'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Quarterfinals Begin: X-Files' Scully Vs. NCIS' Abby!

Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the fact that we’ve reached the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament?

Nikita-Vs.-Hawaii Five-0 Showdown as Round 3 of ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Concludes

In one corner, we’ve got The X-Files‘s scintillating Dana Scully, and in the other, NCIS‘s smokin’ Abby Sciuto. Yet while both comely crime-fighters will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next week, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Criminal Minds’ JJ Takes on T.J. Hooker’s Stacy in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming week, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Nicotine says:

I was never a X-Files fan, but that doesn’t make Gillian Anderson any less hot. And god knows I love me some redheads. However, I am a huge NCIS fan, and I just can’t go against Abby. FTW!

2. DL says:

I love Abbs, but Scully is Scully, and plus she carries a gun. Scully gets my vote hands down.

3. Katy says:

This is really hard, as I’m a huge, die hard X Files fan and a die hard ncis fan, although I’d say x files is higher on my list, abby is my fave ncis gal. if it’s based on the actual character, then i’d have to go for scully, but if you’re basing it o the actor as they are now, i hate to say it but gillian anderson ain’t grown more beautiful with age………………. my heart says scully but my head says abby!!!!

4. CharlieBlue says:

Sorry Abby, you’re awesome, but Scully is and will always be the best and she’s one of a kind for me.
    So voting for Scully, obviously.

• Maya Mulder says:

Dana Scully!!!!! Because I grew up with The X-Files not NCIS… Without The X-Files or Scully,shows like NCIS WOULDN’T EXIST!!!

• Oo says:

That’s ridiculous! Abby for me!

• yep says:

Never was an X Files fan either Dana Scully was kind of dry. Just love watching the excentric and quirky Abby and don’t miss watching NCIS. NCIS has a wonderful mix of drama and comedy with Abs/Tony/Gibbs/Ducky/Ziva My vote all the way Abs.

• 2shy says:

Scully was dry? What show were you watching? Abby is a nice character and all, but Scully is more realistic than Abby.

• oO says:

Wtf touche/tushy! Nice Abby over dry Scully anyday!

• 2shy says:

Please, Scully was only dry because she wasn’t hyped up on that cafpow crap or whatever that was. Just because Scully isn’t actively trying to entertain the world with her “zaniness” doesn’t mean she is dry. Those who think that does not understand the show or who Scully is. If Scully acted like Scully while employed in the X-Files division, she would have been fired and/or killed years ago.

• 2shy says:

*I meant acted like Abby.

• NCISgal says:

wow that’s ubsurd!!! NCIS is a legit orginization for your information!! NCIS WOULD exist because it was a spinoff of JAG. get your facts straight.

• NCISgal says:

And Scully is not more realistic then Abby. I mean come on. Watch the X-files, then watch NCIS. which is more realistic? I rest my case.

• 2shy says:

Personality wise, Scully is more realistic. Also, we are not talking about what exists in the real world, but rather TV. Scully was the predecessor for most of the women today–she set the trend that women could be smart, beautiful, and handle herself professionally without a man’s help. There were women before her, but Scully got the attention of the world. That is why people say Abby and recent women wouldn’t exist without her.

• XShipper says:

Dude, I just say FBI and its real! Muuuahaha!

• abbyfannn says:

NCIS is real too! do you live underneath a rock? the naval criminal investigative service is a real organization sherlock. i should know, my uncle works there.

• BlueByU says:

No contest–Scully who? It’s Abby all the way.

5. Naomi says:

People, really? The Goth chick?

• Charpa says:

She is not a goth, she is a scientist :)

• lethargic says:

And one of the ugliest people on the planet.

• Templar says:

Not to be argumentative, but Mayim Bialik [Amy Farah Fowler on Big Bang] is the ugliest person on TV.

• Anna says:

Granted Amy’s ugly; but Scully’s not much better. I think some people are confusing crushability with skankyness; which is what the photo of Scullyis projecting. ” Vote for me,, and I’ll go into the closet with you.”

• 2shy says:

Have you even watched the X-Files? By no means is Scully skankish in any way, which is why she is highly respected as a character within the series and by fans. Even if her photo projects what you say, all the fans of the series know better than this.

• yep says:

I guess you didn’t see her on a halloween episode. Dressed as Marylin Monroe in the famous white dress that blows up. She had Tony and probie at a stand still with their jaws dropped.

• Wowsers. says:

LMAO!
          Oh honey, you need to get your eyes checked.

• NCISgal says:

hey bitch. This pic doesnt even do her justice so shut your mouth before i shut it for you.

• NCISgal says:

oh and btw, i was talking t the person who said abby was ugly. not Anna. I completely agree with you.

• Christianna says:

You’re just jealous…Do you even know how kind and generous to the less fortunate she is? Life isn’t about beauty, it’s about what you do with yourself. The best people are the ones who give to others, and not to themselves..

Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto) has just got engaged, but she’s waiting until EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. STATE has gay/lesbian marriage legalized. She’s donated millions to charities all over the world, she’s pretty amazing…

So don’t discriminate based on looks, think twice.

• 2shy says:

And? I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but we are talking about characters and not the actresses who play them.

6. xtfania says:

Always Scully!!!!!! if there are forensic people on TV is because Scully… C’mon!!!!!

7. Lucia says:

Scully is Scully, but Abbs is objectively hotter.

8. Zoe says:

Obviously Abby. Scully is Scully, but Abby is to awesome!

9. aby says:

Scully people. The truth is out there.

10. Alice says:

Abby who? How did this match even happen…?

11. Sabrina says:

Dr. Scully

12. Yak says:

False. They dress her in clothes that are 2 sizes too big and polyester to boot, not to mention unflattering. To top that off they put glasses on her. Have you seen her out of character? She’s actually super pretty and stylish AND a PhD.
    But Abby isn’t that pretty. Her hair drives me nuts. It’s like her stylish tries to make it look stringy.

13. Marianto86 says:

Scully vs ????? who is she? Scully punches men in the soul!

14. Stanacat says:

SCULLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

15. Jennifer says:

Scully made Abby possible. So, as much as I love Abby, I’m voting for Scully!

16. Manni says:

Come on Abby is like Scully and Mulder’s love child….Without Scully, there probably would not be this poll.

17. XF says:

I’m a straight girl and I would still have sex with Scully, even all these years later. Abby, sorry, but you still look 12.

18. Lucia says:

What do you mean without Scully there would be no Abby? I love Scully to death, but there were crime shows before the X-Files, and there will be crime shows after NCIS. This is not Fringe: it doesn’t even remotely deal with the supernatural. If anything, NCIS is the child of JAG and CSI, and she still beat Sara.

19. Sarah says:

Scully has to win!

20. ThatsDrScullytoYou says:

Scientific inaccuracies. Tsk tsk, TVLine. http://imgur.com/fNNqb

21. Megan says:

Abby has already beat Bones in this competition; both intelligent and beautiful female forensic scientists who work with a wonderful team of investigators who catch the bad guys. But at the root of these two characters, these two strong females, these two forensic scientists, is Dana Scully, the skeptical forensic scientist who was the soul of the X-Files, the show that changed television forever.

22. Jon says:

Can both lose neither are hot

23. nancy says:

Can’t stand old Abby acting like a teenager.

24. dee123 says:

I really hope the NCIS sheep don’t win this. If Scully can beat Abby she can beat anyone.

25. Iris says:

As much as I love Abby, SCULLY will always be my fave! SCULLY!

26. kanejones says:

Sculaaaaayyy FTW!

27. lipsticksocialism says:

SCULLY ALL THE WAY, ALWAYZ!!!

28. Leonie1988 says:

Always SCULLY!
    I am a die hard fan of both shows, but Abby is not my favorite NCIS girl and she doesn’t carry a gun!!!
    Scully is soooo great! And please look at Gillian Anderson in the new Johnny English! She is amazing!

29. nitemar says:

Scully will always have my vote. Without Scully there be no Abbys, Zivas, Olivias, Bones..etc,etc,etc. :)

• Wtf sick of these comments. says:

Uh.. not true…

• Nightcrawler says:

You X-Files fans are just plain morons. Your statement has no bearing on the hotness factor and its untrue to boot.

• 2shy says:

Give it a rest. Someone says Scully’s hot, then a Abby fan talks about how smart and talented Abby is. Someone says that Scully is intelligent and so on, and then someone says that Abby is hotter than Scully. The argument always switches to benefit the opposing party. Scully is a win all around. Also, the statement does have foundation as well.

• thepjdc says:

Morons?!!!! I think anyone offended you to be calling us morons.

• Puhleese says:

Stop with this argument. This poll is about who is more crushable, not about who is the most iconic— and it was NOT because of Scully the whole tv land is born.

• NCISgal says:

HAHAHAHAH i laughed out loud when i saw this comment from nitemar. “Without scully there’d be no zivas?” HA! You need to study up on your law enforcement darling! Ziva was isralei mossad. the x-files has nothing to do with her so leave her out of this. Even if scully never happened, ziva would still be here. And ziva is WAY hotter then scully. and if scully and ziva ever got in a fight, ziva would hav scully pinned to the floor before you could say X-Files. Ziva could take scully down any day. There would be ziva’s if scully never existed. Ziva could kick scully’s ass any day. And once again, ziva was isralei mossad, so the X-Files has nothing to do with her. Get your facts straight.

• Lea says:

The expression is “Israeli”, not “Isralei”.
        Besides, you keep repeating yourself because you are, apparently, a die-hard NCIS fan (cf. your nickname), and can’t see objectively that both Ziva and Abby can’t beat Scully when it comes to crushability. This is not about Ziva eing able to do Krav Maga or whatever. This also isn’t about Scully being able isolate a strain of bacteria. This is about the fact that Scully has an exceptionally beautiful face, and Abby – and Ziva – for that matter, aren’t ugly, but certainly not as stunning and memorable as her.

• HorseGirl says:

Cant we all just get along? Id have to agree with the NCIS fan. I think Ziva is hotter then scully. but i dont think abby is hotter then scully. maybe if it was who had a better show, i would have to vote NCIS. scullydeserves to win this one but, if it was crushablity between ziva and scully, ziva would win. Now please, cant we get along?

30. Mali says:

Scully!!!! Love her. Abby is just her pale shadow.

31. Amanda says:

Scully! Scully! Scully!

32. Sil says:

SCULLY!!!!!

33. Ali says:

Wow, I can’t believe this race is this close! I guess not everyone grew up as a total x-phile like myself. Considering I used to want to be her, I gotta say Scully FTW!!

34. Warren says:

I wasn’t an x-files fan but Jillian Anderson is super sexy. Abby doesn’t do it for me.

35. Chelle says:

Scullllyyyy!

36. Jaclyn says:

the only reason anyone would vote for the black haired chick is because they are a huge NCIS fan or have never seen the xfiles…i personally think she is a troll. but thats just my opinion. anyone doubting the “hotness” of gillian anderson need only to youtube the music video for the song “Extremis” by HAL…and be prepared to be a little uncomfortable,lol. i am as straight as they come (mainly because of men who look like her former co-star,mr. duchovny), but i have had a girl crush on gilly since forever.

37. Nina says:

c’mon, Scully is the mother of all female scientist characters on television today. Dana Scully ROCKS!

38. Lu says:

Scully ALL THE WAY!

39. Indiana Mulder says:

Scully wins with pure sophistication. I am a huge NCIS fan but Abby can be a bit annoying sometimes (like me!). Plus she reminds me of a grown up Goth Cindy Brady. Dana Scully is the winner.

40. Lani says:

SCULLY!!!!!
    :D

41. Jill says:

Scully is my only love.

42. SpookyKatie says:

I love Abby. Since that show started people I’ve know always called her my twin. But… Scully, she’s the tops for me. Been my favorite since I was a kid. Sorry Abby but it’s Scully for me.

43. CastleBuffySVU says:

Doesn’t really matter, in my opinion. Beckett will beat either in the next round. :D GO CASTLE! WOO!

44. Ashley says:

Abby’s adorable but I don’t really appreciate how the showrunners have apprently decided they need to compensate for her being a super-intelligent adult female by having her act like a child most of the time. Scully, on the other hand, is the whole package and a WOMAN to boot. Besides…she’s Dana freaking Scully, people!

45. Paula says:

Scully, without any doubt, I’m also a straight girl but she keeps confusing my sexuality. She is gorgeous, she is ingelligent and she is such a deep and strong character. I’ve always thought that she has some kind of special, classical beauty.
    I don’t think someone can watch the X Files and not fall in love with her. At first she’s so young and cute, but not so atractive, but with the seasons she kept getting more and more beautiful.

46. Christine says:

Scully is my idol. I looked up to her when I was a teenager and considering my alternative choices (90210 anyone???) I think I made a wise decision. Scully FTW!

47. Jill says:

Gillian Anderson…making straight women question their sexuality since 1993.

48. Per Manum says:

Ya vamos ganando otra vez! Scully, la mejor