NCIS' Ziva David Vs. Chuck's Sarah Walker as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Semifinals Conclude

They came, they fought, they kicked some booty — and they raised our pulses in the process. And now there are only four hotties remaining in the Semifinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

On Wednesday, The X-Files‘ Dana Scully and Castle‘s Kate Beckett kicked off their showdown to make the tournament finals, and now we’ve got NCIS‘ Ziva David and Chuck‘s Sarah Walker duking it out for the other coveted slot!

Once the Semifinal polls have closed on Saturday, we’ll kick off the final battle of our bracket extravaganza. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Also, if you’re interested in seeing how the tourney has played out so far, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. fictionnaire aka Skippy says:

Just can’t bring myself to vote Ziva. If it’s for the more crushable it’s anything but Ziva to me. Just can’t bring myself to like her. Post mid season 6 has turned me into a Ziva hater

2. Tony DiNozzo says:

Sarah’s HOT!!! Blonde hair, blue eyes AND intelligent…. just my type.

3. Sara says:

Really hoping Sarah wins!

4. Silver Diddle Tales says:

I ADORE ZIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Anna says:

Ziva!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Blix says:

SARAH!

Not only does Yvonne have a sunny beauty, but she manages to reel off her lines while completely sublimating her native Australian accent, now THAT’S acting.

7. Anna says:

Ziva just pulled ahead!!!!

8. Steven says:

Yes, Cote/Ziva has an exotic beauty. But Yvonne/Sarah has a classic bombshell look mixed with a little girl-next-door charm. In looks alone, Sarah has a slight edge.

BUT this competition is about who is CRUSHABLE, not just who’s hot. And crushability is a combo of hotness AND personality. And from what I’ve seen, Ziva has her human moments but is mostly an ICE B**CH. They are equally badass, but Ziva is not at all someone I’d want to date. Sarah, however, I imagine would be fantastic as a girlfriend.

So, to sum up, Sarah Walker WIPES THE FLOOR with Ziva David. TEAM SARAH!!!!

• Blix says:

Wow… that was a perfect summation of Ziva’s character and the differences between her and Sarah and WHY the distinction needs to be made regarding the idea of what is CRUSHABLE.

Ziva is far too snarky and bitchy to be crushable.

TEAM SARAH!

• Maria says:

Steven the use of the “B’ word to describe a woman is disgusting. It’s rare to see a man post such a vile word in a fan poll against a fictional woman character. Typically, men like you don’t participate in fandom polls. I can’t imagine that a real woman with Ziva’s great personality and looks would go near you with a 10 foot pole. You must be a terribly lonely man.

• Kimsten says:

AS a woman, sometimes the word “bitch” to describe women is just appropriate. Not all women are offended by that word. It happens to be a rather descriptive and evocative word for certain types of women in general.

As for Ziva’s personality… it leaves a great deal to be desired. She is rash, volatile, entitled, reactionary, rather annoyingly smug, and displays serious anger management issues. None of which make her “cruashable” in any way.

Is the actress saddled with a badly written character? Yes. Can she do much about it? Probably not… in the grand scheme of things, actors have little control over the direction the writers/producers/general PTB chose to take their characters. They work with what they’re given… for better or worse.

Regardless, it really doesn’t change the idea that, for many, from season 6 on (she’s better now in season 9, though) Ziva just comes off as a bitch. And a badly-written, sad male-juvenile-fantasy stereotype of a bitch, at that.

As for looks… well, looks are subjective and they fade. Exotic depends GREATLY on where you live and the makeup of the general local population.

All that said, I never cease to be amazed, and sometimes amused, at the randomly cutting personal attacks people will heap on those who disagree with their positions. Particularly given that the only thing granting the courage for such attacks is the anonymity provided by such media.

9. shivani says:

omg, right now ziva’s winning by 0.16%!!! So close!

10. Blix says:

Out of idle curiosity… can someone explain why the women’s “division” was structured so differently from the men’s? It makes this poll come off looking so very stacked and rigged…. and it probably IS.

11. Karen says:

Wow… this is soooo hard… I love them both very much… but I’ll have to go with Ziva

12. jessica says:

I started to watch NCIS mainly because of Ziva.

13. Bacall says:

Aussie vote for Ziva.

14. Cindy says:

Viva Ziva!

15. Henry says:

Sarah Walker is more crushable! and that’s with her personality alone! If you’re just judging by her looks, then she wins hands down that it’s almost unfair! ;)

16. AngelMoonGirl says:

GO ZIVA!

17. steve h says:

Yvonne easy… go Chuck!!

18. Svenja says:

Wow this is a back to back thing. Exciting.

19. Torque says:

Oh, Sarah for sure! Smart, beautiful, engaging, and charming.

20. Nina says:

Ziva all the way. She’s just so gorgeous and kick-ass and fits well into the team.

21. Becky says:

Sarah aaallllllllll the way! I love her.

22. Catherine says:

LOL @ everyone thinking that whoever faces Beckett is instantly going to lose.
    I bet you all thought that about Castle too, and who beat him? Tony!

SO YAY FOR ZIVA! Please let her win.

• Svenja says:

Yeah, bust the whole NCIS fandom sticks together when it comes to Michael. Plus, he was able to reach out to his fans via Twitter and the offical NCIS Facebookpage supported the poll.
      A lot of those 19 million NCIS fans are not into spoilersites and stuff. You need to show them where to vote for their character because otherwise they wouldn’t be aware of the existence of these polls.
      I for one am satisfied that Ziva made it to the semi-finals. It proves that she’s popular. I mean, come on she’s among the last 4 characters in the competition. 4 out of 64. That’s really cool. Of course I would love to see her making it to the finals, but if she doesn’t, it won’t be disappointing to me. I love her, she’s loved among a lot of fans.
      So if Kate wins (I believe she will), I’ll be happy, too, because she’s great, too.

• feliciacastle says:

sorry, but Beckett’s gonna win. I really think so . I mean, she’s all beauty and her personality , tsk, can i say more? Ziva maybe hot ( and Tony) , but (if i were a guy,) she’s not the type of (wo)man i’d date and marry . She’s okay , her/his looks , body and everything. but their personality, i could say , well, that’s not crushable. slept with many guys? TOTALLY NOT CRUSHABLE. And Tony, well, since he got many fans, no wonder he won. I know Castle WAS a playboy, he used to be a player ,but ever since he met Beckett, he CHANGED into something better. Tony, for me, i don’t see any changes. The looks may change but the personality? I could say that it’s 85% no change. Still slept with MANY womens. Being a player is not hot. It’s creepy. That’s why I choose Castle. I think it’s more appropriate(even though some scenes still content “you know”).

• Svenja says:

Well, you’re wrong. Ziva is not sleeping around anymore. And she didn’t during her time at NCIS. Maybe in S3 (we don’t know what because it was rarely addressed), but she had 2 boyfriends and one one-night-stand with a lawyer. That’s not a lot. Tony isn’t a player anymore. He’s looking for the real deal now and hasn’t been sleeping around as much as he used to the past few seasons.
        I think Tony, Ziva, Kate and Castle are ALL crushable!!

• Catherine says:

I think they’re all crushable too, and I love Castle! I’m just saying that people automatically assume that someone from Castle is going to win, and that isn’t always the case.
          Wow, it actually came off as if I don’t like Castle in that last post…
          Well I do! I’m just saying it’s bad to jump to conclusions.
          Also, while it is true that a lot of the fans aren’t in to spoiler sites, even if HALF of them are, that’s still a really large majority. Based on the sheer size of our fandom, we generally have the numbers to pull things off. As well as that, Michael was tweeting for his poll but so was the official NCIS twitter. I’m sure they’ll do the same for this poll. In fact, I think they already have.

• feliciacastle says:

still she slept with many guys. not many but at least 2 or 3 guys , am i right? i think that she’s acting like a total bitch sometimes. no hate but i definitely prefer beckett . her personality makes me choose her. not only look.

23. bonye says:

GO SARAH WALKER BARTOWSKI!!! :)

24. Fanny says:

Sarah. Freakin’. Walker. ‘Nuff said.

25. Victoria says:

Ziva all the way! I’m having the Ziver fever! She’ll kick down Sarah! Ziva knows how to kick ass!

26. Stefanie says:

Ziva David all the way :)

27. Katy says:

Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski) – Chuck 50.51% – woo hoo!!!!!!!! huge ncis fan, but have never LOVED ziva. i like her plenty, but i don’t LOVE her. and yes, as a woman, i think she can be very much a bitch at times. as for Sarah…..wow. i have a huge girl crush on her, she is sexy, hot, kick ass, complex with a heart of gold, and her character has remained true, more or less, across all seasons of Chuck, she has always had Chuck’s best interests at heart, even when she is ordered to do something that she knows might hurt him, she always struggled with it and fought it. and for teh record – Yvonne is an AMAZING actress – until reading these comments I actually didn’t even know she was Aussie!!!!! (which sooo isn’t like me!!) as much as i love ncis and always have done, chuck will always trump it for me as i find it slightly more intertesting, ncis you know the drill, chuck can still surprise you.

28. lovencis says:

GO ZIVA!!!!!!!

29. craimy says:

YVONNE YVONNE A THOUSAND TIMES YVONNE!! sarah walker ftw

30. inez says:

ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!
    zivaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ziva all the way!

31. Zen says:

I love NCIS. But my vote goes to Sarah. I don’t think Ziva is attractive at all.

32. James says:

Oh look the Ziva haters are out voting for a character of a show they most likely don’t watch just so Ziva will lose.How mature,not mention spiteful and yet they all claim to be adults and think most Ziva fans are 10 year old fan girls.It is sad when a 10 year old can act more mature than an adult.

33. fiza says:

SARAH WALKER!! <3

34. Katy says:

James, if anyone is acting like a ten year old girl, it’s YOU!! I voted for Sarah Walker as a loyal Chuck fan since the pilot aired live, I own all 4 seasons currently on DVD and have watched every episode both live and on DVD – TWICE on DVD. I am a 25 year old woman. I also happen to have watched ncis since it’s pilot aired live and i also own all 8 seasons of that that are currently on dvd and i have watched each of them twice also, more than twice for the earlier seasons. if people are voting for sarah walker, it is not because they want ziva to loose, it’s beacuse they want sarah to win, as she is a much more likeable character, not only this, but on looks alone, she is much more attractive, in aparantly a lot of people’s opinions, as half the votes have gone to her. go put your dummy back in and run along and play nicely! Nobody likes a sore loser!

• Kristen says:

I am sure there are MANY loyal Sarah fans who are voting for her – she is an awesome character played by a beautiful & talented actress. But, there ARE people voting for her strictly in opposition to Ziva. How do I know? Because of the comments. The anti-Ziva comments are from the same people that have been voting against Ziva from the beginning. I have been voting for Ziva since round one and I recognize many of the anti’s names.
      So while I am sure Sarah deserves her votes (she has made it this far, so she is definately a fan favorite)- it is also far to say she is enjoying the votes of people who would voting for a monkey in this round if she was up against Ziva.

• Maverick says:

Total agreement with your statement.

It’s amazing that Ziva has made it this far with the anti’s rallying agaisnt her at every turn, just proves that she is a popular character no matter what they think.

Go Ziva Go.

• Svenja says:

Oh I agree.
          She’s one of the 4 most crushable characters on crime TV. So yay for that. I love Ziva David. I am just sad Abby didn’t make it to the semi-finals.

35. Kathi says:

Love Ziva.
    And she has done exceptionally well in this poll as a whole. Not only did she overcome the true fans of her competitors to make it this far, but she also overcame the haters who voted against her out of spite. Just goes to prove that the Ziva fans do out number the Ziva haters because she is fighting a battle on two fronts and has still come out victorious.

Even if she loses against Sarah – she will always be most crushable in my heart.

I have nothing but ♥♥♥ for Ziva.

36. steve says:

Sarah.
    I like Ziba very much, but Sarah is … Sarah!

37. Nina says:

Wow, this is a really close match.
    Ziva owns my heart, nothing will ever change that, so I do hope she gets a few more votes.
    But I won’t throw a fit if she looses this one, because it’s the frickin’ quarter finals and this shows just how popular she is amongst the fans and all the haters that kept posting nonsense in all the polls she was in are nothing but trolls.

38. IMO says:

They are both very beautiful women. But I agree with many, who say that Ziva’s personality leaves a lot to be desired. I’ve never found bragging or arrogance crushable.

39. Michael says:

Im sorry but the only reason Ziva made it these far is not because fo Ziva fans it because the NCIS haters ( Tiva as we call them) fill the website up with their hate.

• Andrea says:

Hate? Do you even KNOW what Tiva stands for? It stands for Tony & Ziva. That means we love them as a couple, and we love them as individuals. It also means that you must LOVE NCIS to be a Tiva fan, so therefore Tiva lovers love NCIS. You’re the one that hates NCIS, because you’re insulting one of their main cast members ruthlessly.
      Ziva has fans. Deal with it.

• Michael says:

You are so wrong Tiva mean they love Ziva and only Ziva Tiva is like a gang I am a real NCIS because I like all the star not just one.

• Maddie says:

Wrong. I watch the show for every character and every ship (romantic or friendship). I love every single one of the main characters, and Tiva is not my only ship on the show. Yes, I ship Tiva. Yes, I love Ziva. But I don’t just watch the show for Tiva/Ziva. And I know I’m not alone on that.

40. Unbelivable says:

Look at the results, someone is cheating here and voting at least 2 times every minutes for Sarah. Could that person stop this childish behavior.

• katmandu says:

I thought we were only allowed to vote every 12 hours. How is someone voting more often?

• Badfans says:

They are freaking ridiculous, and it is more than 2 votes every minute (Ziva is losing 00.01% every 45 seconds or so). Ziva lost 00.20% in a few minutes, do you know how many people need to vote for Sarah at the same time for that to happen? A LOT. Someone is cheating and it is not pretty. Pathetic.

41. Katy says:

I wasn’t aware of any restrictions on the amount of times you can vote, I have voted more than once in the past, when I have wanted to vote for both contestants! I do not in any way hide my ip address, wouldn’t even begin to know how to do that, and trust me, I’m from England and every time TV Line posts a video, I hold my breath and wait for the dreaded can not view outside the USA notice that most videos seem to carry, which I wouldn’t get if i was hiding my ip address, and trust me the amount of frustration i get when i can’t watch the vids is a LOT and if i knew how ot avoid that i sure would! lol. I’m also curious how you can tell how often Ziva is loosing points – every 45 seconds seems rather precise! Please, I beg that you don’t get me wrong, I do not condone in anyway some saddo trying to fix the numbers by voting repeatedly, to that person I would say get a freaking life and stop being so sad! I just wondered if there’s supposed to be restrictions and why they don’t apply to me :( haha

• Answer says:

You can vote how much times you want, only one vote every 12 hours or so is counted (if you vote more the message “we’ve already counted your vote” appears).
      As for your question about the number of seconds, it’s easy, I just had to refresh the page about every 30 seconds and look at the results.

42. Caskett says:

it doesnt matter who wins this because Kate beckett will win the whole thing

43. IMO says:

Does anyone have any actual PROOF that someone is cheating, or are we just seeing a different kind of poor sportsmanship?

• KittyKat says:

I have had this exact thought, too. Lots of Ziva fans seem to NEED a reason why she’s losing – either it’s people voting for anyone other than Ziva and now it’s cheating. I’m not trying to tar them all with the same brush, this is just a select few who don’t like to lose!

• Answer says:

I would have reported the same thing if it had been Ziva or any other character. The thing is it’s impossible to gain the same amount of % each minute for a few minutes and then nothing, someone was either cheating or hundreds of people came here during the same half hour to vote for the same person and then suddenly no one was voting. Pretty hard to believe.

• NCISDar says:

Exactly! You nailed it right there! If Ziva suddenly pulls ahead five percentage points in the next hour,Unbelievable will be cheering his/her little heart out and we won’t hear a peep from him/her about cheating.

• Blix says:

Amazing how it’s only cheating when Ziva is losing, isn’t it?

Yup… the Ziva fans are just so incredibly (pompously and hypocritically) mature, aren’t they.

44. Sue says:

Love Ziva but had to go with my girl Sarah…

45. Katherine says:

SARAH WALKER ALL THE WAY!

46. jade says:

Sarah all the way!

47. Lexi says:

Go Ziva!!!!!!!!!!!! Ziva is sooo much better and way more crushable!!!!! I mean she can kill some one 18 different ways with one paper clip!! None of these other women can!! :}

• Michael says:

Yet Kate JJ and all other woman only need one way to take her out That really sad if it has to take her 18 way to try and kill someone

• Blix says:

Killing someone 18 different ways with a paperclip (and DAMN, but if that wasn’t overused) is crushable? Wow… that’s twisted and sad.

48. Steve T says:

Love NCIS, love Ziva, no longer watch Chuck, voted for Sarah.

49. sladewilson says:

This was a hard one because I crush on them both but my vote went with Ziva. It doesn’t matter because the Castle shippers are going to have Kate beat down anyone in her way…