Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Whack Lead

Among the surprises Santa Claus left under my tree Sunday morning: The spoiler equivalent of a big ol’ lump of coal.

In a move that is sure to stoke shock and awe among fans, a major (and incredibly popular) character on a hit drama series will take his/her last breath during 2012. And I’m not happy about it.

What’s more, per the Grinch St. Nick the actor/actress in question in not going quietly into the night.

“There has been a lot of tension on the set,” whispers the spy, “because [spoiler] isn’t happy with how [pronoun redacted] is being killed off.”

And while there’s a part of me that admires this program’s willingness to laugh in the face of conventional wisdom by whacking such a pivotal character, it’s tough to imagine the show without him/her.

To put things into perspective, the departure of [spoiler] is as bold and audacious as this recent primetime loss.

Stay close to my Twitter feed for additional clues. In the meantime, hit the comments with your most educated guesses! Oh, and Happy Holidays!

Tags:

Comments (1,008)

• I always hate these blind items . . . it could be absolutely anyone – no point in speculating really . . .the odds of being right are slim to none.

Comment by angelstorm – December 26, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He said it was a popular character. Most people I know hate Bonnie

Comment by Will – December 26, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will Fiona on Burn Notice! Hope not but think this is it for her.

Comment by Trish – December 26, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Burn Notice was billed as action.

Comment by Lexie – January 1, 2012 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I instantly think of The Vampire Diaries in terms of killing off characters. But with this one, I really don’t see them killing off any of the 3 main leads. Can we at least know if the character is male or female?

Comment by tvaddict – December 26, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Selleck, Blue Bloods

Comment by Roger – December 26, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. He has not much to do except ruminate. He needs to get back to Jesse Stone. And if this “lead” is whacked will he/she be replaced adn with who? Laurence Fishburne?

Comment by Jeff – December 26, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s someone from the Walking Dead! Something was posted a couple months back about one of the cast members!

Comment by Antoinette – December 26, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad they said it’s drama series. There were spoilers on tumblr that in episode 12 has Glee highschool shooting. I sort of hoped Blaine dies.

Comment by Jenna – December 26, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was a fake spoiler post made by someone who just wanted to troll the fandom. I know someone who is friends with the girl who made it, and all of them are laughing at the entire Glee fandom for believing that post.

Comment by SW – December 26, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They should be laughed at if they think that Glee would do a school shooting. I mean… come on people, use common sense!

Comment by a – December 26, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has got Nancy Botwin (Weeds) written all over it.

Comment by Chris – December 26, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty sure Weeds is considered a comedy, not a drama.

Comment by Bartleby – December 26, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that it’s unlikely that it would be Bones or Castle or something like them that *rely* on the two main leads to carry the show. I also think we’re talking about an older show that’s not new this year. A new show probably wouldn’t gain any watchers by a random kill-off. However! An older show that’s more set in its ways and used to a routine could (in theory) gain watchers by mixing things up in the most dramatic way by killing off the lead. Not a smart move, in my opinion, but it’s definitely a gamble. I can’t see it being House, but it’s possible. I can definitely see it being Derek on Grey’s. Shonda does crazy shiz like that all the time, so it wouldn’t surprise me. CSI could be a possibility, but I’m betting it’s Grey’s.

Comment by @McKaylaBug – December 26, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WAIT! On second thought, that picture looks A LOT like Peter Bishop. Holy whoa. I mean… OMG. Please, no. It really, really looks like him….

Comment by @McKaylaBug – December 26, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I agree with your previous comment, I can’t say that Fringe falls into “hit drama” category.

Comment by ABC – December 26, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The picture is the standard blind item picture. It has nothing to do with the answer to the blind item.

Comment by Meg – December 26, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Morrison. She’s not on House anymore. But she doesn’t have to be on Once for the story to keep going.

Comment by Amy – December 26, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Morrison – Once Upon a Time

Comment by Jon – December 26, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since she has been defined as the only one who can break the curse, I think JM is not likely to be killed off.

Comment by Percysowner – December 26, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It would be amazing since the fandom can´t stand Emma. We are all Evil Queen fans!!!!

Comment by Cara – December 26, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love Emma :D she’s very popular on tumblr

Comment by Tom – December 26, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are not the fandom. The fandom loves Emma.

Comment by Alicia – December 27, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah,i`m not sure @Cara what you define as fandom but everyone on my F-list and Once-fanboard loves Emma and Jennifer…and btw you can be a EvilQueen fan and still be an Emma fan. I like the EQ too but i love Emma/JMo more ;)

Comment by Kelly – December 27, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Emma it’s a lead, and creators said last happy endings is for Emma, plus she solves the plots of all the guests, she is the only character who will stay until the end (of course)

Comment by YYY – December 26, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Greys Anatomy leads we contracted to end of season 8 and then it was being negotiated. If it was either of the leads, I don’t think it would be “the actor/actress in question in not going quietly into the night”. Just saying.

Comment by Bobbie – December 26, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Clay (Ron Perlman) from Sons of Anarchy.

Comment by Martha – December 26, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, I forgot about him! That would be awesome if it was him, his character just doesn’t work for me. I’m not sure why but he just doesn’t seem to fit the role that well. They could bring someone else in that would fit the show better.

Comment by Ali – December 26, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Willing to bet all of my Christmas presents that it’s Derek Shepherd.

Dempsey has been saying for years that he wants out after this season, and once the season actually started, TPTB shut him up real quick. Last I heard, they were in talks with him and Ellen but (and I think this was per Ausiello) his talks were not going as well as her negotiations were.

Things are tense on that set often (Isaiah Washington, TR Knight, Katie Heigl). Patrick has never been afraid to speak his mind (especially recently) about when the show is crap and when he thinks Shonda is screwing things up. And Ms. Rhimes, obviously, is not afraid to sacrifice her popular characters when things are too tense and actors are pissing her off.

So if negotiations fell apart with Dempsey, I can see it. And he would be angry with it. He’s always been an advocate for a happy MerDer and to see the relationship and the character that he’s put eight years of work into go out like this can’t be very pleasing.

Plus, it is SUCH a lazy plot development, which, let’s face it, is the norm for Grey’s. How many times has Derek “died” to toy with Meredith’s emotions and commitment issues? And now we’ll have yet another character death and yet another character grieving over her lost love. It will completely ruin any fizzling popularity the show still has, especially to those of us whose idea of “watching” Grey’s these days is going online and fastforwarding through everything that doesn’t involve Meredith or Derek.

Comment by Emily – December 26, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great analysis, which for an excellent guess, Emily. I’m with you.

Comment by Beth – December 26, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that Grey’s is a likely selection – though I could easily see it being Meredith or Derek – but I’m not yet convinced.

A) They’ve killed off George, they booted Dr. Burke and Izzy, they just killed Henry…I think they’ve sort of shown that they aren’t afraid to kill off major characters, so I’m not sure it would come as that much of a shock – to Ausiello or to us.

B)Even though Derek is a huge lead character, I feel like they’ve built up the other cast so much that the show isn’t necessarily dead without him – and Shonda has always said she wanted to explore the question “can the show sustain w/out the original leads”. I’m only half watching now – but at this point Derek’s death for me wouldn’t necessarily be a deal breaker. No more or less than any other major character.

C)It IS a lazy plotline and while I agree that in recent years the show has become somewhat less inventive, I can’t imagine that Shonda would go there – for no other reason than she’s already done it with a major character and how many tragedies can you possibly have in a single season?

Comment by C – December 27, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Caruso from CS:Miami

Comment by Joey Tarzy – December 26, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was David Caruso, Ausiello would be jumping up and down for joy. As would most of America.
      Of course, Caruso would have to look at the camera first for that to happen. What are the odds of that? Pretty slim.

Comment by PJM – December 26, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So much true about jumping up and down for joy.
        But the blind item is definitely not about Caruso. Pity.

Comment by fragesteller girl – December 26, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would think that 11.9 million CSI: MIAMI fans on Facebook, alone, would disagree with some of the posted comments here. If you love the H character or not, the H character is why most fans watch the show. If it is Lt. Horatio Caine (David Caruso), I would stop watching CBS all together. However, if the distorted picture is a clue, it does slightly resemble the Ryan Wolfe character on CSI: Miami and I would be really disappointed if they killed his character off, too.

Comment by h-cool – December 26, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That faded out actor picture in the article sure looks like Jensen Ackles aka Dean Winchester. Supernatural wouldn’t be that suicidal, would they? Then again the picture may NOT be anything like the real actor. SPN does like to kill though.

Comment by JJ – December 26, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They always use this picture for Blind Items, it doesn’t mean anything.

Comment by Annie – December 26, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks! Didn’t know that. Though wouldn’t put it past SPN in killing either J–they love the shocking death.

Comment by JJ – December 26, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Supernatural, but you absolutely cannot classify it as a “hit” show. It’s a cult/fan/and in some circles, a critic’s favorite, but the ratings are generally pretty bad actually. So I think the possibility of it being Dean is pretty low. Also yeah, SPN likes to kill. But how often does someone actually stay dead? Never.

Comment by Kate – December 26, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not saying it’s SPN–probably not but who knows. With regards to “hit show” not sure he’s being literal with that. Hit would be a top 20 show or so–wouldn’t doubt if the show he’s talking about is far from that. Hit could just be a hype word meaning little.

Comment by JJ – December 26, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There would be no show without Jensen or Jared. I’m pretty certain this blind item is about The Walking Dead.

Comment by Crystal – December 27, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well my guess would be Blaine on Glee, and he gets shot or something in a school shooting (seems just like a cliché Ryan Murphy could get behind).

Comment by Andy – December 26, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That shooting rumor was started by a fan. I don’t think it’s legitimate. Plus Glee is classified more as a comedy than a drama and this refers to a drama. Also, as popular as Blaine is, Glee would work just fine without him.

Comment by Krista – December 26, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, exactly, not to mention Blaine is popular in teenage girl fanbase though, but rest of the audience would probably jump from joy if he gets killed.

Comment by Wanda – December 26, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed, I would be thrilled if they killed of Blaine. Or maybe a Kurt/Blaine double death. Maybe that show would be watchable again if that happened.

Comment by Bartleby – December 26, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I actually like Kurt, but since season 3 started, he is only Blaine’s little dog who follows him around. He used to be role model for gay kids in season 2 and now he’s just a parody. Writers totally killed his character.

Comment by Wanda – December 26, 2011 11:07 AM PDT
          • I think Chris is aware of this as well. That Klaine scene in Extraordinary Merry Christmas was so ridiculous…Chris seemed in some moments like he is going to throw up.

Comment by Amanda – December 26, 2011 11:11 AM PDT
          • But that’s not Blaine’s fault. Both characters are victims of mediocre and lazy writing. I understand that Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk were busy with AHS and that’s why they hired new writers, but it was the worst decision. These six people ruined Glee.

Comment by Marisol – December 26, 2011 01:06 PM PDT
        • Sorry to tell you, but I’m 24, and I love Blaine, as do the rest of my mid-twenties-aged friends. It isn’t just teenage girls who like him. Blaine and Kurt are two of the most popular characters on the show, you can’t say “the rest of the audience” because that’s way off. Maybe 1/3 of the audience.

Comment by SW – December 26, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • This is true. People shouldn’t generalize. I’m what they call teenage girl (17 y old) and I dislike Blaine. My sister is 22 and she likes him.

Comment by Paula – December 26, 2011 01:48 PM PDT
        • Adult male here. I like Blaine. He’s one of the few characters on the show who isn’t a jerk 90% of the time. I seriously don’t understand what there is to dislike about him.

Comment by H – December 26, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Maybe the fact he drunkenly forced himself on Kurt and Kurt had to be the one who apologized? Or basically calling Sam slut? Or talking with Sebastian in the front of Kurt instead of sending him away? I don’t know, but for me is Blaine biggest jerk and douchbag in season 3 and I I seriously don’t understand what there is to like about him.

Comment by MKR – December 26, 2011 09:14 PM PDT
          • I liked Blaine in season 2, but his behaviour this season is really weird. I don’t know what they did to his character, but he is really unlikable now. Also they push him in almost every scene, is boring already.

Comment by sara – December 26, 2011 11:36 PM PDT
  • Kyra. The Closer is now closed.

Comment by Ronny – December 26, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg. It’s totally Peter from Fringe. I won’t watch anymore if it’s him.

Comment by Michelle – December 26, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love and adore Fringe. Calling it a hit is stretching it even for me. I don’t think it’s Peter.

Comment by Percysowner – December 26, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. When I first read this the first person I thought of was Ms. Brenda Lee!

Comment by Jill – December 26, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Nick Stokes from CSI.. we always get hints in these spoilers and he mentioned ‘st nick’ and ‘stoke’. Also, he mentioned ‘recent primetime loss’ and CSI are about to lose marg.. It would be brave of the show considering that so many fans love nick and he’s the only original cast member that is still around (after marg leaves) that gets treated like a lead and not just a co-star (most of the time).

Comment by amy – December 26, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Derek from Grey’s Anatomy?

Comment by kirsten – December 26, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A scary blind item! This could be any show. We need more clues!

Comment by Daisy – December 26, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think people should read into the word “hit” too much.

The bigger question is what Ausiello defines as a “lead”. To me a lead would be the character credited first, or the title character. Not anybody on the main cast.

Comment by Jamie – December 26, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My personal guess would be Walter or Jesse from Breaking Bad, or just about anyone from NCIS.

Comment by CJ – December 26, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I heard this was the last season and I am expecting a showdown between Jesse and Walt. Best show ever IMO.

Comment by Babs Bladdyblah – December 30, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love it to be Nick Stokes, his character is boring IMO, but I doubt CSI would do that, especially with Marg leaving. Maybe one of the other CSI spin-offs is possible.
    I also doubt it is Sedgwick or Laurie or any other lead who is also an exec producer of their show, since i would think they would have more input into their storyline.
    I guess a Glee character is possible, since several of them are graduating and not returning. And that would definitely be shocking, and newsworthy.

Comment by Jenna – December 26, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The “recent primetime loss” he’s comparing this to is the death of a character on Boardwalk Empire. I don’t think it’s hint about the answer.

Comment by Meg D – December 26, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen rumours Jared Padalecki is being written out of Supernatural but I don’t think that counts as a ‘hit’ show.

Comment by Clare – December 26, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where did you hear that?

Comment by JJ – December 26, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too would like to know your source.

Comment by Percysowner – December 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not the OP but those rumours have been showing up on Tumblr. I doubt they’re true though.

Comment by Maria – December 26, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve seen a lot of Tumblr comments saying there are rumours he wants out because he has a baby on the way and doesn’t want to be stuck out in Vancouver filming for long hours and that’s why Misha Collins is coming back \o/. But I think that’d make JPad more likely to stay for the economic security. And yeah I don’t think it is this because SPN isn’t a hit show by any stretch of the imagination, it’s tanking big time.

Comment by Maria – December 26, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, that sounds like tumblr gossip–nothing more. But SPN isn’t tanking. It has dropped some this year but the CW has dropped overall by even more. SPN is guaranteed another year–it’s doing better than most of the shows on the CW. With regards to it being a “hit show” Aussielo might not mean that literally–just an empty hype word.

Comment by JJ – December 26, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it’s not even rumors, just wishful thinking of the die-hard Castiel fans.

Comment by Nic – December 26, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hello, I am a die-hard Castiel fan and I don’t want Jared written out. Neither do any of the many die-hard Castiel fans I know. Where do you get off making accusations like that? That’s like me saying all the Castiel-haters are Samgirls.

Comment by Maria – December 26, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not the OP, but calm yourself. If a rumor like that were to start, then it would most likely stem from diehard Cas fans that DON’T like Sam. There. Happy now?

Comment by vengeful – December 27, 2011 02:09 PM PDT
  • I’ve enjoyed reading everyones comments and there are a lot of options out there for sure. One show I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Parenthood. It has a huge cast and they haven’t really dealt with a death in the family yet. Would it be family patriarch Zeke? Would it be one of the kids? A lot of possibilities there.

Comment by Brian – December 26, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as it pains me, Parenthood is not such a hit (although it should be)

Comment by EC – December 26, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Beckett on Castle, too. They’re teasing a romance between Beckett and Castle at last and the only way for the show to go on after that would seem to be killing off Beckett, as Fillion has said several times he doesn’t want to go the Moonlighting route.

Comment by Mike – December 26, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Changed my mind. I’m now 90% certain it’s Boyd on Justified. It makes sense this would come up now too as they are currently filming.

Comment by Mr Loiter – December 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That wasn’t supposed to be in reply to Mike. Sorry Mike!

Comment by Mr Loiter – December 26, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show doesn’t work without her. Marlowe is smart enough to know that. Besides, as long as Fillion continues to sign for more years on his contract, it isn’t up to him whether he wants to go the Moonlighting route or not.

Comment by DL – December 26, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s his show. Regardless of contract, if he nixes a storyline, it’s nixed.

Comment by Mike – December 26, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um, no. It’s Marlowe’s show. If Fillion is contractually obligated to keep filming, he has to keep filming whether he likes the storyline or not. That said, I couldn’t imagine Fillion would be in favor of them killing Beckett.

Comment by DL – December 26, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No Beckett = No Castle. Andrew Marlowe knows it.

Comment by Katarzyna – December 27, 2011 07:14 AM PDT
          • Ever heard the story from the original “Newhart” series? They came up with the brilliant idea of having Bob and Emily have a child. Newhart called them up and when they asked him his opinion, he replied: “It’s great. Who are you going to get to play Bob?” Ever since, stars have had substantial input on the series. Fillion could find a million ways to break that contract if he’s really unhappy — so keeping him happy is a priority.

Comment by Mike – December 27, 2011 07:51 PM PDT
    • Nathan and his “Moonlightning Curse” obsession is totally ridiculous. There were many more and more important reasons for “Moonlightning” to die than the leads getting together. Writers’ strike was one of them, firing the show’s original creator also didn’t help and the new writers definitely had no idea what to do with the characters. The lack of imagination and creativity and BAD WRITING killed “Moonlightning”. Andrew Marlowe and his writers’ team are definitely smarter. Plus, if you remember, Bruce Willis was making “Die Hard” movies at that time, so it also was keeping him far away from “Moonlightning” set, Cybil Shephard was pregnant with twins and was dealing with difficult pregnancy… Enough? Somebody should really slap mister Fillion in the head, so he starts THINKING.

Comment by Katarzyna – December 27, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl Dixon – The Walking Dead

He is the most popular character on TWD and he’s pivotal because most of the other character fans couldn’t care less about.

Also, a couple of weeks ago an article was posted saying that a cast member from TWD was leaving because of the whole Darabont thing. Darabont created the role of Daryl for Reedus, he would be pretty loyal to him after that.

Comment by AJ – December 26, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reedus tweeted out after being asked if he quit, and I’m paraphrasing but basically that no way in hell, he loves the show/cast/execs, etc….from the sound of this article it doesn’t seem as though the person and the execs are on great terms. Reedus and Gale Anne Hurd tweet back and forth often, he’s tweeted out pics excitedly of himself and Nicotero and he was goofing around with both Nicotero and Kirkman on Talking Dead after E7.

The tone of this article, at least for how they depart, nowhere near fits Daryl.

Comment by Anon – December 30, 2011 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh god if this is Chuck from Gossip Girl I will never watch it again! That would kill my heart.

Comment by Alyssa – December 26, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was going to be my guess. Seems set up for it to happen.

Comment by Bartleby – December 26, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay)?

Comment by Danny – December 26, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, let it be Chuck Bass.

Comment by Eve – December 26, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, no, no, no, no…

Comment by Sandra – December 26, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Noooo not Chuck.
        Nooo not Blair

Nooo not Dorota!

Comment by Sabi – December 26, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would LOVE it if Chuck died, but I don’t think Gossip Girl qualifies as a “hit” drama. :(

Comment by alskdvnwl – December 26, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Victoria Grayson’s son.

Comment by Mr Loiter – December 26, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since he was shot in the premiere I don’t think it would be shocking if he died.

Comment by Meg D – December 26, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Scott Caan (Danno) from Hawaii Five-O in this one. Major character, people would be driven nuts if he leaves because he’s popular, popular drama. Of course, nobody would ever watch Hawaii Five-O again, but that hasn’t stopped producers before.

Comment by PJM – December 26, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I SERIOUSLY doubt that it’s Scott Caan. There is NO way he’s leaving Hawaii Five-0 of his own volition & NO WAY that he’d be written out. The Steve & Danno chemistry is what drives that show & TPTB know that & wouldn’t ruin that.

If it’s anyone from Hawaii Five-0, it might be Grace Park. There’s been talk since the end of last season, within the fandom, that she allegedly misses being in Canada with her family (her husband is based there)–she lives in Canada when they’re not filming Five-0. And her character, Kono, has even less to do this season than she did in S1 & isn’t being as “kick ass” as she also was last season. Plus there’s precedence with the character of Kono–the male version of Kono, in the original Hawaii Five-0, was only in the show the 1st 4 seasons (the actor was allegedly fired because of some discontent series star Jack Lord found with something he allegedly did).

Having said that, that’s just TOTAL speculation on my part based on what I’ve read/heard wihin the fandom. I don’t know it to be the truth. And despite my post, I SERIOUSLY still doubt any leads will be killed off of Hawaii Five-0 this season. Besides, they already killed off Jenna Kaye… who was only a recurring character… this season.

Comment by H50Fan – December 26, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s the point. It has to be someone we WOULDN’T want to see go, including the actor themselves. And it is ticking off Ausiello.

It probably isn’t him, but he certainly fits the profile. Grace wouldn’t fit the profile if she missed her home and family.

Maybe someone on Glee, since Ryan Murphy already talked about getting rid of several main characters after this season. Maybe one of them is killed or commits suicide, which would be pretty dark for Glee.

Comment by PJM – December 26, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rick, from the Walking Dead. That would anger me to the level of the article.

Comment by chris – December 26, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. It will probably be Shane, but that would really suck! He’s my favorite. But it would be the equivalent of Jimmy dying on Boardwalk Empire.

Comment by Babs Bladdyblah – December 30, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO! He is the greatest character on the show. If he’s gone I will have no reason to even look up scenes online anymore. How can you say that?

Comment by Ally – December 26, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone remember a while back when Patrick Dempsy made some sort of random comment about how this was going to be his last season on Grey’s? The blogs and entertainment shows started freakig out so then he tried to backpeddle and say his contract was up at the end of this season and they simply havent started negotiations yet…or soemthing to that effect?? My bet is that it’s Dempsy!

Comment by krissy – December 26, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have now commenced negotiations, although i sticking point could well be his motor racing commitments. But i don’t think he would get angry or annoyed if it was him. I have faith Dempsey, Pompeo, Oh, Chambers will all be back for S9.

Comment by aussie – December 26, 2011 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck from Gossip Girl.

Comment by Rae – December 26, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If the writers had guts, they would do it. Chuck was on the edge so many times, it would bring some major drama. Unfortunately, I don’t think this is happening.

Comment by kenye – December 26, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Debra on Dexter. Although I doubt Dex will kill her, her death would solve the problem of her witnessing the last killing. The show did the same with that annoying guy in season 2.

Comment by Eline – December 26, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dexter isn’t filming right now, which rules Deb out, since the Blind Item says that there’s tension on the set over it right now.

Comment by SW – December 26, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thats true. Neither is the walking dead. Whew!

Comment by Babs Bladdyblah – December 30, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After Stablergate 2011, that would literally be the dumbest move ever. No television executive in their right mind would ever let that happen.

Comment by Emily – December 26, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Nolan on Revenge.

Comment by ... – December 26, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH GOD NO NO NO. He’s my favorite on that show. NO no no no.

Comment by Michelle – December 26, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be sad with whoever it is (most likely), but I can get over it as long as it’s not Brennan or Booth, which I’m pretty sure it isn’t. If it was, I would be beyond CRUSHED.

Comment by Steph – December 26, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, let it be Blaine Anderson from Glee…

Comment by Denise – December 26, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, yes, yes, please.

Comment by Colin – December 26, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wishful thinking :(
        Ryan Murphy probably thinks Darren Criss is the savior of the show and keeps pushing him down our throats (lol, right now another “blind item” appeared in my head, nevermind). The question is, why are the ratings dropping since when Darren is regular? Seems like he is not so popular as Glee producers think.

Comment by Monika – December 26, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nolan from Revenge

Comment by Brandon – December 26, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The photo is never a clue, it’s just a little image they use to go with blind items. Fringe isn’t a hit show, so it’s definitely none of them.

Comment by Christy – December 26, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t let it be Grey’s Anatomy, though it sounds like it probably is :(

Comment by Emma – December 26, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Gossip Girl isnt a ‘hit TV show’…

I cannot imagine them killing Chuck or Blair…Because no one would watch!

If they KILL DOROTA I WILL WEEP…

But, if it is ANYONE. It will be Cece in Gossip Girl because she seems to have cancer or something. So yeah, my guess is Cece Rhodes.

Comment by Sabi – December 26, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scrap that – that death is not ‘bold’ enough at all.

Comment by Sabi – December 26, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to either (A) House OR Wilson on ‘House,’ since this must obviously be the last season for that show (please, someone put it out of its misery – it’s an embarassment to its former self), or (B) Det. Gabriel on ‘The Closer’ – he’s a popular character, and we know the Corey isn’t signed on for the spinoff (but Kyra has agreed to appear in 3 episodes).

Comment by Cece – December 26, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post