NCIS' Ziva Faces Criminal Minds' JJ in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals

Good news for fans of CBS procedurals: At least one of the network’s sexy leading ladies is guaranteed a spot in the Semifinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament. The bad news? It’ll come at the expense of one of her Eye Network counterparts.

Nikita-Vs.-Hawaii Five-0 Showdown as Round 3 of ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Concludes

Yes, folks, we’ve got NCIS‘ Ziva David and Criminal Minds‘ Jennifer “JJ” Jareau entering the single-elimination Quarterfinals of the TVLine Thunderdome, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next week, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Kate Beckett Vs. Jane Rizzoli as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Quarterfinals Continue!

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming week, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (356)

• Voted for the most beautiful character on TV – Ziva David.

Comment by Stephen – December 20, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if the actors feel objectified by these polls?

I kinda feel sorry for the losers. Even though we are voting for “characters” and not actors.

Comment by Kadence – December 20, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im going with what zivafanaticcc said on page two

Comment by Lina – December 20, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think we should all go with what zivafanaticc said and ignore micheal. he obviously just wants attention and we’re giving it to him. lets just ignore him so he can grow up. if he was a true ncis fan, he would respect all aspects of the show AND the characters. and especially not be recist against them. if he wants trouble he can go get ripped up in the CBS forums. not here. we all love ziva and he is the only one stirring up trouble. we all know the truth about ncis and ziva so why should we care what you think? thats awesome buddy. good to have your backwards racist opinion. but please, go share it somewhere else. it doesnt belong with ziva lovers.

Comment by NCISloverr – December 20, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See that right there proven Im more mature then you because when ever someone said something that you and Tiva fan don’t like we called racist Stuipd and You say to Ignore them well guess what that show how immature you are.

I am a True NCIS fan unlike you Hell you don’t even know what I know about NCIS so do me a favro and shut up and let me say what I want to say I HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH so love it or leave it

Comment by Michael – December 20, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahah it entertains me to read your little hissy fits. and being a tiva fan has nothing to do with who is more crushable. i am an NCIS fan. i dont disrespect any part of the show or the characters. and at least i can use correct grammar. you can say what you want, i know you have free speech so dont talk to me like im an idiot. be careful what you say to other people dear boy. because karma dear, is goig to come back and bite you on the butt. say what you want but starting now, no one is listening or agreeing. have a wonderful day chap.

Comment by NCISloverr – December 20, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thats how you do it NCIS style! with wit and respect. suck it micheal.

Comment by patrick – December 20, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, no one accuses anti Ziva people of being racist. But your comment on page one claiming Ziva would be an Iraqui (she isn’t) who hates Americans was just racist.
        There is nothing to discuss about it.
        Freedom of speech. Yeah sure, but stick with the truth.

Comment by Svenja – December 20, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • boom shacka lacka

Comment by ray – December 20, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boom!

Comment by Crazy Ray – December 20, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL I love your nickname “Crazy Ray” ;).
        Does it refer to a certain CIA-Agent on NCIS? Or is it your real name (of course minus the Ray).

Comment by Svenja – December 21, 2011 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ohh i hate CIRay!!! giving ziva an empty box. what the hell is that?

Comment by Zivalove – December 21, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boycott Crazy Michael.

If we ignore him – maybe he will slink away.

And even this posting is more recognition than he/she deserves.

Comment by kirsten – December 20, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Voted for Ziva. She’s not perfect – but, pretty darn close in my book.

Comment by Adam – December 20, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im sorry im so sick and tried of having to defind myself with I know I am right

Comment by Michael – December 20, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Poor MIchael! I used to be a nasty smelly messy ANTI like you. I changed my mind because I realized I was delusional. Of course, my medication has helped me to realize the truth. AND THE TRUTH IS I LOVE ZIVA! My doctors said it was a lack of hormones factored with my creeping old age. I am glad I found help and saw the light. I have given up on Tibbs. One day you will too!

Comment by tonyluver – December 20, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This quite possibly is the most mean-spirited, nasty, hateful and vile comment I have ever read, anywhere. And I have lurked on the CBS Forum. And people call anti Ziva fans nasty. It’s posts like the above that show the pro Ziva fans in a really bad light. I know most fans of the character aren’t that nasty, but unfortunately everyone who loves her gets dumped into the same pile. Why is it OK to be so insulting to a real person for not liking a pretend person? Don’t take it so personally. Relax and enjoy the different opinions. It is possible to have civil discussions with all sides of any subject.

Comment by HugsTony – December 20, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The rabid Tiva/Ziva fans always turn it personal. They really can’t see the difference between attacking real people and attacking a fictional character. There are some very clear-headed Tiva and/or Ziva fans, but they’re pretty much outnumbered or don’t want to get into anything.

Comment by Let's clear this up – December 20, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ziva is numero uno!!!!!

Comment by woodcatss – December 20, 2011 02:47 PM PDT
          • Thank you, I ship Tiva & adore Ziva – but I am loathe to be lumped with the more radical shippers. There are extremist in both groups – pros & antis.

It’s the extremist on both sides that turn this ugly. I would like to think if they were out of the picture, the fandom would be a more enjoyable place.

We could respectfully agree to disagree & move on down the road.

Comment by Jules – December 20, 2011 02:57 PM PDT
          • Actually, the first personal remarks were made by Pepper and Jimbob yesterday, both of whom appear to be of the anti-Ziva persuasion. Just thought I should clear that up, Let’s clear this up. And I think JJ is lovely, but Ziva gets my vote this round.

Comment by lizzie – December 20, 2011 08:04 PM PDT
          • Outnumbered? If that were true, Ziva would be losing and Cote wouldn’t have gotten contracted for two more seasons this year (and wouldn’t have made it through the first round). Ziva will make it to the semi-finals. That is an accomplishment and proves that a lot of people love the character. So no, we aren’t outnumbered because we beat fandoms plus Ziva-antis. That’s just a fact. I am not saying she’s gonna win this because Kate Beckett is more popular than Ziva. But still, we aren’t outnumbered by antis at all.

And now a general comment:

Gosh, guys it’s almost Christmas… this is just a poll. Not even a spoiler. I think we should calm down (including me).
            I am going to quote Chris Waild (NCIS writer) here:
            “ChrisWaild Christopher J. Waild
            #NCIS fans may have their differences, but during this holiday season I think we can all come together in the spirit of #JimmySweatervest”

Comment by Svenja – December 21, 2011 01:57 AM PDT
          • Proof positive that you either have bad reading comprehension or you just skim and pick out words that suit you. I said the clear-headed Tiva fans are outnumbered (meaning outnumbered by the psychos). Good thing one of those clear-headed fans understood what I was saying (hence the clear-headed epithet).

Comment by Let's clear this up – December 21, 2011 08:21 AM PDT
          • Sorry, I am not a native speaker. Somehow I comprehended it wrong. Thanks for clearing it up “let’s clear this up”.
            I am taking it back.
            Well, I am not really taking it back because it is the truth, but you know…in that context.
            Merry Christmas to all of those who love NCIS

Comment by Svenja – December 21, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
  • Ziva rocks!

Comment by zivaluvr – December 20, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These polls are clearly about the shows & not who is better looking! You only have to look at the men’s version to prove this, I mean come on there is no way in a million years that leroy jethro gibbs is better looking than derek morgan! Give me a break, the guy is twice is age! And oh look what show he is in…NCIS surprise surprise! But anyway, this poll isn’t very realistic and JJ is way prettier than Ziva :)

Comment by H_C – December 20, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s YOUR opinion thank you, I find JJ good looking (and the actress when she is blonde and have long hair) but she doesn’t have the “thing” that would make her look beautiful and gorgeous to my eyes. Ziva/Cote is absolutely stunning, she is gorgeous with and without any make up, you can do whatever you want to her hair and she is sill gonna be gorgeous and she has that thing that makes her crushable even to woman, something in her eyes, something in the way the is, I really think she is one of the most beautiful actresses on TV if not the most beautiful.

Comment by Julie – December 21, 2011 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well yes it is my opinion…that’s why I gave it…I am a woman & I’m really not seeing the attraction to ziva (…in my opinion, AJ Cook is pretty full stop, has nothing to do with what colour hair she has, god I wish I had even the slightest resemblance to her!

Comment by H_C – December 31, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Comment by jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj – December 20, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! :’)
      Yessss so should have been JJ…. :)

Comment by :) – December 31, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both women are drop dead gorgous. No arguing that point.

But being crushable is more than having a pretty face. It is having that little extra something that sets you apart from all the other pretty faces and Ziva David has that – in spades.

Ziva IS the most crushable.

Comment by GG – December 20, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really – it’s okay for fans not to like or vote for Ziva – chill out. Stop being so nasty.

Comment by AKA – December 20, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you even take a look at the comments? You can vote for JJ if you think she is more cushable, it’s your opinion, you have yours and your reasons and we have ours and our reasons, but comments like the ones Michael posted are out of line, it’s not about who he chose to vote, it’s insulting, racist and provoking.

Comment by Julie – December 21, 2011 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love NCIS and Ziva but honestly I think Kate from Castle will win.

Comment by Jess – December 20, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scully is way more crushable than the Castle girl.

Comment by mark – December 20, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh geez. not x-files fanatics, please.

Comment by ronny – December 20, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ass524 – December 20, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s all about…. Ziva for me!

Comment by Marshall – December 20, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like JJ just fine, but I love Ziva.

Comment by Wendell – December 20, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva all the way!!

Comment by gordon – December 20, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are some of you just posting over and over and making up new names just to create artificial buzz for Ziva?

Comment by pretendnewposter – December 20, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you can do that?

Comment by Lucia – December 20, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How dare you accuse us of that! Tiva is VERY popular. Have you never seen how many hits our thread gets on the CBS forum???

Comment by Let'sPretendTiva'sReallyPopular – December 20, 2011 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you can comment as often as you want – and I am sure some of that is being done on BOTH sides, but you can only vote once every 12 hours, that’s the real story here.

The comments are just a bunch of hot air blowing around – here today – gone – later today.

Comment by Rockie – December 21, 2011 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am i the only one that hates the childish fighting and constant ragging on ziva? Cant we all just get along?

Comment by Zivafanaticcc – December 20, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t appreciate sites like these. This is why we have bullying, can we please just call them both beautiful and leave it at that. Peoples feelings can get hurt.

Comment by hiya – December 20, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah…
      somehow I am not a big fan of this poll-thing going on here anymore.
      I get the feeling this is more anti-Ziva people vs. pro-Ziva people plus a few real JJ fans poll-thingy here.

I agree. Both women are incredibly beautiful.

Comment by Svenja – December 21, 2011 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, some people just have to suck the fun out of everything.

I love Ziva and will continue to vote her through as far as possible.

Comment by Christopher – December 21, 2011 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is not the only poll where it got ugly. The Abby/Scully poll was just as bad (if not worse).

I am beginning to wonder about NCIS fans in general.

Comment by notancisfan – December 21, 2011 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh gosh. yes the abby vs. scully got VERY VERY bad. and it wasnt ncis fans riping on scully. it was scully fans ripping on abby! saying she was a child and things like that.

Comment by Zivafanaticccc – December 21, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I have watched NCIS from first episode.From Ice Queen.(9 years)He passed way Dec.11th and I voted for Ziva. NCIS all the way!

Comment by mike – December 21, 2011 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so sorry for your loss!

Comment by Henna – December 21, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ziva ~kick ass Ziva! Go Ziva! Did you see her in last episode?She was awesome!!

Comment by bobbie – December 21, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awesome! Both Gibbs and the pregnant marine had faith in Ziva taking down the bad guy! Ziva rocks!

Comment by Maria P – December 21, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JJ get my vote because she earn her spot on the team work hard and didn’t sleep with anyone to get to the top

Comment by Michael – December 21, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva for the win!

Comment by Emily Claire – December 21, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish those new writerse can come up with great Zivaisms like they did in early seasons. So far they are missing in season 9.

Comment by TX Zivaism Fan – December 21, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TX Ziva fan – you’re right. I love Ziva’s “Colloquial Snafus”. But there was one that Chis threw in there for NBK though: she said “sautéed” when trying to diganose the problem with the engine and Gibbs corrected her (on Tony’s behalf lol) by saying “fried”.

My guess is that we will see even less Zivaisms now that NCIS is in the final home stretch as a series. After all this time, she is supposed to gradually become more and more “Americanized” and therefore has learned more of the slang terminology – at least that it appears they are doing with her character.

Comment by Nubie – December 21, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You criminal mind guys are really childish. You know you’re going to get riped apart if you post something nasty, so why post it at all? 2nd grade people. If you don’t have something to say, don’t say it all.

Comment by Rea – December 21, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, most of those trolls disguised as CM fans are haters from the stinky ugly “Anti-Haven” thread in CBS NCIS forum.

Comment by Parker – December 21, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • stinky ugly? Maybe that comment on the young age thing isn’t so far off-base. Off course some of the adults are emotionally stuck at that level, so it’s all good.

Comment by Tiva fans are scary – December 21, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TRUE. They think they are so good but from what they are writing and how they write I could gave you names.

Comment by LOL – December 21, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hmm, I’ve already been given three different names, try to care for a fourth? Everyone loves Tiva and Ziva except for a select few, right?

Comment by Let's clear this up – December 21, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva’s my girl. #1 with a bullet!

Comment by Ms. Tackytic – December 21, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if only we didnt have the avility to comment. things would be so much better.

Comment by gibbsfan – December 21, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.

I wish they would drop the comments – it only riles people up and divides the fandoms.

Comment by kytivafan – December 21, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree… fan-wars aren’t fun.

Comment by Svenja – December 21, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • especially when you run into the crazies. yeesh. can you imagine what this would be like at a comic con in person? yikes. scary thought! and dont even get me started about the x-files fanatics! just take one look at the scully vs. abby battle and you’ll see what im talking about!

Comment by gibbsfan – December 21, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • who knew the internet and fandom could be so scary? lol

Merry Christmas Gibbsfan!

Comment by kytivafan – December 22, 2011 05:09 AM PDT
          • haha thanks same to you!

Comment by gibbsfan – December 22, 2011 07:56 AM PDT
  • Ziva fans: Go vote for Scully to knock Beckett out of the final!

Comment by Belle – December 21, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no way! beckett all the way!!

Comment by cinna – December 21, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ya think?

Comment by gibbs.slap – December 21, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The old Ziva would have been able to wipe the floor with Beckett and that Chuck chick combined, but she’s not as ass kickin’ as she used to be – shame. Still though, she’ll always be my favorite.

Comment by RheDesign – December 21, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, things are getting heated! I love Ziva/Cote she’s such a complex character and reallllly hot! I don’t think Tony winning has anything to do with it but I don’t think Ziva will win. Becket will win I’m sure.

Comment by Rosalie – December 22, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. But she might be able to make it to the finals. Beckett will win. Ziva could be the second winner :)

Comment by Svenja – December 22, 2011 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • we need to be positive, I am sure that ziva is going to win this whole poll

Comment by estefania – December 22, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto! My whole family love Ziva!

Comment by tommy – December 22, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey micheal, ziva won. Stick that in your juicebox and SUCK IT.

Comment by Kyle – December 22, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it just prove these poll are fixs

Comment by Michael – December 22, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • aw dont be a sore loser micheal.

Comment by Kyle – December 22, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And the WINNER is Ziva David (Cote De Pablo)! I find the Ziva David character deliciously sexy and super intelligent. Ziva David is one of the best female characters on television. Cote De Pablo is a brilliant actress.

Comment by woodratz – December 22, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG im 13 and am not goin 2 get involved in all these “debates” but luk here ZIVA IS THE BEST lets face it she is totally cute (well thanks to cote) she is a ninja chik has so much more about her than anyone GO ZIVA nd by the ziva is obviousky better she won so there we go.

Comment by lauren x – December 27, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post