SNL Books Daniel Radcliffe for Hosting Debut

Saturday Night Live is wild about filmdom’s erstwhile Harry, having booked Daniel Radcliffe to make his hosting debut this winter.

Radcliffe will lord over Studio 8H on Jan. 14, three weeks before his next film, the supernarural thriller The Woman in Black, hits theaters. Lana Del Rey (“Video Games)” will serve as his musical guest.

SNL Hits Ratings High With Jimmy Fallon: What Were the Best and Worst Skits?

Radcliffe’s SNL gig immediately follows that of Charles Barkley, who kicks off the new year on Jan. 7 with his third turn as host. That night, Kelly Clarkson will similarly threepeat as musical guest.

Are you excited to see Radcliffe host, and undoubtedly bring along some of his Broadway song-and-dance skills?

Comments (29)

• Charles Barkley again? Was January Jones not available?

Comment by Darth Pablo – December 19, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This comment!

Comment by Taylor – December 19, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahaha! Nice. I have very low expectations for the show that night.

Comment by Mandy – December 19, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched SNL for almost a decade. For Radcliffe, I will make a noteable exception. I am so there.

Comment by kirads09 – December 19, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heck yeah! I am so excited

Comment by Amy – December 19, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? Charles Barkley again? WHY?! His episodes are consistently the worst!

Comment by Lucy – December 19, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daniel Radcliffe and Lana Del Rey? yes yes yes!

Comment by Ana Muller – December 19, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm…Daniel will be hosting while Darren Criss is in NYC taking over his old role in “How to Succeed.” Wouldn’t it be, dare I say it, TOTALLY AWESOME if Daniel sang “I’m Harry Freaking Potter” in the monologue?

Comment by bamabunny – December 19, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No it wouldn’t. Those musicals suck and so does Darren Criss.

Comment by florence – December 19, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only Harry Potter fans know that kind of thing, and not even all of us know about it, so I don’t think people would get it. Also, it’s about making people laugh, not making inside references that are not even funny.

Comment by Claire – December 19, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was really funny on “Extras” – this should be good providing the writers come through.

Comment by MSW – December 19, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • see this is what SNL needs to do get NEW people to host…Not Charles Barkley for a 3rd time

Comment by ggny – December 19, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No but it would be awesome if the spoofed the way Darren Criss is all single white (fe)maling Dan’s career.

Comment by Kars – December 19, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If SNL wants an athlete to host, they should give Brian Wilson a call. Fear the Beard. He’s been voted numerous times the funniest player in baseball. One watch of the chris rose interview and the entrance of the machine is enough for me. As long as SNL doesn’t have him host, I’m not a fan.

Comment by Matt Thomas – December 19, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Radcliffe was funny on Extras. He will do Fine.

Comment by Whoop – December 19, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with you, except I have low except I have low expectations eveytime I watch it!

Comment by Laura – December 19, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SNL?? This will be epic… Can’t hardly wait to see his debut…

Comment by Babucha – December 19, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping Radcliffe would host SNL someday, he is perfect for it. I hope the writers don’t waste this opportunity because this is made of win, so many possibilities for hilarious sketchs… and even some Broadway-like ones.

Comment by Tim – December 19, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 50 POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR! ALLO HAMORA TO DANIEL RADCLIFFE! AS FOR THE CHARLES BARKLEY EPISODE, AVDA KEDAVRA!

Comment by Bonnie – December 19, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *AVADA KEDAVRA (I meant of course)

Comment by Bonnie – December 19, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did you mean abracadabra?

Comment by Say what? – December 19, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think you need to go watch HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 again. *tsk tsk*

Comment by Bonnie's right – December 19, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im not huge into SNL, but when there is someone I respect and enjoy watching I tune in… Radcliffe is a great choice, he’ll have fun, so we should too

Comment by Johnny Nightmare – December 19, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh, this is going to be great : D a joyful night for all of us potterheads out there ^^

Comment by S. from A. – December 19, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love dan! Oh i can’t wait to see what he does. I think the writers will make a really good episode too

Comment by Morgann k – December 19, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey dont hate!

Comment by Alie – December 19, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How long before they cast him as James Bond? LOL

Comment by Templar – December 19, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly don’t know why it’s taken this long for SNL to ask Dan to host. He’s wildly talented, has proven he can play comedy, is fearless in front of live audiences, and is ridiculously charming. He’s a natural choice to host. He should have hosted 3 times already instead of Charles Barkley.

Comment by expecto_patronum88 – January 10, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post