American Horror Story Season 2 Spoiler Alert: Find Out Who Will and Won't Be Back!

With American Horror Story‘s first season resting in peace, Ryan Murphy is turning his attention to the serial thriller’s second act.

The show’s cocreator confirms that Season 2 will be “radically different” from Season 1. That means a new setting/locale and a (mostly) new cast.

“The second season of the show will [feature] a brand new home or building to haunt,” Murphy said in a conference call with reporters on Thursday. “It will also have a new overriding theme.”

And in an unprecedented twist for an ongoing series, some current castmembers will return — but they’ll be playing new characters. (Murphy confirmed that current leads Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott will not be back, at least not as series regulars.) “There will be familiar faces and some new faces,” said Murphy. “People that are coming back will be playing completely new characters… Getting to tell a different aspect of what an American horror story can be [every season] is fascinating.”

Murphy added that he’s currently in talks with a few members of the Season 1 cast to return full time, but he declined to name names. An official announcement about the new ensemble and storyline will be made in February. In the meantime, Murphy offered this tantalizing tease: “There’s a clue in the last three episodes where we say what the second season will be.”

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. christina says:

really loved the show! I loved connie’s acting and really hope jessica lang comes back! She made the show!!!

2. msflower76 says:

I agree that they cannot possibly answer every question we all have about the characters and the plot.I do feel the last episode was a little rushed, but I was satisfied. The only question I had was about the 4th child Constance mentioned. I feel there is a story there. I am looking forward to a new story, but I guess I am very curious to see who is coming back. Jessica Lange must definitely be back, not only was she amazing as Constance but she won the show its first Golden Globe and Evan Peters did an amazing job with the very complex personality of Tate. All we can do is wait!

3. apple says:

AHS ROCKS! So much you have people arguing whether to stay in murder house or start new….I loved all the characters especially constance’s! I don’t care what they do next, I’m ride this show til the wheels fall off! I love horror and I love this! To see so many people commenting whether they should stay in murder house or move on, then turn it into and argument on who have more or less imagination is classic! I Hope like HELL the writer and the producer is reading this and patting themselves on the back, cause I would be smiling like the grinch that stole christmas!

4. amber says:

Why are you guys going to completely change the show and keep the same name? That’s ridiculous! You think you’re being original but the reason why people watch it in the first place is because they like the plot and the characters. All I’m asking is reevaluate your “radical” decision to completely flip the script.

5. roo says:

can we get back to the show way to stop when its getting good, why kill everyone off tho? unless theres a tie from the get go, but i hope theres a little less love story and a little more story

6. Dymrip says:

I for one think the idea of changing the entire focus of the show each season is an amazing idea! I have read where many people are saying there were too many unanswered questions in season 1, but pretty much everything was answered if you pay close attention to each episode.

Also, I am tired of hearing about how people refuse to watch season 2 because there is no more Tate/Violet love struggle nonsense. I understand why that was such an important part of the season 1 story, but true horror fans watched this show for the horror and creativity–not for some sappy “I love him, I love him not,” crap (Kudos to the poster who compared it to Twilight, I couldn’t agree more!).

I absolutely love Jessica Lange, and I have read several times now that she is confirmed to return, and I couldn’t be happier! It took every piece of the show to make it work, but she was the foundation in my opinion. God bless that lovely woman!

I cannot wait to see what season 2 brings to the table, and I’m sure it will blow season 1 away. This time around, production will not be rushed, the writers and crew got some good practice in with testing the show’s potential with season 1, and I am hoping they are ready to boggle our minds with season 2.

I know October 2012 is quite some time away, but at least we only have until July for Breaking Bad!

7. Brooke Smith says:

when does season 2 start?

8. nicola says:

I loved this show and can’t wait for the second I had a strange suspicion that the medium was constances 4th child I don’t know why, either way I loved it n can’t wait to see Wat the next one brings.

9. Debbie jeffrey says:

I hope Evan peters comes back he was the best actor on the show

10. Angela says:

I loved the show from the first episode. They had great character, awesome actors to play those characters. They even had a wonderful people that do their make up. The best horror music. Everything about the show is so awesome. But I was a huge Tate fan. I didn’t know Evan Peters before this show, but he plays Tate wonderfully. He is the reason why I kept on watching the show. Tate was so crazy and it was so thrilling just to watch each week. I also loved how he loved Violet, and he raped her mother and then that drama. I loved him talking to Violets father, the guy was his theorist, then later on everyone hated Tate….and Tate still wanted to talk to her father. It was just so funny. And how they left the show last season sucked. I really loved what happened, Violets parents both died/got killed, became ghosts with her. THen she yelled at Tate to go away.

So I don’t really like this whole ‘new character’ thing. I mean I am glad some of the other characters will be in it. It would really suck if the whole show had new characters and actors. Just as long as Tate comes back, or I’d be pissed if he doesn’t. But even his mother on the show was so a good character.

But this is a horror show. We already know that its interesting and a great show. I am sure that the new characters will be just as good as the original characters they played.

Plus I Hear that its going to be at a crazy mental institute, or something like that. I honestly think that that storyline sounds even better. More interesting.

I just wish that Tate was going to still be Tate, and his mom still be his mom Constantine, and then the other people can be the new characters. lol. I mean Tate is a psychopath. His new character better not be crappy now. I hope he is just as crazy and evil or maybe even more.

11. devilina69 says:

i loved the whole thing it was intence but yes the new location new horror and all that scares me a bit because i got stuck on the idea of the kids you know. like tate and violet where dose there story go or about the little boy what dose he become and how dose tates mom deal it. or even better what the hell happens to that house

12. Eleanor says:

If Tate and violet arent in it I’m not watching it ever AGAIN I love them too my phone and I pod backgrounds are of Evan Peters and I named a chicken after him :L I just live him!!!<3<3

13. kenedi says:

What we want to follow those same characters! The story line and house still had plenty of twist and room for more stories I hate the idea and will not be watching if it turns out like that! Waste of time watching season one if that’s how it’s going to play out!

14. secrets says:

I want Violet and Tate to be together. This ruins everything. How they broke up was horrid. I think the story line should continue as it was.

15. Karry says:

Smart way of observing things – I’m a bit more of a black and white person, myself

16. I visited various blogs but the audio quality for audio songs existing at this web
    page is truly wonderful.