Kate Beckett Vs. Jane Rizzoli as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals Continue!

Someone please call 9-1-1, because either Castle‘s Kate Beckett or Rizzoli & Isles‘ Jane Rizzoli is about to get shut out of the Semifinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament. Highly illegal!

Nikita-Vs.-Hawaii Five-0 Showdown as Round 3 of ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Concludes

Yes, folks, both of these scorchin’ hot cops will enter the single-elimination Quarterfinals of the TVLine Thunderdome, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next week, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Quarterfinals Begin: X-Files’ Scully Vs. NCIS’ Abby!

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming week, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. G says:

Rizzles for the wizzle fa shizzle!!

Ya know?

2. ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS says:

Is this a freaking joke?
    Angie Harmon is so much sexier than this other chick.
    Whaaat the fffjslxnfos, all you need is EYES and google to get this right.
    Please take a moment to consider that this isn’t about which show/character you look more, it’s about which one LOOKS better.
    That’s why pictures are included.
    Wtf guise

• Grace says:

Hmm, I’m for Rizzoli too, but I disagree with your assertion that it’s all about looks – hotness is a total package deal, super-attractive people with bad personalities are not hot in my book. That having been said, Rizzoli most definitely IS as hot in personality as she is in looks. In fact, Rizzoli is hotter to me than Angie Harmon…

• Joe says:

Actually it is very plausible to crush on someone no mater what their looks are. It is just one of many factors. Mannerisms, voice, way they hold themselves, intelligence etc.

The fact it is 2011 and society is still fixated on looks, really just about sums up everything wrong with society.

• ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS says:

I’m not saying I think it’s right that it’s all about looks. Because it isn’t. But that’s obviously what this contest is, seeing as we’re provided with pictures of each contestant and no insight into the character & their personality at all, how can somebody vote between two characters without ever having seen the show of one? This contest might be shallow for being all about looks, but so be it.

• Beckstle says:

I agree that if you haven’t seen either show being represented the contest becomes only about looks. The thing is, alot of the people who vote in these things HAVE seen at least one of the shows and are voting based on the character they watch – not the picture being shown. I mean, this is Tvline.com…it caters to people who WATCH TV and can have a reasonable expectation that if a voter has seen a show they already know something about the characters. People watch certain shows over other ones because they are drawn to that show’s story and characters. For them, the charactes on the show they DO watch is their most crushable. When, as in my case, I do watch both shows, it becomes about which character I find as a whole, more extrordinary. Katic and Harmon are both beautiful women, but for me, the character of Beckett as played by Katic is more compelling. With Rizzoli, I like the interplay between her and Isles. Their friendship is the biggest draw.

• Joe says:

Hmm strange concept… How about only voting in the categories you are qualified to vote in… Aka have watched both shows!

• Um... says:

Except, if it was just about looks wouldn’t it be which ACTRESS is hotter, not which CHARACTER?

• Kevin says:

Angie Harmon should’ve hands down won this tournament. She was the most beautiful of all the Law&Order women also. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

• Marc says:

You’re totally right!

• GK says:

I’m a guy who thinks Kate Beckett is hotter than every other female lead on tv! (Except Nina Dobrev, probably) That other Rizzoli chick is not hot at all.

• malial says:

I voted Rizzoli, but your comment make me almost regret it. That’s a bit harsh.

• Nina says:

Since you obviously watch only one of the two shows, I don’t think you’re in any position to judge or impose your own unqualified opinion here.

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so just because you think Angie Harmon looks prettier than Stana Katic, you have no right to call anyone ridiculous… let alone insult any of the actresses.

This contest is NOT about looks, it’s about CRUSHES… and you would know that if you actually read the title.
      It’s very sad that some people just don’t get it and just judge by the picture instead of taking the time and going to youtube to at least watch a short clip to get a better look at the character…
      This is a phenomenon I keep observing in everyday life as well: People expect to be get everything they want in special delivery to make it as easy as it can get. This is not how the world works anymore… you need something? Get it yourself!
      I can’t count that argument that they only provide a picture and no background information here… Hello? This is the internet… it’s all out there. So instead of comfortably saying this contest is about looks because no story is provided, get your lazy ass up and get the information yourself… it’s really not that hard! -.-

Now to the point where I say what I think about the contest pairing:
      Personally, I have seen every single episode of both Rizzoli & Isles AND Castle and for me this has to be the toughest choice so far. Their characters have a lot in common: Both are homicide detectives, really good at their job, totally surrounded by men they have to keep up with, funny, sarcastic, BAMFy, but have their soft spots… and not to forget… they are both beautiful women.
      For me Jane Rizzoli and Kate Beckett are absolutely equal here.

I haven’t voted yet, but it’s between Kate or sitting this one out… because sometimes I think Jane is a little too bitchy.
      Don’t get me wrong: It’s one of the things I love about her, because her overall behavior and articulation reminds me of myself sometimes, but sometimes it’s just a little too much.

• lil jo says:

well said!!!

• Julia says:

Thank you for saying this! I hate how everyone is talking like their personal opinion of appearance is all that matters and is somehow set in stone. It’s not all about beauty and even if it was, beauty is subjective. Personally I watch both shows and adore both actresses and characters, but I have a huge crush on Stana Katic because she’s just so adorable and fun, not to mention a brilliant actress and quite beautiful, so I did vote for Beckett. But there is no need to insult whatever actress you don’t fancy.

• DL says:

Dude, chill. Not everyone agrees with you. There are people I think are unattractive that other people find very attractive (Kate Hudson, for example).

For me, Stana Katic is the hottest woman on TV, hands down, and the “Kate Beckett” character not only has the looks going for her, but also a badass personality and a vulnerable emotional core that makes a guy want to be there for her and crush on her.

People are allowed to have their own opinions. Geez. And that said, I voted for Rizzoli in every bracket up to this one, but nobody beats Beckett in my book.

• 'ALL OF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS' IS RIDICULOUS! says:

@ the idiot who is being a jerk and obviously doesn’t watch both shows. (yeah, that’s right, I’m talking to you “all of you are ridiculous”)
      First of all, maybe you should stop dissing other peoples favorite show and just say that you like Angie Harmon more than Stana Katic. Maybe that way you wouldn’t have gotten so many hate comments.
      Second, if you don’t watch BOTH Castle and Rizzoli and Isles than you shouldn’t be so judgmental about other people who think that Castle/Kate Beckett is hotter/sexier than Rizzoli and Isles/Jane Rizzoli.
      Third, did you ever stop and THINK that other people might have a different opinion than you?
      Fourth, how would you like it if you were Stana Katic and people on the internet were commenting about how YOU didn’t “look better” than the other person you were competing against? Bet you wouldn’t be so judgmental now, huh?
      Fifth, ever heard of the saying “Do unto others what you want other to do unto you.” Or “live and let live.” ?

• Novak says:

The joke is on you man!Becket is the real thing,not that robot chick!!!Come on look at her!Her face looks like she just came out from the factory doll line.Get real.

3. rebecca says:

Angie Harmon FTW. her voice alone should get her the W.

4. Carmichael says:

Don’t really care, I voted for Rizzoli but I’d be fine if Beckett wins like it looks like she will

• GK says:

I have noticed that you have voted against Kate in every poll she was on even though you had no interest in her opponent. lol

5. Do you really have to ask? BECKETT!

6. Scott says:

I could go either way with these two hot ladies. I’ll have to give the nod to Beckett!

7. Amber Louise says:

This isn’t even a competition.
    Beckett all the way!

8. CharlieBlue says:

My vote goes to Kate Beckett.

9. jackal says:

y’all keep pretending anyone has a chance against beckett.. go on

10. tahina says:

OK-so I will vote for Beckett-why? My love and admiration ONLY goes to Maura Isles. Plus I really like Beckett and depends who she goes against with.

11. jackal says:

well, the closest bout in the men’s category was the semi’s with DiNozzo up against Richard Castle, woulda been the final round if they werent on the same side of the bracket… now it looks like the women’s final could be Beckett vs Ziva.

• kell says:

yeah, i guess NCIS and Castle have the hottest/most likeable characters. after that semi, dinozzo crushed the guy from alias with like 75%

12. Emma says:

Beckett is way hotter. Rizzoli looks seems kinda butch to me…

• nitemar says:

ITA to Rizzoli’s. Though I don’t find Beckett that hot, I prefer her to Rizzoli, but Ms Isles gets my vote above them both!

13. Sarah says:

Rizzoli!!!

Her voice melts me. ;)

14. mitch says:

I picked Beckett, but it was an agonizing choice….they are BOTH very crushable. Harmon has the voice, but I watch Beckett all the time and I know how her looks can leave Castle (and ME!!) hanging!!!

• David says:

Agree with this comment completely! This is an incredibly tough decision for me because I love them both. However, it’s Beckett’s mannerisms that just make me melt and want to hug her so much!

15. c says:

anyone who votes for rizzoli is blind. Beckett all the way!

16. Veru says:

My vote goes out to the sexy Detective Kate Beckett. Because of her heart, her strength and her hotness!!

17. Layken says:

KATE BECKETT ALL THE WAY!

18. sacha says:

… Kate for sure. It’s not even a hard one

19. Katherine says:

My vote goes to Detective Kate Beckett. ‘Nuff said.

20. lei says:

if this tournament ends with castle’s beckett vs chuck’s sarah, im screwed. I WILL NOT CHOOSE!

21. Todd says:

No contest. Beckett ALL THE WAY! Smokin’ hot — I’d storm any castle for that!

22. Marky Mark says:

My vote goes to Beckett.
    I don’t find Angie Harmon/Jane Rizzoli attractive in the least. She kinda looks like a weasel. Her face is just way too angular for me and her voice makes me want to kick a puppy.

Stana Katic isn’t prettier or anything but I love her personality. She seems so chill and down to earth. She’s also a much better actress than Harmon.

23. Sofia says:

Definitely Beckett. I love Rizzoli but I think Beckett is more crushable

24. Lauren says:

KB all the way.

25. Mabub says:

My vote goes to your hotness, Kate Beckett. The captain of the ship ^^

26. dshbz says:

If it all comes down to Kate Beckett vs. Sarah Walker, I’d rather die

27. RizzoliChick says:

Jane Rizzoli all the way!!

REALLY?!

How is this even a competition! Jane kicks ass. Nuff said.

28. Kari says:

JANE RIZZOLI

29. Adi says:

Jane Freaking RIZZOLI duh

30. Mayra says:

Kate Beckett FTW!
    It pains me to vote against Rizzoli, but it’s Beckett :D

31. Erin says:

Jane Rizzoli, no contest.

32. Nana says:

Jane all the way! RIZZOLI kicks ass

33. Darcie says:

K becks all the way man!! Hands down!!

34. lame says:

Beckett, no contest.

35. AngieHarmonFan says:

REALLY? There can be only one >>>> Jane Rizzoli for the win!

36. Odette says:

Angie Harmon wins my vote again!!! Jane Rizzoli!!! Angie Harmon is my one and only favorite!!!

37. Gia Marie Carangi's Ghost says:

Angie Harmon’s JANE RIZZOLI gets my vote.

38. Christi says:

Beckett FTW!!

39. Sophie says:

w h a t. how am i supposed to choose??? you know what, i’m abstaining. they are two of the most intelligent, funny, not to mention beautiful female characters i have seen on television in a long time. they both deserve to win! (though if i had to, i’d probably go with beckett, since i at least have a CHANCE with stana ;)

40. Sam says:

OMG.. what’s going on here? RIZZOLI looks WAY better than the other woman!

41. Dave says:

Definitely JANE RIZZOLI

42. Betsy says:

Rizzoli has my vote.

43. Steph says:

Rizzoli!!!!! I love Angie Harmon.

44. James Troutt says:

Angie Harmon & Sasha Alexander all the way…the best duo going…

45. ChristineDaBeen says:

Jane Rizzoli aka Angie Harmon! ALL THE WAY! Huge Fan

46. Ana says:

No fair! I have to choose between two of my faves…

47. Katy J. says:

Angie Harmon is gorgeous. But, Stana. Stana is ravishing. And the way that she and Nathan interact. Oh, it’s the best crime fighting duo since Dinozzo and Kate (I’m getting the feeling that if you want a great cop, name her Kate). Anyway, Stana forevs. #longlivefirefly

• Katie says:

you made the comment of saying Caskett is the best crime fighting duo since Kate and tony, and no joke i teared up…i totally agree with you, it is so hard to find a person who still things Kate and Tony were one of the best around!!

48. Kelly says:

Angie Angie Angie, voice=sexy smart attitude=bad ass cop, Dr isles= when paired with rizzoli its a pair you’d like to have on your side and have drinks with

49. Mike Reardon says:

I vote for Angie Harmen she is so cool !!!

50. Connie Womack says:

I love to watch Castle more evey Monday nite,re-runs or not!! The best show EVER!!!! Kate Beckett is awesome!!!