The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Sunday

On TV this Sunday: Well, let’s put it this way — if you don’t watch Survivor, you’ll be watching cable (or, you know, football). We’ve hand-picked 10 options, including the Dexter and Homeland season finales and Leverage‘s Boys’ Night Out.

7 pm Z100’s Jingle Ball 2011 (Fuse) | Hits and highlights from NYC’s hottest December concert ticket, including performances by Kelly Clarkson, Hot Chelle Rae, Gym Class Heroes, LMFAO, Gaga and others.

8 pm Survivor: South Pacific (CBS) | The winner of the final Redemption Island duel reenters the game for a chance at $1 million and the title of ‘Sole Survivor,’ on this special two-hour season finale (followed at 10 pm by the one-hour live reunion show).

8:30 pm Allen Gregory (Fox) | “Season” finale: Allen Gregory bribes Principal Gottlieb into a romantic situation that he hopes will bring them closer together. Now speaking of squicky couplings….

Is Dexter ‘Incest’ Not Best? Should the Homeland Daughter Get Packing? And Other TV Questions!

9 pm Dexter (Showtime) | Season 6 finale: Dexter and the homicide department race against a lunar eclipse to catch the Doomsday Killers before their final gruesome act; Debra struggles with a new emotional reality.

9 pm Leverage (TNT) | If you caught last week’s highly entertaining “Girls’ Night Out Job” — featuring a savvier, sexier version of Charlie’s Angels — you won’t want to miss “The Boys’ Night Out Job” and, for one, find out why Hardison was being chased up a fence by a dog. Guest star Drew Powell reprises his role of Jack Hurley (from Season 1’s “The 12-Step Job”).

9 pm Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs (Food Network) | It’s the Season 4 finale, and TVLine’s Meg Masters is making her call: “Chef Zakarian all the way — though the fear is that since Stadium Kitchen no longer has a female competitor, the title will ultimately go to the far less-deserving Chef Faulkner.” (Mind you, Meg guessed right last week with the WWE Slammy Awards’ Superstar of the Year, so she has skills.)

9 pm Robot Chicken (Adult Swim) | If you’re not watching the ’93 reissue of Jedi over on Spike (starting at 7:30), Robot Chicken is serving up Star Wars spoofs, Episode I and II, back-to-back.

Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Returns Calendar

10 pm Homeland (Showtime) | With Carrie near catatonic and confined to bed, Saul investigates the implications of her timeline; Brody makes his final preparations for the vice president’s policy summit.

10 pm Hell on Wheels (AMC) | With Elam’s life in the balance, Cullen must decide how much he’s willing to risk; Durant faces financial ruin as Lily confronts the family of her late husband.

10 pm All-American Muslim (TLC) | See what all the hubbub is about and remember, your local home improvement store will always take your business.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. ber says:

Dexter and Homeland finales all the way! Can’t wait!

• Bad Breaker says:

Same here, and I’ll throw Hell on Wheels on the DVR to watch without commercials. Also there is an early episode of Breaking Bad late night for those who haven’t seen it and are wondering what all the fuss is about.

2. GK says:

The one and only Dexter!

3. Sarah says:

Leverage, Dexter and Homeland! Can’t wait.

4. Yibbet says:

For me, it’s an interview with Meryl Streep on 60 MINUTES.

• Jim says:

Owwww I didn’t know about that…..

That’s an awesome Christmas gift, thanks for the info!

Looks like leverage, dexter and homeland wait til Monday!

5. mdaily says:

Dexter and Homeland are must sees for me, although the latest Dexter-Deb twist has me very unhappy.

I am sorry that there are no new episodes of Once and The Good Wife to captivate me.

6. Rachel says:

7. Templar says:

PBS is rerunning Downton Abbey the next three Sundays. I’ll refresh my memory on all of the sub-plots before the next wave starts in a few weeks.

8. D says:

Dexter! I don’t understand why everyone is so quick to reject the Deb/Dexter love storyline going on right now. I completely acknowledge it’s pretty weird and even gross but at the same time I appreciate that the show is willing to venture into this sort of territory. It’s all about taking risks and these sort of risks payoff in terms of storytelling…I just wish everyone wasn’t so quick to dismiss it as we haven’t even seen what this storyline is setting up. We see what’s on the surface but not the underlying details here, the writers know what they’re doing.

• David says:

People are so easy to dismiss it b/c its absolutely disgusting. Its not taboo – its disgusting. Couldn’t care less if they aren’t blood related, they grew up together as brother and sister. Unless you are some backward hick from the South, its revolting to most of America.

• Liam_H says:

I don’t agree with the implications of it either, but I can see why such issues can come up. Don’t be so harsh and judgmental, at least the writers are coming up with something interesting while main story line of this season has been bland and boring.

• Katherine Winter says:

As a lifelong Southerner, I must take issue with your suggestion that incest is more acceptable and/or prevalent in the South than in other regions of the country. Tsk, tsk, such a stereotype. Tragically, incest occurs in all parts of the nation and in all socioeconomic strata. Incest is a very unreported crime so obtaining reliable statistics is very difficult, no matter where you live. At least one website (WikiAnswers), albeit without citing any source, identifies Alaska as the US state with the highest rate of incest. Last time I checked, Alaska was not in the South.

• Katherine Winter says:

Typo: “unreported” should be “underreported”

• Katherine Summer-Morgan says:

I take great exception to that comment as well. Not all of us backward hicks are from the South and I resent the implication that just because I am a backward hick that I must also be a Southerner.

We won the civil war and with that comes our right to marry our siblings without fear of retribution.

I am a proud Alaskan Hick. Long live Sarah Palin!

• David says:

I spoke too soon. I just caught my sister coming out of the shower and I’ve realized it’s not so disgusting after all.

• Brad says:

Now you’re the disgusting one.

• David says:

Nah, that would be the tool who thought it funny to use a username of David and post as me. Incestual hicks or wherever they are from are sad like that.

• Brad says:

Hey David,

Maybe we should get together some time and have a beer and talk about some of this disgusting behavior. We’ll see where things go from there.

• Sam Tío says:

What does “Incestual” mean? Did you perhaps mean “sad” or “pathetic”? Where are you from? I expect it is not from the land of those who speak English.

9. Hilary says:

I’m already on the edge of my seat waiting for Homeland!!!

10. Johnn says:

11. Rachel says:

“remember, your local home improvement store will always take your business.”

12. athena says:

Dexter, Dexter, Dexter. Today all I can think about is Dexter’s season finale!

13. Amanda Susan says:

I feel the same way as Meg when it comes to the Next Iron Chef. Unless Jeffrey blows them away, he will probably lose.

14. Buffy Freak says:

The only reason I’m looking forward to tonight’s finale of Dexter is that it means this worst-ever season will finally be over. I really hoped it would rebound from last season’s blah-ness but it actually makes me miss Lumen. Totally psyched for Homeland though!

15. Jake says:

Does everyone think Homeland is going to have a open ended ending or a big cliffhanger type ending? Im really excited for the finale!

16. Lynn says:

I will be watching Hell on Wheels!!

17. Justin says:

LEVERAGE! Last week’s “Girl’s night out” episode was very entertaining, so I expect the Boy’s night out will be the same.

18. kevin says:

DEXTER and HOMELAND. Two of the best shows on Showtime and I can’t wait on what’s in store for next season. Unfortunately for ALLEN GREGORY, tonight’s episode is going to end up as a “series finale”. Fox better cancel the awful Jonah Hill animated series for good.