Exclusive

Exclusive: Alicia Silverstone Joins Suburgatory, Reunites With Clueless Pal Jeremy Sisto

It only took 17 years, but it looks like Elton finally snagged Cher!

Alicia Silverstone is putting down roots in Suburgatory, and you’d have to be postal not to know who she’s likely setting her sights on: Her former Clueless pal Jeremy Sisto!

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Silverstone is joining ABC’s rookie comedy for a multi-episode arc as a potential love interest for Sisto’s single dad character, George.

ABC declined to comment, but an insider added that when Silverstone’s alter ego, Eden, arrives in Chatswin her unusual line of work causes a rift between George and his BFF Noah (Alan Tudyk).

This is the actress’ first major series gig since NBC’s Miss Match in 2003. It also marks her first onscreen reunion with Sisto since 1995′s Clueless.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. ashley says:

i think this might be the most amazing news ever? as if.

2. Claire says:

Fantastic! I love this show and this only makes it better!

3. Mita says:

I hope George takes her for a drive and abandons her in a parking lot.
    Or I hope george realizes he has to go to the quad to get his cranberries cd
    Or I hope they play suck n blow

4. JEF says:

This is awesome news! I have wanted this ever since the first episode. I always rooted for Cher and Elton, do you know his father is? They made sense, And they were not sort of brother and sister.

5. steveo says:

Rachel Blanchard will always be MY Cher.

• bhm1304 says:

I love her. I saw her recently in an episode of Jason Priestly’s HBO Canada show “Call Me Fitz” playing a beautiful but slow girl (think Charlize Theron’s part on Arrested Development) and it was extremely funny. Its one of the funniest shows on television and currently carried in the US on DirecTV Audience Network. I’m really surprised this show hasn’t been hijacked by the US because it is extremely good.

6. Elizabeth says:

Awesome, love this!

Jeremy Sisto is the sole reason I started watching Suburgatory.
    It quickly became one of my new favorite shows. Great cast!

• CJ says:

Funny thing is, I never liked Jeremy Sisto before, but I really like him on this show. I like Alicia Silverstone, too, but I don’t know how she’ll fit in on Suburgatory.

7. Stef says:

Love, love, love Jeremy Sisto! He is such a Baldwin!

8. Lorie says:

Awesome news!!!

9. TV Chick says:

I don’t know what this show is. BUT, This is so freaken awesome!!! I might go watch this show just for this. And, by the way, If you don’t know what Clueless is….get off this website RIGHT NOW and GO WATCH IT because…I can’t even begin to explain. It will change your life lol

10. em says:

Great casting news! I love Jeremy Sisto now, but thank goodness his Elton days are long gone. I could not stand Elton.

11. babygate says:

Nice!!! For those of us from the ‘Clueless’ generation! Can’t wait! Hope she becomes a regular.

12. Lisa says:

Woo hoo!!!!! Cant wait.

13. Kim says:

This makes me happy.

14. Lore says:

Perfect! love the show and this is amazing news!!!

15. Amber says:

Has it really been 17 years since Clueless came out??? Ugh, I saw this in the theater when I was in college. I feel so old right now. I am totally buggin’! Time for a trip to the mall to have a calorie fest and see the new Christian Slater.

16. Carrie says:

That’s awesome! “Clueless” is one of my all-time favorite movies and I love “Suburgatory”. :)

17. eric murphy says:

Now I gotta start watching Suburgatory again. I stopped watching after I noticed the creepy incestuous couple vibe of the dad and the kid. Alicia was my first boyhood crush/lust object was her in the Aerosmith videos and Clueless and she still looks hot to this day.

• Annie says:

If your creeped out by your percieved incest vibe on Suburgatory then you must have really loved those Areosmith videos. You do know Steven Tyler cast his daughter as a underaged sex fiend in them.

18. Deb says:

Love the movie love the show. Can’t wait. She needs to have a dog named Elton.

19. Jill says:

Alicia Silverstone is awesome! I’ve always loved her since first seeing her in “Clueless.” She’s one of the best.

20. Rich says:

I might start watching the show now, I think Alica is hot, I’d luv to toss her salad

21. Jennifer says:

this totally made my day!

22. Philipp says:

I love love love Alicia Silverstone!!! I would marry her in a heartbeat! Gorgeous inside and out!

23. Deena says:

Don’t forget they were also in that horrible movie Hideaway together. If you think Elton was a creep, try watching Jeremy’s character in that thing.

24. WaitWaitWait says:

So wait a minute, Alan Tudyk is on Suburgatory?! Why had this not been shouted wide and far from the rooftops? My beloved Wash back on television! Well I guess I’m going to have to start watching this show even though it is in diret competition with Cougar Town.

• KevyB says:

How can it be in direct competition with Cougar Town when they are on the same channel??? And Cougar Town is still not even on this season? If maybe you are saying it’s a competition to actually get on the air, then blame the other crap ABC is still airing or planning to air, like that Tim Allen crap, that Men Dressing Up as Women crap, or whatever canceled crap they didn’t bother replacing with Cougar Town.