X-Files' Scully Vs. Castle's Beckett as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Semifinals Begin!

We’re closing in on Christmas day, but temperatures are rising at TVLine, where we’ve reached the Semifinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

So brace yourselves, folks, because we’ve got The X Files‘ Dana Scully and Castle‘s Kate Beckett entering the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, but only one will leave!

Tomorrow, we’ll launch the second of our Semifinal bouts, and on Saturday, we’ll kick off the final battle of our bracket extravaganza. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Also, if you’re interested in seeing how the tourney has played out so far, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (577)

• I’m from both fandoms, I love The x files and I love Castle.

But… Castle fandom…
    Have you ever seen 3×09???
    Have you ever listened Castle calleckett “Scully”?
    The cast from Castle admires and love The X files… And that’s one of the reasons i’m in love with Castle… Because they love my favourite show since i was 11…

My vote…for Scully, because i love her, i love Gillian and i know that all the cast of Castle also love her

Comment by xtfania – December 22, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loving a show because it’s actors love another show and the director used to work on another show, is the worst possible reason to join the fandom. Because it’s not because the show is great and it’s actors and characters are great. You don’t belong to Castle fandom this way. No way.

Comment by Katarzyna – December 22, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oooh, buuuuurn.

Just kidding.

No one cares if they’re in the Castle fandom or not. And, guess what, it’s not an actual thing– it’s a symbolic thing, and all someone has to do is LIKE THE SHOW. Doesn’t matter WHY. So sit the heck down.

The worst possible reason to join the Fandom is because you have no life. Which is likely your case.

Comment by something clever – December 22, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which is why you’re here too. If not, why bother reading, voting, and get defensive for a fictional character on a fictional show?

Comment by TooKool4name? – December 22, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those pics are so photoshopped with coloring and skin tone modifications that I could make an old man look perfect like a young man with that!

Comment by Eragon – December 22, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not true, Gillian is 43 and she looks amazing…

Comment by xtfania – December 22, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gillian is amazing, bitch ¬¬

Comment by Dro – December 22, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And Stana is Winning BITCH XD

Comment by Laura – December 22, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Maybe Stana wins here, but Gillian wins in my heart.
            SCULLY FOREVER *_*

Comment by Dro – December 22, 2011 01:31 PM PDT
          • I’m sure you are voting like crazy for her… take a walk, read a book, do something useful..

Comment by Sarah – December 22, 2011 09:09 PM PDT
        • You and Gillian are the bitches.

Comment by Eragon – December 22, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        Oh, yes, it’s all about the photoshop, sure. She 43 and yes, she is gorgeous, is it so difficult to understand?

Comment by Pauxf – December 22, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She didn’t look gorgeous even when she was younger. She looked cheap and is also a total snob. Don’t ask me how you know it! Just google yourself!

Comment by Eragon – December 22, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t worry, I got this.

Comment by Kate – December 22, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully is the best, Beckett has got hamburger face.

Comment by Dro – December 22, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both shows!!!! I love Scully and Mulder since i was 11, and know i’m a huge fan of Castle… I love Castle and Beckett and there are a lots of similarities, and that’s what I like from Castle….
    But my vote is for Scully, because i think she is a reference… and Gillian is perfect
    But I love Stana, i think she is a very good actress too, I saw Kill Shot 10 times!

Comment by xtfania – December 22, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok guys. All this fighting is getting crazy! Stana is my personal favorite, but both women are equally attractive and gorgeous! Both have been on wonderful TV shows that will be remembered for a very long time! Whoever wins this round will deserve it entirely. Let’s just stop the fighting because there’s really no point. In a week this competition will not matter. It’s just for fun. So everybody just take a deep breath and calm down.

Comment by Serena – December 22, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Castle because it is light entertainment and easy viewing – I love Kate Beckett character because she is the same. Castle is going worldwide – the show is aired in most countries in Europe and the far east, and eastern bloc countries (I live in UK). Castle has gathered its own unique fanbase and great fans, and it is doing ok – long may it continue. I am not worried if it isn’t iconic as long as it stays on air that is good enough for me. Viva Kate Beckett – whether she wins the poll or not – she is an icon for so many of her fans and is extremely caring and considerate to those fans who meet her. I am a fan who doesn’t have a toxic need to bash other fandoms or the stars from other tv shows – each to his own I say. Every fandom is special in their own way – and every fandom sadly have those among them whose comments go over the top!

Comment by MS – December 22, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ita. Most of the haters are just making the other fans who have no interest in dissing others just because they love only one, look bad. I hope people don’t judge the X-Philes or the Caskett fans by the scant amount of haters here.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1 Word: SCULLY

Comment by Charly – December 22, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very easy decision.
    Stana just hot.
    &nd one of the best actresses I’ve ever seen.

Stana <3

Comment by Denise – December 22, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate, Kate, kate! ….these shows are era specific. Scully had her time. Will Castle be talked avout in 10 years? It dosen’t matter. I grew up with x files and haven’t even thought about it till now. Stop the trash talk and just enjoy the shows. Oh and you do realise that Kate and Scully are just characters. Characters. Not real. Gees.

Comment by samk – December 22, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett FTW :D

Comment by Ashley – December 22, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is my Personal Opinion
    (As a big fan of X Files and Castle)

I don’t like the people who insults Scully or Beckett… or Gillian or Stana.
    What’s wrong if Stana has a surgery or Gillian is older? C’mon! They are amazing actresses and them characters are amazing too.
    It doesn’t matter who wins… I think both deserve to win. I think they should be the last in the competition, no Sarah (Chuck) or Ziva (NCSI).
    I’m a big fan of both characters and actresses. I love Gillian, I follow her since i was 11, and I also love Stana because I think she is one of the best actress nowadays we have on TV.
    Is not necesary to discredit any of them.
    As a Castle fan, I know that all the cast form Castle is fan of The X files, that’s one of the reasons I love the show. They have Rob Bowman, David Amann and Bill Roe, who were working on The X Files. And remember episode 3×02 when Castle calls “Scully” to Beckett or epiosde 3×09, a clear homenage to X files.
    Personally, I think both are the best shows on TV ever.

And if you wanna know, I voted for Scully but my heart is a little bit broken because I had to vote against Beckett. I had to be loyal to X Files, I followed so many years that show.

For me both are winners, and I hope one of them win this competition.

Remember, that’s only my opinion.

X Files and Castle fandom “always” ;-)

PS. Sorry for my english

Comment by xtfania – December 22, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @xtfania: Well said! And don’t worry about your English – it’s better than many Americans’.

Comment by he-touches-things – December 22, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fan to both shows – ‘Always’

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett wouldn’t exist without Dana Scully. But still Sophie’s Choice here. Two of my all time faves.

Comment by Dana – December 22, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s so far from the truth!

Comment by Brad – December 22, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully hands down.
    Coming from me, an avid Castle fan, that show is NOTHING next to The X-Files.

Comment by aimee – December 22, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Castle and Stana/Kate, but I could never, ever, vote against The X-Files. You go, G-Woman!

Comment by LaurenMC – December 22, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with who I love the most right now. Kate Beckett, you have my vote.

Comment by stanacat – December 22, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KATE BECKETT :)

I didn’t even watch all seasons of X-files when it was on TV and seriously didn’t feel the need to catch up on DVD or online… and with “Castle” I re-watched every single episode more than 10 times… somebody said that Kate Beckett is going to be forgotten in 10 years time. Yeah, right, dream on… ;) Go Stana! :)

Comment by Katarzyna – December 22, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing wrong with your english xtfania – it is very good! Also enjoyed your honesty – and can understand completely your dilemma in having to choose from two favourite actresses. You picked Scully – I picked Beckett ALWAYS, but it isn’t a problem because WE AGREE to differ in this case, but continue to love the shows! I didn’t watch xfiles but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the acting skills of Scully, nor you the acting skills of Beckett LOL!

Comment by MS – December 22, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OOOO thanks!!!! I was afraid for my english :-)
      But… yes I love Scully and Beckett, I think is nothing wrong with that…

Comment by xtfania – December 22, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on. Dana Scully was on posters and in rooms– Beckett? Not so much. It’s not about the “ship” that is the best, it’s about which TV cop is the most crushable. That is, hands down, Scully. and IF Scully loses this round, it’s only because Castle/Beckett shippers are voting–and “Castle” is still on. I think.

Besides, you guys wouldn’t even HAVE a ship were it not for Mulder and Scully.

Comment by Natalie – December 22, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fact of finding somebody more crushable is subjective. Each people has its own vision and its own tastes. I look at both shows and I even enjoy x-files better however I voted for Beckett because according to me she is more attractive.
      Your argument is INVALID.

Comment by Chloe – December 22, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for Scully.

Comment by Xindilini – December 22, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett all the way!!

Comment by Mari – December 22, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett- Kate Beckett es mi voto la mejoe………..

Comment by aris ochoa – December 22, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STOP THE STUPID CASTLE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SCULLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Comment by your mom – December 22, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you offending our fandom? BTW, thanks for giving me reason to dislike x-files fandom. Sorry.

Comment by Katarzyna – December 22, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kudos on judging an entire fandom based on one bad seed. Definitely speaks multitudes of you, but not your fandom – because that would be generalising, now wouldn’t it?

Comment by xfilesfan – December 22, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and thanks to you and your fandom I hate Castle now, I don’t even watch the show but with people like you all.. no thanks

Comment by Marc – December 22, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Having read most of the posts in this thread, I would say the Beckett haters are far more numerous and vehement than Scully’s. And I’ve seen this in almost all the polls for both Beckett and Castle. What is it about them that brings out such venom? Especially since there is so little going the other way?

Comment by He-Touches-Things – December 22, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett would vore for Dana Scully, because that’s the closet geek she is!

Comment by feli – December 22, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Different year, “Brad”.

Comment by GAIBTY – December 22, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so sure “Brad” is a girl LMAO

Comment by Sam – December 22, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know right? Way overdone on the hate.

Comment by GAIBTY – December 22, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sure both of you are old grandpas then!

Comment by Brad – December 23, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both shows but honestly, I don’t see how some of you can consider yourselves fans of either of these classy ladies if you’re going to resort to such childish, ignorant bashing. Clearly you’ve learned nothing from these two wonderful characters. Calm down and grow up, it’s just a random internet poll.

Comment by erin – December 22, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle mentioned Scully in one episode, but Scully fans should realise that Castle name drops a different tv series each episode – so nothing special in one mention of Scully – wonderful as Scully is. One swallow a summer doth not make! We all know the comp is about crusha-bility – and for me nobody is more crushable than Beckett! Work it Kate!

Comment by Peacenotwarplease – December 22, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Castle name drops good shows many times. People shouldn’t get worked up over it.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me and my friends are voting out asses off and the outcome isn’t changing!
    I think this is a conspiracy against Scully!
    We all know she would win!
    She would win from everyone!

Comment by Dianne – December 22, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Diane – you are wasting your time voting your arse off – it’s no conspiracy, but it is strictly one person one vote – end of! You are only allowed one vote, and that is why it says – thankyou your vote has been counted. If it was more than one vote Beckett fans would be so far ahead she would be untouchanble LOL.

Comment by MS – December 22, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It remains to be seen if Becket will be remembered 10 years from now. As of this moment she is way better then Scully ever was.

Comment by Neil – December 22, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep telling yourself that, but it won’t be true. lol

Comment by 2shy – December 23, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True that. Scully is not even close to Beckett. Her character remained indifferent to me even after 10 years. But Beckett captivated me within 2-3 episodes. Beckett all the way!

Comment by Eragon – December 23, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BECKETTTTTTTTTTTT……..

Comment by aris ochoa – December 22, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s okay, XPhiles, the arguments of the Castle fans are invalid because they are, well…Castle fans. And I say this as someone who has seen all of XF and all of Castle.
    :-)

Comment by Observer – December 22, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hells to the yeah, Miss Katherine Beckett!!! =) <333

Comment by Rosa – December 22, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett, without her there is no Caskett.

Comment by apor – December 22, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana is an amazing character and so so adventurous whilst still being skeptic, but Kate is the superior in sexiness… This is however “more crushable.” I say Dana wins by a landslide her character is so amazing compared to Kate’s. They are both great, but Dana is the more crushable.

Comment by AllQ – December 22, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully barely squeaked past Abby Sciuto (NCIS). Abby should’ve won that one. Kate will take this one in a walk!!!

Comment by Michael Rochen – December 22, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She also slid past Olivia Dunham by a whisker! Now Kate is wiping the floor with Gillian’s sorry a$$!

Comment by Brad – December 23, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But, she still beat them, right? End results is what matters.

Comment by 2shy – December 23, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh then you’re gonna love this result :P

Comment by Eragon – December 23, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I tip my hat off to Scully for lasting this long considering her competition was/is in present shows. I dust Kate’s win off not because more people find her crushable, but because she is in a more active fandom. I do find Kate beautiful and never said otherwise, but I just don’t believe her character is “oh so complex”.

Comment by 2shy – December 24, 2011 01:01 PM PDT
  • I never watched the X-Files, and I’m not really interested in the show at all. I agree that it was iconic, and people will remember it for years, but I believe the same about Castle. I think all this bickering and insulting over a poll is pointless and childish. Calling either one of them ugly is a lie – both Stana and Gillian are beautiful. Just my 2 cents.

That being said, I had to vote for Beckett, because the name of the poll is “MOST CRUSHABLE CHARACTER.”

Comment by Ashley – December 22, 2011 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I only disagree that it will be remembered. I’m not saying that it won’t, but I doubt it will be influential among many other things. And yes, I do watch Castle.

Comment by 2shy – December 23, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Castle will be influential in all the future shows where a strong woman who isn’t afraid to be wild and a funny guy are needed.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I respectfully disagree. On the surface, Kate may seem like this strong character, but she isn’t well developed. In the series she is strong, but in comparison to other characters besides Scully, she is average. I like Kate a lot, but I don’t see how her, Castle, or the series will be influential in any way.

Comment by 2shy – December 24, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett’s got my vote

Comment by Cindy – December 22, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett all the way!!!

Comment by Tina – December 22, 2011 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never watched the other show and i still am a die-hard x-phile; therefore….go Scully.

Comment by Gina – December 23, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully scully scully. All the way mates

Comment by stephanie – December 23, 2011 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess the fact that I’ve never seen a single episode of Castle should say it all. It’s not because I don’t think it looks interesting, it’s because despite being a film and TV buff, I’ve never heard of it, couldn’t tell you what channel it’s on or who is even in it, which tells me that it probably has a select fan base of hipsters who will triple vote for this chick who probably pales in comparison to Scully in every single way, and based on the picture being used, I would say that she is not even remotely close to being in the same league as Scully, so the fact that she is leading right now means the philes need to step it up a little here.

Comment by Bobby – December 23, 2011 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I haven’t watched hundreds of shows. That doesn’t mean they are all for stupid idjits. I’m a huge X-Files fan and the justification you are giving is reeking of obnoxiousness.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • still dana scully for me!!! ;p

Comment by summer – December 23, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett and Stana Katic are both no doubt gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, exquisite, adorable, and extraordinary all they way through.
    And I pity the fool who is too blind to see that.

Comment by Yay – December 23, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whose winning?

Comment by Yaya – December 23, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, my fellow Castle fans and Stanatics: DON’T FEED THE TROLLS. I mean, it’s obvious they’re insulting Stana because she’s breathtaking and they’re jealous, so why argue with them, or sink to their level? Just post wonderful, uplifting comments about BOTH of the women in this poll, and then state why you voted the way you did. Trolls will die of starvation. Plus, if these people are over the age of 20, which I’m assuming some are, it’s pretty damn pathetic that they would talk this way. So ANYWAY, I love both women, both shows…but I’m loyal to Kate Beckett. :)

Comment by Kelsie – December 23, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that though I have never seen X-Files.

“You know what I thought when I first met you? That you were a mystery that I was never gonna solve. Even now, after spending all this time with you, I’m still amazed by the depths of your strength, your heart and your hotness.”
      Kate. Always.

Comment by Girish – December 23, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt they are insulting Stana for those reasons and Castle/Stana fans are doing the same in return. I’m not saying they are justified, but it comes from both sides.

Comment by 2shy – December 23, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Loyal to Kate Beckett and X-Files” :) Always

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Scully,I never seen a female character have people of both sexes fancy her, and I mean straight women, I dont know Scully has it!

Comment by evelyn – December 23, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GA has a straight girl fan group called “GayforGA”–your point is invalid. Also, fanboys always said about her “smart is sexy”.

Comment by 2shy – December 23, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate will most likely win so there is no point in arguing over it. I voted Kate because I’ve never seen X-Files so.. Plus, I love Kate Beckett’s character more. She is gorgeous too.

Comment by Phoebe – December 23, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can’t love another character more if you’ve never seen Scully on screen. You just love Kate. You could only love Kate if you have watched Scully.

Comment by 2shy – December 23, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pretty sure most of them would love Beckett without even hearing about Scully in their entire lives. Your point is ridiculous.

Comment by Gerard – December 24, 2011 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, you missed the point and I accidentally forgot to include a word. I meant, you can’t love something more in comparison to another thing if you have never tried it. If I’ve never had a strawberry and I love bananas. I can’t say, I love bananas more than strawberries because I’ve never had strawberries to make the comparison that I love it MORE. The point is not ridiculous, but very valid. She can love Kate, but not more than Scully because she has never seen her on screen to know the difference of more.

Comment by 2shy – December 24, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I’m 43 years old, I wish to be as hot as Gillian Anderson.

Comment by katebeckett – December 23, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KATE- KATE- BECKETT- BECKETT………

Comment by aris ochoa – December 23, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I don’t like either of them Abby Sciuto Should Be the winner it says on the list that she had a score of 57.8 and Scully had 51.5 so why was she even moved over? Ridiculous

Comment by Cyndi – December 23, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post