Exclusive

Cougar Town Exclusive: Meet Laurie's New Beau!

Although ABC still has yet to schedule Cougar Town’s long-awaited third season premiere — March is the latest I’ve heard — the upcoming storylines are continuing to pile up. The latest: Laurie’s getting a boyfriend!

Edwin Hodge has been cast in the recurring role of Wade, a U.S. soldier who gets involved with Busy Philipps’ soft-hearted bigmouth. But, because he’s stationed in the Middle East, the lovebirds are forced to communicate via Skype (with a little help from Travis).

Cougar Town Cameos: Who’s Popped Up Where?

“Who is Hodge?” you ask. In addition to being the elder brother of Leverage‘s Aldis Hodge, he’s probably best known from his gig as Jack’s BFF on Jack & Bobby. His credits also include Fox’s short-lived Mental and ABC’s Invasion.

So, looking forward to Cougar Town’s return? Do you think ABC’s hurt it by delaying it for so long, or done it a favor by making us realize how much we miss it when it’s gone?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. liv says:

so he’s like travis’s age. so why can’t she just hook up with travis.

2. Tyler says:

All I want for Christmas is an air date for my favorite comedy.

3. michele says:

I think Edwin is also the brother of Leverage’s Aldis Hodge. Love that Edwin is going to be on Cougar Town. Cougar Town needs to be back on TV now.

• PJM says:

He actually appeared in Leverage, too. He was in the Season 3 premiere as the prisoner Nate helps out because he was given a harsh sentence for crossing into Massachusetts with beer in his trunk.

4. too bad says:

Bummer that this is coming back. Never cared for this tacky show & too much plastic surgery peeps. I was hoping that space could be for something new and much better.

• Liz says:

do you even watch the show? Because after the first like 7 or 8 episodes it has nothing to do with being a cougar or anything to do with plastic surgery at all. That’s why they want to change the title. And ABC is going to have a hard time finding something better than Cougar town to fill that slot.

5. Carmichael says:

At this point it’s been off the air long enough they might as well treat it like it’s an entirely new show

6. Nico says:

Bill Lawrence and crew have posted several videos today saying that the show returns April 18th, and the April 20th to its regular spot.

• Snapy says:

So late?! Is Cougar Town going to air through the summer then? Seems like they will be burning off episodes…ugh! I hope the show is renewed for a fourth season! ABC pretty much owes us after f***ing over the CT fans this season!

• Andrea says:

I am thinking they are just going to bring it back in the summer to burn off episodes. I would be totally ok with Cougar Town becoming a summer show like Rookie Blue. I would rather have 12 summer episodes a year for a few more years than 0 episodes ever. I’ve never understood people that send things in to tv studios to show how many fans there are but I’m starting to feel this panicky desperation that my cul-de-sac crew is not long for this world. There are so few quality comedies out there and watching Cougar Town, which is one of the top five, languish is sad and depressing and a bunch of other words that all have a very downing tone.

• Snapy says:

Nevermind…Nico, that is from earlier this year when CT returned from its hiatus (when Mr. Sunshine took over its time slot).

7. TV Junkie says:

I *MISS* Jack & Bobby. That was quality TV… glad to see the actors are popping up elsewhere, and CT is as good a place as any!

• Meg says:

I loved Jack & Bobby too . . . and Logan Lerman, who played Bobby, grew up H.O.T. It actually makes me a little uncomfortable.

Can’t wait for Cougar Town to be back on my TV.

8. rebecca says:

i need some PENNY CAN in my life!!!!

9. chris says:

Time for fans to accept this flop ain’t ever coming back. :D

10. JJ says:

I hope it does even better because people realized how much they miss it! Cougar Town is the BEST! Wake up ABC! Six seasons and a movie!

11. cul de sac crew says:

Chris & too bas, why u waste your time to post about a show u don’t like, idiots & sorry for u chris but show come bas in March

Miss Cougar Town so much, my fav comedy show & is not abour cougar since episode 7 season 1

12. Candy wills says:

CT is the best!! Much better than the crappy happy endings that is defiling CTs time slot. Penny can!!

13. Jeff says:

ABC has hurt Cougar Town by delaying it so much. I think they didn’t realize how much the audience would miss it. And it’s sad because there are the loyal viewers who will stick with it, but it might take a few episodes to build back the “casual fan” portion of the audience. Wasted potential. ABC doesn’t seem to know how to manage their sitcoms.

14. Miffy says:

A terrible, unfunny show for dumb, immoral people.

15. AMayo1 says:

I can’t beleive they are going to put that horrible looking Work It on but still shelve Cougar Town.

16. Kat says:

I like Cougar Town but I’d love to see Laurie and Travis together!

17. Lisa says:

I hope this show has evolved into more than just winos congregating and bitching and whining.

18. Miranda says:

Hodge is a bad name, it automatically makes me think of Hodgins from Bones.

19. Phoenix says:

I NEED SOME PENNY CAN IN MY LIFE TOO!! CT was one of the funniest shows on tv. I have no idea why ABC has moved, shifted and delayed it. I just heard that it was canceled. I seriously hope not. I would be truly bummed.

20. Phoenix says:

I NEED SOME PENNY CAN IN MY LIFE TOO!! CT was one of the funniest shows on tv. I have no idea why ABC has moved, shifted and delayed it. I just heard that it was canceled. I seriously hope it wasn’t. I would be truly bummed.