Hot Shots: How I Met Your Mother Rings in the New Year With… a Brand New [Spoiler Alert]!

When How I Met Your Mother returns on Jan. 2, Ted and Barney will finally fulfill their dream of opening a bar. Yes, Puzzles — the name of their would-be booze lounge from Season 4 — is a reality, and we’ve got the photos to prove it!

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Will Sasso Set For New Year’s Eve Rematch

The long-in-the-making hangout has been erected in a surprising location — inside Ted and Robin’s apartment. Cue the crazy shenanigans!

Meanwhile, Marshall has decided to carry on his tradition of tailgating at his dad’s graveside. Sweet or weird?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (27)

• Okay, who else checked to see if puzzlesthebar.com was a real site?

Comment by Chris – December 16, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did! Im hoping it will be by the time the episode airs like many of them have been!

Comment by Kate – December 16, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It probably will be since they did with all the others

Comment by Ant – December 16, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they know us too well…

Comment by mawhi – December 16, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is a real website! Just not online yet, but registered by the studio

Comment by Damon – December 17, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I checked it out. That’s how I ended up here. Although the bro handbook can be found online.

Comment by Rick – January 2, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the pictures of the bar look awesome. Pree stocked for Jan 2

Comment by Adam Alex Amin – December 16, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally checked for the bars website. Disappointed that Kevin is still in the picture literally. I guess Robin/Barney is really over. :-(

Comment by Angela – December 16, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For now…

Comment by Jason C – December 16, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not over yet–remember how one of the creators (can’t remember if it was Bays or Thomas) said the second half of this season would get really interesting for Barnman and Robin fans? Trust me–there’s still plenty of awesome to go around for those two.

Comment by Tessa – January 1, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see Kevin in those photos, I was really enjoying his character and I love Kal Penn. I figure he will find out about Robin and Barney and won’t be around much longer, but I’m glad to see he’s still around for now.

Comment by Brad – December 17, 2011 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The website needs to be real. All sites in movies and on tv shows are real

Comment by Erica – December 17, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is robin? o.O

Comment by Larry – December 17, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i know right!!!!!!!

were is she!

Comment by Louise Peters – December 29, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me or does the Puzzles logo look like Cheers?

Comment by Ethan – December 17, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s supposed to.

Comment by Brooke – December 17, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It obviously is. The “Established 2012″ confirms it in case there was any doubt.

Comment by Russ Burlingame – December 17, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that picture of Ted and Kevin glaring at someone together. Those characters really do seem like they would get along.

Comment by Lauren – December 17, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so pumped for HIMYM..ohh,I can’t wait! :)

Comment by A. – December 17, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Willl knocks out Jason. Puzzles is going to be a bust. Robin better end up with Barney or they are gonna lose a lot of viewers. Still believe in Barnman and Robin.

Comment by hermes – December 18, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does the Puzzles sign uses identical graphics as the Cheers sign?

Comment by Rob – December 19, 2011 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am hoping barney falls for nora. Think about it Nora is the first person that really captivated the barnman. There was lingering feeling between barney and robin, but as the season closed the saying “newer is always better” kept coming up. Also, when barney and robin were together both of them were Miserable.

Comment by Brian – December 20, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll have to disagree with you there–as much as Nora did reveal Barney’s potential for a real relationship, in the same episode where all of this “new is better” talk occurred, there were still callbacks to the past. Robin and Barney’s thinly veiled discussion of their old relationship and love for each other showed that neither had let it go. Even after Robin rejected Barney this season (after he rejected Nora), there is still a chance that they will work out. Why would they keep Kevin around if not to use him as a tangible obstacle between Barney and Robin? Kal Penn is a great actor, but his time is limited and his character hasn’t been all that well received. And as for Barney and Robin being miserable together, that was Barney’s first relationship since Shannon–he had no idea how to approach it, and his lack of confidence made Robin uneasy too. After having more time apart and more chances at learning about relationships, it is only becoming clearer that they belong together and that all of this strife is in preparation for them finally coming together.

Comment by Tessa – January 1, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ted+barney- awesome! puzzles gonna rock!

Comment by shobhana – December 23, 2011 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really do miss the whole barnman and robin thing, they were so close, but robin got stuck with kevin, don’t get me wrong i love kal penn, because of his role in hugh laurie series house. But i really want robin to be barney’s bride and them to have kids, do you reckon IVF is an option for barney and robin, oh i hope so, they are so great together, and the only reason they were ever miserable was because they didn’t handle they’re fights properly or even talk about them until it ate them up from the inside.

LAWYERED!

Comment by Louise Peters – December 29, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am watching it now . Pretty good show so far. I hung out with my young children this year . No booze for a full year now. I had fun with them. And no hangover !

Comment by Downtownderek – January 2, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Puzzles will be over any minute now bud.sorry!!

Comment by Downtownderek – January 2, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post