Kate Beckett Vs. Jane Rizzoli as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals Continue!

Someone please call 9-1-1, because either Castle‘s Kate Beckett or Rizzoli & Isles‘ Jane Rizzoli is about to get shut out of the Semifinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament. Highly illegal!

Nikita-Vs.-Hawaii Five-0 Showdown as Round 3 of ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Concludes

Yes, folks, both of these scorchin’ hot cops will enter the single-elimination Quarterfinals of the TVLine Thunderdome, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next week, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Quarterfinals Begin: X-Files’ Scully Vs. NCIS’ Abby!

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming week, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (667)

• Rizzles for the wizzle fa shizzle!!

Ya know?

Comment by G – December 18, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I voted Beckett, but this made me laugh. :D

Comment by Jim – December 18, 2011 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL!
      Still Beckett owned it as always! Go Kate!!

Comment by GK – December 21, 2011 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this a freaking joke?
    Angie Harmon is so much sexier than this other chick.
    Whaaat the fffjslxnfos, all you need is EYES and google to get this right.
    Please take a moment to consider that this isn’t about which show/character you look more, it’s about which one LOOKS better.
    That’s why pictures are included.
    Wtf guise

Comment by ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS – December 18, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmm, I’m for Rizzoli too, but I disagree with your assertion that it’s all about looks – hotness is a total package deal, super-attractive people with bad personalities are not hot in my book. That having been said, Rizzoli most definitely IS as hot in personality as she is in looks. In fact, Rizzoli is hotter to me than Angie Harmon…

Comment by Grace – December 18, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually it is very plausible to crush on someone no mater what their looks are. It is just one of many factors. Mannerisms, voice, way they hold themselves, intelligence etc.

The fact it is 2011 and society is still fixated on looks, really just about sums up everything wrong with society.

Comment by Joe – December 18, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not saying I think it’s right that it’s all about looks. Because it isn’t. But that’s obviously what this contest is, seeing as we’re provided with pictures of each contestant and no insight into the character & their personality at all, how can somebody vote between two characters without ever having seen the show of one? This contest might be shallow for being all about looks, but so be it.

Comment by ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS – December 18, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree that if you haven’t seen either show being represented the contest becomes only about looks. The thing is, alot of the people who vote in these things HAVE seen at least one of the shows and are voting based on the character they watch – not the picture being shown. I mean, this is Tvline.com…it caters to people who WATCH TV and can have a reasonable expectation that if a voter has seen a show they already know something about the characters. People watch certain shows over other ones because they are drawn to that show’s story and characters. For them, the charactes on the show they DO watch is their most crushable. When, as in my case, I do watch both shows, it becomes about which character I find as a whole, more extrordinary. Katic and Harmon are both beautiful women, but for me, the character of Beckett as played by Katic is more compelling. With Rizzoli, I like the interplay between her and Isles. Their friendship is the biggest draw.

Comment by Beckstle – December 18, 2011 08:53 PM PDT
          • Hmm strange concept… How about only voting in the categories you are qualified to vote in… Aka have watched both shows!

Comment by Joe – December 19, 2011 11:56 AM PDT
          • Except, if it was just about looks wouldn’t it be which ACTRESS is hotter, not which CHARACTER?

Comment by Um... – December 20, 2011 02:23 PM PDT
      • Angie Harmon should’ve hands down won this tournament. She was the most beautiful of all the Law&Order women also. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

Comment by Kevin – December 21, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re totally right!

Comment by Marc – December 18, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a guy who thinks Kate Beckett is hotter than every other female lead on tv! (Except Nina Dobrev, probably) That other Rizzoli chick is not hot at all.

Comment by GK – December 18, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I voted Rizzoli, but your comment make me almost regret it. That’s a bit harsh.

Comment by malial – December 18, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since you obviously watch only one of the two shows, I don’t think you’re in any position to judge or impose your own unqualified opinion here.

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so just because you think Angie Harmon looks prettier than Stana Katic, you have no right to call anyone ridiculous… let alone insult any of the actresses.

This contest is NOT about looks, it’s about CRUSHES… and you would know that if you actually read the title.
      It’s very sad that some people just don’t get it and just judge by the picture instead of taking the time and going to youtube to at least watch a short clip to get a better look at the character…
      This is a phenomenon I keep observing in everyday life as well: People expect to be get everything they want in special delivery to make it as easy as it can get. This is not how the world works anymore… you need something? Get it yourself!
      I can’t count that argument that they only provide a picture and no background information here… Hello? This is the internet… it’s all out there. So instead of comfortably saying this contest is about looks because no story is provided, get your lazy ass up and get the information yourself… it’s really not that hard! -.-

Now to the point where I say what I think about the contest pairing:
      Personally, I have seen every single episode of both Rizzoli & Isles AND Castle and for me this has to be the toughest choice so far. Their characters have a lot in common: Both are homicide detectives, really good at their job, totally surrounded by men they have to keep up with, funny, sarcastic, BAMFy, but have their soft spots… and not to forget… they are both beautiful women.
      For me Jane Rizzoli and Kate Beckett are absolutely equal here.

I haven’t voted yet, but it’s between Kate or sitting this one out… because sometimes I think Jane is a little too bitchy.
      Don’t get me wrong: It’s one of the things I love about her, because her overall behavior and articulation reminds me of myself sometimes, but sometimes it’s just a little too much.

Comment by Nina – December 19, 2011 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well said!!!

Comment by lil jo – December 19, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you for saying this! I hate how everyone is talking like their personal opinion of appearance is all that matters and is somehow set in stone. It’s not all about beauty and even if it was, beauty is subjective. Personally I watch both shows and adore both actresses and characters, but I have a huge crush on Stana Katic because she’s just so adorable and fun, not to mention a brilliant actress and quite beautiful, so I did vote for Beckett. But there is no need to insult whatever actress you don’t fancy.

Comment by Julia – December 19, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dude, chill. Not everyone agrees with you. There are people I think are unattractive that other people find very attractive (Kate Hudson, for example).

For me, Stana Katic is the hottest woman on TV, hands down, and the “Kate Beckett” character not only has the looks going for her, but also a badass personality and a vulnerable emotional core that makes a guy want to be there for her and crush on her.

People are allowed to have their own opinions. Geez. And that said, I voted for Rizzoli in every bracket up to this one, but nobody beats Beckett in my book.

Comment by DL – December 19, 2011 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @ the idiot who is being a jerk and obviously doesn’t watch both shows. (yeah, that’s right, I’m talking to you “all of you are ridiculous”)
      First of all, maybe you should stop dissing other peoples favorite show and just say that you like Angie Harmon more than Stana Katic. Maybe that way you wouldn’t have gotten so many hate comments.
      Second, if you don’t watch BOTH Castle and Rizzoli and Isles than you shouldn’t be so judgmental about other people who think that Castle/Kate Beckett is hotter/sexier than Rizzoli and Isles/Jane Rizzoli.
      Third, did you ever stop and THINK that other people might have a different opinion than you?
      Fourth, how would you like it if you were Stana Katic and people on the internet were commenting about how YOU didn’t “look better” than the other person you were competing against? Bet you wouldn’t be so judgmental now, huh?
      Fifth, ever heard of the saying “Do unto others what you want other to do unto you.” Or “live and let live.” ?

Comment by 'ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS' IS RIDICULOUS! – December 19, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The joke is on you man!Becket is the real thing,not that robot chick!!!Come on look at her!Her face looks like she just came out from the factory doll line.Get real.

Comment by Novak – December 20, 2011 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon FTW. her voice alone should get her the W.

Comment by rebecca – December 18, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooh! Your right! Her voice is very sexy.

Comment by dee123 – December 18, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • shes HAWWWWWT win or no win shes the whole package and her voice shud get her the win.

Comment by rippy – December 18, 2011 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t really care, I voted for Rizzoli but I’d be fine if Beckett wins like it looks like she will

Comment by Carmichael – December 18, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have noticed that you have voted against Kate in every poll she was on even though you had no interest in her opponent. lol

Comment by GK – December 18, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you really have to ask? BECKETT!

Comment by Robert Ariadne – December 18, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could go either way with these two hot ladies. I’ll have to give the nod to Beckett!

Comment by Scott – December 18, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This isn’t even a competition.
    Beckett all the way!

Comment by Amber Louise – December 18, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to Kate Beckett.

Comment by CharlieBlue – December 18, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • y’all keep pretending anyone has a chance against beckett.. go on

Comment by jackal – December 18, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK-so I will vote for Beckett-why? My love and admiration ONLY goes to Maura Isles. Plus I really like Beckett and depends who she goes against with.

Comment by tahina – December 18, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well, the closest bout in the men’s category was the semi’s with DiNozzo up against Richard Castle, woulda been the final round if they werent on the same side of the bracket… now it looks like the women’s final could be Beckett vs Ziva.

Comment by jackal – December 18, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, i guess NCIS and Castle have the hottest/most likeable characters. after that semi, dinozzo crushed the guy from alias with like 75%

Comment by kell – December 18, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett is way hotter. Rizzoli looks seems kinda butch to me…

Comment by Emma – December 18, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA to Rizzoli’s. Though I don’t find Beckett that hot, I prefer her to Rizzoli, but Ms Isles gets my vote above them both!

Comment by nitemar – December 18, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rizzoli!!!

Her voice melts me. ;)

Comment by Sarah – December 18, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I picked Beckett, but it was an agonizing choice….they are BOTH very crushable. Harmon has the voice, but I watch Beckett all the time and I know how her looks can leave Castle (and ME!!) hanging!!!

Comment by mitch – December 18, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with this comment completely! This is an incredibly tough decision for me because I love them both. However, it’s Beckett’s mannerisms that just make me melt and want to hug her so much!

Comment by David – December 19, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anyone who votes for rizzoli is blind. Beckett all the way!

Comment by c – December 18, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes out to the sexy Detective Kate Beckett. Because of her heart, her strength and her hotness!!

Comment by Veru – December 18, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KATE BECKETT ALL THE WAY!

Comment by Layken – December 18, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • … Kate for sure. It’s not even a hard one

Comment by sacha – December 18, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s what she said! ;)

Comment by Tom – December 18, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to Detective Kate Beckett. ‘Nuff said.

Comment by Katherine – December 18, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if this tournament ends with castle’s beckett vs chuck’s sarah, im screwed. I WILL NOT CHOOSE!

Comment by lei – December 18, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No contest. Beckett ALL THE WAY! Smokin’ hot — I’d storm any castle for that!

Comment by Todd – December 18, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to Beckett.
    I don’t find Angie Harmon/Jane Rizzoli attractive in the least. She kinda looks like a weasel. Her face is just way too angular for me and her voice makes me want to kick a puppy.

Stana Katic isn’t prettier or anything but I love her personality. She seems so chill and down to earth. She’s also a much better actress than Harmon.

Comment by Marky Mark – December 18, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha you’re completely out of your mind.
      Go troll somewhere where people actually care about your stupidity.

Comment by Hahahaha – December 18, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, you’re right. Angie Harmon is not pretty enough. I mean, she could never be a model or a tv star, oh, wait….

Comment by Babygate – December 18, 2011 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stana is a much better actress and hotter. I agree with those words.

Comment by GK – December 18, 2011 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Beckett. I love Rizzoli but I think Beckett is more crushable

Comment by Sofia – December 18, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KB all the way.

Comment by Lauren – December 18, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to your hotness, Kate Beckett. The captain of the ship ^^

Comment by Mabub – December 18, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it all comes down to Kate Beckett vs. Sarah Walker, I’d rather die

Comment by dshbz – December 18, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! I don’t think I could decide.

Comment by Jim – December 18, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Rizzoli all the way!!

REALLY?!

How is this even a competition! Jane kicks ass. Nuff said.

Comment by RizzoliChick – December 18, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JANE RIZZOLI

Comment by Kari – December 18, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Freaking RIZZOLI duh

Comment by Adi – December 18, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Beckett FTW!
    It pains me to vote against Rizzoli, but it’s Beckett :D

Comment by Mayra – December 18, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Rizzoli, no contest.

Comment by Erin – December 18, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane all the way! RIZZOLI kicks ass

Comment by Nana – December 18, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • K becks all the way man!! Hands down!!

Comment by Darcie – December 18, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett, no contest.

Comment by lame – December 18, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REALLY? There can be only one >>>> Jane Rizzoli for the win!

Comment by AngieHarmonFan – December 18, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon wins my vote again!!! Jane Rizzoli!!! Angie Harmon is my one and only favorite!!!

Comment by Odette – December 18, 2011 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon’s JANE RIZZOLI gets my vote.

Comment by Gia Marie Carangi's Ghost – December 18, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett FTW!!

Comment by Christi – December 18, 2011 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • w h a t. how am i supposed to choose??? you know what, i’m abstaining. they are two of the most intelligent, funny, not to mention beautiful female characters i have seen on television in a long time. they both deserve to win! (though if i had to, i’d probably go with beckett, since i at least have a CHANCE with stana ;)

Comment by Sophie – December 18, 2011 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG.. what’s going on here? RIZZOLI looks WAY better than the other woman!

Comment by Sam – December 18, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely JANE RIZZOLI

Comment by Dave – December 18, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rizzoli has my vote.

Comment by Betsy – December 18, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rizzoli!!!!! I love Angie Harmon.

Comment by Steph – December 18, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon & Sasha Alexander all the way…the best duo going…

Comment by James Troutt – December 18, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Rizzoli aka Angie Harmon! ALL THE WAY! Huge Fan

Comment by ChristineDaBeen – December 18, 2011 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No fair! I have to choose between two of my faves…

Comment by Ana – December 18, 2011 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon is gorgeous. But, Stana. Stana is ravishing. And the way that she and Nathan interact. Oh, it’s the best crime fighting duo since Dinozzo and Kate (I’m getting the feeling that if you want a great cop, name her Kate). Anyway, Stana forevs. #longlivefirefly

Comment by Katy J. – December 18, 2011 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you made the comment of saying Caskett is the best crime fighting duo since Kate and tony, and no joke i teared up…i totally agree with you, it is so hard to find a person who still things Kate and Tony were one of the best around!!

Comment by Katie – December 18, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Angie Angie, voice=sexy smart attitude=bad ass cop, Dr isles= when paired with rizzoli its a pair you’d like to have on your side and have drinks with

Comment by Kelly – December 18, 2011 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Angie Harmen she is so cool !!!

Comment by Mike Reardon – December 18, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love to watch Castle more evey Monday nite,re-runs or not!! The best show EVER!!!! Kate Beckett is awesome!!!

Comment by Connie Womack – December 18, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post