NCIS' Ziva David Wins Our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament!

She faced some brutal opposition over the last month — and vanquished six butt-kicking babes in hand-to-hand combat in the process — but NCIS‘ Ziva David ultimately reigned victorious (and absolutely gorgeous) at the end of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

Indeed, it’s time to congratulate tough, sexy Ziva — and her portrayer, Cote de Pablo — for taking home the top prize in our 64-player, single-elimination tourney, which tallied nearly 1 million votes from start to finish. Ziva’s win bookends that of her star-crossed sparring partner/crush, Tony DiNozzo, who won TVLine’s Ultimate Male Law-Enforcement Crushes Tourney last month, proof positive that you can’t underestimate the power of the NCIS fan nation.

Over the past month, Ziva handily defeated Rookie Blue‘s Andie McNally, JAG‘s Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie, and NCIS: Los Angeles‘ Kensi Blye, then picked off Criminal Minds‘ JJ Jareau and Chuck‘s Sarah Walker to get through the Quarterfinal and Semifinal rounds. In the finale, she engaged in a 72-hour see-saw bout with Castle‘s Kate Beckett, before finally surging ahead in the final 24 hours to seal the deal.

Exclusive: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off [SPOILER ALERT]

If you’re interested in seeing how the full tourney played out, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and for all of TVLine’s bracket-tourney goodness, sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

So again, congrats to Ziva! May she live long, kick butt, and continue to raise TV viewers’ pulses. Huzzah!

Comments (528)

• Ziva David rules kick butt hard working agent

Comment by Ivan heath – December 29, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS is the best show out there…love the characters and the plot. For those of you who disagree…to each their own! Just a note though…if NCIS wasn’t such a great show, why is it I see repeats of NCIS but I don’t see repeats of the others…makes you wonder! Congrats to Ziva and the team!

Comment by Laurie – December 29, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cont: all that Makes her Sexy as Hell.

Comment by LiliBlue – December 29, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Just want to say ,that once in a while we get something worth see it.With so many reality programs that they dont make any sense. All the program that are repetion. We have how many judges in TV,white,black,hispanic,then we have,how many talk show during the night. Jay Lenno and etc.How many politic program GPS,Johnn King etc. Then all the police program , that one is a killer I think they have like 7.
    Now we have something in NCIS unique (NAVY) that really is good,well done,well cast and there is only another program similar.

Regarding Cote de Pablo. She is an excellent actress, pretty,and well prepare to face any challege in movies. I hope that the director and the casting director get a very good look at COTE DE PLABLO. No because because she is pretty that is understandable. Is because the quality of her work. Otherwise not only regular people are missing this actress,…. the people in Hollywood.

Comment by Idalia Cabrera – December 29, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! Cote de Pablo is so different from Hollyweird. She’ll have a successful career after NCIS.

Comment by Alison – December 30, 2011 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well done to every actress that was put in this poll! And congratulations to Kate, who made second place! I’m glad that Ziva won, but well done to everyone else! :) I personally am an NCIS and Ziva fan, so naturally I voted for Ziva, but well done to everyone else. :) It was a fun poll to be involved in, I think! (If only those rude comments about Ziva and Tiva fans weren’t made – then the poll would’ve been a lot more enjoyable)

Comment by Andrea – December 29, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cote is awesome love herr so much and her character kicks butt!!!! Congrats girl!!

Comment by danielle b – December 29, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow people really like to complain just because “their girl or guy” didn’t win a silly little contest.
    I’m happy that ziva won, she is a stunner :P

thumbs up to/if the fans really did alter this poll, i am rather glad.

Stop complaining its not going to change anything at the end of the day.

Comment by raven – December 29, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must admit, I didn’t get involved in this until the very end. Of course I voted for Ziva, she is and has been my favorite. When I went to the page I saw some very awesome women on both sides, actually something there for everyone. But what I find upsetting is the fact that many are not acknowledging the fact that just making the list was something special. There were many Great Women in the competition. Instead this is sounding more like the 2012 Presidential elections, with the polls being rigged, stations joining forces and so on and so forth. NCIS has been the No 1 show on TV for a few years now. Why? because that’s the show that the majority of the people watch, and it must be for a reason. My congratulations to Cote de Pablo (Ziva) for winning. The entire field of beauty, talent and appeal was over whelming.

Comment by Raymond Seward – December 29, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was kinds obvious that Ziva was going to win.. that NCIS was going to win. LET’S FACE IT!

Comment by Karen – December 29, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes she won !!! yaya :)

Comment by mercedes – December 29, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahem, could you all please get a life? Who cares who won, this was all just for fun.

Comment by MJ – December 29, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Amelia: Well if u don’t like either show, dah-ling, why comment?

Comment by Candie – December 29, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva is a awesome actress! She is so sexy and beautiful. I love it when she is on NCIS! She makes the show! Her acting is so real, I Love her miss Quote’s. She can be so serious and so funny at the same time. She is so sexy but at the same time she can kick butt! I love it when she protects Tony. She can woop four big guys at one time! Now that’s my kind of women! I can’t help it but I just love Ziva!
    I love NCIS all of the actors are top noch! They all are my hero’s. Thank You Ziva, you are the best! I’m so happy you won! Yep Pee!

Comment by Barry Plunkett – December 29, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not saying all the people who are upset about Ziva winning are Castle fans, but has anyone else considered that the argument about he NCIS fan base is unfair when you realize the men’s bracket was also NCIS/Castle? Seems to me like it would be fans of shows outside of these two that would be more vocal about the outcome. As such, this kinda makes Castle fans look like sore losers.

Comment by Mike – December 29, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People whining that their favorite fictitous charactor did or did not win a made up contest is lame, or spouting that it was fixed, rigged, or hacked to favor a certain fictitous charactor is lame…considering there is far more important things in the world to worry about.

Comment by Nooner – December 29, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont understand why people are fixed on the fact. Ziva won! It’s over with1 move on with your life because there is nothing you can do about! So stop whiny like a bunch of little school girls you anti’s! or you’re going to get like mobbed by the crazies.

Comment by That's what's up – December 29, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeaahh! respect.

Comment by NCISrespect – December 29, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next time you do this u need to put in Catherine Bell

Comment by jon – December 29, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ziva beat her in round 2: Ziva 66%, Jag 34%

Comment by frank j – December 29, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish I could learn how to FIGHT LIKE HER

Comment by OLLIE GONZALEZ – December 29, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TONY IS IN LOVE WITH GIBBS STUPID ZIVA FANS!!! GET OVER IT!!!! YOU CHEATED!!! TIVA SUCKS!!! ZIVA SUCKS!!! TONY IS IN LOVE WITH GIBBS 4-EVER!!!!!

Comment by tibbsshipper4ever – December 29, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^You’re so obviously a Tiva shipper trying to impersonate a Tibbs shipper. How can I tell? It’s easy…. a Tibbs shipper would NEVER say anything like that. Plus they’re way more intelligent and don’t insult other fans. See, easy! You left your Tiva signature all over that one. Give it up.

Comment by Mac – December 29, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew Ziva would win. She was the best choice thru the whole contest. Love NCIS, best show on TV.

Comment by Cathy – December 29, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, I’m a Castle fan, just started watching, only because I realized the star was from Serenity! Kate is a pretty girl, so is Cote de Pabblo, but if you put them in the ring, Ziva would kick butt, every time. Ziva’s character has been well developed over the seasons, and being Mossad, the world’s most efficient killing machine, she obviously crushed all of her opponents.

Why should we as fan’s of crime bustin’ TV shows be pitted against one another? Any contest when someone can vote over and over, the winner will be determined by the most determined voters! I don’t think this contest was rigged, but some people claim to have voted a hundred times! NCIS fans just cared more about their character, and must have had more time to make her the winner.

Viva, Ziva, Abby, Tony, Ducky, Tim, and Gibbs! Viva NCIS and CBC!

Comment by twfancy – December 29, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and i have watched NCIS for about the last 4 years, and i enjoy all of the cast members. thank you all for be both enteraining and exciting to watch.

Comment by Clayton Wood – December 29, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been both an avid NCIS and Castle fan from the beginning of each show and just have to say that while I love Tony and Ziva…Beckett and Castle are more “crushable”!!!! Here’s to the hope that each show continues to have a long run.

Comment by BW – December 29, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a fan of NCIS, but I was also hoping against hope that Ziva would lose. What we are seeing here is the reason why. It is possible to like NCIS and not like Ziva. It also has nothing to do with the presence or absence of Kate. Ziva is a polarizing figure because not every fan believes that the sun rises and sets because of her “greatness.” I don’t think she’s great, nor do I think she’s “kickass.” I find her to be very entitled, and I don’t like to be manipulated into liking anyone.

Gary Glasberg has toned Ziva down a lot, which I appreciate. She’s a lot more tolerable when she’s just plain human instead of “super.” Ziva will be part of the NCIS canvas until the end of the series. I know that. However, the fact that she won this tournament exemplifies why some NCIS fans don’t like her. She’s not all that, and I don’t think Tony is either.)

Comment by Andrea – December 29, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ya think? Don’t make me gibbs-slap you.

Comment by Gibbs – December 29, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and i have watched NCIS for about the last 4 years, and i enjoy all of the cast members. thank you all for being both enteraining and exciting to watch.

Comment by Clayton Wood – December 29, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ive watched NCIS ever since it came on TV,Im a avid fan.Zeva kicks butt.Ive seen every episode,even the ones on USA,I guess you could say Im a fan of NCIS.I allways look forword to Tony getting whacked by gibbs,and see what kind of outfits abby is going to wear,dont forget ducky,love his english accient.And then theres Leon,you know,the director over NCIS.At first,I thought he was a jerk,but get past that rough exterioir,he has a heart too.Face it,I love NCIS,and zeva,you rock!

Comment by roym – December 29, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think NCIS has far more appeal to Males than Castle, because of the “down and dirty, and sometimes gruesome” details of the field work…Both shows have a fairly good Female appeal because of the Male characters.
    ..I say this because almost all of my Sis-n-Laws watch Castle, mainly because of the Male lead…

Comment by markma – December 29, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lets do a web poll on ncis ziva vs abby?

Comment by brandi – December 29, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Abbey ALLLL the way!!!

Comment by Patti – December 29, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you spelled Abby wrong… twice:P

Comment by Tony – December 29, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for Ziva but to me the sexiest woman crime fighter is J J (A J Cook) on Criminal Minds but by the time I saw the poll, she was not there. However, Ziva can frisk me anytime.

Comment by BigDog – December 29, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS is the best Crime Show ever!!! Go Tiva…:)

Comment by Angela_NCIS-FAN – December 29, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would consider a life of crime if I could be sure EITHER Ziva or Beckett would “take me down” as they say. Cannot understand the hate, both (as well as the other contestants) are gorgeous ACTRESSES who play a part. It is just a part, seriously some of y’all sound like WWE or NASCAR fans with your “Love one, Hate the rest” mentality.

Comment by Big Dog – December 29, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did she ever go against Mariska Hargetey of Law and Order Special Victims? if so Mariska would have had my vote-but don’t get me wrong-she is waaayyyyyy above the rest of the field!!!

Comment by Leslie – December 29, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you have sceen Ziva n an evening gown u would not question why she won!!!!!!!

Comment by Randy Cromer – December 29, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Ziva is pretty but she is so snarky and mean all the time. I watch NCIS for Abbey!!! She totally rocks!!! And she is beautiful and has a personality!

Comment by Patti – December 29, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad that Kate got second place. Congrats Ziva on winning.

Comment by Tatiana – December 29, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way. Freakin’ way. Ziva!!

Comment by Teej – December 29, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne Strahovski was robbed! If anyone disagrees, then please check out the below video….

Comment by Ron Swanson – December 29, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well in my opinion both won ….look at all the traffic….

Comment by Ty – December 29, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva kicks butt. ‘Nuff said.

Comment by punker_rocker – December 29, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good job Ziva (Cote de Pablo). It makes sense that you win this since Tony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) won the male Law Enforcement side.

Comment by Gail – December 29, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett comes nowhere near

Comment by Barbara – December 29, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there is so many anti’s bashing on ziva. I just got oe thing to say.

Haters gonna hate.

Comment by Anti-hater – December 29, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • word.

Comment by Gilly – December 29, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s amazing Ziva won this race, in spite of all the hatred campaign by ncis anti-haven haters.

Comment by Boise – December 29, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear people who don’t think Ziva is hott,
    watch season 3, epiode 8 “Under Covers”, and see if u still feel that way;) also the competition is about who is more crushable anyway, not who is more hot. (Even though Ziva was hottest)

sincerely,
    TONY!

Comment by Tony – December 29, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva, Come arrest me anytime please bring cuffs and gun.

Comment by aHanak – December 29, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cote is SEXY! People it’s only for FUN! GET A LIFE WILL YOU! By the way Cote, I’m single!!!

Comment by mark clifford – December 29, 2011 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva is one bad ass babe! I don’t care what anyone says. She is DA WOMAN!!!

Comment by grimmreaper – December 29, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started to watch NCIS since S3. So glad Ziva came on board!
    Love her since “phone sex” in KillAri

Comment by becky – December 29, 2011 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What on earth happened ! Last time I checked – Beckett was way ahead . . . lol oh well !

Comment by angelstorm – December 30, 2011 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva David and Kate Beckett are definitely my two favorite tv woman, they diserved to be in the finals together!Best femal cops ever!

Comment by Tessa – December 30, 2011 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post