Wonder Woman (I blame my obsession with Bridget Regan for this) but she is perfect!

Comment by Yamil – December 29, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That script was so….wrong I have doubts that Erica, as awesome as she is could make it right. BUT if anyone could, it’d be her. She’s awesome after all.

Comment by Jem – December 29, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now THAT is how Wonder Woman should look.

Comment by Jimmy – December 29, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Erica had been chosen last year; Wonder Woman would have been a hit!

I’m also thrilled that we don’t have to wait for March to see Harry again!

Comment by Anna – December 31, 2011 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wowww!!!! Beautifull. Is a Angel. She is WONDER WOMAN

Comment by javier – December 29, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see this episode!*_*

Comment by Cynthia – December 29, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Durance deserves her own show like STAT.

Comment by allie – December 29, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has one, it’s just that it’s a new Canadian production (and has since been ordered to series): http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/smallville-erica-durance-saving-hope-pilot/ But maybe ABC or CBS will grab it for summer a la ROOKIE BLUE/FLASHPOINT.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 29, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha, I actually did know that (^fangirl, of Durance and TV Line), I guess what I meant, and should have articulated more clearly, was one that’s on the air currently. :D I really hope that “Saving Hope” gets picked up! Though am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that for all the times she had to play an unconscious Lois Lane in Smallville, her character in Saving Hope is a brain surgeon?

Comment by allie – December 30, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica looks great!

Comment by Jesse – December 29, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best Lois Lane EVER.

Comment by Sarah – December 29, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica looks AMAZING! She totally should play WW in any future projects!

Comment by Angela – December 29, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She should play everything in all projects.

Comment by lethargic – December 29, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can´t disagree with your comment! She is out of this world.

Comment by Fê Rosa – December 29, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Word.

Comment by guy – December 29, 2011 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Is that the same costume from the failed Wonder Woman pilot? Looks a lot like it. On Adrienne P it looked borderline skantastic but on Erica it actually looks kinda cool. Let’s face it, Erica Durance would look like a goddess in anything she wears!

Comment by Jude – December 29, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If there is a God, his name is Matt Mitovich…ok I’m over exaggerating but wow. Erica, wowza. She looks fabulous and this photo is made of win. And looks aside she is also pure gold. Can’t wait for the upcoming Harry’s Law episode.

Comment by Jem – December 29, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This scoop is all Vlada Gelman :) She’s based out of L.A. and was able to visit the set when ED was filming her episode.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 29, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is the exact same outfit they used for the unaired Wonder-Woman pilot, right? It looks exactly the same

Comment by Stefan – December 29, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It looks the same to me, too. It would make sense, since David E. Kelley was also the creator of that show. Erica Durance looks fantastic, of course.

Comment by Carrie – December 29, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a girl on Erica Durance. She’s so beautiful and talented.

Comment by Monique – December 29, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! i MISS SO MUCH ED *_________*
    diva!!!!!!!!!!
    so amazing (=
    we love u ED

Comment by Raquel Emanuele – December 29, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Birthday to me!! My favorite lady on the whole world as Wonder Woman the day of my Birthday. Just wow…thank you Universe

Comment by Gabriela – December 29, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this. Erica was probably the best Lois Lane since Margot Kidder and she’s be a perfect Wonder Woman.

Comment by Bobby – December 29, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited to see Erica on TV again!

Comment by James – December 29, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe if she was WW in the busted pilot them maybe it would have gone to series. I saw the pilot, and while it wasn’t great, it certainly wasn’t the train wreck that people said it was. Maybe a couple of reshoots and rotating cast could have saved it. Well, guess we’ll never know. Also I feel that this WW will give the same speech that Adrienne gave in the WW pilot.

But on another note…OMG this will be the best episode of Harry’s Law EVER!!!! Hope NBC advertises this episode during it’s NFL wild card games.

Comment by What!? – December 29, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Durance is a WONDER WOMAN so Beautiful :)

Comment by Vane – December 29, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She definitely looks better in the suit than Adrianne Palicki did!

Comment by Summer – December 29, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly!

Comment by Jude – December 29, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks awesome!

Comment by Joker – December 29, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELLO New Computer Wallpaper!!!

Can’t wait to tune in…

Comment by Psiqueue – December 29, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, she looks gorgeous. As if it wasn’t enough seeing Erica in a Amazon princess outfit in Smallville season 9 she goes ahead and wears a bonafide Wonder Woman costume! She looks amazing, beautiful, much better than Adrianne Palicki did and I can’t wait to see the episode!!

Comment by Baron – December 29, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How nice that David E. Kelley is recycling a storyline from The Practice where someone thought he was Superman. I wonder if she’ll jump out a window too.

Comment by M – December 29, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s why I have a problem with Harry’s Law… I’ve seen it all before from DEK between Boston Legal and The Practice… But I will certainly tune in for this… Just enjoyed seeing the series ender of Smallville again that was shown on TNT in the middle of the night this week ( thank you DVR)…. How I miss that show on Friday nights…

Comment by Doug-H – January 6, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Durance looks as stunning as always. I love watching her play beautiful and powerful women — first Lois Lane and now a pseudo Wonder Woman. The twist that her character, Annie, has gone too far in her quest for justice adds an interesting layer which I’m anxious to see play out. Thanks for continuing to kick ass, Erica, and thank you TV Line for the photos. They’re such a treat for this Durance fan who can’t wait to see Erica back on screen in this guest spot and, hopefully, in her new show SAVING HOPE. She’s simply a fantastic human being.

Comment by Elizabeth – December 29, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O_O

Thank you!! :)

Cannot wait to watch this episode, hope it’s advertised during NFL games. A nice treat before Erica brings us Saving Hope (hopefully on US network TV this summer)!

Comment by Luke – December 29, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow she looks amazing even in the DEK WW costume. The tiara is awful and pants suck! But this actress could probably make anything look good, and I could believe her as WW. I will be excited to see this episode even though I normally don’t watch it. The pilot DEK WW script was hideous beyond belief. I only wish they had stayed close to the iconic WW and her iconic costume. DEK really effed up the pilot big time.

Comment by James – December 29, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, great belated Christmas gift from Santa. Love, love Erica and will def tune in for the episode. How gorgeous does she look??

Comment by Sarah – December 29, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Dirance is too fat and old for WW!

Comment by Susan – December 29, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry you feel that way Mary….I mean Susan….I guess 33 is a kinda old for 12 year olds with multiple personas.

Comment by Jude – December 29, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Erica Dirance maybe. Erica Durance definitely not. If you want to bash someone, at least learn how to spell their name.

Comment by timotey – December 30, 2011 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blah blah I’m a hate-filled Chloe/Lana fan blah blah.

Comment by Bo – December 30, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica is not a good actress!

Comment by Mary – December 29, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right!! Erica is not good….she’s a fantastic actress.

Comment by Sarah – December 30, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Erica Durance in Harry’s Law. She looks incredible, very sexy lady.

Comment by tj – December 29, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good to see that NBC was able to re use the costume from the failed pilot. At least they got SOME value out of it.

Comment by Kaibosh – December 29, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, Erica Durance looks way too fat in that tight latex and lycra…. Sorry I lost my train of thought….

Comment by Mike – December 29, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol. Erica is fat is all the right places!

Comment by Jude – December 29, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If only everyone could be as ‘fat’ as her. She’s perfect!! Not too thin or fat.

Comment by Sarah – December 30, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Waoo Bella is Erica Durance, not only the best Lois Lane in the last years but Wonder Woman is a SPECTACULAR. SUCCESS FOR HER FOREVER

Comment by FAMA – December 29, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh look, TWOP trolls! :)

Comment by Lol – December 29, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was without a doubt the hottest Lois Lane ever and way better than Teri Hatcher and I can’t wait for HARRY’S LAW when it returns on January 11th. Erica Durance may have been a great choice to be WONDER WOMAN not Adrianne Palicki in which NBC failed to picked up as a series for Fall or mid-season.

Comment by kevin – December 29, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! I was one of the folks who thought the WW costume looked horrible before but seeing it now being worn by this new actress really gives me a different perspective. It looks great to be honest.

Comment by Richard – December 29, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Durance is made of so much win! I can’t wait to see the episode.

Comment by Maddie – December 29, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! Can’t wait to see this episode. Ms Durance looks stunning in the new WW costume, she really does it justice.

Comment by Karen – December 29, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it sound nice and all. But she already played a role in the DCU in Smallville. That’d be kind of like, trying to play 2 characters at the same time.

But even if so, she should dye her hair black just to stay consistent because thats what WW’s hair color like in the comic. Oh! Not to mention keeping her traditional suit because the outfit with the pants looks ugly.

Comment by Anthony – December 29, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So Anthony, what part of her playing a character who THINKS she’s Wonder Woman didn’t you understand? And playing two characters at the same time? Well she will be portraying a woman who retreats into the Wonder Woman persona to get away from her harsh reality. So that’s two characters at the same time right there. But of course you’re moaning about the fact that Erica Durance got to play Lois Lane AND an incarnation of Wonder Woman (twice even!); and suggesting that a working actor is not allowed to play more than one DCU character, EVAH. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at your reasoning skills. Seriously.

Comment by Jude – December 30, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks hot. I’ve never see this show before and I had no idea Kathy Bates was starring in a TV show. I’ll definitely tune in for Erica Durance. I loved her on Smallville

Comment by Tom – December 29, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only David Kelley and NBC can reboot Wonder Woman and cast Eica for the role.

Comment by Em – December 29, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks fantastic as a fetish (yum!), but just about the same as Palicki for an actual (horrible) pilot episode. Get over yourselves!

Comment by godzilla's_foil – December 29, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much for the article and photo of Erica. She looks so beautiful. I really miss her and Smallville so much. ED and TW were the hottest Lois and Clark ever. I can’t wait to see this episode!!!!

Comment by Eliza – December 29, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is awesome! I love Erica, and she is the one true Lois Lane of our generation…. She’s a great actress, and man she’s smoking hot in that outfit! :)

Comment by Tha JackaL – December 29, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this will boost the show’s ratings as well.

Comment by Darcy – December 29, 2011 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will not.

Comment by BRETT – December 29, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And why no?

Comment by kelly – December 30, 2011 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m betting the ratings will improve by a lot!

Comment by Bo – December 30, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In that case there is a god and her name is Vlada Gelman ha.

Comment by Jem – December 29, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot!!!

Awesome shots of Erica! I don’t know that even the incredibly awesome and talented Erica could have saved that mess of a “Wonder Woman” pilot, but I think she would have come across as a much better Wonder Woman than AP did, at the very least!

I cannot wait to see this! And I really hope that her new show, “Saving Hope” gets picked up too! I need Erica back on my screen on a weekly basis!

Comment by Fates3 – December 30, 2011 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post