'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals Begin: X-Files' Scully Vs. NCIS' Abby!

Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the fact that we’ve reached the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament?

Nikita-Vs.-Hawaii Five-0 Showdown as Round 3 of ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Concludes

In one corner, we’ve got The X-Files‘s scintillating Dana Scully, and in the other, NCIS‘s smokin’ Abby Sciuto. Yet while both comely crime-fighters will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next week, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Criminal Minds’ JJ Takes on T.J. Hooker’s Stacy in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming week, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (268)

• lol hahaha and the only woman to make girls wish they were shorter! If I remember correctly she was only 5 foot 2 inches tall. She made me wish I was petite. And she is the reason I started dying my hair “titian” red…and have never gone back.

Comment by Jaclyn – December 17, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully all the way. No question. She rocks.

Comment by Aust – December 17, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love NCIS, but not Abby.

Comment by mark – December 17, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the fact that the poll is this close togethor makes me wonder about ppl… this is a contest based on looks … and by said looks … scully should be destroying abbey… i love abby to death… but Gillian Anderson is the most beautiful woman on the planet… shes getting hotter by the years… we are talking about a woman who once was voted the sexiest woman alive… how many ppl on this list can say that?

Comment by blah! – December 17, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “this is a contest based on looks”

Thank you! I don’t check out tvline.com but so often, but I was thinking the same. And Gillian is tops by a mile — or ten. Abbs is cute, but as others have mentioned, it’s a in a schoolgirl kinda way. At best I’d take her for an ice cream cone. Scully is a dinner date @ the finest restaurant in town!

And I was floored to check the bracket and saw that Kensi lost out to Ziva. REAAAALLLY? Ziva is lovely, but Kensi is sooo ridiculously, beautifully hot words don’t do her justice.

Comment by tHeMaNwHoLaUgHs – December 18, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “this is a contest based on looks”

See, I’ve never perceived it as such, so if that’s the case TVLine should have made it clearer.
        To “Crush” on someone is to be infatuated with them.

That to me would imply that not every crush is based on the outside appearance, many start out that way, but I would dare say that for most people, the crush grows or ebbs away as they become more familiar with the person (or in this case character). For myself, I can definitely say that sense of humor, intelligence, charisma, charm, ability to empathize, ability to express yourself (intellectually and emotionally) all plays into every sustained crush I’ve ever experienced. As these are characters we watch/watched on our tvs weekly for months at a time, “looks” are very likely only a small part of the determining factor in who we vote for. Plus, a look that wasn’t appealing to start with can become attractive. A case in point (for me) is Bud on Body of Proof. Zero attraction when I watched the first ep. Now, I’m starting to crush on him.
        So yeah, I LOVED XFILES back in the day and I LOVE NCIS now. In some of the earlier matchups Dana Scully got my vote. In this one, it’s Abby, all the way.
        If you’re still reading, I’m sorry for being so long winded.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – December 19, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully. Enough said..

Comment by AM – December 17, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully hands down. I do think Abby is hot but I love red heads and grew up watching the x-files. Oh yeah, Scully is gun happy!

Comment by Rudder2 – December 17, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do love NCIS and Abby is my favorite..but The X-Files is one the best shows ever on the planet…I have watched every episode more times than I can count and Scully rules!!!! SCULLY forever!!!!

Comment by Tam – December 17, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of the people voting here are women who grew up with or love X-Files. If it was upto just guys, in no universe would Abby beat Brennan and Gillian beat Olivia! This is a shame!

Comment by Brad – December 17, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!!
      Also Gillian is horrible as a person!!

Comment by Charles – December 18, 2011 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How do you know? Did she kick your puppy?

Comment by dee123 – December 18, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with him. Even towards the end of the show, she remained disinterested in X-Files and its theories. She changed her accent and began thinking as though the British accent somehow put her above the rest of us Americans. Ugh.

Comment by Leah – December 18, 2011 02:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • My friend met Gillian Anderson in person and I tell you she is friendly, funny and not one bit arrogant. She likes to live in Britain, where she already lived as a child for a couple of years and thus speaks with a British accent when in Britain. So what? Does that humiliate your patriotic American feelings? The US doesn’t rule the world or is superior to other countries.
            Her portrait of Dana Scully is awesome and I love her for it.

Comment by scientist – December 18, 2011 04:33 AM PDT
          • Did you know she grew up in London until she was 11 years old?
            Also, she stayed in the show even when David Duchovny didn’t, and she was so tired of it because she had to work 16 hours a day for 9 years.
            And she is such a gonderful person, she does a lot of charity work, more than most of other celebrities.
            I don’t know her personally but for the interviews I’ve seen, she is funny, intelligent and very nice. And she isn’t vain at all.

Comment by Paula – December 18, 2011 04:56 AM PDT
          • Truthfully, you sound like an ignorant troll who doesn’t read much. Be very offended.

Comment by Manni – December 18, 2011 08:28 AM PDT
      • LMAO are you serious? Now you know her in person right? LOL

Comment by Marc – December 18, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know guys were the ones who voted her the sexist person in the world a couple years ago, so your point is invalid.

Comment by 2shy – December 18, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couple of years ago?!!! Which poll are you talking about? Both of them are not sexy either way. I don’t care who wins here.

Comment by Brad – December 18, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Olivia lost the poll, get over it.
      Scully is the best, watch The X-Files.

Comment by Polly – December 18, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did that. Bordering on boring.

Comment by Brad – December 18, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s okay. Some people aren’t smart enough to handle The X-Files. It reached the more educated demographics. But I’m sure your balls will drop one day.

Comment by XF – December 18, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Nah I’m smart enough. I don’t watch NCIS or any of its clones either. I’m just not as intelligent as your regular X-Files viewers. Why do you think it ran for so long? It was dumbed down for the ignorant fools.

Comment by Brad – December 18, 2011 10:19 PM PDT
          • Brad please stop talking. Why do you watch Castle? Is for the funness factor or because of intelligent writing. If is it the latter, then everything you have said before now is invalid. The quality of the X-Files far surpasses what Castle has produced. This comes from someone who has watched every episode of Castle.

Comment by 2shy – December 20, 2011 07:17 AM PDT
    • Gotta disagree in part. Yeah, if only dudes voted, the results overall would be different. Brennan is hotter than Abbs. However, I for one prefer Scully over Dunham. Anna Torv is lovely, but there’s something just a tad “mannish” about her. I think Gillian is/was the right call there.

But yeah, I give you Brennan over Abby. I’m not getting that at all.

Comment by tHeMaNwHoLaUgHs – December 18, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • just so you know i didn’t grew up with x-files. i just think scully is a much better character and she has something different about her. not a blond bomshell. Gillian Anderson is the most beautiful woman ever. Olivia can go sleep. i agree that brennan is also beautiful but scully wins by miles.

Comment by Sharlene – December 19, 2011 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Abby ftw,Scully is average at best.

Comment by weare – December 19, 2011 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You gotta be kidding! Scully is average…wow. She looks far better than Abby.

Comment by 2shy – December 19, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Neither of them are even remotely attractive -_-

Comment by B – December 20, 2011 05:30 AM PDT
          • No,she does not,scully is passable.

Comment by weare – December 20, 2011 05:37 AM PDT
  • Abby is annoying!

Comment by carley – December 17, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am a huge X-File and NCIS fan. I had a major crush on Dana Scully. So my vote goes to her

Comment by Fictionnaire – December 17, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s face it, Scully kicks arse. She’s a classic, and will never be forgotten. I’ve grown up with X-Files, and NCIS, not so much. Abby’s cool and all, but Scully takes the cake. Plus, you can’t go wrong with a redhead!

Comment by Jonatha – December 17, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta go with Scully on this one.

Comment by Justin – December 17, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • forevah, SCULLEEEEEEE!!!!! that is all!! ;)

Comment by summer – December 17, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, Abby’s love of animals serves as a tiebreaker!

Comment by Televinita – December 17, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully all the way. Probably my favorite female TV character of ALL time. And sexy as hell.

Comment by Katya – December 17, 2011 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I love Abby on NCIS but vs Dana Scully. Scully without a doubt. X-Files was the bomb a** show because of her.

Comment by BJohnson – December 17, 2011 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doctor Special Tramp Dana Katherine Scully is always the answer.

Comment by Monday – December 17, 2011 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the closeness of the vote on this pairing. Scully and Abby are so different, it’s hard to compare them. I love them both, but voted for Abby because Pauley Perrette is a lot like Abby in her background and outlook, and drop-dead gorgeous IRL. I know, I’m only supposed to consider the character, but…

Comment by arial – December 17, 2011 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully is elegant and cold, Abby is way more huggable and loveable.

Comment by odette – December 17, 2011 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes! go scully! she is way hotter then that picture makes her look though..by far! haha

Comment by alice – December 17, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Abby!!!
    She’s the sweetest thing ever.

Comment by Svenja – December 18, 2011 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana “I just put a dollar in the magic fingers” Scully

Comment by Mark – December 18, 2011 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Bad Blood. One of my all times favorites…”they say this Shack is a Mother—, shut your mouth, can you dig it, Shack! ” Mulder.

Comment by tahina – December 18, 2011 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is one of my favorite episodes, one of my favorite quotes is when she starts the autopsy and says the guy “is arguably having a worse time in Texas than I am, though not by much”

Comment by Sarah – December 18, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “You know I haven’t eaten since 6:00 this morning, and all that was was half of a cream cheese bagel, and it wasn’t even real cream cheese, it was light cream cheese!”

Comment by mm – December 19, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • um,lol this cat SHAFT…

Comment by Jaclyn – December 19, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully. No question. My adoration of both the character and of GA probably has something to do with tthe way I voted. And then there’s the fact that, as. A straight, educated woman, Scully/GA is the only character/woman that’s ever made me seriously question my sexual preference. I don’t necessarily think that just because I’d do Scully, it’d make me a lesbian… Sexy is sexy….Period. And Scully/Gillian is sexy in each and every way that’s appealing. Hell, during the run of the show, Scully/GA was the woman every guy wanted to be with, and that every girl wanted to be and look like. So…Scully for the WIN. All the rest are simply wannabe’s. Scully is the closest thing to Emma Peele in a business suit, as anyone will ever get…

Comment by goody – December 18, 2011 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I was never that so big NCIS fan, and the X-Files… Let’s say the show is still one of my biggest TV love interests and it’s mainly because of Scully. So, go Gillian!!!

Comment by Ivka – December 18, 2011 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO ONE like Scully!

Comment by Sabrina – December 18, 2011 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right! LMAO I can’t even..

LOL and why she’s winning? :D

Comment by Marc – December 18, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If wasn’t for Scully there will never exist foresics and scientist womans on TV.
    Our Scully is the most beautiful and she deserve to win.The others are fakes,sorry to say but the other female characters are just Scully’s copies.I love Scully forever,she’s the best!

Mulder,it’s me.

Comment by Alyssya – December 18, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Voted for Scully.
    I’m not a fan of tattoo, Dog collar, ugly shoes, heavy make up…

Comment by j smith – December 18, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The right choice is so obvious here. Nobody stands a chance against Scully, she is everything that all these other characters can only wish to become. Besides, none of them can run in high heels, point their guns and look SEXY as hell!!

Comment by Chris – December 18, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCULLY! She’s PERFECT!

Comment by Marc – December 18, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love abby but scully is my role model. so voting scully.

Comment by hanna m. – December 18, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing like the fact that Pauley Perrette is an actual forensic scientist. Go Abby!!!

Comment by hada – December 18, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a close one. Found it hard to choose. But X-Files was one of my all time favorite series, so I have to give it to Scully.

Comment by Cinders – December 18, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta say I do have soft spot for girl in gothic-lolita style, or somewhat very anime-girl, cos it’s really, really hard to pull off, and that girl Abby does it justice. However, my vote still goes for the one and only Dana Scully.

Comment by l – December 18, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • again, only know scully. have no clue about this other girl.

Comment by mila – December 18, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dammit, I knew this was coming eventually… As much as I love Abby and think she is all around awesome, she is a lab tech, NOT law enforcement, so I have to go on a technicality here to save my own mind from a painful decision. Scully for me :)

Comment by Bobby – December 18, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hey.she is law enforcement. what? just because you dont carry a gun you arent law enforcement? the law wouldnt be able to be enforced without her. with out forensic analyziation, you would be able to make arrests or proesecutions. and this is from someone who knows her way around criminal justice. believe me. my brother is a cop for NYPD. forensic specialists and medical examiners are considered law enforcement according to the criminal justice act of 1978 page 4 paragraph 7, sub paragraph 5, line 2. Im sorry i sound like a bit(h right now but it just annoys me when people say forensic scientists and M.E.’s arent law enforcement just because they dont carry a gun or work in the field.

Comment by NCISgal – December 18, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Abby, don’t get me wrong, I’ve been watching NCIS since the beginning… But, Abby is more like the girl I’d love to have as a BFF/sister and not a crush. Scully, on the other way, has been a girlcrush of mine since TXF season 1 and I have to got with her…

Comment by Carla – December 18, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby is my favourite NCIS character, but in no universe will I vote against Scully. Love her!

Comment by Janie – December 18, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully is the reason all of these other characters came into being, but apart from that Gillian anderson is hot! I would so turn lesbian for her!!! Abby looks like a kinky child – not good! I’ve not seen much of NCIS but she must be one hell of a character????

Comment by Dawn – December 18, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she is. but in a good way. you have to watch NCIS and appreciate it to understand. abby is one of the major characters in the show. it couldnt run without her. The world reknown forensic specialist? happiest oth you’ll ever meet. best person you’ll ever meet actually. this picture doesnt do her justtice.

Comment by NCISgal – December 18, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that’s easy-Scully by far!
    As an “ex” XFiles devotee until they crash and destroy sadly with a boring ssn9 and 2nd movie totally(sadly) #%*¥~…[censured myself]
    Horrible….
    But still, my favotite duo on tv still is Mulder and Scully…..after is Crockett & Tubbs..but that’s a other story…
    And Scully reminder me of Cuddy in [H]ouse
    Love her job,respect/sexual tension with Mulder….and stubborn about everything a bit to “out there” weird…

Comment by Jules – December 18, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully all the way! \o/

Comment by NG – December 18, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Pauley Perette is actually really beautiful and has a Mila Jovovic thing going on. However, I am a hardcore X-Files fan and I could never go against Scully! She is beautiful too and her character is beautiful in a very understated way. Scully wears very minimal makeup and we always see her in business attire and she is STILL gorgeous and is sexy without trying. Scully all the way!!!!

Comment by Emily – December 18, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only is Scully hotter and a better character, she’s a hotter and better character than ANY other woman on tv. Suck it bitches.

Comment by Heather – December 18, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCULLY

Comment by Stephie – December 18, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! ScullyScully! Scully! Scully! Scully! Scully! ! Scully! Scully! Ok I’m done

Comment by Lindsay – December 18, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, tell us who you voted for. LOL.

I love Scully too & love your enthusiasm. go Dana Scully

Comment by Kathi – December 19, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hard one! While really it was NCIS that brought me to x files and my love of Abby that brought me ncis… I don’t know that I can choose… Maybe I’ll just vote for whoever is behint and hope we get a dead on 50/50 :p

Comment by sacha – December 18, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow,I voted for Scully thinking that, as I love both characters, I should vote for the likely underdog, the one whose show isn’t on air anymore. I guess I underestimated X-Files/Scully/G.A. fans. Go Gillian Anderson!

Comment by Tracey – December 18, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this poll were done ten years ago, and NCIS had been around then, this would have been no contest. The fact that Scully hasn’t been on TV in like a decade and she’s STILL kicking ass should tell you something. Dana Scully for the overall EPIC win! God what I wouldn’t do to that woman…

Comment by What? – December 18, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully will be the best forever because she was the firts to be in this kind of show…

Comment by kdsxfiles – December 18, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um i dont even think it’s fair to compare this pic of scully to this picture of abby. i mean there are wayyyyy sexier pics of abby that if i were to use up against scully, abby would have a 50% lead right now. NCIS all the way!

Comment by NCISgal – December 18, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are way sexier pictures of Scully–way sexier, so your point is invalid.

Comment by 2shy – December 20, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Scully for me too.
    My choice for NCIS would never be Abby.

Comment by Xindilini – December 18, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post