Exclusive

Grimm First Look: Monroe's Holiday Bombshell!

Dunno about you guys, but when I think of people who could potentially outdo Martha Stewart at the decking of halls, I do not think of any character from Grimm. And, even if I did, I certainly wouldn’t think of Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell).

However, as this exclusive sneak preview of Friday’s episode (NBC, 9/8c) reveals, he’s got Christmas spirit, yes he does. And not only that, but, as Nick (David Giuntoli) learns, he has insight into how Santa manages to… well, manage at the North Pole that no one else does.

Click below, and see for yourself.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Video

1. Emily says:

Monroe is the most interesting entertaining lovable characters to get introduced this year!

2. joanna blevins says:

I hope the show stays on for many seasons!!!!!

3. Kat says:

Grimm is my ultimate favorite show!!! I’m such a big fan of all the stories/graphics and Monroe is definitely my favorite character!!! Can’t wait till the next episode!! :)

4. Britt says:

Grimm is my favorite show all time. Monroe is my favorite character closely followed by Nick. Faboulous show!

5. jess says:

i love this character! can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode!

6. theinsaneeraser says:

Nick is my favorite and homg his face in this and Monroe you are adorable and gufbsdfbgdjfhsdfhksdb I can not wait for this ep.

7. Kaibosh says:

I REALLY REALLY want to like this show but there is still so much that just .. isn’t there yet.. It’s passable but its still under cooked. And aside from liking Monroe who IS a likable character; I’m having trouble figuring out why I should care. I know I’m SUPPOSED to like Nick because he’s the hero. But so far he hasn’t done anything except be really bad a being a GRIMM. And as for being a GRIMM why should the others be afraid of him? Is he supposed to have any enhanced abilities like Buffy as the Chosen One? Because quite frankly he’s a wuss. “Once Upon A Time” at least has an ongoing story arc that is going somewhere. GRIMM is well, kind of boring.

• Renee says:

I agree that Nick is the weakest link so far. I hope the writers or the actor start doing more with the character. But I’m enjoying the stories and the other characters.

• Danielle H says:

This. Although I don’t know about OUAT going anywhere.. they make you think it is but it’s wildly inconsistent.

• May says:

I disagree. I really like Nick. I love how he manages his duties as a cop and Grimm. He is a nice guy that strives for justice whether the person is human or fairytale creature.

This show isn’t Buffy or Angel. It’s a crime procedural with supernatural elements. Nick takes the harder path of actually trying to talk it out with people and follow the law. He’s not going to be kicking butt & fighting with ancient weapons every episode.

It sounds like Supernatural is more your speed. It’s a good show that you might find more interesting.

8. kay says:

Funny preview. The Munroe and Nick scenes are usually my favs and this is no exception. Who knew that Santa was a …..!

9. Renee says:

Hehehe. Monroe is so funny.

10. Judy Hodges says:

Love the show hope there is many more to come

11. Julia says:

I LOVE Monroe! Everyone else is sooooo serious”! Though the partner isn’t bad, he just doesn’t have a whole lot to do most of the time

12. Anne says:

You’ve hit it. I agree with everything you’ve said. I’m fine with him bumbling about as a Grimm because he’s still new at it, but I thought that his being cop will compensate from his lack of talent as a Grimm.

Also, it would be great to somehow include Nick’s girlfriend in the storyline. I’m not really sure if her presence on the show is needed. She’s useless so far :/

I have a lot of faith in the creators because of their Buffy/Angel connection, so I will continue to watch in the hopes that they eventually find their way :)

13. Yal says:

I like Nick. I can see why you would say he’s kinda bland or undercooked right now, but keep in mind that the woman who raised him has just died and he’s started to see and interact with crazy fairytale creatures. I don’t know about you, but I’d be really shell-shocked…not a lot of emotional facial expressions. For example, in the pilot, after the reaper attacks Marie, Juliette says “I love you,” and he just walks away. Combine this numbness with being your typical steady, nice guy, as well as being a cop, and you may agree with me that David Giuntoli is doing a nice, subtle job of portraying a not-really-multi-dimensional-yet character. He’s growing, though: when Adalind does her agajakfkalb face at him in the bee episode, he just laughs, which I personally found arresting. It was surprising character growth, and also…he’s got a great smile:)

14. SA says:

Monroe is my favorite character and I think Silas Weir Mitchell nails the part. However, I find it a bit odd that I as a viewer know more about Monroe than I do about Nick, the main character.

15. Karen says:

I hope Silas Weir Mitchell gets every possible award for this show. His Monroe is the best character to come along in years, paws down.

16. Claire says:

I’m 12 and really enjoy Grimm but I really didn’t expect Monroe to be in the Christmas spirit the most. Monroe is my fave character in Grimm I hope it does well so I can watch more awesome shows. :D

17. Laurie says:

We Love MONROE!! Keep the episodes coming. I’m not even a tv watcher, & Grimm has brought me back… Granted I live in PDX, but it’s great fun! Thank you, thank you!