TVLine Items: Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek, Watch Kristen Bell's Sexy House of Lies Now, and More!

Seriously?

Meredith and Alex have their hands full in the first promo for the return of Grey’s Anatomy on Jan. 5. While they’re dealing with the disastrous aftermath of the fall finale’s SUV-meets-ambulance collision, poor Teddy still doesn’t know that her husband (True Blood-bound Scott Foley) dead on Cristina’s operating table. We repeat: Seriously?

Looks like Owen will come under fire from all corners for his decision to keep mum. Will Cristina be the one to spill the sad beans to her mentor?

Check out the preview below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Showtime has made the premiere episode of its new dark comedy House of Lies, starring Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell, available online at Sho.com, iTunes and select On Demand channels, smartphones and tablets. Or you can just check out a bleeped-n-blurred edit here and watch for some eye-opening guest star turns by Greg Germann (Ally McBeal), Anna Camp (The Good Wife) and Megalyn Echikunwoke (90210).

House of Lies debuts Jan. 8 at 10/9c.

• The bitch is back on The Good Wife, so says Rita Wilson, who revealed on Twitter that her character, ambitious attorney Viola Walsh, will be making a return later this season.

• Tracey Gold (Growing Pains), Bug Hall (The Little Rascals), Ethan Phillips (Star Trek: Voyager) and Edward Furlong will star in the Syfy original movie Arachnoquake, premiering in 2012. The totally realistic plot is about an earthquake that unleashes giant (!) albino (!!) spiders.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Jon says:

I can’t find the House of Lies pilot on iTunes ):

2. sandee says:

Sorry Mr Cheadle and Ms Gold I will not be watching anything that deals with gianormous spiders <vapors commence)

3. Abbey says:

What’s the buzz about House of Lies? Any scoop?

4. LG says:

I got HBO for Game of Thrones and now I might have to get Showtime for House of Lies…I need more KBell!

5. Ellen Love says:

Oh my, what an unfortunate photo you selected of Ellen Pompeo/Meredith Grey for the main page.

• Ari says:

Sometimes I think TV line selects the worst photos on purpose. I mean really there aren’t any better ones out there?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’s an acting moment, as tribute to Ms. Pompeo’s incredible ability to move us. Beauty shots are a dime a dozen. I stand by the choice.

• Alex says:

I agree with Matt. Using that picture was a much better decision than using a beauty shot. The picture is attention grabbing and far more expresive of what the article and promo are about that some random pretty picture of Ellen Pompeo. Matt you tand by the choice and I will stand by you!

• Alex says:

I agree with Matt. Using that picture was a much better decision than using a beauty shot. The picture is attention grabbing and far more expresive of what the article and promo are about that some random pretty picture of Ellen Pompeo. Matt you stand by the choice and I will stand by you!

6. janey says:

I love Kristen Bell so I kind of wish I had showtime. The pilot was interesting, so maybe I’ll just wait for the series to come out on DVD.

7. Mari says:

OMG Kristen Bell again on my teevee :’)

8. Brock says:

The House of Lies pilot is awesome. I loved it. So many layers to the show,esp Don’s and the relationship he has with friends, family and the Ex is undeniably brilliant!

9. dan says:

The House of Lies pilot was more interesting than I thought it would be. I’ll give it one more episode.

10. Cody says:

There was nothing remotely interesting about the House of Lies pilot. Unless KBell and her comedic talent are going to be used more, this is not a show worth watching. The pilot offered nothing new or different.

11. Danielle H says:

ROFL @ the pilot; makes me wish I had Sho… loved the dark comedy of it all. Even the little things (i.e. the lackey w/ the stacked energy drinks) were right up my alley. Too funny!

12. Christina says:

Okay, this “Let’s not tell Teddy” storyline is ridiculous and contrived in so many ways that I don’t know if I can stomach to watch it. Owen, you’re a coward.

13. Aaron says:

Ummm…I totally thought Edward Furlong was dead.

14. Dani says:

I’m glad I stopped watching Grey’s after last season. This sounds rediculous since Teddy just realized her feelings not that long ago. But I am excited to see Scott Foley on True Blood this summer!

15. D says:

Since we’re talking about Showtime and how the first episode of House of Lies is out there I guess it’s also worth noting that the first episodes of the new seasons of Shameless and Californication are also kicking around online as well. Both seasons seem to be very promising as the premieres were both fantastic. Just putting it out there for the other impatient Showtime fans all around the world.

16. blahdeeblah says:

Wow… the promo for Grey’s is amazing! I’ve always loved their promos, even if the drama is amped up for promotional purposes. Unfortunately I can’t view the video for House of Lies since it’s not available in my country but I’ll suss out the plot of the show online, I’m sure it’s talked about on some website.

It’s not high on my ‘To-watch’ list but I’ll make room for it if it’s interesting. There’re just too many new shows that don’t make the cut and I don’t want to get too invested in it, case in point: Charlie’s Angels.

17. Dora says:

Cristina, as the lead surgeon, should be the one to tell her mentor that her husband is dead. I’m glad Meredith is okay. I’ll be watching but I think it was a mistake to air this two months after the first parter. Sort of anticlimantic at this point.