Exclusive

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Look Who's Playing Zoe's MIA Dad (Hint: There's a Chuck Connection)!

Zoe Hart’s daddy issues will be moving front and center during the second half of Hart of Dixie‘s rookie season.

We know this because TVLine has learned exclusively that acting vet Gary Cole is joining the CW charmer as the superstar surgeon whom Rachel Bilson’s character was raised to believe was her father.

Cole, who in recent years has recurred on Desperate Housewives, Entourage and Chuck, is booked to appear in at least two episodes.

Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Returns Calendar

Zoe’s dad grew distant from her when she was young after learning that he wasn’t her biological father — something Zoe herself only recently discovered (and after pinning her hopes on one day joining his esteemed medical practice). As a result, their reunion is sure to be a bittersweet one.

Thoughts? Pretty cool that Zoe Hart and Sarah Walker are essentially-but-not-really sisters? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Jarrod says:

I really hope there is something emotional here. I’d like to see Zoe Hart’s emotional side, which may lead her into the arms of Wade. Not to mention, I miss seeing the emotional depth of Rachel Bilson. That girl can portray real tears. We all remember Summer Roberts!

2. Me says:

Hart of Dixie rocks!

3. Jen says:

Can’t wait for the show to return on January 23rd!!! I am kind of in love with this show and it’s all Wade’s fault!

• Ari says:

Seriously. If not for Wade I could just walk out on this show. I have a lot of moments where I think he’s too good for Zoe. Haha!

4. Abby says:

Very exciting, I can’t wait. I’m hoping to eventually see Zoe and Wade together. They’re perfect for each other.

5. jar says:

Wait…former Vice Presidents Hoynes and Bingo Bob Russell together at last? I need a West Wing reference, show!

6. Kim says:

Rachel Bilson is already a Chuck connection since she played Lou, the sandwich girl. Thinking of that character as Sarah’s sister… is kind of disturbing.

7. fernando says:

love this show

8. Kay says:

Ooooh… GARY COLE! Yay! HoD continues to rock!

9. Jones says:

Yay! I can’t wait to see Lumbergh as Zoe’s dad! I also hope he’ll have scenes together with the other West Wing VP Hoines! Now we just need Donna to show up!

10. Anonymous says:

now Hart of Dixie has two former West Wing vice-Presidents in it’s cast.

11. Yasmin says:

Zoe Hart as Sarah Walker’s long lost sister haha. Maybe Josh Schwartz should bring Yvonne to guest star on HoD now that Chuck is done filming.

12. caro brasil says:

I liked the idea but I really want him to diane…THE GOOD WIFE

13. lilsunshineray08 says:

this is getting too close to A Very Brady Sequel movie reunion.

14. Melinae says:

I love this show. But, I don’t know guys… do you really think Zoe and Wade are gonna end together? I think it’s more probably that Lemon end with Lavon and then George is gonna be alone and ready for Zoe… but I don’t know.

• Channie says:

I also love this show :-) And I think you’re right.
      I have also the same feeling; that probably Lemon end with Lavon and that George finally end with Zoe.
      We have to wait….to see what’s comming out ;-)

15. lois says:

Really do not care . Its not going anywhere anyway who really care! All she do is use people to promote it

• dawn juanita says:

Oh, lois, lois…

It seems you care very much about Hart of Dixie-
      Or else why would you even “care; as you put it”
      to comment at all.
      Usually most of us skip the article’s and comments
      when we don’t like the show.
      BTW, I’m loving HoD. It’s fresh & original.
      (Ahh, but maybe that’s not your thing)

There are so many good shows this year (2011-2012) on TV!
      I’m hoping this one makes it.

Lois, maybe you’re just having a tough day…
      Wait! How bout’ taking an hour to chill,
      You can turn on a re-run of Hart of Dixie
      (or put in your hidden recording of it :)
      You’ll feel better. Maybe sip on some hot cocoa too…