Exclusive: Alicia Silverstone Joins Suburgatory, Reunites With Clueless Pal Jeremy Sisto

It only took 17 years, but it looks like Elton finally snagged Cher!

Alicia Silverstone is putting down roots in Suburgatory, and you’d have to be postal not to know who she’s likely setting her sights on: Her former Clueless pal Jeremy Sisto!

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Silverstone is joining ABC’s rookie comedy for a multi-episode arc as a potential love interest for Sisto’s single dad character, George.

ABC declined to comment, but an insider added that when Silverstone’s alter ego, Eden, arrives in Chatswin her unusual line of work causes a rift between George and his BFF Noah (Alan Tudyk).

This is the actress’ first major series gig since NBC’s Miss Match in 2003. It also marks her first onscreen reunion with Sisto since 1995′s Clueless.

Comments (36)

• i think this might be the most amazing news ever? as if.

Comment by ashley – December 15, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “As if”, haha. I didn’t remember that….

ps.: I don’t believe it has been 17 years already.

Comment by Cathy – December 15, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! I love this show and this only makes it better!

Comment by Claire – December 15, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope George takes her for a drive and abandons her in a parking lot.
    Or I hope george realizes he has to go to the quad to get his cranberries cd
    Or I hope they play suck n blow

Comment by Mita – December 15, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. They need lots of in jokes.

Comment by Emily – December 15, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …everything you just said is awesome.

Comment by Alex – December 15, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Rollin with the Homies plays in the background of every scene they have together.

Comment by Jessie – December 15, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by J – December 15, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love this. All of this. And I hope he says, “My foot hurts. Can I go to the nurse?

Comment by Annie – December 16, 2011 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cute!

Comment by alex – December 15, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome news! I have wanted this ever since the first episode. I always rooted for Cher and Elton, do you know his father is? They made sense, And they were not sort of brother and sister.

Comment by JEF – December 15, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel Blanchard will always be MY Cher.

Comment by steveo – December 15, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love her. I saw her recently in an episode of Jason Priestly’s HBO Canada show “Call Me Fitz” playing a beautiful but slow girl (think Charlize Theron’s part on Arrested Development) and it was extremely funny. Its one of the funniest shows on television and currently carried in the US on DirecTV Audience Network. I’m really surprised this show hasn’t been hijacked by the US because it is extremely good.

Comment by bhm1304 – December 16, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, love this!

Jeremy Sisto is the sole reason I started watching Suburgatory.
    It quickly became one of my new favorite shows. Great cast!

Comment by Elizabeth – December 15, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Funny thing is, I never liked Jeremy Sisto before, but I really like him on this show. I like Alicia Silverstone, too, but I don’t know how she’ll fit in on Suburgatory.

Comment by CJ – December 15, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love Jeremy Sisto! He is such a Baldwin!

Comment by Stef – December 15, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!!!

Comment by Lorie – December 15, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know what this show is. BUT, This is so freaken awesome!!! I might go watch this show just for this. And, by the way, If you don’t know what Clueless is….get off this website RIGHT NOW and GO WATCH IT because…I can’t even begin to explain. It will change your life lol

Comment by TV Chick – December 15, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting news! I love Jeremy Sisto now, but thank goodness his Elton days are long gone. I could not stand Elton.

Comment by em – December 15, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice!!! For those of us from the ‘Clueless’ generation! Can’t wait! Hope she becomes a regular.

Comment by babygate – December 15, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo!!!!! Cant wait.

Comment by Lisa – December 15, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me happy.

Comment by Kim – December 15, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect! love the show and this is amazing news!!!

Comment by Lore – December 15, 2011 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has it really been 17 years since Clueless came out??? Ugh, I saw this in the theater when I was in college. I feel so old right now. I am totally buggin’! Time for a trip to the mall to have a calorie fest and see the new Christian Slater.

Comment by Amber – December 15, 2011 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome! “Clueless” is one of my all-time favorite movies and I love “Suburgatory”. :)

Comment by Carrie – December 15, 2011 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I gotta start watching Suburgatory again. I stopped watching after I noticed the creepy incestuous couple vibe of the dad and the kid. Alicia was my first boyhood crush/lust object was her in the Aerosmith videos and Clueless and she still looks hot to this day.

Comment by eric murphy – December 16, 2011 03:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If your creeped out by your percieved incest vibe on Suburgatory then you must have really loved those Areosmith videos. You do know Steven Tyler cast his daughter as a underaged sex fiend in them.

Comment by Annie – December 16, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the movie love the show. Can’t wait. She needs to have a dog named Elton.

Comment by Deb – December 16, 2011 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia Silverstone is awesome! I’ve always loved her since first seeing her in “Clueless.” She’s one of the best.

Comment by Jill – December 16, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might start watching the show now, I think Alica is hot, I’d luv to toss her salad

Comment by Rich – December 16, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this totally made my day!

Comment by Jennifer – December 16, 2011 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love Alicia Silverstone!!! I would marry her in a heartbeat! Gorgeous inside and out!

Comment by Philipp – December 16, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget they were also in that horrible movie Hideaway together. If you think Elton was a creep, try watching Jeremy’s character in that thing.

Comment by Deena – December 16, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So wait a minute, Alan Tudyk is on Suburgatory?! Why had this not been shouted wide and far from the rooftops? My beloved Wash back on television! Well I guess I’m going to have to start watching this show even though it is in diret competition with Cougar Town.

Comment by WaitWaitWait – December 16, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can it be in direct competition with Cougar Town when they are on the same channel??? And Cougar Town is still not even on this season? If maybe you are saying it’s a competition to actually get on the air, then blame the other crap ABC is still airing or planning to air, like that Tim Allen crap, that Men Dressing Up as Women crap, or whatever canceled crap they didn’t bother replacing with Cougar Town.

Comment by KevyB – December 16, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post