CSI Books Jesse McCartney for February Sweeps

Almost a year to the day that Justin Bieber bit the proverbial (OK, literal) bullet(s) on CSI, actor/musician Jesse McCartney will himself guest-star on the CBS crime drama.

In a sweeps episode tentatively scheduled to air Feb. 15, McCartney will play Wes, a recent college grad who passes out while driving and crashes his car, CSI Files reports. In the wake of the mysterious incident, Wes bonds with investigator Nick as they try to piece together what happened.

Casting News: Desperate Housewives Alum Wigs Out on CSI

McCartney’s CSI visit reportedly will coincide with Elisabeth Shue’s debut as a series regular, filling the Marg Helgenberger void.

McCartney’s past TV credits include Greek, Summerland, All My Children and, more recently, Fox’s unfortunately passed-on Locke & Key pilot.

1. Gary says:

The show runners for “CSI” needs to be fired! They have no clue on who they’re “key” demo is, Who’s next Miley Cyrus?

• Peter says:

They did get Taylor Swift that time…

• Mike says:

And had their best ratings of the season with her.

• Niko says:

And to be fair, the Taylor Swift episode was good. This Jesse McCartney ep sounds a bit similar to that…

• DL says:

Yeah, the Taylor Swift episode actually was good, and really sad. I felt so bad for Nick, and of course for Swift’s character.
            I’ll reserve judgment until I see the episode.
            Also, on a side note to Gary, I think the showrunners did a great job landing Elisabeth Shue as Marg Helgenberger’s replacement, and I love Ted Danson as Russell. He has so much more of a quirky, kooky Grissom feel that reminds me of the show’s good old days. I think they’ve definitely learned their lesson after Fishburne, who not only never really fit into the show, but also did not have a particularly likeable or cool character written for him.

• Butch says:

And Taylor was excellent in her role, can’t say the same for Bieber.

• hru says:

You are absolutely correct. Kids are not going to watch this show and yet they make us older folks suffer through horrible acting just in case.. However, this guy can not be as bad a the beebs. He was totally bad.

• jen says:

Ok Jesse Mccartney is an AMAZING actor if you have seen summerland then you should know and I think he will do really good so wait before the episode before critisizing it!

2. Theo says:

I am glad for him. I personally think that Jesse has talent and should be given the chance to grow. It would be cool if he got a regular tv gig.

3. kevin says:

Think CSI had enough already of booking more teen sensations as guest stars and the ratings are about to plummet.

4. TheDude says:

I can’t really comment on his on screen acting abilities but he is pretty awesome voicing Robin on Young Justice.

5. mamamimi says:

and who is this kid? and why should I like him? If the story is a good one, I could be a guest star (or anyone else in the world!) and the story would hold up over time. Anyone remember a very young Dakota Fanning when she was unknown?

• Beth Ann says:

This “kid” is 24 years old, and has much more acting experience than the overhyped Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.

• hanna says:

He is jesse mccartney a proffessional actor, musician, and voice actor. He is wayyy better then biber and the episode will prob be good

6. darclyte says:

He also is the voice of Theodore in the Chipmunk movies as well as Robin/Dick Grayson in the Young Justice tv series.

7. Lu says:

I like the decision. And the Taylor Swift episode was one of the best episodes and George Eads gave one of his best performances.
    I’ll stop watching when they bring in one of the brainless Kardashians… that’ll be the day.

8. rosul says:

when is it is it in 2012 in february please replay and tell me

9. alisa says:

hey, jesse and elisabeth harnois were in keith together. i’m so excited for this ep. too bad jesse’s locke and key show didn’t get picked up by fox :/ i was so excited for it and heard it was supposed to be really good.