Chuck First Look: What's Sarah's Big Secret?

Sarah’s concealing a doozy of a secret on Chuck, and her hubby is making it his personal mission to uncover it.

On the heels of last week’s mysterious baby bombshell, Sarah abruptly scurries off to Hungary to head off at the pass whatever evil plan Shaw has set in motion — leaving Chuck to piece together what few clues she left behind.

Exclusive: Which Hit Show is Killing Off [Spoiler]?

“I’ve done some research on Hungarian culture, cross-referenced with general, horrible things Sarah might want to keep a secret,” Chuck tells Morgan in the following clip from Friday’s episode, which marks the introduction of Sarah’s first handler (played by White Collar‘s Tim DeKay) as well as her mother (Charlie’s Angels‘ Cheryl Ladd).

Watch the clip below and hit the comments with an answer to this question: What do you think Sarah is hiding?!

1. Gerald says:

Her real name is NOT Sarah. It’s Sam Lisa something. Sarah Walker was her spy cover name when investigating Chuck at the beginning of the series. This was revealed in earlier seasons but never picked up. She also has a mysterious life as a con artist prior to joining the CIA. With the series ending, I would hope they would address this.

• Michael Sacal says:

If Sarah Walker is not her legal name and that’s the name under which she married Chuck then their marriage isn’t legal.

That was a major goof on the part of the writers. She should have revealed her real name before they got married.

• Katy says:

Just beacuse Sarah Walker isn’t the name she was born with, doesn’t mean it’s not her legal name, ever heard of a little thing called a change of name deed? When she was young, she was involved with illegal activities with her father, so it makes sense that when she joined the CIA she, or her superiors, changed her name (don’t forget the guy who recruited her knew all about her past). Plus she is undercover, so would in no way use her real name, again I’m sure she is covered as it’s not like she’s a scam artist (anymore!!!) who lied to chuck about who she is and lied to a minister to get married etc. Just because things aren’t sorted out on air, doesn’t mean they don’t happen. You don’t see them using the bathroom, but you gotta assume that they all go at some point! There’s only so much you can cover in a little over 40 mins a week.

• ultimate troll says:

Well aren’t we instructive. And THANKS for the we “don’t see them using the bathroom” nugget. That is so often just as relevant as whatever piece of nonsense people are complaining about the writing not addressing.

What else do you know? Please pinch off another loaf of your wisdom!

• IceTear1 says:

I think that Sarah is made her legal name when Graham gave her that name recruiting her in the cia. Because on prenup there was also name Sarah Lisa Walker, so I think that´s the legal name now.

• Red Five says:

I’d bet that “Sarah Walker” is just as much her legal name now as “John Casey” is his. Obviously, that’s within the confines of the show’s universe.

• cathy says:

I love the TV series CHUCK–BUT aren’t you taking it a little too serious?? (:>)

2. whatever says:

lol haven’t they already done that with the episodes her father has been in? I’m pretty sure the writers have forgotten about Sarah’s ‘real’ name anyway. This episode will probably focus more on whomevers baby that is and when Sarah joined the CIA, that’s my guess.

3. fen says:

Frankly, what’s more interesting about this clip is the Awesome and Ellie “spy talk”. I really do think you were on to something Aus, with your prediction of a spin-off! As for Sarah, I think she probably has a secret daughter/son out there somewhere that she has been protecting.

4. Scott says:

I’m betting Sarah is NOT a mother. I think she ‘met’, killed the parents of, or some other interaction in her early spy days that she felt responsible for and those nasty little maternal instincts reared their ugly head! ☺☻

• Sxott says:

I’m betting Sarah is NOT a mother. I think she ‘met’a baby who she, killed the parents of, or some other interaction in her early spy days, that she felt responsible for and those nasty little maternal instincts reared their ugly head! ☺☻☺
      Sorry – typing’s hard today

• Merissa says:

I’m hoping that’s true. Frankly I’m a little scared for this episode I thought it was farfetched.

5. Katy says:

Yeah I’m kinda hoping she’s not a mother. I mean, that would be a pretty HUGE thing to hide from her husband, even if she hid the baby for it’s protection, she should be able to trust Chuck with that. So I’m also goign for (hoping for even) that it’s a baby that she interacted with in some way or other in her early career. Also, if they’re bringing in Tim McKay, it would be AWESOME of they could bring back Matt Bomber’s Bryce in some way or another, even if it’s via flashback. It would be a nice symetery as he was the one who sent Chuck the Intersect all the way back in teh pilot, so would be a nice rounding up.

6. Bob L. says:

Maybe Morgan’s the baby’s father.

7. seenitall says:

You don’t read the news about tv land , this house last season , grey’s is on the block they will go on with little grey . It’s chuck’s last season they are killing everything and we can do nothing about it .

8. Nick says:

OKAY!! I am confused…It’s a baby and CANT be Bryces or Shaws since they have been gone over 2 years…so whose is it??? Chuck’s?

9. Katy says:

Nick, he never said it was STILL a baby, just said the baby in hungary. as tim mckay is coming in as her first handler in this episode, i think it’s safe to assume that this baby is from her early career – which by far supercedes both shaw and chuck, but perhaps not bryce as they had worked together for years AND been a couple.

10. Katy says:

I apologise, Tim DEkay doh! looong day!

11. Dd says:

I still remember back in the pilot, the last scene, where Chuck had a flash of Sarah in a surveillance video being all bad ass and kind of villainous looking shooting people and then at the surveillance camera, and Chuck muttered his trademarked don’t freak out or something. I thought for sure Sarah would be revealed as a double agent or at least a dark background, but that was never explored again. I’m kind of hoping they address that, or maybe I’m reading too much into that scene, but gosh, i hope she doesn’t turn out to be a mother.

• JKR says:

I’m pretty sure the shooting people part was Sarah’s red test when she shot Shaw’s wife.

“I hope she doesn’t turn out to be a mother” @Dd: I don’t think she can be. THe part in the preview where she gives her mom the baby, the baby looks too old to have been Sarahs. Also…now we get the “it’s complicated” relationship with her mom that sarah always refers to.

• Katy says:

Good memory – I had ALMOST forgotten that!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTrd8q033B8

It seems to show Sarah’s past though, and she WAS a spy before she met Chuck, he wasn’t her first assignment, she must have been quite experienced to be assigned as his handler – he did hold the nations entire cache of top secret secrets after all, so they wouldn’t give him to a rookie!I wouldn’t read too much into why this hasn’t really been addressed.

• Ari says:

I hope that is what it is. I’ve always been kind of apathetic about the Sarah-centered storylines. They’ve always been a bit lackluster (IMO). I’m hoping this turns out to be awesome and not silly Sarah has a secret baby stuff.

12. Lewis says:

Sarah Walker is the result of the most successful sex change operation ever?

13. Angel says:

Hey Aus, I am lost, how many episodes left in the series? I am going to miss it.

14. Katy says:

6 eps left :( don’t know what I’m gonna do without it!!!

15. Kerry says:

My first thought was guilty by association about seeing Tim DeKay. I know that the baby is not Chuck’s or Shaw’s, (have you forgotten that Sarah didn’t even meet Shaw until season 3?) Probably not Bryce’s and hopefully not Sarah’s. It’s just some minor plot twist that the writers put in so that the show would go out with a bang and not a fizzle. There isn’t much more left to mess with anyway, with only 6 episodes left. They better make the finale good, or else the writers may no longer have heads.

16. Kgn says:

I don’t know the secret , but addressing the problem of Sarah’s actual name, I’d guess she kept Sarah Walker because it was with that name that she met Chuck ,so she identifies with that name on an emotional level. As for the legality of the name, well… I would assume a government alias is a legal name. But whatever, I can’t wait for the next episode.

17. Maddie says:

The only way the baby could have been born while knowing chuck (if it is Sarah’s) is if she gave birth in the time before season three when they were not talking. It’s the only way she could have hid the pregnancy. For that to happen at all… She must have had sex with either Bryce or Cole which did not happen. But all the way through the trailer the child is a baby so Sarah can not be the child’s real mother! IT’S TOO COMPLICATED!

18. lucia says:

è in inglese il video..potete tradurre quello che dicono per favore….grazie

19. TheDude says:

If they can get Tim DeKay for one episode, then why not Matthew Bomer for one last go round as Bryce Larkin?

20. Angie says:

Look at the trailer, when Sarah is talking to her mum, her hair is long, Sarah doesn’t have long hair in season 5 remember! I think this could be a flash back of her previous life. So for all we know this baby could be a child now! Also Sarah said something along the lines of “Mum, I can never see you again” … And has Sarah seen her mum throughout this entire series? NO! Hmmm i think this episode is going to give us a lot of details of her past! SO EXCITED! Can’t wait for this! :)

21. Hermoso says:

That was a good spot and a good point you made Angie, i agree with you

22. Hermoso says:

BTW what happens on the clip because its not working for me. What is said??

23. Steph says:

Ok, so in the preview, when we see the baby, Sarah has long hair. So I’m thinking that it’s a flashback?

If it’s not, then there’s no way that the baby is Sarah’s, because Chuck (and us fans) have been around sarah for pretty much five years. The baby is no way near being that old. Unless she went away for like 9 months. But yea. Pretty certain it’s not her baby. :)
    Can’t wait for Saturday afternoon when I can watch the ep. That’s the worst thing about living in NZ. :)

24. Aiden says:

So psyched for this upcoming episode. Sarah may be my favorite CHUCK character (Chuck’s a very close second) and more backstory for her is aces no matter what in my book. Can’t wait. This teaser is not helping!

25. jess says:

Adopted baby perhaps? Most of the preview seems to be a flashback or a dream of some sort; showing Sarah’s long hair. Maybe the baby is now a toddler or a child in the present time? Not sure. She might’ve adopted the child with Shaw or something “when they went to Hungary” [ugh]
    The possibilities of that child being [legally] hers are pretty high too if you think about it. [Although I hope to God it’s not.]
    And this whole “Sarah Walker” name thing… I think Sarah Walker is her legal [but not real] name. If you’ve seen her CIA identification/badge before she got fired, it has her name, Sarah Walker. As if that doesn’t make her legit enough.
    haha. Jesus, why is this woman so mysterious?

26. Hayyy says:

I just cant wait for this ep. Curiousity kills me!

27. Hannah says:

Wait a second…. Who is Tim Dekay supposed to be? Where does he come in the show… I have never even seen him…And why was he torturing Sarah in the commercial for tonight’s episode? Please let me know someone! It will be greatly appreciated!!!!:)

• MB says:

@Hannah Tim DeKay is playing Sarah’s old CIA handler. He co-stars with Matt Bomer (Bryce) in White Collar so there is hopefully going to be some meta/in-jokes about that too.

28. Hannah says:

I’m scared for this episode!

29. Hannah says:

Ok.. he was Sarah’s former CIA handler, but i still need o know why he was torturing her!!!!

30. lovingChuck says:

That baby belongs to Shaw and his wife, Sarah had long hair when she killed her as her first assignment, and Tim DeKay was her first handler….. My guess.

31. Simi says:

Too bad that this is the last season:(

32. Ray William Johnson says:

Sarah’s hair is long so it is a flashback of her past.She can’t tell Chuck the secret so there’s a pretty good chance that baby is her’s from her past spylife.The episode air’s today so just wait for it on NBC.

33. Samuel says:

Thanks for the teaser clip and into, TV Line. There is lots of speculation about Sarah Walker’s baby here in the comments.

Thanks for the link Tyler. :)