Glee Hot Shots: Grease Is the Word!

Glee is adding a bit of greased lightning to its repertoire.

When the Fox musical dramedy returns Jan. 17, New Directions will be getting their Grease on, and we’ve got your first look at the greasers and the Pink Ladies.

Glee‘s Missing Christmas Tune Is Found

Is Sam the Danny Zuko to Mercedes’ Sandy? He’s sure trying to be, even taking a move out of Danny’s playbook and signing up for synchronized swimming, where his coach is played by The Real Housewives of Atlanta‘s NeNe Leakes.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Allie says:

yeesss I love grease. Can’t wait to see it.
    But, they already did west side story. Which is kinda similar to Grease, especially since they’re both based on Romeo and Juliet.

2. Me says:

Blaine with the guys and Kurt with the chicks. Tell something I don’t know please…

3. Carmichael says:

I don’t like Sam as Danny. If they’re doing this I’d want it to be Puck and Quinn not Sam and Mercedes. I’m also not wild about this Nene person

• Fernie says:

Totally agree

• Anita says:

Sure Puck and Quinn might -match- the original Danny and Sandy but the song wouldn’t make sense for their relationship and it fits with Sam/Mercedes perfectly as they actually had a summer fling.

Anyway,I for one enjoy it when Glee changes things up a bit. What’s the point in covering a song just to do it exactly the same to the original?

4. Taylor says:

It’s a nice allusion to Grease which some viewers like myself enjoyed as a kid. Can’t wait to see what they do with it.
    I laughed seeing Kurt with the ladies. Glad to see a Tina/Mike picture. Hope to see more of them in the season :)

5. Kim says:

Didn’t Finn sell his Letterman jacket for Rachel’s earrings (and then get the money back to donate to charity) in the X-mas episode?

6. Glenn says:

Now if only Glee would do some GREASE 2 music, then I’d start watching again!

7. JaYeBaiT says:

Glee began with those “chills a-multiplyin'” so this is expected but favorably welcome. When Finchel sang “you’re the one that I want” and seeing Rachel in miss newton-john’s catsuit get up, we could have only expected this eventuality. I would love to hear jayma Mays singing “Hopelessly Devoted to You” though. She’s the ultimate pre-leather sandy d. I miss Carl

8. Kiki says:

I am so excited for this :) i think its the perfect song for them since no one really knows about their summer romance…. Can’t wait for it to return :)

9. Monica says:

Sam is Danny and Mercedes us Sandy becuz they dated during summer & thats how they are going to tell us about it so no it cant be puck and quinn.

10. Melissa says:

PLEASE DERA GOD NO SONGS FROM GREASE! I hate Grease and it just needs to die!

11. Eliza L says:

I love it how Kurt is sat with the girls npt the guys!! ;)

It looks pretty cool :)

12. Anthony Newhall says:

Grease is a crowd pleaser and the song will probably do very well on iTunes. No one hates Grease (unless they’re crazy and “Self -Critics”)

• Danielle H says:

LOL, like Melissa 2 comments above you? Grease was something I watched almost every day when I was in like 7 or 8. I really would rather Glee didn’t taint it, tyvm.

13. Kaibosh says:

Sam playing Danny? ummm…. No. Mercedes as Sandy? ummm…No.

This has EPIC FAIL all over it.

• LM says:

“This has EPIC FAIL all over it.”

First of all, they’re singing one Grease song as Sandy and Danny: Summer Nights. This is because Sam and Mercedes had a ‘summer fling’. It makes PERFECT sense.

Second, I’ve heard part of the song and they sound GREAT!

You might want to wait until the episode has aired, before passing judgement on it.

14. Vicky says:

You do realize they are doing sam and Mercedes because they had a summer romance. Therefore, ‘summer lovin’ would be most appropriate for them.

15. Amy says:

I can’t wait. Every time I get annoyed with Glee it just draws me back in.

16. Hum says:

Please, Grilled Cheesus, make Sugar Motta go away! And send NeNe Whateverhernameis back to her duties as a housewife! The one thing that pleased me here was the pic of Tina and Mike!

17. Leo says:

Thank God, Sugar is back!!! I thought she was kidnapped and sent to netherworld in the Christmas episode. >.>
    And I’m also so excited for Tina-Mike scene. Better not get cut, Glee, just saying! Or I’ll be a very angry Tike fan.

18. Joseph says:

Wow , we get a voice over from the amazing , Helen Mirren , Helen Mirren , Helen Mirren , Helen Mirren !!!

As for the theme , it seems dated but not really caring since Helen Mirren gets to do a voice over :)

19. Ke'Vana says:

YES!!!!!! I have been waiting for a GREASE episode! I uber excited!!! Hopefully Mercedes will get the hint that she and Sam beling together!

20. semmy says:

The guys weren’t the “greasers”… they were the T-Birds.

21. TayMads says:

AW! I love the Mike and Tina pic. So cute!! :)