Cougar Town Exclusive: Meet Laurie's New Beau!

Although ABC still has yet to schedule Cougar Town’s long-awaited third season premiere — March is the latest I’ve heard — the upcoming storylines are continuing to pile up. The latest: Laurie’s getting a boyfriend!

Edwin Hodge has been cast in the recurring role of Wade, a U.S. soldier who gets involved with Busy Philipps’ soft-hearted bigmouth. But, because he’s stationed in the Middle East, the lovebirds are forced to communicate via Skype (with a little help from Travis).

Cougar Town Cameos: Who’s Popped Up Where?

“Who is Hodge?” you ask. In addition to being the elder brother of Leverage‘s Aldis Hodge, he’s probably best known from his gig as Jack’s BFF on Jack & Bobby. His credits also include Fox’s short-lived Mental and ABC’s Invasion.

So, looking forward to Cougar Town’s return? Do you think ABC’s hurt it by delaying it for so long, or done it a favor by making us realize how much we miss it when it’s gone?

Comments (38)

• so he’s like travis’s age. so why can’t she just hook up with travis.

Comment by liv – December 19, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because that would be gross, stupid, disgusting, and jump-the-shark-worthy.

Comment by Snapy – December 19, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Geez, homophobic much?

Comment by PJM – December 19, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That doesn’t even make sense.

Comment by Snapy – December 19, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What? O.o

Comment by sadini – December 20, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would that be gross? I think Laurie and Trav would be really awkward but not gross. I think they are just really good friends. When is Cougar Town coming back? I miss my cul de sac crew. Are they going to wait until summer, burn through the recorded episodes and then cancel it? At this point that is my biggest fear/ what I think is going to happen. :(

Comment by Ari – December 20, 2011 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Because Jules’ BEST FRIEND shouldn’t be f***ing her SON!!! Duh!

Comment by Snapy – December 20, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Laurie isn’t Jules best friend.

Comment by Captain – December 20, 2011 08:30 AM PDT
  • All I want for Christmas is an air date for my favorite comedy.

Comment by Tyler – December 19, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Edwin is also the brother of Leverage’s Aldis Hodge. Love that Edwin is going to be on Cougar Town. Cougar Town needs to be back on TV now.

Comment by michele – December 19, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He actually appeared in Leverage, too. He was in the Season 3 premiere as the prisoner Nate helps out because he was given a harsh sentence for crossing into Massachusetts with beer in his trunk.

Comment by PJM – December 19, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer that this is coming back. Never cared for this tacky show & too much plastic surgery peeps. I was hoping that space could be for something new and much better.

Comment by too bad – December 19, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • do you even watch the show? Because after the first like 7 or 8 episodes it has nothing to do with being a cougar or anything to do with plastic surgery at all. That’s why they want to change the title. And ABC is going to have a hard time finding something better than Cougar town to fill that slot.

Comment by Liz – December 19, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this point it’s been off the air long enough they might as well treat it like it’s an entirely new show

Comment by Carmichael – December 19, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bill Lawrence and crew have posted several videos today saying that the show returns April 18th, and the April 20th to its regular spot.

Comment by Nico – December 19, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So late?! Is Cougar Town going to air through the summer then? Seems like they will be burning off episodes…ugh! I hope the show is renewed for a fourth season! ABC pretty much owes us after f***ing over the CT fans this season!

Comment by Snapy – December 19, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am thinking they are just going to bring it back in the summer to burn off episodes. I would be totally ok with Cougar Town becoming a summer show like Rookie Blue. I would rather have 12 summer episodes a year for a few more years than 0 episodes ever. I’ve never understood people that send things in to tv studios to show how many fans there are but I’m starting to feel this panicky desperation that my cul-de-sac crew is not long for this world. There are so few quality comedies out there and watching Cougar Town, which is one of the top five, languish is sad and depressing and a bunch of other words that all have a very downing tone.

Comment by Andrea – December 20, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nevermind…Nico, that is from earlier this year when CT returned from its hiatus (when Mr. Sunshine took over its time slot).

Comment by Snapy – December 19, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thats right! Bill just clarified on twitter that hes posting old videos on the fan page. Thanks Snapy!

Comment by Nico – December 19, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I *MISS* Jack & Bobby. That was quality TV… glad to see the actors are popping up elsewhere, and CT is as good a place as any!

Comment by TV Junkie – December 19, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Jack & Bobby too . . . and Logan Lerman, who played Bobby, grew up H.O.T. It actually makes me a little uncomfortable.

Can’t wait for Cougar Town to be back on my TV.

Comment by Meg – December 19, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i need some PENNY CAN in my life!!!!

Comment by rebecca – December 19, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time for fans to accept this flop ain’t ever coming back. :D

Comment by chris – December 19, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it does even better because people realized how much they miss it! Cougar Town is the BEST! Wake up ABC! Six seasons and a movie!

Comment by JJ – December 19, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris & too bas, why u waste your time to post about a show u don’t like, idiots & sorry for u chris but show come bas in March

Miss Cougar Town so much, my fav comedy show & is not abour cougar since episode 7 season 1

Comment by cul de sac crew – December 19, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CT is the best!! Much better than the crappy happy endings that is defiling CTs time slot. Penny can!!

Comment by Candy wills – December 19, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC has hurt Cougar Town by delaying it so much. I think they didn’t realize how much the audience would miss it. And it’s sad because there are the loyal viewers who will stick with it, but it might take a few episodes to build back the “casual fan” portion of the audience. Wasted potential. ABC doesn’t seem to know how to manage their sitcoms.

Comment by Jeff – December 19, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A terrible, unfunny show for dumb, immoral people.

Comment by Miffy – December 19, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please commit suicide, you pathetic waste of oxygen.

Comment by Snapy – December 20, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A terribly boring annoying poster.

Comment by sadini – December 20, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t beleive they are going to put that horrible looking Work It on but still shelve Cougar Town.

Comment by AMayo1 – December 20, 2011 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Cougar Town but I’d love to see Laurie and Travis together!

Comment by Kat – December 20, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show has evolved into more than just winos congregating and bitching and whining.

Comment by Lisa – December 20, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hodge is a bad name, it automatically makes me think of Hodgins from Bones.

Comment by Miranda – December 21, 2011 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I NEED SOME PENNY CAN IN MY LIFE TOO!! CT was one of the funniest shows on tv. I have no idea why ABC has moved, shifted and delayed it. I just heard that it was canceled. I seriously hope not. I would be truly bummed.

Comment by Phoenix – January 6, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I NEED SOME PENNY CAN IN MY LIFE TOO!! CT was one of the funniest shows on tv. I have no idea why ABC has moved, shifted and delayed it. I just heard that it was canceled. I seriously hope it wasn’t. I would be truly bummed.

Comment by Phoenix – January 6, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post