Castle's Kate Beckett Vs. NCIS' Ziva David in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tournament Finale

We’ve reached the final round of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, and that means 62 comely competitors have fallen by the wayside as our Top 2 marched toward their scintillating showdown.

NCIS’ Tony DiNozzo Wins Our Ultimate Male Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament

In one corner, we’ve got Castle‘s Kate Beckett, who personally picked off Southland‘s Chickie Brown, Cagney & Lacey‘s Christine Cagney, Psych‘s Juliet O’Hara, Rizzoli & Isles‘ Jane Rizzoli, and The X-Files‘ Dana Scully over the last month of tournament play. Beckett’s rival, NCIS‘ Ziva David, beat Rookie Blue‘s Andie McNally, JAG‘s Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie, NCIS: Los Angeles‘ Kensi Blye, Criminal Minds‘ JJ Jareau, and Chuck‘s Sarah Walker, on her way to the finale.

Our poll for the grand finale will be open for 72 hours, so make sure we crown the correct winner by heading down to our poll to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick.

Exclusive: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off [SPOILER ALERT]

Also, if you’re interested in seeing how the full tourney has played out so far, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (2,195)

• Have to give my vote to Kate because Ziva is the reason I quit watching one of my favorite shows, NCIS.

Comment by Richard – December 24, 2011 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, me too Richard. I know a lot of people feel the same way about Ziva. She ruined NCIS for a lot of us. I still watch occasionally (used to watch every ep and had since Day One) and it is better now she’s not wobbling her tragic little chin in every single episode but really any Ziva is too much Ziva.

Comment by Beckett2win – December 25, 2011 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • by alot – do you mean 12?

Comment by curious – December 25, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i watch both shows, have done for years, but my vote goes to Kate Beckett because i relate to her so much more. but also, i relate to Stana as well and both Stana and Kate have a special place in my heart. sorry Ziva, if it were anyone else aside from Kate Todd) you would have had my vote.

Comment by Katie – December 24, 2011 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In general this is a really hard poll b/c both Beckett and Ziva are pretty freaking awesome and I love both shows, but I’d have to say that Beckett is more “crushable”. When it came down to Tony vs Castle I went with Tony b/c a) he’s actually law-enforcement and b) Michael Weatherly is just too damn hot to handle

Comment by Alie – December 24, 2011 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen Castle but I’ll vote for Beckett because I HAVE seen NCIS and Ziva is a really nasty piece of work.

Also, that actress only has 3 acting expressions: smirk (98% of the time), twist hair in fingers whilst simpering at any hot guys in the room, and wobbly chin/tragic eyes to denote her character (who is a total victim most of the time – when she isn’t ‘kicking ass’ unconvincingly) is sad.

She’s awful – the other actors on the show must despair of doing scenes with her as they’re actually pretty good.

Comment by Beckett2win – December 25, 2011 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You sound mad, bro. Why you mad?

Comment by Smith – December 25, 2011 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • let me guess – anti-haven?

Comment by marisol – December 25, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he’s deffinately an ANTI.

Comment by Mary – December 25, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ziva’s fight scenes are atrocious, and that was why she was brought into the mix… the scene in the gas station garage in “Newborn King” was hilariously awful and probably the single most unconvincingly staged fight in the history of NCIS.

The juxtaposition of fight scene and birth of the daughter did NOT convey what I think they were after, which was the contradiction… I spent more time cringing and laughing at the hilarity of the fight scene.

Comment by Blix – December 27, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • c’mon, please vote for Ziva… my Christmas would be ruined if she lost (I know it’s a shallow reason but i love Ziva so) :D

Comment by ZIVA!!! – December 25, 2011 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then go and watch some Castle, you will love Beckett as well (even more than you love Ziva) and your Christmas wont be ruined because you’ll love Beckett by the time she wins. ;) Merry Christmas! ;)

Comment by NJ – December 25, 2011 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had a feeling it would come down to these two… Go Ziva!
    (That said, I won’t be horribly disappointed if Kate wins – she’s pretty awesome too.)

Comment by Stephanie – December 25, 2011 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ziva HAS to win… Tony has done it already! Tony + Ziva = <3 <3 <3

Comment by ziva4ever – December 25, 2011 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!! :D

Comment by Jordan – December 25, 2011 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic is the most stunningly gorgeous women on the planet & she portrays KB so beautifully. Kate is so real. She is strong & smart but she is also flawed.

Comment by Kat – December 25, 2011 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva David ofcourse! ;D

Comment by FanCote – December 25, 2011 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Intriguing enough to be the inspiration for 3 New York Times Best Sellers. Detective Kate Beckett gets my vote.

Comment by Castle Groupie – December 25, 2011 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett obviously.
    Stana rightfully so got the title of “Most sexy woman on tv in 2011″, so this title also belongs to her.

Comment by Kayama – December 25, 2011 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KATE BECKETT! The actress playing Ziva CANNOT ACT AT ALL. It’s like she just reads the lines. She does not show any emotions. It could very well be a robot playing her.

STANA is the queen of showing emotions. That woman tells stories with her eyes. She is just amazing and a wonderful person and her acting is out of this world. She deserves this.

Comment by Julie – December 25, 2011 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with the Stana part.

Comment by Aiswarya – December 25, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXCUSE ME? have you watched a SINGLE episode of NCIS?? REALLY?? Ok, I admit Stana is an amazing actress but so is Cote!

Comment by ... – December 25, 2011 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve seen every episode of NCIS and agree that the actress playing Ziva can not act at all. Her accent is non-existant, her expressions are minimal and guest stars with experience – Michael Nouri, Ralph Waite, Robert Wagner & that woman who played the matriarch this season – literally wipe the floor with Ziva when in scenes with her. The character might be attractive & well played with another actress playing the role but will never know for sure

Comment by SAM – December 25, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, Cote has the most expressive eyes ever, he bodylanguage in character is completely different from her natural bodylanguage in interviews. She is a hell of an actress, she doesn’t do accent because the character has stayed numerous years in English speaking countries and is very talented in terms of language. I know an Arab who immigrated to Germany when he was 19 and he learned the language within 6 months (he had no German lessons before) and now speaks accentfree. He expressions are anything but minimal and even her intonation and voice sounds a little bit different in interviews. Miss de Pablo does a hell of a job in portraying Ziva. She does most of the stunts by herself. Very dedicated actress with a lot of talent. BTW the whole NCIS ensemble is very talented.

Comment by Svenja – December 26, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Watched every episode of NCIS here, too, from the beginning instead of coming aboard in season 6 like a lot of fans… and Cote is a mediocre actress who is constantly outclassed by the people she shares the screen with, most notably: Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, David McCallum, Michael Nouri, and Robert Wagner.

Comment by Bllix – December 27, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kate FTW..!!

Comment by pavitra – December 25, 2011 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to

Stana Katic for Castle’s Kate Backett

Comment by Ronny Dugg – December 25, 2011 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva, no doubt! She deserves to win and also then the tournament would have a nice symmetry with both NCIS hotties winning! :D

Comment by Ruby – December 25, 2011 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva ALWAYS get my vote. Kickass, clever, beautiful, dangerous and sweet; what more could you want? Beckett is a boring Mary Sue, Ziva is complex with a tough exterior but really a softie at heart.

Comment by Smith – December 25, 2011 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You sound mad, bro. Why you mad?

Comment by Real Smith – December 25, 2011 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Admit it, you’ve never watched Castle or else you wouldn’t have made this comment. Oh btw, whatever description you used about Ziva, all of them applies to Beckett and then some more.

Comment by WTH – December 25, 2011 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I most definitely watch both Castle and NCIS. Beckett is basically perfect (yet bland) even though she’s dressed up with “flaws” to make her more interesting. Being “broken”/”damaged” by her mother’s murder and using that to keep Castle at arm’s length is not any real shortcoming. She has no traits that are actually faults, hence she is a Mary Sue.
        And I am mad–mad impressed with Ziva’s mad skills!

Comment by Smith – December 25, 2011 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You really mad bro? Why you so mad?

Comment by Real Smith – December 25, 2011 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • lmao this comment cracks me up

Comment by feliciacastle – December 25, 2011 04:03 AM PDT
          • OMG. Roflmao. Marry me, real Smith!! Lmao

Comment by Sarah – December 25, 2011 06:16 AM PDT
          • LMAO! This is hilarious!

Comment by Brad – December 25, 2011 11:10 AM PDT
          • “LMAO! THIS MAKES ME LAUGH BECAUSE IT ENCOURAGES MY PRECONCIEVED BELIEFS EVEN THOUGH IT’S NOT ACTUALLY FUNNY AND IS ACTUALLY A TIRED MEME OLDER THAN RICK ROLLING” Yeah, seriously. Anyone who posts “umadbro? yumad” or any variation, especially at this point when it’s age long past its expiration point, is either a really bad troll or they themselves so tired and mad that they’re projecting their emotions on people with actual intelligence.

Comment by Darcy – December 27, 2011 12:18 AM PDT
        • ITA about Beckett; I live her, but she isn’t really damaged or complex. I can’t make an opinion on Ziva because I haven’t seen the series in a while, but I did love her when I did watch.

Comment by 2shy – December 25, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh give it a rest tushy! We all know you always vote against Beckett no matter who it is!

Comment by Brad – December 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT
          • Brad, I’m not even voting. lol I’m not voting against anyone and I don’t dislike Beckett.

Comment by 2shy – December 25, 2011 12:29 PM PDT
          • You really are an a-hole since you can’t seem to stop commenting on a post you don’t even want to vote in. And nobody is buying your “I’m not voting against anyone and I don’t dislike Beckett.” argument. Just shut up and get lost, you have already told your personal opinions a hundred times here.

Comment by Ed – December 26, 2011 11:53 AM PDT
          • Ed, just leave it alone, please. I do not understand why you are choosing to address me when you have actual trolls on this poll. I can voice an opinion without voting and I really don’t dislike Beckett. I don’t see why some Beckett fans are desperate for everyone to love her. Why can’t I just like her character and simultaneously criticize the character? Why does it have to be your opinion that is absolute? I have yet to see you comment on those who talks about her nose job and calls her butterface, but you are quick to respond to everything I say when it’s not insulting in the least bit. It may not be what you want to hear or even what you agree with, but that doesn’t make my opinion less valid. You may hate Scully and think she is the worst character ever, does it give me the right to attack/harass you? No. And yes, you have been doing that because you have yet to respond to the actual content of what I say–just to get off and shut up. Just about every comment. The difference between you and me is that I can back up what I say with facts and you can’t. You depend on your obsession with the series and Beckett. I’ve even said that there was an episode I enjoyed, but that’s not enough. I have to be obsessed with it. Don’t tell me what I feel because I can speak for myself.

Comment by 2shy – December 26, 2011 05:04 PM PDT
        • And wtf do you mean by “dressed up with flaws”! You are really mad if you think so! Just because she has lost her mother doesn’t mean she has to be emo in every episode! That’s not how it works in real life! If you had lost anyone you loved you would know that!! Some situations force themselves to make her inner insecurities and sadness bubble to the surface! They are always there, but its beneath the surface! She is and was always broken since her mom died! She has never went too far in any of her awesome eye flirting! It always feels real! Don’t you dare talk bad about Beckett!! And she’s gorgeous!!! <3

Comment by Brad – December 25, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Beckett can be arrogant and have an high opinion of herself(“They aren’t me” she said), a little selfish at times (She protect herself, doing that she hurts Castle (or will hurt him when he will no for sure). I understand very well why she does that, I would do the same, but that being said, it still is a flaw). She aren’t really understanding with Castle and only start to see that he isn’t just a shallow writer way later than anyone else. She’s a tease, and sometimes she goes a little too far IMO (Like in the bar scene in the 3×14). She can be way too stubborn, reckless and doesn’t obey to order very well. She dated men she didn’t love to hide, so she isn’t that brave in her life and she’s a control freak and she doesn’t believe in magic (yes it’s a flaw for me. Someone who doesn’t dream, who doesn’t like the “I know it doesn’t exist but what if…” missed something out in life) and she doesn’t handle well her issues and she snaps at people pretty quickly.

And you know what ? That’s why I love her. Because I can be arrogant, I can hurt my folks or friends at times because I need space or time for myself and I didn’t considare them at the time, I hide all the time of thing that scares me when I should confront them, I don’t say I am Kate Beckett, I have a lot of other flaws that Beckett didn’t have and I didn’t have others. I just say that her flaws seems more real to me than others characters in others shows.

Beckett is not only damaged, she also all of that I describe. And She also beautiful, and devoted and funny and complicated and smart and generous and sexy and deep and so much more. But she hasn’t 10001 skills when needed for the show. She never worked narcotics, so she goes to Ryan when she needs some insight in that area. She isn’t a sniper so she goes to Esposito when needed. She still doesn’t how that frakking coffe machine works (but she has Castle). And sometimes, she made mistakes and Castle (or one of the other)has to prove her wrong.AND She learns too has she evolved in the show. She learned to understand better people motives, to be less of a judge because of Castle, to be more open to fun things, to consider what the other people things, and she doesnt’ ask the same damn dumb questions to Lanie the M.E (and Thank you Andrew Marlowe for that. Same goes with Castle and some police procedures. He asks the question once. Not in every episode).

And that’s why I think she’s more real than any other female characters on TV. Some part of her can really be annoyning,but you put up with it, because you like her anyway. Like every friends we could have. And the same goes with every characters in this show.

I can relate better with Beckett, because, with the training, I can see myself (or some of my relatives because I hate sport too much to run everyday and doesn’t have the stamina to be fit enough to be a cop )do what she does in her everyday life. She is smart but she isn’t super talented (except for running in those heels). You can learn to shoot like she does. You can learn to think like the cop she is. I can see someone do that without too much difficulties.
            I like Ziva too, but her life is so eventful, she has so much skills, she learned so much think that I can’t believe she’s only 30 or mid-30.

Comment by mco – December 26, 2011 03:33 PM PDT
    • Wait, Beckett is a Mary Sue, but Ziva is complex?!

Ziva is the stereotypical kick-ass, ninja chick, teenage boy fantasy is pathetic! Her character is so transparent it’s not even funny.

Comment by Blix – December 27, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both,but Kate is more crushable.
    Kate FTW :D

Comment by Denise – December 25, 2011 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett all the way :D

Comment by Ashley – December 25, 2011 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh god.This is difficult.
    But I will go with Beckett.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment by Gaby – December 25, 2011 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen one episode of NCIS, totally in love with Castle, so : Go Kate !

Comment by Jo – December 25, 2011 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even if you did watch every episode of NCIS you would vote for Beckett. I watched every episode of both shows, and Ziva ruined the show for me. Love NCIS, hate Ziva (well I don’t really hate her, but I really, REALLY dislike her).

Comment by JAG/NCIS – December 25, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I challenge you to explain how so, since the show got twice as exciting the minute they go rid of Kate and replaced her with Ziva. If you can’t provide an adequate reason, I’ll go ahead and chalk it up to racism.

Comment by Darcy – December 27, 2011 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, maybe for you, show got exited, it ruined it for me and every other person I have talked about it. Then, at the moment you start to ‘like’ Ziva (just a little bit, after few seasons) she turns to be the bitch of the year.
          However, even if this is not the case (which is), the name of the poll ISN’T ‘the best show ever’ nor ‘the biggest fandom ever’; IT’S the ‘most crushable law enforcement’; and I believe you are smart enough that you can realize why is Ziva winning and who are more crushable of two women above.

Comment by JAG/NCIS – December 27, 2011 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Queen Ziva HBIC for the win!!! :D

Comment by QWERTY – December 25, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is Kate Beckett… It will always be Kate Beckett for me :)

Comment by Ruby – December 25, 2011 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was Beckett’s from the beginning and my votes went no-where else. She is and will always be one of my favourite people on tv. Props to the writers and Stana Katic. Ziva’s a tough match though, before Castle my vote would have been to her constantly.

Comment by Loyalasheck – December 25, 2011 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the exact same way. Once I started watching Castle it became my new favorite show almost immediately

Comment by Kyla – December 25, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too!! I caught on during the summer and I was able to finish all three seasons plus some of season 4 episodes within 2 weeks. With Castle, there are of course a standard formula which every episode follows (dead body, some twists and turns), but it was the fun interaction between the characters, especially between Castle and Beckett, that has me coming back. Although, I also love the weekly cases too, particular the weird/freaky ones (and Castle can do no wrong when it comes to Halloween). It was a fun marathon.

Comment by Audrey – December 25, 2011 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch KnockOut, Kill Shot, Rise, Knockdown, To Love and Die in LA etc and you’ll know why it should always be Kate Beckett. and no one else.

Comment by Raja – December 25, 2011 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • definitely. Stana is an amazing actress.

Comment by feliciacastle – December 25, 2011 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disagree. Perhaps for basic viewers who can’t see below the surface. I think there is only one episode where I was knocked out by the plot, acting, and writing, which was the Bank Heist episode, and yes, I’ve seen every episode. There are way more other women the Beckett, but you don’t know any better.

Comment by 2shy – December 25, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not sure whether you think you have elite tv viewing skills, or a magic television, but you might want to have a good, long, hard think about how either of those things could be true.

Comment by Smirks – December 25, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • WORD! Tushy should just wiggle away somewhere else!

Comment by Brad – December 25, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Smirks, because it is. Not to sound conceited or anything, but Castle is a very basic show. Not all the viewers are basic, but those who keep proclaiming greatest show ever sure fit the criteria. Brad…-_- Beckett is not this outstanding, emotionally complex character people make her out to be. She was dealt a bad hand in life, but that is all.

Comment by 2shy – December 25, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “She was handed a bad hand in life, that is all.” LOL! Complexity of character is build from the situations. A person is handed in life: how it effects them and how they deal with those effects. There are so many levels of things that go on with Beckett’s character and that Katic shows in her protrayal: the oddity of her background verses her job, being a woman in a male-dominated career, having lost her mother to murder, only to then find out not only was her mother murdered, but rather than it being a random act, it was part of a larger conspiracy, her father’s battle with alcoholism afterwards at a time when she would have really needed her father. Any one of these issues have enough depth that entire movies have been built on them. Saying that the character is not complex and “just had a bad hand dealt to her” is like saying the fish isn’t wet, it’s just in the water.

Comment by Beckstle – December 26, 2011 01:02 AM PDT
          • Beckstle, this is my personal opinion of course, but Beckett’s execution doesn’t come out believable to me which was why I said it. At the same time, even big situations like that aren’t always a game changer for a person. Her father may have not been there as much as she needed him to be or at all, but are you implying that would have changed Kate’s determination to find out what happened to her mother? No, not at all. So far, nothing has changed that–even Mr. Rick Castle. Even now, with her father trying to be there, she’s not trying to hear anything as long as she solves the murder. But, let’s be real for a moment, all these female characters, or most, have had some tragic back story. Kate would be more interesting and unique if she decided to become a police officer, and then her mother was killed. What I am saying is that being emotionally complex is not mutually exclusive with being dealt a bad hand in life or vice versa. I know, I know, Castle/Stana fans sees this as an insult, but if Stana was a better actress, I would agree. Stana is a decent actress and still growing, but she’s not the best thing since sliced bread–again, my opinion.

Comment by 2shy – December 26, 2011 07:09 AM PDT
          • Avada Kedavra B***h!!!

Comment by Voldemort – December 26, 2011 11:32 AM PDT
          • Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. Beckett is one of the better characters in a long time. Here, the poll is between Ziva AND Beckett btw. You’re a troll. You watch Castle, but you don’t like the actress enough. Wth kind of argument is that to vote for the other one – Ziva!

Comment by Ed – December 26, 2011 11:57 AM PDT
          • Ed, so far, I’ve been talking about Beckett, so what are you talking about. Also, I said I liked her, but that she wasn’t the greatest (female) character ever or presently, so what are you proving? How am I trolling? For critically analyzing a character who I find to be nothing different or spectacular. Just because I’m not agreeing with masses doesn’t mean I a troll. Am I insulting Beckett. Did I call her ugly, whorish, etc.

Comment by 2shy – December 26, 2011 01:49 PM PDT
          • 2shy, saying that you don’t believe in the execution of the character is different than saying the character isn’t complex. If you don’t believe it, or it doesn’t work for you, I have no argument or problem with that, because people like what they like. I don’t think everyone has to like the character of Beckett, or the actress who plays her. However, structurally, the character has many issues and personality pieces woven together. Most interesting and complex characters – male or female – do have dark points in their background.

My point about her father was one example in series of points regarding things that have complicated the character’s life and point of view. So, no, I wasn’t trying to imply that if things had been different with her dad it could have made her less determined to find her mother’s killer? However, in terms of what we’ve seen of Beckett, a question you might ask is would it have made her less emotionally isolated and closed off? I say it’s possible. Like I said, entire films have been done on how alcoholism effects the people around the alcoholic. It’s a definite piece of the puzzle that is Beckett.

You’ve also said that you’ve watched every single episode and that nothing has changed her. I don’t see how you can factually back that up. She’s certainly not the same Beckett from season one. In season one she didn’t even like him.

The changes in that relationship, and in Beckett have not been instant. However, Rick Castle HAS changed her in that she’s been willing to admit to him that she DOES have flaws (Rise, talking to Castle about the walls she’s built up to intimacy.) Being that in Kill Shot she tells her shrink that she may never actually be able to solve her mother’s murder and that she thinks she’s ready to accept that idea in order to allow other things (read Rick Castle) into her life, I have to question if you’ve seen all the episodes. What happened in Kill Shot something that is blantantly the opposite of your statement of there being no change in the character.

Again, this isn’t about you having to LIKE the arcs that have been done, or like actress. You are more than entitled to not like either and feel the show is “nothing special.” Special is a matter of opinion. It’s statements about the show being simple, the character isn’t complex that I take issue with, because those statements are false.

Comment by Beckstle – December 26, 2011 09:34 PM PDT
          • Beckstle, that came out wrong, I didn’t say nothing changed her and, if I did, it didn’t come out how I meant it. Of course, she has changed, but I said that hasn’t changed is her determination to find her mother’s killer, which is true. I’ll give leeway on recent episodes, but she still wants to find him/them, right? The reason why I say this is because you said her father wasn’t there for her. I countered that even if he was, Kate would still be hellbent on avenging her mother. Those are facts. I did say that a murder of a parents isn’t always a game changer for a person, which is true, but not in Kate’s case, which I didn’t mean to imply. At the same time, I was also saying that the reasons people list for liking Kate as if she was the originator of them, is nothing new. Many people are saying she is the first and only and she isn’t. Brad mentioned running in heels and a lot of recent shows do that–some before Castle debuted. Scully in the 90′s, and even back before then. There are other things as well. In the series, Beckett is supposed to be emotionally complex and most of the fans get that from her, I just don’t. Being emotionally complex isn’t simple and can’t be easily pin-pointed. For Kate, her mother’s death, but I can take it or leave it. Me personally, I’ve always been emotionally complex because of a series of events that weren’t traumatizing, but that was how I coped. Did I have an emotionally traumatizing event in my life, yes, several times. In closing, enjoy the series all you want, but I think as a fan of anything, you should be aware of the things you say–general you. Kate can be the greatest to you or even Castle for that matter, but it doesn’t mean it is true. Just like the same can be said for Scully. I can admit that. Also, last thing, I appreciate the respectful manner in which you approached me unlike a few of your counterparts.

Comment by 2shy – December 27, 2011 06:29 AM PDT
      • And you know better? Stop going around and putting others down for their opinions. You have your opinion and they have theirs. Deal with it and STFU.

Here’s mine: Scully is not the greatest FICTIONAL woman.

Oh and Merry Christmas.

Comment by audrey – December 25, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • whoa calm down. we just posting what we feel. besides we don’t say anything bad about ziva right?lol

Comment by feliciacastle – December 25, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t say that, but I did say one of the greatest. Audrey, just like others have their opinion, let me have mine. Am I bashing other characters? Did I say anything bad about Beckett? So why don’t STFU and GTFO.

Comment by 2shy – December 25, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • GTFO AND STFU! Don’t comment if you don’t have a worthwhile opinion about either of the women.

Comment by Ed – December 26, 2011 11:58 AM PDT
          • You reek of desperation for any kind of attention. Stana makes straight girls go gay.

Comment by Sarah – December 26, 2011 12:00 PM PDT
          • Ed, because all of your comments have been worthwhile–get over yourself. Sarah, I’m still straight…I never said anything about Beckett’s beauty, now did I? God, you two sound like a couple of kids that hates a person because they don’t love what you love.

Comment by 2shy – December 26, 2011 04:45 PM PDT
  • Kate Beckett ! My Fave TV Character !

Comment by Stef – December 25, 2011 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BECKETT FOR THE WIN

Comment by Hannah – December 25, 2011 03:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ZIVA!!! I honestly LOVE both shows ad firmly believe that Stana Katic’s hair should have its own spin-off, but ZIva all the way!

Comment by Anon – December 25, 2011 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett! <3

Comment by Tay – December 25, 2011 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haha…Stana will win..I can feel it :))))…stop torturing yourself ))

Comment by vali – December 25, 2011 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i can feel it too . this good feelings. Christmas + Beckett winning = what a lovely gift

Comment by feliciacastle – December 25, 2011 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I forgot Merry Christmas ! to you all…and I don’t even know you … the spirit is everwhere !

Comment by vali – December 25, 2011 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come ON castle fans ;) Stana is gonna take it out <3

Comment by Nikita – December 25, 2011 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big fan of both shows, but voted for Beckett. If it were Kate vs Kate…. Well, who am I kidding? Would vote for Beckett anyways. :) Go Beckett!

Comment by JAG/NCIS – December 25, 2011 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett is the winner. LOL.
    shes’s so amazing, smart and sexy.. Go Beckett

Comment by meloon – December 25, 2011 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on !! Kate for the win . . . all the way !!

Comment by angelstorm – December 25, 2011 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva of course!!

Comment by misslulu – December 25, 2011 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitivamente mi VOTO seguira siendo para BACKET-BECKET- BECKETTTTTT….

Comment by aris ochoa – December 25, 2011 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do, we really have to vote. Come on guys- Beckett ( Stana Katic ). All the way.

Comment by Caskett – December 25, 2011 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed! Yvonne is waaay hotter and crushable than Ziva is. I just hope Beckett wins this.. anyone but Ziva.

Comment by NJ – December 25, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m not a fan of yvonne, but completely agree – anyone but ziva!

Comment by leda – December 25, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ziva rules!

Comment by chase – December 25, 2011 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ziva – star of David, the brightest star on TV.

Comment by Penny – December 25, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes she is. Ziva David, such an intriguing and unique character!

Comment by Crystal – December 26, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ll stand with Ziva if she stands for Israel.

Comment by Kittian – December 26, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jr. when are you going to come to your senses and sweep this gorgeous creature off her feet?

Comment by Tony DiNozzo Sr. – December 25, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh my god stop these creepy things -_-

Comment by feliciacastle – December 25, 2011 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Love that Senior is on Team Tiva!

Comment by vollisar – December 26, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wonder if DiNozzo Sr has been told anything that has happened and if not would he still feel the same way if he did.

Comment by fictionnaire aka Skippy – December 26, 2011 09:42 AM PDT
          • Good question, fictionaire/Skippy. If Senior knew that she’d assaulted his already injured son he might not be crushing on her.

Kate Beckett is drop dead beautiful and her smile can brighten up a blustery winter’s day.

Comment by NoChance – December 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT
          • Hmm… Sassy, rogue Mossad agent. Sometimes I miss that little minx…

Comment by Tony DiNozzo Jr. – December 26, 2011 01:16 PM PDT
          • You’ve already said this a few minutes earlier…

Go, KATE BECKETT!!! :)

Comment by Katarzyna – December 26, 2011 02:24 PM PDT
          • Viva La Ziva!!!

Comment by Ziva Fan from Hawaii – December 26, 2011 02:30 PM PDT
          • ¡Larga vida!

Comment by Dro – December 27, 2011 06:20 AM PDT
          • actually i think Senior would like her better. YOu know how he likes things a bit racy

Comment by Sally – December 26, 2011 08:29 PM PDT
          • Really? Based on the picture all I’m getting is “Yeah, I’m pretty. Look at how pretty I am.” That’s a model’s smile.

Comment by Darcy – December 27, 2011 12:15 AM PDT
          • Too bad Junior isn’t. His reaction was not encouraging at all.

Comment by Crazy – December 26, 2011 11:46 AM PDT
          • His father was charged with murder, ya know?

If Tony didn’t love Ziva then she wouldn’t still be in America after what she did to him at the end of season 6. Period.

Comment by Ummm – December 26, 2011 06:51 PM PDT
          • Wait so you’re saying Ziva’s only in US because she thinks that Tony loves her? The only reason Ziva became US citizen because Tony loves her? Sorry, I don’t buy that

Comment by fictionnaire aka Skippy – December 26, 2011 07:46 PM PDT
          • No. All he had to do was tell his superiors what she did to him in Israel and her liasion position would’ve been terminated and thus she would’ve been sent back to Israel permanently.

The end of season six ruined NCIS and it still hasn’t recovered.

Comment by ummm – December 26, 2011 08:10 PM PDT
          • NIS hasn’t been BETTER since season 6. Season 7 gave it a HUGE boost. THAT’s when it became number one drama!

Comment by Sally – December 26, 2011 08:30 PM PDT
          • If I ever found out that Gibbs knew of what Ziva did to Tony and she still became “Daddy’s little girl” after that it would be the end of the show for me. Ziva’s only still there because Gibbs forgave her, and that wasn’t an easy decision for him to make, AND her trust still hasn’t been put to the test since – but it’s definitely not because Tony loves her. That’s ridiculous.

Comment by Mac – December 26, 2011 09:53 PM PDT
          • Well obviously you haven’t been watching the show Tony has more than forgiven Ziva, but I am not going to debate you on this because you are obviously one of the antis and talking to you about Ziva or Tony & Ziva would be fruitless.

Because it’s just different for some of us….

Comment by Abettermac – December 26, 2011 10:04 PM PDT
          • Hey if you think it’s alright to be in a relationship with someone that’s physically assaulted you… Then fine.
            I would be a little bit more forgiving if those actions had been addressed on the show.

Comment by fictionnaire aka Skippy – December 27, 2011 01:54 AM PDT
          • They have in a less direct way. Sad “it is I who I’m sorry” to Tony in Reunion. That included all of her actions.

Comment by Svenja – December 27, 2011 02:46 AM PDT
          • you can’t argue with an irrational mind – they are so filled with hate that they can’t be reasoned with.

Comment by Bethany – December 27, 2011 05:38 AM PDT
          • Yep. Does a beat sit in the woods?

Comment by bigfanofzivadavid – December 27, 2011 07:38 AM PDT
          • Look at those come-hither eyes, those perfect kiss-me-now lips. No wonder …

Comment by Tony.Ziva.Endgame – December 27, 2011 07:44 AM PDT
          • You’re talking about the beautiful and sexy NYPD detective KATE BECKETT, right? :) ’cause I don’t see anybody else fitting this description ;)

Comment by Katarzyna – December 27, 2011 11:24 AM PDT
          • No, beats fly on the air…

I’ll still vote for Kate.

Comment by he-touches-things – December 27, 2011 02:55 PM PDT
          • Grow up it’s a tv show. Tony is not your lover just a fictional character. ZIVA ROCKS.

Comment by Ben – December 27, 2011 11:56 AM PDT
          • God bless this comment. The whole team has forgiven Ziva including Tony.

Comment by Svenja – December 27, 2011 02:05 AM PDT
          • and yet it’s the number 1 drama on TV with almost 20 million viewers every week.

Comment by surething – December 27, 2011 01:36 AM PDT
          • Huh?!

That is probably the single, most ludicrous thing I have ever heard a Ziva fan say… and that’s saying a LOT.

Frankly, she SHOULDN’T still be on the team after what she did to him, period.

Comment by Blix – December 26, 2011 08:50 PM PDT
          • How does his father being CLEARED of murder have nything to do with this? Tony is way to nice and forgiving for his own good. He has regularly made sacrifices for others, something Ziva could really stand to learn. Period.

Comment by Poll is a sham – December 27, 2011 01:56 AM PDT
        • Soon dad… soon.

Comment by Tony DiNozzo – December 27, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL – nice post DiNozzo!

Comment by vollisar – December 27, 2011 08:39 AM PDT
          • Oh, they can’t help it. You’re just a walking Israeli love machine.

Comment by Tony DiNozzo Jr. – December 27, 2011 09:01 AM PDT
        • Have plenty of sense, Dad. She already literally swept me off MY feet in Israel when she knocked me to the concrete with a broken arm, pointed a gun at me as well. This ‘gorgeous creature’ is nothing but a *itch.

Comment by Junior – December 27, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • *cough*bitterkatetoddfan*cough*

Comment by thirdy – December 27, 2011 07:24 AM PDT
          • Go back to your hate filled forum and stay there. No one wants to read your vomit.

Comment by Antianti – December 27, 2011 09:19 AM PDT
          • Pretty sure it’s called a “difference of opinion,” and just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean I have to go away.

Why don’t you try working on your own vomitous hatred.

Comment by Blix – December 27, 2011 03:35 PM PDT
          • Yes, but I have forgiven her. Business as usual lost all meaning because Ziva David is irreplaceable. Tried, couldn’t live without her because it is just different for some of us.

You & the other 11 who make up the anti-contingency just can’t get over the fact that you are the minority.

The vast overwhelming majority of fans LOVE Ziva. Get over it.

Comment by Anthony DiNozzo Jr – December 27, 2011 09:25 AM PDT
          • I think you’ll find the majority of NCIS fans don’t actually CARE one way or the other… and UNLIKE Tony’s category, Ziva’s win was hardly a landslide.

Comment by Blix – December 27, 2011 03:41 PM PDT
          • Tony beat Castle 57.84% to 42.16%. Those numbers are pretty close to Ziva’s win at 53.1% to 46.9% against Kate. You can’t compare Tony’s win in the finals against Alias’s Michael Vaughn to Ziva’s win against Kate. And I don’t think ABC posted the male competition on FB like they did for the female competition this afternoon. So Ziva won despite the Castle FB fans last minute voting push. Ziva and NCIS rock!

Comment by vollisar – December 27, 2011 04:00 PM PDT
          • STUPID ZIVA IS TRYING TO BREAK UP TONY AND GIBBS! I HATE HER!!!!!!!!! I DON’T KNOW HOW SHE WON!! TIVA FANS ARE CHEATERS!! EVERYBODY KNOWS TONY IS IN LOVE 4-EVER WITH GIBBS! HE WILL NEVER SLEEP WITH ZIVA!!! MICHAEL WEATHERLY SAID TONY IS BI-CURIOUS!! HE IS IN LOVE WITH GIBBS!!! GET OVER IT TIVA SHIPPERS!!!

Comment by tibbshipper4ever – December 27, 2011 04:15 PM PDT
          • do you live in some weird fantasy world? have gibbs and tony ever gone undercover and faked sex with each other? do they ever have any sexual tension moments? no? right answer

Comment by Bex – December 27, 2011 05:32 PM PDT
          • LOL… Actually I have seen much better chemistry between Faith Coleman and Tony.
            But if Ziva really wanted Tony… Would she have pulled the same thing she did with Ray as she did with Rivkin?
            And judging by those 2 incidences if Ziva loves Tony then why can’t she be honest with him?
            Unless you think that’s a basis for a long lasting love pairing… Then I just don’t get it.

Comment by fictionnaire aka Skippy – December 28, 2011 01:35 AM PDT
          • tienes razon no se como gano la ziva hubo trampa y todo el mundo lo sabe q KATE BECKET es mucho mejor que ZIVA. becket es mejor en todo los sentido y como actriz, la ziva es muy insipida y como actirz no le llega ni por los pies. Becket seguira siendo la numero 1111111111111111111……….

Comment by aris ochoa – January 3, 2012 10:26 AM PDT
          • no ABC did it I saw castle’s FB

Comment by estefania – December 28, 2011 06:53 AM PDT
          • For the record – ABC didn’t post anything. FANS posted on ABC’s Castle & RC’s wall, but that doesn’t go out to subscribers/friends the way a direct status message does. It’s not like what CBS does for NCIS. ALL of the promotion for this contest came via the fans, not the network.

Comment by Beckstle – December 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT
        • That’s what we would like to know! But seriously if Ziva wins this, they NCIS guys can’t deny the fact that we want those two together!

Comment by Charlotte – December 27, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sure they can… they can deny it all they want.

the show will go the way THEY want it to, with or without the Tiva fandom’s bitching and whining and entitled demanding squealing about getting what they “deserve”

Comment by Blix – December 27, 2011 03:47 PM PDT
          • TONY IS IN LOVE WITH GIBBS NOT STUPID ZIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TONY+ GIBBS = TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by tibssshipper4ever – December 27, 2011 03:53 PM PDT
          • Tony loves Gibbs like a father, not a lover. Only in your slasher dreams is it any different.

Comment by No tibbs – December 27, 2011 04:05 PM PDT
      • Voted for Ziva David – the NCIS Beauty!

Comment by Tom – December 25, 2011 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sassy, rogue Mossad agent. Sometimes I miss that little minx…

Comment by Tony DiNozzo Jr. – December 26, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looks like you will be disappointed….

Comment by NJXTRA – December 26, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This isn’t even about Sarah/Ziva or Yvonne/Cote any more. This is Kate Beckett vs. Ziva David. Cote is gorgeous. I agree I want Kate to win this one but not because I am some sad little person who can’t get over the fact that Yvonne didn’t get this far in a stupid little poll. Get over it. Yvonne wasn’t part of it. Sarah was. I love Chuck I really do but get over it already! Ziva most likely will win with the pull ahead she has made, but it’s a poll on the internet. Nobody cares.

Comment by Glenda – December 26, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definantly agree i can’t believe Ziva won Against Yvonne

Comment by Kim – December 27, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • absolutely kate!!!!she’s so sexy :D

Comment by niko – December 25, 2011 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, tough call! I went with Beckett in the end, but either one of these lovely ladies winning would be all right with me.

Comment by Ashley – December 25, 2011 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I love these two shows so much! I voted for Ziva though. Kate has a high chance of wining. I’m totally fine with either of them wining.

Comment by hotfortiva – December 25, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett all the way! Not even close in my book!

Comment by GC – December 25, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett all the way!!! She’s way more hotter than this NCIS girl.. .

Comment by kobica24 – December 25, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a complete Sarah Walker fan, and I was a little sad to see her go down, but on behalf of all the Chuck fans, I think I might have to apologize for some of the comments I’ve seen here. Ziva is an excellent contender, and I happen to know that Cote de Pablo and Yvonne Strahovski are friends off-screen. Respect our women, guys. These girls are all amazing. But, I’ll have to say right now, my vote goes to Kate Beckett, because Stana Katic has brought all of her strengths to the table this past season of Castle.

Go Kate Beckett! :)

Comment by Vivien – December 25, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you Vivien, so nice to see a Chuck fan with class on here today. I am sure most of the Chuck fans are nice, it’s just the sore losers and jealous ones who made their way here today to muddy the waters.

Comment by Dan – December 25, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vivien – couldn’t agree with you more, Stana Katic is one hell of an actress – you don’t need Christmas lights to light up the place – Stana does that all by herself with her performances on tv. Viva Stana and Nathan – Becket and Castle. Just keep them on our screens ABC that’s all I want in the New Year. Happy Christmas to Ziva too and to all fandoms of all tv series!

Comment by Peacenotwarplease – December 25, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re a great person Vivien. :)

Comment by Svenja – December 26, 2011 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are the two most beautiful women in series television! I can’t choose between the Ziva or Kate, because I have been crushing on both of them since they started in their shows. Congratulations to both Cote and Stana for making it to the finals!!

Comment by Rambling Joe – December 25, 2011 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett for the win ,, I’ve seen a lot of shows and nothing like castle .. castle and Beckett are amazing .. VOTE FOR BECKETT

Comment by Dima – December 25, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think both of these women are beautiful and both very deserving to be in the top two spots. Like someone said earlier – for me there is no loser here – both of these women rock!

Merry Christmas!

Comment by kytivafan – December 25, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very well said kytivafan – I agree!

Comment by MS – December 25, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second that. There are a lot of people out there who love NCIS and Castle. I am one of them :)

Comment by Svenja – December 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! Worthy opponents on either side.

Up until this point, it was pretty much a given who was going to come down to the final two.

Now THIS is a real contest – two hottest, kick ass women on TV.

Comment by Umberto – December 25, 2011 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post