American Horror Story Finale Preview: Will Ben and His Baby Leave 'Murder House' for Good?

American Horror Story‘s Ben Harmon may be the most stubborn man alive.

The guy just witnessed a motley crew of ghouls assist in the birth of his child, while his teen daughter revealed that she’s actually dead. And yet in the promos for Season 1 finale (airing Wednesday at 10/9c, on FX), he is still insistent on sticking around “Murder House.”

First, the very-much alive Constance cautions Ben against bringing his child back into the confines of his haunted L.A. home, but the grieving widower does not heed her warning. Once back inside his house, Ben interacts with purgatory-bound Vivien and Violet, who both tell him that in order to save himself and the baby, he must leave now.

Hot Shots: American Horror Story Finale Scares Up a Baby Mystery, a Happy Vivien and [Spoiler]!

Take a look at the previews below, and then hit the comments with your season-ending theories!

Loading video...
Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Finales, Previews, Video

1. Jim says:

What an amazing cast. Jessica Lange, Connie Britton, you are American Treasures. You too, McDermott.

2. Jon says:

I am SOO excited about thIs, you don’t even know. I’m in love with this show!

3. BRETT says:

This show has totally blown my mind. I wish I wasn’t working tomorrow so I could catch the finale live… I envision Mr. Harmon dying as well. I hope next season focuses on a completely different horror story… setting, characters, everything. If it’s the same house with more ghosts, I’ll be mildly disappointed.

4. Bob Genghis Khan says:

Always hiding behind a cushion watching this. Probably shouldn’t switch off the lights. But hey! It’s supposed to frighten the crap out of you?!

Ben Harmon has to be cleverest, stupidest person on the planet. RUN FOR THE HILLS!

5. Mónica says:

I curious to see what they’ll do for season 2. On one hand I want them to introduce a whole new story, but on the other hand, I want to see every week Jessica Lange, she’s amazing!

6. Gail says:

Love, love, love AHS! If it is a entirely different setting next season. Would love to see Evan Peters find a place there. He has been amazing this season!!

7. Edenheart says:

I can’t recall from recent memory any television program that has so richly rewarded my specific sensibilities. All the themes and intellects of the series spar with such precision. I appreciate, above all but one accolade, that Ryan Murphy and team produce an entertainment that even at it’s most affecting, refuses to take itself too seriously. But chief of all my love for AHS is the sheer and utter magic of casting Jessica Lange in the full-bodied role of Constance. She brings a polished, professional zeal to the small-screen so rarely encountered. Of course, all cinephiles turn to her devourous performance in ‘Hush’ as a comparison, but here she is complimented with deeply-developed material and a magnificent, unfaltering acting ensemble (Matt Ross & Lily Rabe are delicious, and I suffer not to mention the rest). I will feel caged until the second season premieres next autumn.

8. I think Ben is planning on dying which is why he tells Constance ‘you better hope I don’t come back.”

9. Jon says:

I’d agree with this if it was any other character. The dialogue in this show is usually two sided and fun, which would fit in with what you said- it could either be taken as him going back to her house or him coming back as a ghost- but Ben is a one-dimensional buffoon and thus to dumb to think of this.

10. Jennifer says:

I am completely inlove with this show and characters. I just love Jessica Lange’s character in this. She is an amazing acctress! And this Tate character is my absolute fave. He is extremely talented and so very cute! I would be greatly disappointed to see all different characters!

11. dee123 says:

Either he’ll die or his new home will be a padded cell one or the other.

12. Bad Breaker says:

OK, I have a question. In the previews above, Constance is warning Harmon to take the baby and leave the house. Why then,did she drag Viv into the house to have the baby instead of calling 911 so she would deliver at a hospital?

13. Richard says:

Didn’t Ryan Murphy indicate that there would be a different story each season? My guess is if this story is going to continue in any way it will be with Ben and the baby leaving the house, and the baby turning out to be some sort of evil being, like Damien in “The Omen”. Constance could show up to try to help save the boy. I don’t see the story staying with the ghosts and house for the second season.

14. ahsfan4lyfe says:

Please let there be some kind of revelation regarding Tate. Tae Ben far off the property and beat him to a bloody pulp, hes so **** clueless. Wondering about Constance and if they will finally reveal her fourth child (is it Billie Dean..or worse BEN? In which case..Tate n Violet…ew), answers about the twins, was the stillborn handed to Nora REALLY dead and is the remaining one the demon seed or no? And some buzz about the Infantata aka Thaddeus…what will become of Moira? SO many questions I hope to have all the answers to come tonight! Its better than fricken Christmas!I have the day to myself and plan to watch each episode and see if I can piece things together..can’t be the “dream-hallucination” cop out..thats just not the shows “way”..cant wait for season 2 to see where it goes :D

15. Elizabeth says:

I can’t WAIT to see this!!

16. aleksa says:

Playing devil’s advocate here as far as Ben leaving the house, if I knew my wife and child were stuck in that house, I don’t know if I’d WANT to leave them.

17. Katelynn says:

I’m in love with this show but I missed the finale, can someone tell me where I can go to find it? Please it would be great help for I am lost without this show.

18. Katelynn says:

Finally saw the end-I wish for the cop guy to be killed by Ben and start a relashioship with Viven and a whole new drama and plot arise from this or that someone finds an article of Violets and keeps it and then her soul follows it and then a plot comes from the family being “broken” and trying to reconnect.