SOAPnet's OLTL Marathon Features Karen Wolek Confession, Tina Down the 'Falls, Time Travel

To commemorate One Life to Live‘s 43-year-run, which comes to an end on Friday, Jan. 13, SOAPnet will spend New Year’s Day running a 14-hour marathon of episodes including some real oldies-but-goodies (meaning yes to Tina plunging over the Iguazu Falls but no Eterna jumpsuits).

The cabler’s playlist is as follows; give it a read, then tell us which episodes you’re most excited to revisit and/or single out any memorable-yet-MIA hour you feel should have made the cut.

Sunday, January 1
10 am EST
| On the witness stand, Karen Wolek (played by Judith Light) stuns everyone by admitting that she was a prostitute (original air date 3/6/79).

11 am | In Argentina, the boat Tina was on goes over the waterfall. Distraught Cord takes out his anger on Max. Kate feels it’s her fault; Gabrielle tells Max that she can get along just fine without him. (OAD 3/9/87).

Noon | The Buchanan clan goes back in time to the old west for Clint and Ginny’s wedding; Asa and Cord can’t figure out why pictures of Bo are missing (OAD 5/13/88).

1 pm | Jake is devastated as Megan dies in his arms (OAD 2/7/92).

One Life to Life and All My Children Web Revivals Scrapped Completely

2 pm | OLTL’s 25th Anniversary show: Viki and Dorian are locked together in a secret room; In the hospital, Tina sits by Cord’s bedside and reminisces about their history; Luna is adamant that Max is alive (OAD 7/15/93).

3 pm | Viki leaves her wedding and walks in on Dorian’s affair with Joey; Powell holds Todd at gunpoint; David asks Tina to accept his proposal and secretly marry him (OAD 11/28/94).

4 pm | Todd and Blair are married and celebrate with a private wedding reception; Marty and Patrick sleep together; Kelly asks Joey to help her lose her virginity (OAD 11/14/95).

5 pm | Viki realizes that she (or, rather, Tori) killed Victor Lord, while Dorian is arrested for his murder (OAD 12/8/95).

6 pm | All of Asa’s wives* turn out for his “funeral.” Adjusting to the news that she’s a Buchanan, Natalie makes an angry appearance at the service (OAD 11/16/01). *Watch for a subtle-yet-classic Mia Korf nod.

7 pm | One of the show’s live episodes: Niki is desperate to get out of Viki’s marriage to Ben; Blair confronts Todd for lying to her that her baby died; Natalie warns Jen about Al. Angry Al tells Max he wants nothing to do with him; Antonio defends Keri to his mother re: her financial issues (OAD 5/14/02).

As OLTL‘s Finale Nears, Kassie DePaiva Has Endgame Wish for Todd/Blair, Laments MIA Max

8 pm | In the hospital after being rescued from the pit, Natalie shares her feelings with John; Jess tries to tell Nash that she’s not Tess, but Tess takes over; Rex thanks Evangeline for saving Natalie (OAD 8/22/05).

9 pm | As he awaits his execution, an emotional Todd gives final goodbyes to his loves ones. Meanwhile, John has the evidence to prove Todd innocent, but can he get to the prison in time? Antonio pleads with Tess, as he tries to get through to Jessica (OAD 5/29/06).

10 pm | After Starr gives birth to Hope, she bonds with Blair and Marcie; Todd decides not to steal the baby, but Bess does instead; Viki saves Natalie and Jared from the bomb in the secret room; John reveals to Marty that it was Todd who raped her (OAD 11/10/08).

11 pm | In front of friends and family, Bo and Nora are married by David (OAD June 7, 2010).

1. Snapy says:

I wish they were replaying the Marty/Todd Spring Fling episode.

2. Lisa says:

Why is there a pic of two guys in old western wear when this article is about a soap opera marathon?

3. Lorraine says:

Am I missing something?? OLTL is going off the air?? What is happening to ABC Daytime??

• Snapy says:

Series finale is Friday, January 13.

• Kvivik says:

Really? This has been major news for months, Lorraine.
      Between the idiot cancelling OLTL and AMC and then the Internet people trying to save both soaps (all covered extensivly on this site and others) I can’t believe you’re just finding out about this.

4. Jen says:

The Jake and Megan episode is so sad and yet so good. I get a little misty just thinking about it now.

• Fyrkat says:

Best Soap Episode EVER!!!!
      Joe Lando and Jessica Tuck rocked those scenes.

• Amanda says:

I was in college when this aired. My mom and I were on the phone together watching and crying! We loved this show. My mom died a few years after this episode and the end of OLTL is really sad for me because of our shared love of it!

5. Fyrkat says:

Matt, thank you for this list. Looking forward to the old episodes.
    Wish the people who own the rights to the old shows would put them on DVD. Would kill for Dark Shadows and Edge of Night.

6. Trista says:

So excited to see Luna, Max, Marci, Al, Ben, Antonio and Nash! Also, anything with Nat and John together – bonus!!!!!

7. Ralph says:

Dark Shadows is indeed on DVD, pretty much in it’s entirety. Check Amazon.

I can’t believe I will lose One Life to Live in a few weeks. I understand the financial decisions that were made, but still believe they were incredibly short sided. I HOPE for some good DVD releases or perhaps books to continue the stories. A quick thank you to all the cast and crew that delivered us this wonderful show for so many years.

8. Mindy says:

I just called my mother to tell her about this. She is so excited. She will likely watch about 10 hours of this. OLTL is her favorite soap.

This is a strong group of episodes. I am impressed. The only major omission is anything from the Marty rape trial storyline.

The Old West wedding will be fun to see again. The Jake/Megan episode is really sad. The episode of Karen testifying is a complete classic. Judith Light’s performance there is fantastic. The 25th Anniversary show is also really fun.

I am now a bit jealous because I think this marathon is better than the one Soapnet did for AMC.

9. MichelleR says:

I haven’t watched in years, but I’m taping this!

10. kozmikg says:

Only thing missing is an ep with Eterna. That was some epic shizzz!!!

11. Lou says:

Just heard today that the internet version of AMC & OLTL has fell thru.. so now there is no chance to see our soaps on TV or the internet.

12. nancy says:

I wish they would include very old episodes, with Joe Riley, Wanda Wolek, Carla and Sadie Grey, and the Siegels.

13. Gerry says:

that is the BUchanans in the old west storyline