X-Files' Scully Vs. Castle's Beckett as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Semifinals Begin!

We’re closing in on Christmas day, but temperatures are rising at TVLine, where we’ve reached the Semifinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

So brace yourselves, folks, because we’ve got The X Files‘ Dana Scully and Castle‘s Kate Beckett entering the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, but only one will leave!

Tomorrow, we’ll launch the second of our Semifinal bouts, and on Saturday, we’ll kick off the final battle of our bracket extravaganza. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Also, if you’re interested in seeing how the tourney has played out so far, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (577)

• And Beckett is about to take another one down. No one has even come close.

Comment by Kelli – December 23, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett hands down is the better choice of the two….Sexy, tough,down to earth and most definitely crushable!!

Comment by Laney Shaughnessy – December 23, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully is and was the only character that straight women will actually jump to the opposite team for. There was a web site dedicated to that fandom.Beckett has that yet? Maybe my vote is for Scully.

Comment by evelyn – December 23, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Straight woman here. And much as I loved her, she is not on my Chick’s I’d Go Gay for list. But then, it’s really, really hard to make it onto that list with me.

Comment by Ashley – December 23, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So Scully makes straight women want to jump teams? Why? Whats so sexy about her? She isn’t that beautiful and i’ve seen way better bodies on other women. Very very strange. Unless you mean the character Scully and not Gillian Anderson. Even that is strange. Scully was very smart but Gillian Anderson seems like a ditz.

Comment by Neil – December 24, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for Scully.

Comment by matt – December 23, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still confused about how Scully beat Abbey. The numbers sure look like Abbey won….

Comment by MrsD – December 23, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • right ok I see about the percentages now. Bit of new mummy brain going on. Still can’t believe Abbey lost though. Sigh. Voted for Beckett shes way more crushable, way WAY more.

Comment by MrsD – December 23, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pues sigue suspirando y si quieres te ayudo y te ahogue, BECKET seguira ganando duela aquien le duela je je. STANA KATIC- KETE BECKETTTTTTT………..

Comment by aris ochoa – December 23, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Joder, ¿¿Todos los del fandom de Beckett habláis como retrasados o qué?? No argumentáis, solo os limitáis a ser repelentes. Disfrutad la victoria de esa puta operada horrenda. ¿Cómo ha podido ganar? La aprendiz no debería ganar jamás a la maestra. Y habla en inglés, mamarracho, para que nos entendamos todos ¬¬

Comment by Bitch Murciana – December 25, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully. It’s a no brainer. Gillian Anderson can act, the other one has no clue. Someone told me they read an article about her, talking about how much training she’s had as an “actor”. It doesn’t show.

Comment by Diana – December 23, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are both wonderful actresses. No need to bash anybody.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, both can act.

Comment by Nadine – December 24, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry but who is Kate? I vote for Scully because she is brilliant and… just because is Scully

Comment by JBG – December 23, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully’s losing, but I still think she’s the best, the queen. lol

Comment by NG – December 23, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for Scully! She’s so beautiful and strong. She’s iconic! There would be no Beckett or other characters like that without her.
    I’m not sure we could say that about Beckett 10 years after Castle will end… (I don’t mean to be hateful there)
    Oh and some people should calm down. It’s really sad to see people argue about that. Some poeple are a shame to their fandoms… I like Castle but when I see some of those comments I’m not sure I’d like to watch that show again.

Comment by Scullayyy – December 23, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scully was also inspired by characters before her time. As much as I like them both, your point is invalid. Also just because you don’t want to watch a show anymore because of a few hate comments is akin to not breathing just because you have a homeless person in the room. Makes you look like a fool.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No offense intended.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh I know and I didn’t say otherwise (and she was inpired by Clarice Sterling) But could you say that we will remember Beckett in 10 years? That was my point. And you cannot answer it.
        I watch Castle but I’m not a fan. This show is too simple, it’s boring to guess what will happen in EVERY episodes. So yes, seeing hateful comments like that is enough for me.

Comment by Scullayy – December 24, 2011 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OF COURSE!!

Comment by Bitch Murciana – December 25, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wonder how many of the voters did actually watched both series…

Comment by V – December 23, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This one did/does. Great shows, both. Completely different shows, but great.

Comment by Ashley – December 23, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me!! Loved ‘The X-Files’ and really love ‘Castle’. Both are great.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did and still do. Love them both. :) But Beckett is more crushable IMO.

Comment by Tay – December 24, 2011 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes she Gillian aka Scully is trending!!!!ha ha ha!!!

Comment by evelyn – December 23, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • always SCULEEEEEEEEEE….. and that is all! ;)

Comment by summer – December 23, 2011 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously guys, they’re both gorgeous! I have never seen X-Flies but I watch Castle every week. Without ever seeing the show, I can tell you Gillian Anderson is gorgeous so other castle fans out there: please stop being mean. And X-Flies fans: please respect our opinion that Stana is gorgeous, not everybody thinks the same people are pretty, that’s the point. Just vote for who you think should win and if they win that’s great; if they don’t, get over it because it doesn’t actually affect you in any way. Seriously people, please be nice to each other.

Comment by Lauren – December 23, 2011 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have I been living in the dark? I’ve never heard of X-Files 0.0 but I do watch Castle. Looking at both of them I have to say that Beckett is a hell of a lot more attractive

Comment by Sarah – December 23, 2011 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not surprising since it was a 90′s show. Doesn’t matter, you can catch up on dvd’s if you want. Beckett is definitely more attractive.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Scully!!!

Comment by jason – December 23, 2011 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this poll still opened? Mr. Slezak hace been lazy again. :p

Comment by Tvlane – December 24, 2011 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you have met the most hateful, obnoxious and ridiculous fandom in the universe. The SILLY GILLY or THE SNOGGERS, fans of the most disgusting celebrity in the world. GILLIAN Greed Anderson.

I am a huge Julia Roberts´fan and you can imagine what was dealing whith her fans because when Julia won the Oscar. They thought that she should win because of one ridiculous film called House of Mirth.
    Obviously, Julia Roberts won the Oscar.

They bad mouthing everyone, include my other loved actress Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Beckett rule! I love her. And for this idiot (SAM) who said she´ll be forgotten in 10 year? F…you and you has-been celebrity.

I am really happy to see you guys won! Beckett for ever!

Comment by Gillian Bitch Anderson Arrogant Greed – December 24, 2011 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What is wrong with you? Is Gillian really the most disgusting celebrity in the world or do you hate her because of what her fans supposedly did? How is Gillian greedy? She only takes roles for if they interest her and not for the money. From what I hear, House of Mirth was a HIGHLY praised film and many people did feel she was robbed. But, as someone who did not make the comparison to GA, I said to my sister the other day the JR is an over-rated actress. I don’t hate her, but I just feel the since she’s “America’s Sweetheart”, people adore her.

Comment by 2shy – December 24, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet you are a Leovny fan… or gay, one of the two.
      Pobre infeliz, apuesto a que estás en tratamiento y no te has tomado las pastillas. Hazlo, te lo recomiendo, es por tu propio bien.
      No importan los resultados, Gillian es y será por siempre la mejor y la más hermosa… superalo imbécil.

I hope you know spanish, si no… traduce!! xD

Comment by Maripa – December 27, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched X Files a few times and it just wasn’t for me. But I thoroughly enjoy watching Castle. Love the angst, the love/hate relationship between Castle and Beckett. Hope for Beckett all the way.

Comment by sky – December 24, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • En realidad yo si vi XFILE practicamente la vi toda y para mi es completamente difernte a CASTLE me emcante esos juego y mirada de amor entre castle y becket los amo a los dos y muero hsata el final de soy adicta y fans de esta serie. mi VOTO es para BECKET..Al fina de todo esto queda BECKET Y ZIVA Y CON RESPECTO A ELLAS DOS PARA MI LA MEJOR SIGUE SIENDO BECKET….

Comment by aris ochoa – December 24, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Becket really wiped the floor with Scully!!! I knew she would win big! No comparison at all. Stana is a 1000 times more beautiful then Gillian and to me a much better actress.

Comment by Neil – December 24, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quite the battle going on here…

Count me as a vote for Scully

Comment by AM – December 24, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett WINS!! WHY¿?¿? SCULLY IS THE FIRST, THE MOST CUTE!! Stana is a bad actress ¬¬

Comment by Bitch Murciana – December 25, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Merry Christmas and huh?

Comment by Neil – December 25, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone is high noting X-files and dissing Castle but guys, I just hope you realize that the majority of the current generation 1990s to 2000s babies haven’t even heard of the X-files. Everyone claims ‘Oh things were better in my day, television was better compared to this drivel now’… Well you’re all a broken record. You like what you like and there’s no point in comparing because your biases will get in the way of giving a subjective answer. I like both shows but there’s point in comparing them because they’re so completely different. X- files embraced conspiracy theories and spirituality as it centered on efforts to uncover the existence of extraterrestrial life and Castle is a lighthearted drama/comedy that gives a modern twist to the detective classics like Moonlighting, Magnum P.I and Remington Steele. These shows are so different that I roll my eyes at those who are just being biased idiots claiming one is better than the other. I bet half of you who are bashing the other haven’t even seen Castle/X-files.

Comment by Ellery – January 1, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCULLY definitely!

Comment by Michelle – January 2, 2012 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHO CREATED THIS SILLY POLL???

F-OFF!!!!

Comment by Megan_P – January 4, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic is ugly??? LOL She is a SLAVIC beauty! Love her. Though I like Gillian too :)))

Comment by Yuliya – April 11, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thats right gillian anderson (and scully of course) is very beautiful naturally. david duchovnys a luck sob lol

Comment by sandbeach – December 22, 2011 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i mean lucky

Comment by sandbeach – December 22, 2011 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yup! No wonder he always looked so bored because of her!

Comment by Brad – December 23, 2011 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wondering why Duchovny is lucky? He has worked with many women much more beautiful then Gillian Anderson. The lady on his new show is gorgeous. Way hotter then Anderson

Comment by Neil – December 23, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post