Ratings: Extreme Makeover Up, Chuck Drops from High, Grimm Dips

The headline pretty much says it all, regarding how this week’s sparse Friday fare fared.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, on the heels of its cancellation news, drew a few more eyeballs (flirting with 5 million total viewers) and inched up a tenth in the demo (to a 1.3 rating).

Your January Premieres and Returns Calendar

Chuck, which last week hit a season high in audience, tumbled double digits to 3.22 million viewers and a 0.9 rating. Lead-out Grimm, however, only dipped 5 percent (to 5.2 mil/1.5).

CBS Tweaks Midseason Schedule, Moves Gifted Man Into CSI: NY Time Slot

For the night, Grimm scored the best demo rating, while a Blue Bloods repeat (6.66 million total viewers) drew the largest audience.

1. Renee says:

I enjoyed Grimm last night. It’s steadily improving.

2. xav says:

I thought Grimm was kind of boring last night. Even though Monroe is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters on tv right now.

3. May says:

I loved Grimm last night! I really don’t care if the ratings dip. As long as we get 22 episodes this season then I’ll be happy. I never expect any new show I love to be picked for more seasons anyway.

I consider it a miracle that all 3 new shows I liked: Once Upon a Time, Revenge and Grimm were picked up for a full season in the first place. So, I am already thankful just for that, lol.

4. kevin says:

It’s very sad to see EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION getting canceled by ABC and it won’t very long when it winds down towards its emotional series finale on January 13th. Also sad about CHUCK and GRIMM taking another dip in ratings and CBS still making an impact on Friday nights if A GIFTED MAN won’t make it ’til Season Two.

• Ryan says:

Chuck is getting a real ending after plenty of seasons of mediocre ratings, which in these days, is in and of itself a near miracle.

I say that as a fan (though I haven’t watched much of this season — Friday nights just don’t do it for me… I’ll catch ’em when the DVDs are out). I’m very happy about the way things have turned out.

5. Michael says:

Although the leading is compelling(and by compelling, I mean smokin’), I’ve found the show a little slow. I don’t think that there are any worries of cancellation. The rating would suck on any other night, even for NBC, but on Fridays, a 1.5 is more like a 2.5. And the 1.5 is not all that far off from the CBS shows. If Grimm doesn’t drop any more, it’s a shoe-in for a second season.

6. Caro says:

I absolutely love Grimm. I hope it keeps picking up viewers. Every time a good show with supernatural implications gets picked up by a network station it gets cancelled. I hope Grimm does not suffer that fate.

7. Dan says:

Not surprised about Chuck dipping again.
    This season has been awful so far and last night was one of the worst episodes of Chuck ever.
    I was hoping the show would go out on a high note but I guess not. Next week can only get worse with the douchbag back.

• DN says:

Are you getting enough oxygen where you are? Your review of “Chuck” is absolutely insane, so not being of sound mind is the only logical explanation for it. “Curse” was an amazing episode, with a lot of great suspense with a little humor added.

Wait, you’re probably one of the people who seems to need to post hate messages about the show, and you’ve disguised yourself as a fan! Clever.

• Dan says:

Well, I have watched every episode and bought every DVD-box so I think I can call myself a fan. But I am not a brainwashed fan that accepts any crap the writers give us.

Morgan as the intersect didnt work AT ALL. Most of the episodes have been full of gigantic plotholes (much more than ever) and downright boring. This episode Chuck was even more stupid and whiny than season 1, etc.

I agree that Carrie Ann Moss was good but that was so far the only good thing this season.

I’m a huge fan of Chuck season 1-2 and season 5 is nothing like that. I think the biggest mistake they did was Intersect 2.0 forcing them to balance the superpowers with making Chuck even more stupid and whiny. Close second comes having Brandon Ruth on the show, the man with only one facial expression for everything and not even the slightest chemistry. And then third of course how they destroyed both Chuck and Sarahs characters during the Shaw arc.

• SpyTV says:

I agree, this is a typical overreaction by the “crazy-shipper” sort. Because Brandon Routh is appearing in a season 5 episode, they feel the entire season must be crap. This is because he came between our heroes for all of 1 1/2 episodes of the show 2 years ago! These people need to go watch less stressful fare about couples that may or may not get together, like Bones or Castle. Of course it’s possible they post irrational comments about those shows too.

• amberjj says:

agreed. chuck has been terrible and deserves to be cancelled. anyone who says otherwise is delusional

• Disgruntled Fan says:

Agreed about 5×06 being a very, very bad episode specially in terms of the lead character’s (Chuck’s)portrayal. I think the writers love to regress the characters. And next week – the douchebag is back and I am not too excited about it. His character is like a Dementor – sucking out the fun and heart of the show whenever he is on screen.

8. jen says:

Grimm is one of my sleeper favorites; I wasn’t sure I would like it when it premiered, but I’m now a fan. I really enjoyed last nite’s episode and I’m pleasantly surprised at how good it is week to week. It deserves more viewers, but then so does Fringe. I wish CBS viewers would change the channel once in a while to see what’s good on other networks.

9. fiona says:

dan-im interested to know why you hate it? the only part i didnt like was morgan as the intersect. carrie ann moss has been brilliant. i would like more casey though.

• Disgruntled Fan says:

IMO, the first two episodes and parts of 5×03 were painful to watch what with the writers stupidly making Morgan the left, right and center of the show. 5×04 and 5×05 were really great and Carrie Ann Moss as Gertrude has been fantastic throughout. Then came 5×06 – this episode majorly harmed Chuck’s character for the sake of the plot.

10. Cheryl says:

I love Grimm! It just keeps getting better and better. In spite of last nights episode (great that it was ) having a suddenly and seriously sloppy ending to the storyline.

• AW says:

Totally agree with you. I liked the episode but I was miffed at the ending – what happened to the kidnapped boy? – he was left tied up in the basement by the Rednecks. Why was that old guy (Addison) in the line up at the station? Did he try to molest the girl way back and she bit him and ran away? Some questions left unanswered.

11. Jaime R. says:

I love GRIMM hope it gets pick up for a nother season.

12. Ruth says:

Will another network pick up Emhe?

13. Templar says:

I want to like Grimm, I really do. I like the cast, but the stories are just too alike and predictable. The scenery is gorgeous and production values are great, but they have to improve the scripts.