The Finder First Look: 5 Reasons You Should Watch This Video For the Bones Spinoff Now!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

The search for the perfect starter guide to Fox’s The Finder is over!

The following first look featurette finds the cast of the Bones offshoot not only explaining the conceit of the show (in simple, Cliff’s Notes terms), but providing a quick overview of their characters, too — complete with related (and exclusive) clips!

But wait, there’s more!

In addition to a quick, easy introduction to the anticipated procedural (which debuts Thursday, Jan 12), the video also boasts…

* Tickets to the gun show, starring leading men Geoff Stults and Michael Clarke Duncan!
* A surprise appearance from a Felicity alum!
* The following quote: “They love each other so much it’s sometimes sickening.”
* Did I mention the gun show?

Tags: , ,

Comments (41)

• This show is lame

Comment by Amy – December 19, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can I borrow your crystal ball, Miss Cleo?

Comment by Bruce_F – December 19, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Considering Bones already had an episode of this show AND IT SUCKED, what’s with the snark, Amnesia Boy?

Comment by KevyB – December 20, 2011 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, the “pre-pilot” episode sucked, but the promo looks promising and I hope more people give it a fair chance. The two new female characters are a lot more interesting than what we saw.

Comment by Annika – December 20, 2011 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Personally, I liked the pre pilot a lot.

Comment by Mike – December 20, 2011 07:45 AM PDT
  • don’t watch bones but i’m thinkin of checkin this out.

Comment by t.t – December 19, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • con·ceit/kənˈsēt/
    Noun:

Excessive pride in oneself.
    A fanciful expression in writing or speech; an elaborate metaphor.

con·cept/ˈkänsept/
    Noun:

An abstract idea; a general notion.
    A plan or intention; a conception.

Notice the difference?

Comment by Artem – December 19, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe you should have read a little farther:

CONCEIT
      (noun)
      -an organizing theme or concept

Maybe people should have to pass an IQ test before posting on this site.

Comment by KevyB – December 20, 2011 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope THE FINDER is going to end up the way CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR did last year and by that I mean, won’t make it towards renewal.

Comment by kevin – December 19, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks promising! Will check it out.

Comment by LILY – December 19, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t initially planning on watching this, but I’m thinking I might check it out. Bones was really good the first few seasons, so I’m thinking this might have some potential with Hart Hanson being the creator.

Comment by Gen – December 19, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i absolutely love bones! i watched the ep where we meet the finder and it was totally awesome so i am definitely going to be tuning in!

Comment by Penny – December 19, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no interest in watching “The Finder”, so I’m sorry, but I hope it has the same fate as “Lone Star” did last season. I don’t think it’ll happen, though, because of AI.

Comment by Beth – December 19, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? You have no interest, so you hope a show gets the axe? Seems kind of narcissistic to me…

Comment by JBVO – December 20, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll def watch this, mainly cos HH is a genius and I love him, second I liked the Bones/Finder epi, third cos I miss Bones and this is at least something close to it.
    I still don’t like that they moved the last epi of Bones to January, tho :/

Comment by Deena – December 19, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you can’t wait to see it

Comment by mare – December 19, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would actually watch this show if I hadn’t experienced shows that used their concepts stronger like Burn Notice and Human Target season 1.

Also because I don’t trust Fox’s brand after last spring cancelations. Seriously Terra Nova is not a fourth as good as The Chicago Code.

Comment by George – December 19, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Their relationship reminds me of Shawn and Gus on Psych, but more mature (think I like Shawn and Gus better though!) Nonetheless I will absolutely be tuning in if nothing else because Bones is the best TV show around and Hart Hanson is a genius! :)

Comment by BonesFringePsychFan – December 19, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to the chick with the accent? THe bartender? She was the best part of the crossover episode!

Comment by mcm – December 19, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apparently her character didn’t test well, so they replaced her with the two girls.

Comment by Tracie – December 19, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really liked Saffron Burrows. Ike was much more fun than the cop she played on L&O: Criminal Intent. I’m sorry to hear she’s gone.

Comment by Rivakonneva – December 20, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol So why do people who don’t want to see it have to bother to comment? No one gives a sh!t if you don’t want to see it or not.

Comment by Bob – December 19, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Chicago Code too.

Comment by Tracey – December 19, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do yourself a favor and start watching Bones instead.

Comment by Rowan – December 19, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Conceit also means “something that is conceived in the mind; thought; idea.”. Get a better dictionary before you disparage Mr. Ausiello.

Comment by maureen – December 19, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, Psych, anyone? I’ll be testing it out if for nothing else than to see how the two shows differ. So far they look incredibly similar, but I sort of expect more from Hanson than a USA knock-off.

Comment by Hmumm – December 19, 2011 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that the show is based on books published in 2006 (the first one came out ~before~ Psych), right? People keep saying the same thing about The Mentalist, that it’s a knock-off of Psych, yet it has more in common with The Profiler, since Jane uses psychology and good observation skills and is after a serial killer who killed his wife and daughter, just like Sam in The Profiler.

Comment by timotey – December 20, 2011 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally, I think TV could use a whole lot more shows like Psych…Psych is one of the funniest shows on television and doesn’t take itself seriously at all. I like that other networks are taking notice. We need a little more light-heartedness in the [tv] world of prime time soaps and overabundance of cop/law dramas.

Comment by Natalie – December 20, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I much prefer the other woman. I am not nearly as interested to watch the show now that she is gone.

Comment by Sheikia – December 19, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get people’s need to see a show canceled. I could get it in the case of CM: Suspect Behavior (with the whole budget thing and CM and them dropping the show’s stars) or SGU (since SGA was dropped for this show), but Finder isn’t stealing anything from Bones, these two shows aren’t even in competition with each other. If you want to blame someone for Bones having fewer episodes this season, blame Emily Deschanel for getting pregnant – silly idea, isn’t it? So, why all the hate towards Finder? You may not like the show, fine, but other people might, so to wish it canceled is incredibly childish and selfish.

Comment by timotey – December 20, 2011 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? I was peeved at CM:SB because of what happened to the original (I mean, letting AJ and Paget go was so dumb–they shot themselves in the foot with that one) but I didn’t hate the spin-off. Don’t mess with success. The Finder will succeed or fail on its own. Fans of Bones shouldn’t write it off as being some sort of parasitic show that will lead to Bones’ downfall, and people who don’t like Bones shouldn’t automatically dismiss it because it’s by the same people. It’s a totally different idea–it’s just set in the same universe. Like the CSI franchise or Crossing Jordan and Las Vegas.
      Even if this show becomes a juggernaut, Bones still has solid numbers. There are other shows Fox would sacrifice for The Finder first. Let it be.
      By the way, did anyone else notice the song in the background being strangely similar to Prime Suspect’s (US) theme song, or am I hearing things?

Comment by Cal – December 20, 2011 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t going to watch because I really don’t want to pick up any new procedurals and it doesnt sound all that exciting but I’ve that some really good writers will be on it so I might give it a chance.

Comment by Ainavrw – December 20, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like the tweaks to the cast and playing up the style a bit more have really paid off…looks WAY more promising now than it did in the horrible Bones episode. I’m definitely willing to give this show a chance now.

Comment by Natalie – December 20, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I really know about Bones is it’s a shipperfest. Hope this will be different(doesn’t look like it, based on the awfully generic “guy and girl eat a platonic dinner together” scene.)

Comment by D – December 20, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed the pilot, and was hoping a series would come out of it. I don’t normally watch Bones, but will for sure watch this series.

Comment by ana_muti – December 20, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are you pimping this show? Have you seen any new episodes? Were they any better than the atrocious pilot?

Comment by MAS – December 20, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about the ‘gun show’ and, yes I am sickened. Thanks but no thanks.

Comment by Lisa – December 20, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MMMM…. GEOFF STULTS *SWOON*

Comment by HAREN – December 20, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i liked the pre pilot but i mostly omly like ike what happened why wont she be on the show

Comment by itts_mee – December 20, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post