Matt's Inside Line on Ringer, Chuck, Blue Bloods, Happy Endings, Big Bang Baby Talk and More!

What juicy goodness is on tap for Ringer‘s return? Can Morgan succeed with his most critical mission ever? Will baby talk waylay Big Bang‘s nerdy wedding plans? Read on for those answers, plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

Ringer | Since this CW series’ 2012 return got pushed back a few weeks [groan], I thought I’d help soothe fans over with some teasers. Overall, I am told, the new year we will serve up new reveals about the backstories of all of the characters. For example, we will find out what exactly caused the rift between Siobhan and Bridget and get the 411 on the precise catalyst for Henry and Siobhan’s love affair. Looking forward versus back, Andrew will propose anew to his “wife” (awww), we’ll get a peek inside Agent Machado’s personal life, and, of course, you should be prepared for the body count to grow….

Kris Polaha Discusses Ringer‘s ‘Shocking’ Exit, Says Show ‘Hits the Ground Running’ After Break

The Big Bang Theory | Based on the buzz at the CBS hitcom’s 100th episode party, all signs point to Howard and Bernadette  heading for a wedding this season… that is, provided they can get past a tot-sized problem. In an upcoming episode, Simon Helberg says, we will see that “Bernadette has a violent reaction to children.” Meaning…? ” She is not as soft as she seems. She turns into a bit of a werewolf,” Helberg adds. “And when he sees the eyes and the claws come out, all of a sudden he’s like, ‘Wait a second. We need to talk about children.’” Melissa Rauch, who plays Helberg’s TV fiancée, is game to tackle that twist, noting, “There aren’t a lot of women portrayed who don’t get all baby-crazy.”

Big Bang Theory Boss Reveals Plot of 100th Episode: ‘It Is a Little Risky’

Blue Bloods | Dipping into the reader mailbag, Kristen writes, “I’d love to get some scoop on Blue Bloods as an early Christmas present, preferably about the woefully underused Abigail Hawk, who plays Baker. Plus, any scoop about Erin would not be unappreciated.” Alas I’ve got nothing to report on the imminent horizon for Baker, but I can tell you that when the CBS drama returns on Jan. 6, Erin will be devastated and wracked by guilt when a confidential informant who has been aiding her in a corruption investigation meets a (gulp) most unfortunate fate.

Ask Ausiello: How Will Switched at Birth‘s Daphne Deal With the Bay-Emmett Romance?

Switched at Birth | Speaking with Constance Marie, who plays Regina, at ABC Family’s skating party, I asked about the “skeletons” said to be hiding in the closet of Bay’s recently resurfaced biological father. “Yes, he does have skeletons — and he is also not too bad to look at,” she said with a nod to Angela’s portrayer, Gilles Marini. “The good news is that we get to explore the relationship of a father who wasn’t there, a flawed father… a handsome-looking father… and the relationship between him and I — is it over, is it not over?” As for Angelo’s dynamic with Daphne, Katie Leclerc told me, “Things get nasty” between the two when Season 1 resumes Jan. 3.

TVLine Tracks the Cougar Town Cameos on Happy Endings, Body of Proof and Other Shows

Happy Endings | Thus far on ABC’s buzzy sophomore comedy, we’ve met Penny’s mother, Max’s parents, and Michael McKean (Smallville) is on his way to play Dave’s dad. So where be Jane and Alex’s folks? “What I’ve been kind of told,” Eliza Coupe shared with us, “is that they’re going to wait until hopefully a third season, or maybe the end of this year” to introduce viewers to the sisters’ parents. Until then, Coupe and her TV sib have batted around the occasional guest-casting idea, including one that would put an exclamation point on the 24 in-joke made during Season 1. “I was joking about Kiefer Sutherland playing our dad — it’d be so original for Elisha [Cuthbert], wouldn’t it? ” Coupe says. “I also said Jim Carrey, because I want in some capacity to work with him. But that one’s a bit of a stretch.”

She’ll Be Back: Chuck Matriarch Linda Hamilton to Return for Series Finale

Chuck | Morgan may have lost his frosted tips (thank god), but during his rough patch with the Intersect he also lost the girl. So now, continuing through the terrific Christmas episode (airing Dec. 23), the rookie spy will do his best to rescue his love life. “Morgan’s going to be desperate to try to get Alex back, but it’s not an easy thing,” says series cocreator Chris Fedak. After all, “He broke up [with her] on a text [message]. He turned into a douche.” The key to succeeding in this off-the-books mission, says Joshua Gomez, lies in “being persistent, as Morgan often is, and maybe getting a little help from the big guy” – meaning not Him, but J.C. aka John Casey.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman, Meg Masters and Carrie Bell)

Comments (25)

• Happy Endings – I’d love it if Kiefer was their dad. That would be hysterical. But since Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans, Sr., were both on In Living Color, that would be funny too! Love this show!!!!!!

Comment by Susan – December 16, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kiefer’s on that show Touch though, so he might not have time?

Comment by Lauren – December 16, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did Kristen really ask to get scoop on “Blood Bloods”?

Comment by Cinders – December 16, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why not? It is a good show.

Comment by Just Me – December 16, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There is a mistake. The article says “Kristen writes, ‘I’d love to get some scoop on Blood Bloods’ “.

Comment by Luke – December 16, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ha. Fixed.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 16, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww I’m excited for Chuck! I love Morgan and Alex! Sad that this is pretty much it for Chuck! I just discovered this show over the summer and it’s ending! GAH! Darn you NBC and your lack of meaningful advertising.

Comment by Ari – December 16, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so glad CHUCK is still gaining new fans even until the end! As much as I’d like to hate NBC right now though, they were at least gracious enough to allow for a 5th season that wraps the stories of these wonderful characters. Let’s just hope they stay as kind to awesome-but-struggling shows like Community and Parks & Rec, as well.

Anyway, I’m excited for the upcoming Morgan/Alex storyline, too! Not to mention the expectedly epic Sarah-centric episode. And really Matt? You’re gonna tease us of this ‘terrific’ Christmas episode? As if I weren’t anxious enough seeing he-who-shall-not-be-named in the promo.

Comment by Aiden – December 16, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chuck always got such great word of mouth but the adverts for it always made it look…not appealing. I tore up my ACL this summer and while in recovery (aka lots of lounging about for a bit) a friend gave me the first season of Chuck. I was so into it I didn’t want to wait for her to bring me the 2nd and 3rd and bought them outright. I am now an addict! I love me some John Casey! I even converted my BF so Chuck gained at least 2 fans this summer. We watch every Friday!

Comment by Ari – December 16, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see more of Bay and Emmett together on Switched at Birth when it returns in January. They are so great together!

Comment by Jill – December 16, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t realize until now that Jane and Alex are siblings on Happy Endings… I don’t know how that slipped my mind. But Kiefer would be fun to have on. Maybe Leslie Hope (Teri Bauer, Kim’s mom) could play their mom as well :) :)

Comment by Linda – December 16, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love if Kiefer Sutherland played their dad on HE,but since he’s the star of an upcoming show on Fox, I doubt it would happen. It would be funny if the writers said that Alex and Jane’s dad couldn’t come to Chicago to visit them because he was an international spy who was always working undercover! :-) LOL

Comment by Lane – December 16, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember learning that they were sisters during the stealth airing of the previously unaired episode from season one back in August and thinking, “Was I supposed to know this fact already?”

Comment by emteem – December 16, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s been established since the pilot and brought up in several episodes that they were sisters.

Comment by Amanda – December 16, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Blue Blood’s scoop. BB’s is my fave.

Comment by jenn – December 16, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haa! Can’t hardly wait for Ringer’s return! Sounds EPIC!!

Comment by Xmas – December 16, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ringer is one of my favorite shows, so I hate that we have to wait for so long for the new episodes. I already ship Bridget and Andrew, and I can’t wait until Siobhan finds out that her husband loves her twin sister more than her! :P

I don’t like Henry’s character at all, so I don’t care why or how his affair with Siobhan started. I wouldn’t mind if his character were written off the show (but not killed off, since his twin sons would be orphans)!

Comment by FranS – December 16, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Blue Bloods and am still confused about CSI NY is it back Jan 6 for a few weeks then it is off for 6 OR is it just not on until March 30, it says 6 week Hiatus so I assume it is back Jan 6 but with only 9 more episodes this season I guess there will be lots of repeats

Did not know Ringer is being pushed back I am so not happy

Comment by sarah – December 16, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m kind of surprised about Bernadette being anti kids. The episode where Sheldon was overtired from days of trying to solve his science problem, Bernadette was the only one to handle him logically. She then explained that her mother ran an illegal day care center when she was growing up. Her patience with Sheldon would have been out of character if she dislikes children.

Comment by Templar – December 16, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One can be good with children while still not liking them. It’s just uncommon. I’m just hoping that they don’t play her as being all anti-kids until something happens and all of a sudden, all she wants is a baby, which is a path taken by a lot of shows, unfortunately.

Comment by Corinne – December 16, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA I can already see an episode where fastidious Sheldon finds himself in charge of the baby who needs a diaper change. Been done to death.

Comment by Templar – December 17, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, why must so many shows do that? I’d love to see a female character not want kids and actually stick with it. Must every woman either be kid-crazy or a flip flopper? People are entitled to change there mind but still… It’s okay to not want kids and be a woman. I feel like there’s never really a character who represents that. Ah well.

Comment by P – December 17, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • When Grey’s Anatomy did that with Cristina at the start of this season there was huge outcry. Some at the abortion, but many at the fact that she didn’t get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of a baby.

I’m all for women being portrayed as not wanting kids. Many women choose that path and it is no less noble–or more selfish– than having kids.

Comment by Gretchen – December 18, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, for Morgan trying to win back Alex! He patched things up with Casey, now he needs to get the girl. I’m so sad that “Chuck” is ending. It was such a fun show, and, I’m going to miss Adam Baldwin so much. I hope he finds a cool new gig fast.
    I also turned into a Josh Gomez fan and would like to see where he and Zach Levi end up.

Comment by Ali – December 16, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY for Morgan and Alex!!! I love those two! And the thought of John Casey helping get them back together makes it even better! Can’t wait for next week’s episode! It looks soooo good!!!!

Comment by Jenny – December 16, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post